Bench press is a fucking meme lift

Entirely dependent on whether or not you're on steroids

If you can bench 315 natty congrats that's the pinnacle

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

agreed, the bar is to heavy to bench alone tbqh

t. Benches dumbbells only

There are some problems with the bench as a test of strength, like you can just arch more to bench more instead of actually getting stronger.

>arch more to bench more

Hahahaha what

ur jus not on my level pleb

Have you considered rock collecting Mr. GDE?

Completely natty. I bench 445 for sets of three.
You're probably just weak.

Wow, nobody's gonna bitch about this? OP just accepts that he is weak?
Good.

my dad works at nintendo

You don't need sterons to bench over 140kg

It IS however a lift dependent on highly specific genetic factors and most of all form. The funny thing is that it is also the powerlift that most disadvantages those with actual athletic builds

Who has the webm?

You're one of those guys that thinks that everybody bigger/stronger than them HAS to be cheating aren't you?

ITT: weak skellys who think they're natty strong

You're fat as fuck no doubt

I can stand to cut. I am cutting now actually. Got a bit of fat on me still but cutting is pretty easy for me. I don't ever go lower than 18% though. Currently around 23%

You're real fucking fat mate

I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley but don't ex[ect callbacks for that underwear gig.

you fucking niggers just want more and more
just maintaining your form is not enough is it
most people couldn't even bench an empty bar yet you want more
maintain your current fucking form and be happy with it
benching is perfectly fine

Haha I know. I don't really go for aesthetics. I just like being big.
I cut pretty easily though. One of my gym bros told me I should cut down for real like he does, down to like 12%. Idk I just don't care about all of that.
I'm too autistic for that shit anyway.

>he doesn't know how fat powerlifters bench

You're a big guy

Fer u

I'm in the same boat. Not as strong as you but seriously if people don't lift for pure strength they are beta males.

Close-grip barbell bench press is god tier for a supplementary tricep exercise

fuck you op

looking mad strong mate

I disagree man. I'm the guy in the pic btw. Lifting for something outside of pure strength doesn't make you a beta male. Just like how I don't lift purely for aesthetics. I have a certain body type I strive for; and no mate it's not being an underwear model. Lolol
I've had abs and cut before when I was a marine, I don't really care for any of that anymore.
We all have our different purposes and goals, you don't have to look like what anyone else wants you to man. Just do you. That's my digs.

Brah, why not both?

Thanks bub. That's the kinda aesthetic I'm going for.

This.

I've lost count of how many people I've talked to who can't even bench any more, because they snapped their shit lifting too much weight with shit form.

I'm just happy I can bench at all.

I'm guessing you have a barrel chest and 6 inch forearms.

I posted a pic of my arms.
And yeah I'm barrel chested af.

Funny too, that picture was at the beginning of leg day. I didn't even have a pump. I wanted to take a pic today after arms and delts when I have a pump for you bros, but I kinda forgot. I was massively focused on the routine.

You can definitely lift for whatever drives you. Don't let the figits here undermine your efforts just because you don't fit their idea of fit.

Yes and they look short. Makes benching a fuckload easier. If you had ape arms you would need to hop on gear to even max 445.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm exactly 6' tall, and my arms are a normal length for a man of my size. I guess if my arms were out of proportion like you're suggesting, I would have worse problems than benching is more difficult lol

Nice dubs btw

23% on each side you mean?

A big chest is aesthetically pleasing to look at but yeah it for sure does no good in sports and in mma its almost pointless to have a big chest or bench press a lot of weight because it means fucking nothing.

I guess technically yes? If this was your attempt to being witty, it didn't make much sense. Post pics of yourself and your lifts mate. It's cool.

Personally speaking I haven't fought since I was in my early 20s. I just lift to be big now.

How can I get stronger on the bench? Ive been stuck at 135 for 3 weeks now what am I doing wrong

How did you get to 445?

BEAR
E
A
R

MODE

miring hard.

bench twice a week alternating volume days (4x8 low weight) and strength days (5x3 high weight)

Try overloading with a slingshot or a block.
Make sure your form is good and your shoulders are firmly planted, maybe warm it up with some lighter rows.
I will add a whole nother plate to my max and hold the weight for about 30 seconds or as long as I can to get my body used to the heavier weight.

Also, don't ignore dumbells or accessory lifts. It takes a lot muscle groups to bench well.

>A big chest is aesthetically pleasing to look at but yeah it for sure does no good in sports
>being able to push powerfully does no good in sports
What is Football and Rugby?

I just posted some good tips mate.

Haha thanks man. That's the entire goal, bear mode lol. I'm hairy af too. My fiancé, who was a lesbian before me lel, absolutely loves the way I look. She appreciates the strength too. Women love big men. Lol

>volume
>4x8
Weak af. Try 4x12-15
All I'm sayin is that 8 reps is not high volume, thanks

I only bench once a week myself, but I benched more when I lifted on a split.
I do about 12 sets of pyramiding bench. 15 reps a piece. 15x135 15x225 15x315 15x225 15x135 15x225 15x315 ect. 12 sets all together. Of course by the time I get back to 315 I'm pretty sore. So it varies.
Adjust the weight and reps to what you can do and you'll gain.

>Women love big men
Yes they do. I use to be a skelly but then put a little weight on me. Veeky Forums would call me fat but I've gotten nothing but compliments from women I know who say I look better.

Everyone who thinks that benches with a flat back and does half reps complaining that people who arch decrease their ROM

>benching heavy without an arch
enjoy snap city

A lot of it depends on you man. If you feel good about yourself, you carry yourself better. More confident really.
Also everyone carries fat differently, mostly lol.

>tfw bench 315
>tfw i will prove you wrong

Yeah a big part of it is fat isn't really visible when you're wearing clothes. Like if you take your shirt off you can see some pudge on your stomach but I never get complaints about it.

A decent back arch with your shoulders and ass touching the bench is PART of good form. I've never realized just how many people don't understand this...

It feels better too. Even before I lifted I always had an arch in my back when I would carry something heavy. Your body signals you big time that's how to do it but people ignore it to be lazy or macho. So stupid.

A slight arch to help anchor your body and retract your shoulder blades is not the same thing as entirely standing up while hyperextending your spine as you press the weight up.

nobody who actually benches seriously does that

Yeah, I've seen idiots in the gym lift their ass up off the bench like it's part of the form. Usually youngins and shit.
Thankfully I lift at a gym now where most everyone is as big as I am.

100% wrong

great argument. really made me think

I mean, you're just wrong and ignorant to the truth. That's the whole argument. It happens even in the IPF and is passed as a good lift, even with asses way off the bench. You'll see it constantly in powerlifting. It's part of the reason why a lot of people discredit powerlifting: the prevelancy of arches and depressed ROM.

Your argument itself was essentially just NUH UH, so I mean, what did you expect in return?

Everyone who seriously benches uses a slight arch in the back. It's literally part of the form. It firmly plants your shoulder blades and gives you a better pressing platform. This isn't difficult lol.

I wouldn't ever count a lift if their ass comes off the bench. That's just me though, it pretty dangerous.

How much do you weigh

You already e statted so I'm expecting more of that but if I had to guess I would say 290

Or more than a slight arch, depending on mobility and where they're strongest.

You generally won't get the lift approved in the IPF.

In some lolfeds, there aren't even rules against it though.

nah you have to have your ass on the bench for it to count.

Actually about 250, give or take on how much water I've had that week. I try to drink AT LEAST half a gallon a day, but sometimes work doesn't allow for it. :/

>290
If he was like 6'8 maybe lmao. He's like 250 tops. 220 if he's a manlet.

I'm exactly 6' so you're right on the money lol

This tends to be a case where people are using the same words to describe two different things.

PL rules require at least part of your arse to be in contact with the bench the whole time. People tend to misread this and think that you have to be flat with your whole arse on the bench (which almost never happens, especially if the lifter is particularly mobile and/or competes in a fed that allows heels-up benching) and that isn't quite what the rules say.

Exactly. That's what they say, but Trappy's posted countless Webm's of lifts that got the greenlight despite ass off bench. When I brought that up, his/her (fuck off) response was 'the judges might have a better view but it happens.' The 'judges have a better view' part was just to try to save face for the inconsistency.

This is why I don't compete either. I practice good safe form and I don't want to be pressured into some sorta nonsense lifting forms.
I just like to be big and intimidating.
Best BJ I ever got was after I frightened off this Manlet at my fiancées class reunion. Turned her on immediately lol

>goku phone case

i approve

I had to lol. I saw it at the mall when I was with my gym bro. Seemed appropriate. Lol

>bench 225
>ohp 125lbs
>squat 315
>only people that bench more are either lanklets or obvious roiders

front squatting 225 got me a few guys looking one day kek

unless you're on roids then just enjoy lifting and don't obsess over macros and progression, just eat healthy, eat lots, sleep lots and push yourself

lifting is something you enjoy, stop comparing yourself to people on the internet who do it for a job and realize how shit everyone around you is, you'll be surprised

>tfw wrists too small for this mode

i weigh 180lbs~ and my current bench max is 300 lol

completely natty

Can't stand this cunt

>Entirely dependent on whether or not you're on steroids
>If you can bench 315 natty congrats that's the pinnacle

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

I don't bench because I don't want the bar falling on my head and crushing me. I never understood why they don't have safety bars so you can bench without constantly thinking about dying. Even with a spot, if the bar slips you are fucked because reaction time is slow.

Fuck bench press. Only exercise where I do machines.

thank you! finally some sense appears on Veeky Forums

do it in the power rack brah, just but a bench inside and youre good to go with the safety pins of the rack

I can bench 316 natty fampai.

>use up a bench AND a squat rack

feel bad doing this

I can't because the holes are far apart and from the only two option holes I can use one is too low, the other is too high.

much better to be alive than dead because you didn't want to annoy someone.

>benching 315 natty at relatively low body fat
Cool, I've reached the natty limit.

Idk I bench 95kg and I did a "roll of shame" the other day and it didn't hurt

Maybe when you get up to 3 pl8 but until then

what if the bar slips from your hands and crushes on your teeth? How will you do roll of shame then? Sure don't use suicide grip, doesn't matter what grip you use on a bad day anything can happen with 100kg on top of your head.

I'm having trouble getting past 120kg but I've only been lifting 1 year and 2 months and my leg drive is still fairly poor. I find it highly implausible that 315lb is the limit

Unless you have a decent arch or a big upper body I don't think your face will be lower than the safety bars when you bench.

Not sure, but I can't visualise any situation in which my grip suddenly comes undone (on both hands) right after the unrack (because at the height of the bench it'll land on my chest, which is still shite because I'll break a rib, but I won't die)

Also, some tips that helped me get to 120kg:

>Take a rest week off every now and then- it's a big help for bench
>Do more volume
>Learn proper leg drive
>Do heavier face pulls and reverse flyes
>Do heavier OHP and arnold press
>Do more narrow grip or other tricep work and learn to position your arms properly to maximise tricep engagement
>Learn proper bar path- particularly if you stall

These and more have all helped me progress quickly and I'm definitely not done. There're a couple of really good videos on youtube and one from a powerlifter who benches 300kg or something stupid- can't remember his name but he has a great series

LOOKING JUICY AND STRONG
MIRIN

still dropping anything over 100 kg over any body part is going to change your life, and not to the better.

This is why I am building my own gym in my new house in 4 months. Fuck commercial gyms and their shit safety.

I've been lifting for 4 years, dont lift for strength and I never bench.

I dumbbell benchpress 42kg each arm for 8 reps. I know that some of you say thats nothing and you bench 3 plate for reps but Ive only seen two or three big guys lift similair weights.