/mag/

/martial arts general/

Since /asp/ has been lost to man drama wrestlefags Veeky Forums is the new home for martial arts discussion.

Welcome:
>grapplefags
>strikefags
>mmafags
>katafags
>pipebombfags

Not welcome:
>street fighter
>dude just get a gun lmao

dude just get a gun lmao

Man judo is fun. Safe as you want it to be and a hell of a workout.

t. never been makikomi'd

>tfw strikecuck that took the pipebombpill

at last I truly see

It's the most fun you can have legally, but competition and even randori isn't all that safe. Don't think I've seen a single tournament where there wasn't a severe concussion or a separated shoulder.

What does roleplaying have to do with fitness?

I did say 'as you want it to be'

0/10

In a previous thread, there was a Swedish bro who answered my question about going from swimming to muay thai. The thread got archived before I replied, I just want to say thank you if you're out there.

How many frames is a normie's s.H?

Is muy Thai any good or just a mem

its good but i feel boxing is more practical outside comp

but it keeps gains

What does
>does my hair look bad
>does my chin look bad
>how do i approach grill

Got to do with Veeky Forums?

Best misc workouts/drills for martial arts in general?

Depends on martial art, sir. What are you doing?

Depends where you train

Aikido, but honestly looking for anything that'll help with either footwork, coordination or conditioning

So boxing and judo/wrestling

>started doing shotokan karate when I was 14 >after 3 years, head trainer's assistants told me that black belt was only time matter for me
>won 3 gold and 2 silver medals
>was very promising
>mom decided to move
>changes cities 3 times
>never started again
Now I'm 22 and just lift at gym. Anyone has similar experience? I think about going back(for the black belt desu) more and more but I don't even remember katas I won gold on. I checked out photos on the local club and those pictures of 12 year olds fucking scare me. They're higher grade and skill than me. What do?

Well, i mean for Aikido just keep doing Aikido. Learn your breakfalls and id say nothing else matters at all. Now if you want to understand the principles of Aikido in a more physical, dynamic and practical fashion go learn Judo as well. You may find pretty quickly in your Aikido thst when you can't seem to get some of it to work that your Judo will present itself as a more effiecient way of breaking their balance and throwing the opponent.

Currently doing muay thai but went to some judo lessons. In judo sparring you can go at it a little harder. But in the end it isn't safer and can fuck you up becaus e that's what it was meant to do

Does anyone know of any legit boxing gyms in Portland Oregon? Total newbie here.

Just got another stripe the other week in jits.
Feels good man. I can "see" more opportunities for submissions and sweeps. I always kept doubting my progress because our gym doesn't get a lot of newbies, so I'm continually training with guys that are growing with me. Makes for good rolls every class though.

doesn't chael sonnen live in portland? go find out where he trains.

Also guys, I'm a high school wrestlerfag (wrestled on the provincial level in competition, not trying to brag just trying to let you get an idea of skill set) but when i go to BJJ my double always ends with me getting guillotined or they just pull guard. How do I end up in side mount? I'm a total scrub at bjj

my fellow white belts are telling me its because I'm not doing a double correctly and it's a little frustrating since it was my most successful technique in wrestling. I tend to finish with the ear on the back.

Veeky Forums has only one martial art

I want to learn muay Thai as my first martial art. Tips?

Well placed, my friend.

be careful of where you go. If your cardio / muscular endurance isn't good when you start, you might legit get bullied by your coach

i got into may thai after coming off a brutal wrestling injury (abdominal tear) and the faggot coach still talked shit to me about being in bad shape