/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/ - powerlifting general

>Big Friday edition

powerliftinggeneral.com

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, sexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Reminder to not respond to any rafaello apologists, as they are probably him without a trip.

Do your bodybuilding!

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0 [Open] [Open]

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c [Open] [Open]

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c [Open] [Open]

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU [Open] [Open]

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg [Open] [Open]

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg [Open] [Open]

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo [Open] [Open]

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI [Open] [Open]

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA [Open] [Open]

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tVPlPM0d7eQ
livestream.com/britishpowerlifting/britishequipped2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R8 my food

Nonsense written on label. Probably cum.

3rd for slow and steady PLG is best PLG

Got a boring dl day today

What is plg doing today

Too bad it tastes like a garbage. Kvarg is where it is.

>8,3 grams of sugar per 100g
holy shit might aswell be eating candy you fat fuck

Predictions for Arnolds next week? I'll start with some
>Blaine totals 1300+
>Screamer puts up a good total but goes 5/9 and hits well below his PR:s
>Jen Thompson beats her bench record by 0,5 kg

why are you ding sheiko?

Question.

If I'm planning out 3 months of training, is it even worth it to try and use a block periodization structure, or should I just use a standard linear periodization model with a training cycle that short?
3 weeks of hypertrophy, 3 weeks of general strength, and 4 weeks of peaking seems like not very much time spent on each goal.

>Jen thompson beats her bench record by 5kg
>Heather Connor gets highest raw wilks in ipf history
>blaine squats 525+ if he doesnt get called on depth
>screamer breaks his WR

4x7 squats
3x8 overhead press
4x10 t-bar rows
3x6 barbell glute thrusts

It's helping me fix my squat form via the low rep sets

post facial aesthetics

Its a good program

I'm mirin

pls respond

Ok. Just asking since I've been shillled that you should have 350 wilks minimum before running advaned type of programming.

>>Jen thompson beats her bench record by 5kg
lol

Opener is 270kg this Sunday. I missed depth doing it in a commercial gym last weekend.

Her record is like what 317.5? She smoked that 325 in training and she's doing bench only this time. No full meet, she will hit a huge WR

Opener is 200kg.

I missed it on Monday. Straight up couldn't lock the right arm out.

BOMBO GEORGEO

That actually looked really good, no bombo georgeo. What are your goals for the meet

Even if she can she tends to just do the smallest increment. Just so she can break it again next year.

Opener is 300kg.

Will I lock it out? Will I drop it? I have no idea.

Fuck you, it's a garbage fucking program.

270/287.5/300
200/205/207.5
300/317.5/336.0

835kg is 500 wilks, so that'd be awesome.

That's cuz she is usually in a full meet where she has to compete against someone so those increments matter. In bench only with basically no competition, I see a Yolo attempt out of her

Good luck senpai. Good to see you're actually decent in equipment.
Based on the DL webm seems like you're being a bit dangerous with your opener but still, good luck.

Ehh, they're all a little dangerous considering I've failed them in training quite recently. There's a big reserve of actual strength in the DL.

2 reds

Please don't open so heavy on bench and dl, you're just setting yourself up for bombo.

She's usually winning with 20 kg or so, she's got no reason to care about 0,5 kg increments even in a full meet.

Yeah that's a straight up missed deadlift, never get a down command.

I HATE George and I don't care who knows it.
But I still wouldn't wish bombing on him.

Ok lol

Looked like RPE8.

>she's got no reason to care about 0,5 kg increments even in a full meet
They give her an effective 2.5kg advantage for only lifting 0.5kg more.

If you're going for a record, always go for 0.5kg more than the nearest 2.5kg multiple. e.g, the world record is 280kg. If you have a lift who can lift 300kg, load 300.5kg onto their bar.

Not him, but how long are those sessions usually?

> boring
> sheiko
> burnout incoming
Pick 3.

I got slanger bench. Singles or doubles, 5-10 total reps at 325. Then some volume. Barbell rows. Arms.

2-3 hours but if you cut down on rest time and not be on your phone a lot you could cut that time by a lot

>They give her an effective 2.5kg advantage for only lifting 0.5kg more.
Never thought about it like that. Smart

Do you think Mong could have taken Isley in a straight up fight?

It's only relevant to extremely good athletes at the national/international level so it's not something that many need to (or do) know about.

Good post.

Yes, 9 times out of 10 supermang wins

what time for livestream?

youre becoming a better lad joe

Naw that's a 3 hour+ workout if you don't train in your moms basement.

Made a really dank pizza last night lads.

>mom's basement
Are you meming

Dl on any prog is boring to me

How do I rapidly lose 15lbs of fat? Need suggestions, but I've been doing a little cardio every morning, subbing certain foods with healthier options, drinking a lot of water, but I'm sceptical I won't lose it fast enough. I'm a new lifter and border line overweight with decent muscle development, but I've been told to cut down. I just want to surplus load again.

It's a good program as long as you don't have anything else going on in your life or if you don't want any free time.
Also need to do isley tier eating.

At a public gym or even pl gym those sheiko routines are gonna take a long ass time. Like bring your lunchbox and take a nap before accessories long.

I was thinking the same thing. Mong would have went in there guns blazing and lit Isley the fuck up. Then probably passed out from exhaustion in the 10 seconds it took

Eat less, take stimulants.

youtu.be/tVPlPM0d7eQ

caloric deficit
And here is a tip to not feel bad, no sugar, no alcohol.

So this takes like 3 hours to do?

Good, I hate the pressure from the fags here who say you're wasting your time if over an hour.

Then it makes me think I really am wasting my time and to rush my time in between sets.

Pause deads
Pin presses
Some sort of row, probably pendlay

I have never trained in a gym. But I was considering joining the Uni gym when semester starts.

Please tell me why it would take longer in a public gym.
Your words are discouraging me.

You have to wait for equipment occasionally.

>tfw body gains and hair gains
>tfw facial aesthetics is already on point

You can't monopolize the equipment. with sheiko you're going to set up your first lift, then unload it, then go do your other lift and then come back to reload the first lift you already took down. Add in a few people that aren't sympathetic to your autistic back and forth powerlifting, or a training partner or two who need different weights and rack heights, and your workout just turned into an all day event.

At least Leonardo provided something. And both him and his alter ego weren't ugly as fuck.

I can't say I miss the little retard, but at least he was better than this Mong

Oops! Looks like you slipped up.

>this psychic captcha
it also gave me a picture of a barbell earlier

Fuck off, kid. Seriously.

In forty three hours from now at livestream.com/britishpowerlifting/britishequipped2017

Base stuff takes me 90-120 minutes, depends on how much I'm bullshitting with people. 150-180 after accessories.

I would not accept you as a son-in-law

What's your end-game?

I just like to drink coffee and lift bro

My end-game is to be the best powerbuilder in history

This looks so much easier than last year's

Guess you should start lifting weights then. Fuck off to a gym.

>opening with your bist binch

Why do you do this to yourself?

Holy shit that RARE

>Those bench attempt choices

ehhhhhhhh

When maxing out my bench gets stuck mid press. I finish the rep but it's slowed and struggled. What can I do to stop that? Just remaxed 295lbs today.

spoto press

Has anyone tried the TSA 9 week routine? How were the gains?

That's almost everyone's natural sticking point.
But working on tightness at the bottom (pause work and ), and learning to drive quickly off the chest while maintaining that tightness may help.

That's what my buddy says. I work pause reps but he keeps saying I don't "explode" . I don't know how to explode. Nohomo

Why the fuck do I always underperform so hard with heavier weights? Last week I did 97.5x3, 102,5x4 and 107,5x2 bench press and it went really smoothly and quite easy. Today was doing last week of c6w with 110kg bench and barely managed one rep. I thought with how easy last week went it should go much better.

>I don't know how to explode. Nohomo
Stronger lats. Band work. Spoto. Slanger. Get stronger.

Initiate the lift with your hips

pls can /plg/ again be the designated doggo thread?

I hate to make assumptions but he probably doesn't know what he's talking about and expects you to jerk and fidget all over the place right off the chest because you're "really recruiting more of your muscle bro". I might be wrong though.

Driving quickly off the chest doesn't have to mean sinking and heaving or having some spasm as you attempt to press. It should mean just trying to achieve a quick velocity right off the chest WHILE MAINTAINING the tightness you work on through that pause and spoto work. It really shouldn't look much different from a lift where you aren't thinking about speed, but it will be if you work on it.

I worded that last sentence atrociously.
It really shouldn't look much different from a lift where you aren't thinking about speed, but it will be a faster, more "explosive" lift if you work on it.

post doggos then faggot

I think "meeting" the bar with your chest and then flaring fast when you leave the chest is the best way to eliminate the weakness(form-wise).

Germanbrah I think you're banned but thank you very much for what you've done

Why would he be banned?

>low bar squat today
>left shoulder start hurting as hell
>endure through finishing squat sets but pain is there messing up with focus
>do rest of workout with a literally deactivated arm (to move the arm i had to pull it from the thumb).

how is that possible? what did i do wrong?

You fell for the low bar meme, just do high bar and ignore powerlifting bullies.

>Left shoulder starts hurting
>Works through pain
WHAT DID I DO WRONG GUIZ???? XD

the question is why's it hurting due to the squat, not why am i being a dumbass and keep going.

Mobilitylet detected

Low bar is rough on your shoulders and if your mobility is lacking, it's even worse. You need to make sure your shoulders are properly warmed up and have enough mobility to be in the rack position with little to no issue

You are allowed to have your feet touch the bench foot?