Getting into Navy SEAL shape

First off, I do not plan on actually trying to become a SEAL. However for the next 6 months I've decided I want to dedicate my training to getting as close as I possibly can to meeting their fitness standards:
>100 pushups in 2 minutes (currently at 35)
>100 situps in 2 minutes (currently at 65)
>20 pullups (currently at 1)

I was a cross country runner so I can already pass most if not all of their running requirements but as you can see, I'm weak af and really need to improve my strength (I have an 85% bw bench).

My plan so far:
>Every night before bed do 3×15 pushups. Add 3 pushups every week.
>3x a week do "PT Pyramids," where you start at 2 pushups and 5 situps at level one and go up by 2 and 5 every level until failure, at which point you go back down.
>Grease the groove for pullups
>Rest on the weekends
Any advice or changes you guys would make? Should I add lifting? What did you military guys who could hit those numbers above do?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCcdQ9X5JQ
navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2013/10/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Bump

Don't bump so much. If you have access to a gym you should definitely add lifting. To improve both strenght and endurance the ideal would be to have 2 days/week for strength and 1/2 for endurance (since you are more lacking in strength). Do ABxabxx or ABxcxx (A: 3x5 bench press + triceps and shoulders; B: 3x5 pullups (lat pulldowns if you can't do 3x5 pullups) + biceps and accessories; a, b, c are endurance days, a is push ups, b is pulldowns or pullups, c is both, sets of 15 reps until failure) if you don't have access to a gym you can use dips for strength instead of bench and reverse bodyweight rows for endurance training instead of pullups

I'm in a similar boat, I'm wanting to join the Royal Marines, naval infantry in the U.K. I've seen a term used that I don't remember the name of, but essentially it promoted training the movements you need to do in order to pass. So if you need to reach a certain amount of press ups, train press ups. Don't train bench as the movement isn't 100% extrapolated into a press-up.

I've actually been referencing a SEAL training guide, think it's official that promoted a six set in each movement you needed to train. For example, 6 sets of press ups, pull ups and sit ups.

The beginner level is:

6 sets of 10-15 pressups
6 sets of 1-6 pull ups
6 sets of 10-15 sit ups

Book was called naval special warfare physical training guide. My press-up count has doubled since I started, pull ups similarly and sit ups I struggle with but this has roughly doubled

I think I've heard of that. You've really gotten good results? What were your beginning numbers?

I've extremely close personal ties to a navy SEAL, and I can tell you for fact that he almost exclusively does cardio, pushups, situps, and pullups/chinups. I don't know what his schedule looks like, but you're hitting the same exercises with your set, so as long as you're seeing progress I think you're well on your way.

Gotta add swimming and treading water too.

And mental immunity to hypothermia-inducing conditions.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCcdQ9X5JQ

Mental fitness more than physical desu.

I've been training six days a week and using cardarine. I run 3 days on 1 day off doing couch to 5k. The cardarine kind of enables me to turn a 9 week program into a 4.5 week program.

i could only do about 20 press-ups in the beginning, one neutral grip pull up, about 40 poor form sit ups.

Now I can do just under 40 press ups, about 6 overhand pull ups, 40 good form press ups. Been training for roughly 3 weeks. Need to cut my 5k time by about 7 minutes and I should be good for basic

"mental toughness" if you want to be accurate

Cool blog bro, how is seventh grade going?
No adult trains for special forces for the enjoyment of it i joined the infantry and two tours of the middle east was more than enough to get me fit for sf.
Finish high school first join the army and then talk about going higher because lots of good men have died there and it is an insult to the corps for a civilian to think they are fit enough for the job.

Part of being amongst the elite in the military is humility.

How much cardarine you taking?

the biggest thing no one tells you about that no one tells you about the bench press requirements for LEO work is that it's all done on a machine with assistance, so you're not really benching 1.2 x bodyweight or what ever the requirement is

10mg per 1ml suspension, liquid form

M8, I am extremely interested in trying cardarine

But aren't you worried about the whole cancer thing?

Is it really good for cardio? Been looking to get mine up

Also interested

I'm worried though, wouldn't all your cardio gains go after you stop taking it?

ANSWER ME

The cancer was found at about 300x the recommended dose, if you took that much aspirin or caffeine it would kill you. I don't think 10mg a day will have any detrimental effect. I was more worried about liver cell death but again it was at a huge dose

10mg a day. Safest dose. Would have done 20mg but cardarine is expensive

Where'd you get yours from?

Think I'm gonna order some as I start phase 1 training in the army in less than 2 months and need to up my cardio

Thinking about 15mg a day

You can't post sources on here but I got it from a uk seller. It's in suspension and it cost £40 for 50ml at 10mg per ml. They seem to be good to go, I feel a difference but I could be wrong

does it begin with r

You're all getting cancer

Military = otter mode. They don't care what your 1RMs are. They want guys that can run around and carry shit all day long.

>literally 0 swimming in your routine

Are you memeing me?

SEAL's rarely swim

Are those seriously the standards? Seems low as fuck desubh

I think their entire training is essentially a selection process

So they're pretty much minimum standards for selection

It was tested at over 300x-1000x the standard dose for 6 months straight. If the rats didn't die or get a disease from it it would be one of the safest drugs ever made. It actually has anti cancer effects too

Reading into it, because it's such an effective endurance drug, it was banned because it's so hard to test for

'no'

I'm not trying to become one, I just want to meet the fitness requirements.

I have no interest in swimming 2 hours a day.

Meant for

They literally give you a pre-BUDS workout plan.

navywarriorchallenge.com/file/2013/10/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

Remember sarms are for research only, that is why you should only buy them in liquid form.

I've seen the prebuds doing their shit. They PT all day every day. Some of the stuff they do includes running down a hill to the beach, getting "surf and sand" before doing pullups, running back up the hill, climbing a rope, dips forever, bear crawls back and forth across the field, etc. etc. etc. They do way too fucking much volume, and on purpose. A lot of people get injured, dropped, and rerated. As in kicked out of special forces candidacy and given a regular rate like the rest of us.

They're hard as nails. Rowdy guys, though.

SEAL stands for SEa Air and Land, some swim all the time, others might not. They still go through BUDS and have to master swimming and underwater combat.