Job thread

What do you do for a living? Pic unrelated

I'm a crossfit coach.

im captain america

I'm a Stater Bro at Stater Bros. Working in produce fucks with my rest days. I'm supposed to let my arms recover and yet I'm carrying awkward shaped 50-60 pound crates full of goddamn vegetables.

tl;dr: the "manual labor=gains" meme is a meme. Get a desk job.

Currently unemployed. Quit my shitty restaurant job after 16 months because I thought I had something better lined up at the bank, but it fell through. I'm like 90% sure I lost the bank job to this nigger woman because I only saw one other black person that worked there. The only job I had before that restaurant job was at an even shittier fast food restaurant. I've applied at so many places but nobody is willing to hire me, but I don't have the money or time to go learn a trade. Just because the money stopped doesn't mean the bills did. I'm currently living off my savings while looking for a not-food (and preferably not retail) job. Trying to sell art commissions online while I'm at it but no bites. Feelsbadman. Considering becoming an hero if I can't pick things up soon. I'd probably pussy out though, who am I kidding.

Dig holes, fix burst water pipes

>ut I don't have the money or time to go learn a trade.
Maybe it's different in Canada, but they're pushing "earn while you learn" along with grants and shit like that 'cause we've got a shortage.

Software engineer boyos

proud to be a boilermaker

Grad student/TA who's graduating in May and trying to find a job.

ayy another grad student here, still have a few years left. What's your program?

Professional Mariner

Final year med student

On one hand, I can list my profession on tinder for the possibility of easier lays; on the other, I don't want some female human to spring a baby trap

Chemist, currently working in an assay lab. Going to start working towards my masters this fall on the company's dime.

agricultural scienctist

lab work and farming

just started lifting tho

I'm a waiter part time, and study engineering full time. SHit's terrible; I'm a waiter at a really nice place, and I've worked there about 3 months, but with absolutely no hospo experience. Literally every other person who works here either has prior hospo experience of over a year, and the one guy who doesn't was trained for a few months in a really chilled out part of the year. I was actually apologized to because of the lack of training they gave me, since I joined at a really hectic time.

I want to fucking shoot myself. THe head chef/owner fkn hates me. I make really dumb mistakes that I'm slowly getting better at, but it's at the point where he just hates dealing with me. And the specific job they trained me for is literally interacting with him every several seconds for hours at a time. I'm also the one who can fulfill the least roles in the restaurant, so I'm usually the one with the least shifts, the first to ahve their shit cancelled and in general just the least helpful. I spend half my time setting tables, and polishing spoons and glass. I actually enjoy that part; makes me feel like I'm actually fucking worth what they pay me.

Literally the only solutions I can think of are either:
-Quit job, go to a shitty restaurant where I'm mistreated but have fewer expectations and less pay
-Get a job in the army or something related to Engineering so I have an excuse to leave without meeting the shame filled eyes of the coworkers who actually believed in me
Fuck I hate this so much. I once had a shift where absolutely nothing went wrong and it was glorious. No minor mistakes, just a perfect fucking run. The chef actually said goodbye to me when he left for the night. Now I feel like next shift I *will* fuck up in some way, and my coworkers will stop seeing me as the weird kinda annoying kid, and start seeing me as "that fucking dick we hate".
Fuck brehs. I'm only here for the money at this point.

College Sophomore, aiming for Med School here. How's it feel to almost be free?

Pilot, USAF

Mil life is GOAT for gains.

What country you in senpai, and how old? If you don't mind biting the bullet for a few months, a lot of fast food places (maccas in particular) are looking for older, non retarded people to do their management stuff (at least in my country). Usually here once you turn 18, if you aren't willing to work days you get fucking booted from fast food, but I've got friends in their early 20's get jobs because they said they wanted to become managers eventually.

Since they fire kids when they turn 18 (happened to me, kek) they're in a permanent shortage of non retarded people. If you're willing to deal with teens not showing up to shifts every few weeks (angry call, then call one of the other drones to work the shift) then you're golden.

IT

>used to be a soldier
>now work at a fast food joint
Where did I go wrong?

how'd you get to being a pilot just curious as someone who is also interested

Same as any other job fampai, he applied for it

Yeah that's pretty self explanatory, i'm interested in his experience in doing so and what it was like

Went to University, and did ROTC for USAF. Getting a pilot slot is competitive (not trying to humble brag), so I worked my ass off in ROTC and school, and ended up getting selected for the slot. I graduated, commissioned, and then a few months later went to pilot training.

I'm a product manager at a fortune 500

Woman's studies

thanks bud, as I understand it only the best of the best get in so it isn't my only military goal.
Most people I've talked to went from ROTC unfortunately for me I fucked off too much in high school to get into a great college without loans so i'm planning on enlisting i'm still undecided if I want to go into the Navy or Airforce

Ophthalmic Scribe

Speaking of jobs, have any of you kept track of your eyesight lately? I'm getting more and more young kids with vision in 500's

Same situation. I fucked off hard in high school, so I paid for my first year on student loans and ended up getting a scholarship to pay for the rest of my college through the Air Force. You will have to work your ass off, but it'll be worth it when you're pulling gs and rocking a flight suit.

Border Patrol. Southwestern USA

financial engineer

Delivery boy

The pay is so shit and the job is so risky, but I just love the feeling of biking around and going really fast. Saving up for a motorcycle soon

OK, Fry.

I just got the results back for my border patrol exam! Passed with an 87. I hear the God Emps is trying to make the job more lucrative and all I hear is good things from the guys at my college. Is it as good as they say senpai?

It's not for everyone. A lot of the job satisfaction depends on where you get stationed. I love it. Playing hide and seek with illegals (always on team seek), jacking dopeloads from smugglers,off roading, great salary.

>His goal is to be a better delivery boy

m8, get into school or learn a trade jesus christ.

Let's hear more about that salary please. And if you don't mind dropping some good info on me, is there anything you wish you would've known before you got to where you are now? I'd appreciate it.

After about 4 years, you'll make about 100k annually. I wish I knew more Spanish coming in to the job. The Patrol teaches you basic conversational Spanish, but I'm pretty far fom native level fluency. It helps a lot and opens the door if you want to get in to the investigation side of the house. Also, if you're not single coming in to the Patrol, make sure your wife/girlfriend is very supportive and on board. The patrol has ended a lot of marriages because the wife hates living near the border. If you are single, get ready for all the brown border pussy you can handle, just make sure the senorita isn't a smuggler or in a smuggling family.

I'm a NEET and collect frog pictures as a hobby of mine

You are the best, thanks!
Take care of yourself out there.

Good luck!

How was vance? I know end sucks ass there's nothing but retarded enoids there

I speak computer languages user

Facility manager. Walk, climb, lift heavy shit most days. Get to be manliest fucking dude in the building. Wear sexy ass black uniform shirts. Panties get soaked when I walk around with greasy forearms and a tool bag. I know because I monitor the building humidity levels. Decent pay and mad respect when you fix shit.

Jesus man, you're young and this sounds like your first job. They already expect you to fuck up, ya know, being the new, inexperienced guy. Start smoking pot out by the dumpster or something. Being an engineer is gonna be ten times as stressful as any restaurant gig.

Wow doing what I love day in and day out solving fun problems working from home when I feel like and contributing to advancement of civilization while getting paid a decent wage oh my job is so stressful lol.

What the fuck do you do? Design bridges on a shoestring budget?

First job was fast food from the age of 15-18. That was stressful as hell, but I could manage it. This is new territory for me, and I've been blamed for other people's fuckups in the past. Floor staff didn't put something through? Great, a table wants their food that was never ordered, so I'm going to get yelled at for "taking something to the wrong table".

But thanks for the words, user. I know they expect me to fuck up, but it's still a pain, since they're used to working with people who just don't fuck up.

Engineering is definitely going to be stressful, but I'll have a clear cut idea of what to do, and be working in a team. The thing I hate about this job is that I'm basically the intermediary between the floor staff (team one) and the kitchen (team two) who always have different ideas of how shit needs to be done. That also leads to me not really "bonding" with my coworkers. Half the time they only talk to me when I need something, or they're in my little area to get a drink or put something through the machine. Pretty much everybody bar maybe 2 others and me are part of this little family, and I'm just that retard they hired who is somehow shittier than the new hirelings (who all have previous hospo experience or are actually getting trained. Joy.)

Anyway, sorry for the ranting. I have a shift tonight. It's probably going to be busy. I expect to be yelled at again when I inevitably fuck up. I want out but nobody else will give me decent hours.

user he replied to here; most engineers in my country work from an office. Pretty stressful, but if you have your shit together, your team definitely will help. A lot of my family are engineers, btw.

>Engineer here, some might remember my posts during a stressful time?

I am looking at a pretty big job offer right now, and it would take me a month to move to this other company.I am afraid/nervous about accepting this offer but will do so...

>climb the ladder they said
>meanwhile, i spend hours on Veeky Forums every night before bed

I work in disease investigation for a county health department.

mcdonalds cashier. it's hard not to fuck up muh diet cos after being exposed to the sight and smell of the food all day mcdonalds tempts even further with a 50% employee discount after my shift.

I do go to school, just took a little break and just do this on the side to at least stay on my feet.

Liar. Quants don't lift.

>Investment banker

im a cashier/bagger at whole foods part time and during the summers, and i study math at university. shits alright, but everyday i lament the fact i'll have to pursue an augmented survival by having my labor be exploited, alienating me from my species-being at the point of production, while even now i am alienated at the point of consumption (just like everyone else in this god foresaken society)

i just want to live in a commune with some buddies and chicks and live our own wonderful carefree lives, producing and studying the arts, playing games and fucking like rabbits. unfortunately, i dont know if ill be able to find any fellow situationists, but im going to try.

Who /cop/ here?

go live on a commune you fucking hippie

Whatever it is man, you deserve it. Start believing that and believe in yourself

Are you Ratatouille?

i think i will after college

Sys admin. 70k

I'm 6'2" and 200lbs 15% body fat and everybody thinks I'm some kind of IT viking for not being a slob like all the other nerds I work with

SAS "programmer"

Why not right now? If you're truly suffering of course.

You actually wanna eat that crap after being around it all day? I was a delivery driver for Domino's years ago and I still can't eat there.

hey man idk how far you are into your program but really try and get an internship or Co-op locked down before you graduate. I didnt because i thought landing a job would be easy but boy was i wrong. Ive gotten so many rejection letters and it feels like no one even looks at my resume, even with a solid gpa.

I buy massive amounts of web domains I think people will want in the future, sit on them and then sell them. I'm basically a domain squatter.

My biggest sale was for $180,000 US last summer to a tech company. Though I mostly make roughly $100 on each sale after operating costs.

Currently I have 7,200 domains sitting right now.

>Mil life is GOAT for gains.
Just maybe that's true off in officer land but was Army Enlisted and it ate ass for gains. I miss it sometimes, but it will make you above average at fitness, doesn't matter if you start above or below that point.

Police officer

>i just want to live in a commune with some buddies and chicks and live our own wonderful carefree lives, producing and studying the arts, playing games and fucking like rabbits.
hit me right in the feels...I really want this too but i dont know how long i can be a fucking dirty hippy for.

Concreter for a civil construction company. Starting a WH&S diploma course soon and won't be breaking my back anymore.

I sit in a cube and contemplate suicide for 40 to 60 hours a week.

Guessing you're in your 30s?

I'm an adman. Bready comfy

>Start smoking pot out by the dumpster or something.

This is extremely accurate. If pot isn't your thing that doesn't actually matter but dude take a look at the people around you with all this wonderful "experience" in waiting tables. There are reasons why they are working a shit job. They are either young people like you or actual adults who still do shit like smoke weed in the parking lot.

The chef is latino, no? Just start talking to him in a really shitting spanish accept. Call him papi a lot. It worked for me when I worked in an italian deli years ago finishing school.

>24 years old
>HD mechanic
>Work in a underground mine
>12 hour shifts 6 days a week
>$71/hr plus 2x overtime after 40 hours a week
>alcoholic

Research assistant desu

Cheers man. I definitely deserve my pay for dealing with this. I'm improving a lot, and I know I deserve this job, but damn, it can get tought.

No. I'm too big to be a rat.Also not good enough at cooking.

Chef isn't Latino, but I was mistaken for the same ethnicity as him more than a few times (a few people with different backgrounds here; it's not uncommon to get asked where I'm from) Maybe I should start playing that to the hilt.

But what do you mean start smoking pot by the dumpster or something?

You're right though. Pretty much all my coworkers are uni students, or full time hospo. I'm only 19 though, and they're all at least a year or two older; and for some reason that rattles me. But what you say is ringing pretty fkn true at the moment. THe more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that half these guys are doing this for extra money either during uni or because their main job doesn't pay enough.

I run an extraction business for farmers who want to turn their plant product raw marijuana into waxes and oils so they can then sell them.

I'm a first year and I medicine is a fucking meme.
Not worth it homeboy

Cop

Neurologist

> Everybody's trying to be nice to the janitor, pitying him for being bottom of the barrell.

I work a security job and im sadly getting fat from it. Anyone want to give me some simple desk workouts?

Fork put downs
Add coffee & ECA stack as necessary

Dropped out of CompSci as I didn't like it all. Currently work teaching elementary school which is alright. Want to go back to uni for something else though, considering physical therapy (physio) or nutritionist but don't really know yet tbqh

> How to have a fulfilling career when all you want is to lift, chill and hang with qts?

Gonna finish my machinery engineering BSc in May then enlist, was working at a gas station all this time but now I'm between jobs

graduating in May and starting my first Software Developer gig a week after

I'm a part time intern developer right now

2comfy4me

Software engineer working on trading software. I make bank doing my hobby.

mirin

Lesson: don't quit your job while looking for another job.

Also, trades don't take too long to learn, depending on which trade it is. Most tech school degrees are 2 or 3 years.

I design conveyor systems and am looking to go back to school to become an real science man.

I've heard this is generally one of the more difficult major software fields to get into

what do you have to do (what languages, projects, etc)

I work on insurance software which is pretty straightforward

>Phd in math
>300k starting
>any job I want

To everyone in IT/CS, I'm finishing up community college right now and I love computers, so I was thinking about doing one of those in university. Problem is I don't really like math, and even the IT program requires shit like stats, discrete, and analytical geometry. Is it worth going into? The CS program requires you to specialize in either straight computer science, database, networking, or software engineering, and I wouldn't know which to pick.

Can someone who doesn't like math but has a passion for computers excel or at least succeed in a major like that?

Work in a Publix deli in a rich mostly white neighborhood. Asshole 70 year olds demanding tendies constantly. Lotta milfs though and a lot of them seem to crave the BBC. Mostly the asian ones though for some reason.

Full stack developer at a firm that specializes in e-commerce solutions for medium to big companies.

What do you mean by that?
At the end of the day, I'm very interested in medicine, surgery, hospitals, etc. And the money, obviously, but it's just a lot of schooling. It seems to be the best fit for me, but I really don't have any other ideas.

Emergency Room Registered Nurse

23 years-old at the moment. The hospital is a 5 min drive from my house. We specialize in dealing with psychiatric and inmates patients in the area . I got from doing CPR for 30mins straight (grill RN's be mirin that tricep pump) to handling a meathead running going bathshit and screaming+ jerking off in front of everyone.

Love my job. Just starting and am still orienting. Lots of way's to fuck-up and kill someone but the thrill keeps me happy.

.pic kinda related. I average 16000 steps in a 12hr shift. Dat cardio

methhead*

Meth is one hell of a drug m8tes

ER nurse on orientation reporting. Best job.

Mailman

Makes it harder to bulk