This is thread #4

This is thread #4
Last Thread: What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves.
At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

What're you having for dinner /fat/ties? I've only eaten 700 cals today, so I might have a drink or two tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

guardyourhealth.com/health-topics/fitness/apft-in-90-days-infographic/
howtopasstheapft.com/the-us-army-physical-fitness-table.html
whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
youtu.be/r79GdNvxJ7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Currently cutting too. Man it sucks.
I managed to my bench up to 445, I always freak out during cuts due to the loss in strength. :/
Pic is me

Supper tonight: romaine salad with balsamic dressing, browned butterflied chicken breast, 1/4c low-carb marinara, some Romano cheese curls melted on top. Strong tasting cheeses make me crave less.

I'm closing in on a normal BMI number (so close) so I'm going HAM on my low-carb plan for a week. Not Keto but pretty low.

Hey friendos! How have you been?
Today I have only eaten 200 of my 1500 calories, to try and even out yesterdays slip...
Is eating supplements good for helping you lose weight? For example soy lecithin, or omega 3

I take Fish Oil and Multivitamin for over the counter shit. I feel like only the Fish Oil is necessary for my shitty joints, and I think it helps a bit.

Bean salad and a few pieces of grilled chicken thigh

>tfw eating too much protein and haven't had a normal shit in days

Wow :') you almost made it whats making it like

I just need some advice, iv'e read the sticky and stuff, but im just wondering if I should lift weights? Because iv'e read somewhere that lifting weights when your'e really overweight lifting can be harmful or something. I have a home gym in my house and I have a shit ton of weights. I'm 18 and 260 pounds and I exercise on an elliptical for 30 minutes every day. Could anyone help an user out?
[spoiler] Sorry, i'm new btw ;_;[/spoiler]

what weights do you have in the house? also how why do you already have a home gym if you're so big?

>Today I have only eaten 200 of my 1500 calories
so you will be hungry tomorrow and overeat again?
Also wasn't your tdee like 2500? so 1500 is not enough in the first place...

My dad gets a lot of weights and gym equipment for free because he works for a fitness company. I dont really know the specifics but he has a shit ton of barbells ranging from like 10 pounds to like 50 pounds or something like that.

My best advice would be to not go from 0 to 100. Start out light, don't do a lot of weights and don't lift with your ego my child. Test the waters first.

Great but harder! And I'm flabby. And I still get setbacks!
I struggle to keep each pound off. When I started I could lose much easier.

But I'm used to dieting now, staying motivated is easier and exercise actually feels good so it's all good in the end!

Baby steps, baby goals, lots of 'just for today' reasoning to keep myself going.

Gotcha, if you've like never lifted weights before get on it quick. Just watch videos on how to do the big 4 lifts (Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, Overhead Press) and practice with some of those barbells you have. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn by just sitting around. No matter what you do, get on top of lifting and eating more protein.

I yesterday only cheated because I went out with friends, I didn't do it out of hunger, also, I will eat more later, it is just that I have been eating low calorie shit and haven't have lunch...

About the part of my TDEE, why do you say it is not enough in the first place?

not that guy, but cutting at 1k cals is fine depending if you're pretty fat. If you're already lean and just want to get abs, cutting at 1k cals is probably a bad idea though

Why are you tracking other peoples TDEE? Bit creepy. It's fine to have a lower calorie day after going over the day before. Where is your post with your own meal and numbers?

a normal cut is -500, an agressive cut -25% with 2500 that would be -625. You cut 40%, which will lead to you being hungry a lot and more tempted to cheat.

Start putting hot sauce on your chicken thighs. The body doesn't like it, so it wants to get it out of your system as fast as possible, thus speeding your metabolism.

Anyone know a public place in America with a public access scale? I've been weighing on one at home, and it tells me 240 every time, even after dieting for 3 weeks. Then I go weigh myself at school on the scale they have next to their gym, and it tells me 204.

I'm 5'11, so this is a pretty huge difference.

Reposting since last thread died.

Sup bros. I've only had a 100 calorie granola bar, a 100 calorie Greek yogurt about 1-2 cups of fruit salad today. Gonna have some leftover grilled chicken and a baked sweet potato soon for dinner. Maybe some salad too.

Also went for a 2 mile walk earlier today. Good day overall for me.

If you're in the south(florida to virginia, and a few other states), the only place I'm aware of is Publix. It's a grocery store.

nice man, keep it up.

Thanks my dude.

This thread is great btw. Should definitely keep it going. Not sure if it's a normal Veeky Forums thing. I'm usually on different boards and decided to stumble over here after having changed my diet over the past week or so.

I eat a shit ton of sririacha already

You're gonna be way under TDEE nice job!

I don't think it is a normal Veeky Forums thing but like we haven't gotten a lot of trolling so I think its okay. DESU a lot of the stuff we discuss here you'll find in any other thread its just for a different demographic

maybe this should be cutting general? really that's what it is i guess

That's more like a sweet sauce, I'll pour that shit on some ice cream lol. Get some actual hot sauce bruh

I'm hoping to join the military. (Army) I'm 225 and 5'10. They told me that I need to drop to 199 and they could work with that.

Tips for loosing 25 lbs in a month? Also II really really want to go into the army but right now I'm not even close to being able to meet the minimum on their PT test. Tips?

Here's a tip, don't go into the army and actually produce something of value in society. No taxpayer should be charged extra because you're a lazy fuck who wants an easy govt military job.

You can be both fit and have a successful career without being a leech on society.

my local market (publix) in florida has a scale, i haven't paid much attention to other locations. I've lived in houston and ny, don't recall any other place doing anything similar. Or just go to the nearest gym and autistically tell them you wanna weigh yourself and leave.

If you aren't close on the PT, you won't make it in 30 days especially with a hard weight cut too. Minimum 3 months with that amount of weight to lose and training needed. I'm not trying to discourage you from striving but be realistic.
guardyourhealth.com/health-topics/fitness/apft-in-90-days-infographic/

ah i didnt see your comment before I replied, but I agree with him

Which one do you use?

I can exercise pretty much all day all the time if need be. But probably not because I'm sure it's unhealthy for that much.

Tbh, I just walked/ran (more walk than run but still fair amounts of run) about 2 miles. I rested for about an hour and then attempted to do military style push ups (completely flat) I got about maybe 3 good ones in and then dragged on to about 5.

Am I doing it all wrong? Im pretty sure I am, so any help with getting on the right track?

i lost 1,5 kg from one day to another, is that normal?

I'm in Mississippi, and we don't have a Publix nearby. Maybe a Pharmacy would have one?

howtopasstheapft.com/the-us-army-physical-fitness-table.html

down to overweight from obese as of today.
dinner tonight is a large black coffee with a shot of espresso

Hi everyone. Where do you guys get good low-calorie recipes from? Any recommended cookbooks or food blogs or something? Or better yet, post your favorite recipe.

seriously desu, don't be shy, just go to a LA fitenss or whatever gym nearby and just say I just wanna check my weight real quick on the scale, i'll be out of your hair in just a sec.

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
someone posted this for me, and I'm doing the same for you friend. I followed the foods and recommendations and I've already lost 35 pounds in 4 months, follow it.
Also, if you have no idea what you're doing in the kitchen, buy prepared food like rotisserie chicken or breast cutlets and use a george forman grill, buy the steam in bag veggies and simplify/follow the calories, you'll manage like that. Once you get that under control, then move on to "low calorie recipes". That's my advice, I went from 255 to 220 as of today.

I have been posting in the other threads, I weight around 110 kg, and am about 170 cm tall, I have a 2500 TDEE, so I'm only eating exactly or below 1500 calories a day, and it has been wonderful so far! I love how my body feels after exercise, and I have not been tempted to quit or cheat not even once...

The thing he was talking about was because yesterday I went out to eat with some friends, and ate the same as everyone else: Six BBQ chicken wings

Yesterday I overate like 160 calories (After calculating what I burned exercising) so today I will compensate that by burning more, thank you for the positive feedback and being interested enough to read all of this!

Ah here is the fatty thread.

Been at the gym for 2 months now and eating good, what do you guys think? I'm 271lbs still but lost 10cm around my waist and gained muscle mass by a few cm everywhere else.

Water weight, weigh yourself after a morning piss for accuracy.

really by sticking on your 1500 cal diet you'll still lose weight. You don't need to have guilt.

gotta shed that fat famalam for the muscles to show, you got alot of work to do but keep at it and keep us posted.

this website triggers me:
> Organic standards help lower risk of contaminated feed and organic chicken usually has higher nutrient quality. However, remember that organic by itself does not guarantee a natural lifestyle for the chickens.

You don't calculate the exercise or subtract it, it's accounted for in your TDEE. That's like subtracting it twice.

>I didn't cheat
>I overate by 160
Choose only 1

water weight in your body can weight a lot. even more if you are a woman. Really this is why you don't weigh yourself daily, because water weight can make it seem like you gained weight day to day.

You really see a proper change a on a weekly basis or less

Honestly there isn't a lot, my doctors reckon my healthy weight is around 221 because of my body type

Congrats, user, keep up the good work! How much have you lost so far? How much to go still?

I didn't say I didn't cheat, I said I had not been tempted to do it, please read my post again... Also, I will even that out today, so I think it shouldn't be so big of a problem

You're lying or you're a fucking giant.

can we get a before pic too?

So since this is the personal blog thread, here's my story.
>Used to drink a shit load of mt dew a day, eat whatever I want, etc.
>End up at 355 lbs at 6'6".
>Around Christmas time, decide I'm going to switch to diet dew to see about losing a few pounds.
>Feels like its going alright for a time, until I weigh myself and see 355~ still staring back at me.
>Realize the diet dew isn't helping because it just makes me hungry for something else. >Decide fuck it, I'm getting off sugar period unless its the incidental stuff in a sauce.
>Buy a water bottle, have to drink out of it because oral fixation
>Start losing weight, but not really at the rate I'd like
>Start counting calories
>HOLY FUCK is that shit stacked against you. Like, a godamn value meal at just about any fast food joint run 1500 calories with a soda and refill
>Well, fuck you too fast food. Start eating a 100 calorie granola bar for breakfast, and limit myself to 500 calories for lunch.
>kind of a pain to start with because I'm having to form new ordering habits, but get the hang of it.
>Down to 335 after ~5 weeks, which feels ok.

Any word of wisdom?

I haven't been tempted to cheat but I cheated.
Subtracting exercise

Nope.jpg

Good going on the loss so far!
50 pounds is still a lot so don't let up. You look like medium frame, what's your height?

Na no point in lying, my chest size is 50 inch naturally like if you felt my body you would be able to easily tell where the fat is (around the waist) and where I have no fat (around my ribcage, arms, legs etc.).

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures beforehand but I've been doing measurements at the gym with my mate who works there and at the beginning of feb I lost 10cm around my waist and gained around 2cm of muscle everywhere else, I'm going to do another measurement on the 27th so I should be able to tell then if I am making more progress.

Keep going. Learn to cook your own meals if you don't already.

this is the natural progression, I was just like that, now I have ditched ALL sugars, cook all my own food and I'm almost closing in on my "appropriate" BMI. Changing little things one at a time seems to be working for you like it did for me, just stay conscious and you'll get there. good luck.

108kg in November
94kg kg now

So close to breaking the 90kg barrier, then it should be smooth sailing on to 85kg.

I've got a problem /fatgen/.
Pic related is my waist. Currently Im trying to work out my arms and get better looking arms but that requires eating alot.
Pls help

Thank you and yeah it is, I looked at some pictures of some people before to do with that since I doubted my doctors words to do with what my healthy weight should be since it seemed so little but 50 pounds definitely makes a big difference.

Yeah because of my frame people think I already do gym even though I didn't beforehand, will be interesting to see how big I will look.

Just got done kickboxing intensely for an hour and feel tired as fuck. I currently weigh 86.7 kg (191 lbs) and I'm 1.71. how much do you guys think I should lose? I reckon I have to lose around 30 lbs before I look decent. I've already got some muscle underneath my layer of fat

You don't need to eat a lot and grow your arms right now. Do a cut and shrink your butt first. Lose your fat, THEN bulk.

184cm, 97kg. Used to be 130kg.

Lifting 4 times a week, 30-45 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. Today I did 45 minutes on elliptical. Shit was cash. The machine told me I burned over 900 calories but who the fuck trusts those estimates?

Diet consists of chicken, oatmeal, quark, fruits, veggies, berries and whey. Sometimes I drink sips. And my go-to "need to snack something while shitposting or watching films" food is ricecakes.

I'm going to be under 90kg in two months, guaranteed.

sounds good, have any pictures?

You need to lose about 44 lbs

Sriacha has a good bit of sugar in it boss.

A reminder that general board rules apply,
including #1 (READ THE STICKY) before you ask questions.
Yes this is a beginner thread, so first lesson is learn to research for yourself. THEN ask, of course.
Not to be unwelcoming at all, quite the contrary, but repeated questions already covered in the sticky waste everyone's time.

I do but I've been repeatedly told to stop posting them here because I'm so fucking disgusting that I should just neck myself.

Here's a funny image instead.

I like Cholula for everyday stuff. I also keep some specialty stuff in the cabinet for other occasions.

Cholula

Yes. Gym if possible.
You'll look and feel 200% better plus great noob gains due to being a fatass.

Fats have better lifts starting out and generally till their noob gains are gone. If you're still cutting by then you're going to stall. This is normal.

Went from 135kg to around 80kg at 193cm. Been doing PPL for 6 months now. The lowest I've eaten was around 850 kcal a day because I was fucking tired of being fat, but normally I eat around 1200-1500 which is still really low. I didn't care about losing muscle because there was none except in my legs. Gonna stop losing weight when I dont hate my body which is pretty close maybe around 5-10 kg, got lucky in loose skin department so only got a little on my lower belly. We're all gonna make it.

I think so too. Just got back from the the gym, haven't posted since my pic.
I'm afraid of cutting bros. I feel like less of a man as my strength decreases, of course it comes back eventually. How much should I even be cutting? Idk...

down 30 pounds from november, at 216 6'1
i want to be around 170. thank you for the kind words user

Hey guys, its me again,

I cut the tea out and i have water only now,

Ty for the advice and support

If I am looking to lose fat, and reshape my overall body. Will cardio and lifting help with that or should I stick to one rather than the other?

Skipping dinner so I can cheat and have a few beers. I just gotta get out of the house.

Do both but prioritize lifting.

>250 5,9 fat here

Dedicated to loosing this weight

Am i gonna get pic related or worse?

Good job mate. I was never a sodafag but I used to drink a lot of tea. Cutting drinks out other than water is, in my opinion, the easiest change you could make for your diet.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Don't worry about that till you get to a healthy weight, yeah? Fix things you can control first and stop worrying about the uncontrollable.

Careful drinking on an empty stomach m8

I gotta agree bud, im also cutting fried food out as well, going baked,

Is MIO flavoring ok to put in water or is that bad?

i'm your height and have cut from 190-200 to 150 twice in my life. THe second time, at 30, left me with some loose skin. It's only noticeable when I do pushups so it's not really a big deal.

Your right, ill come back to the question once i face it. Thank you (:

motivation

youtu.be/r79GdNvxJ7A

I've never used it so I'm not sure. Check what type of sweetener it uses. I'm not a fan of flavored water personally

You're gonna wanna check out some La Croix, if you're having trouble giving up the sodajew.

Thank you for the tip, but im confident i can give it up cold turkey ive done it before and when i do have soda its few and far between them

Its the tea i love

Well fuck. doesnt even look like the same person anymore guess I have a chance at turning around my neckbeard

My TDEE is about 2,500 calories. I've had 700 today, would it be okay to eat another 100-400 calories?

Hey Jew, where's your fucking gold star? *smack*

plg would have a field day about his shitty form.

I'm going to take that as a "Yes" haha.

Does anybody know how many calories are in a cup if coffee? I use 3/4 coffe 1/4 milk and sweetener
I ask because I do nightshift, so I take one in the morning and one at night and I have no idea if its affecting my diet so much. I don't drink anything else aside from water most of the time