Veeky Forums obliterated?

Veeky Forums obliterated?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/11/29/world/europe/emma-morano-worlds-oldest-person-turns-117.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is true, I do cardio every day and I am still dead inside.

its true exercise and vegan diets are a way for global gov leaders to shorten lifespans and destroy health of intelligent people conscious of their health, because healthism is popular among fascists

He's right.
But most people here only care about looking good right now and don't care about a long life or health in their later years.
Hell look at the retards in crossfit. All of those niggas are gonna be crippled.

>Heart disease is the #1 killer of men in America
>Cardio prevents heart disease

>somehow kills you

really makes me think

By doing cardio you lower your resting heart rate so even if this pseudo science is true it still favord excercise

Source? That guy in pic probably didn't say that. I hate when pictures of smug friendly looking people are used to promote agendas when they have nothing to do with it

mostly genetics, everything is mostly genetics

>fatties grasping at straws to justify their miserable sedentary lives
Gee what else is new

>Dont do exercise, its bad for you
>Oh now you got a heart disease? Must be something else, here buy my medicine to fix that

Basically

Doesn't cardio lower your resting heartbeat ? So while it obviously beats faster during exercise, you're heart is beating less in the long run as it's more efficient.

Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Where does "Lifting 'cause you're bored" fall into the category?

How about "Lifting because your army has a mandatory army sentence and if you're not tough then you will get fucked up and ass raped"?

Optimal strategy to live as long as possible:
>eat vegan most of the time, with the exception of fish and maybe some eggs occasionally
>don't work out
>don't go outside too much
>don't travel
>don't do anything exciting
>don't worry or exert yourself over anything
>don't take on any responsibility or struggle towards a goal
>eat as little as possible while staying above auschwitz tier
Congratulations, barring any random events like cancer, freak accidents etc. you will live a very long and very boring life.

desu i'd rather off myself than sit around having a dull life where i accomplish nothing for myself and everyone around me

>Anyone on Veeky Forums
>Doing cardio
kek

Need to eat chicken and some milk as well
Exercise or fairly strenuous but not overly so activity is needed.
You NEED to interact with nature and get fresh air and sunshine
Travel can help with stress, the very act of traveling itself can help releave stress and fire up the neurons
You need to have some exciting things in life to keep life worth living. A dull life is one that is not very long at all.
Yes, worry and stress will cause all sorts of horrible negative effects. We are the only animal that can worry itself to death after all.
Yeah, this is apparently true but only if your diet is on point and you live a very healthy fairly active and stress free lifte.
Having a relatively normal bodyweight alongside being on the verge of being chubby(not fat not obeses just well into fitness and into the beginning of a normal bodyfat range)protects you from a lot of bad things and helps produce a lot of much needed hormones.

heart gainz
>literally increasing the power of your heart
>decreases your heartrate so it's not always working overtime, saving you millions of heartbeats in your lifetime

obvious fake feelgood/validation meme though, but jfc there is no logic

It's fake, no actual doc would say that. Cardio of course is healthy.

But obviously you shoudnt do cardio as the average fit retard here does. Monitor your heart rate, keep it low and have long but low intensity cardio session.

You can have some HIIT once a week, that will benefit you. But it should be the absolute minority of your cardio workouts.

regular maintenance on your car to keep it in peak performance =/= flooring it down the highway for hours on end

>find random poorly written quote from yahoo answers
>image search for asian doctor
>superimpose the two together with a false bridging question
>LOVE this doctor

K except that people who have good cardiovascular health have few bpm on average.

T. No heartbeat living forever

underrated

He's right though.
The heart is in fact only good for so many beats.
After it's done it's over.
The heart doesn't just re build itself and gain extra beats by doing cardio. It only gets better at using the beats that it has left. And spending some of them up while doing exercise to counteract bad lifestyle choices instead of making good lifestyle choices where you don't need much if any exercise is short sighted thinking.
I know that the kind of life I've lead and am leading, much to my chagrine, and relatively large size means that I'm going to die by the time I'm 65. If that.
I've accepted it.

>my mom shared this on her facebook

>he is right
You are saying he is right because the very first step in is logical reasoning is right?

The only true thing in that statement is "the heart is only good for so many beats".
Every other conclusion is simply wrong.

Cardio is healthy, period.

>lifting because bored
In between aesthetics and strenght.

>lifting because army
In between strength and self-loathing

>lifting because you overcame your self-loathing
You made it.

I was talking purely from a health perspective: oxidative stress, chances of food contamination, exposure to high UV and background radiation, accident incidences etc. etc.

Point is that exercise will have major benefits both in terms of mental and physical health for the majority of people - but the doc in OPs pic is not completely wrong.

>tfw too intelligent to sleep

>Spend 1% of life excercising with heightened heartrate
>Spend rest of life with a lower resting heartrate due to the excercise
>Die of other reasons anyway because literally nobody dies of a "worn heart"
>Watch the people who didnt excercise die from obesity, stroke, diabetuus long before their heart even had a chance to finish

>implying Veeky Forums does cardio
>constanza.jpg

I never see any muscular men 60+ so I guess he's right.

Well they are pretty smart, I mean if you look at their history and scientific contributions that's proof enough. Now looks, well let's just say they aren't the best looking

I don't care about living long.

I'm killing myself when my test drops anyway.

>1 hour of accellerated heartrate
>23 hours of significantly reduced heartrate

It's like my fellow millennials can't even make it past the first line of thought.

You know its true that your pacemaker regions don't replicate during your life and have a roughly set amount of beats BUT by exercising you lower your resting heart rate meaning it cancels out the usage AND it reduces things like atherosclerosis which will prematurely kill you.

Did you read my post?
I actually state that cardio is fucking healthy.
But two 30 minute low impact cardio sessions a week is the bare minimum for increasing heart health and maintaining fitness and weight.

If you live a normally active healthy life then a single session once a week is more then enough.

I did the math here:

Without excercise:

70bpm*60min*24hrs*7days=

705,600 beats/week

With excercise:

130bpm*60min*6hrs+50bpm*60min*162hrs=

532,800 beats/week

Moderate/vigorous cardio 6 hours a week can save you 172,800 beats per week, or reduce your beats by around 24.5%. But people that do cardio don't live 24.5% longer, because this post is bullshit and no doctor ever said that.

The asthma I no longer have since I started jogging would disagree.

I was going to die at 60 but now im on track to dying at 74, so ive added basically bang on that amount.

this honestly

>not doing cardio in order to reduce your resting heart rate dramatically, ultimately also reducing your average heart rate throughout your everyday life and giving a longer life expectancy

Right, because the fatties that never exercised lived long and prosperous lives until they were 90? They died old, fat and miserable after never looking after their own bodies. There exists no acknowledged study what so fucking ever that concludes physical exercise and good dieting is bad for you.

However, I'm not really mad. These are the same people that look at you with mad eyes at the gym because they get filled with jealousy. Every diet they have tried has failed them and self-discipline really is non-existent in these peoples worlds. Then they go home and let their cognitive dissonance lull them to sleep while their shove their fucking fat face full of ice-cream.

HIIT is the best way to maintain general fitness, especially with resistance cardio.

Yes totally, because everyone ever dies because of the heart literally getting worn out.

Hiit is for people who're already in fairly good shape and the relatively young.
Even then, most people aren't doing it right.
Having an enthusiastic sex session is just as good as HIIT and will raise a mans test and lowers his stress levels, and orgasms as well as semen acts as a mood elevator, anti depressant, and helps a woman destress.

So find a close partner you trust and have some of that good raw mindblowing sex.

y-yeah... find a g-gf... haha yeah

>pic of asian man in lab coat
>"t. doctor"

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a sauce on this "quote"?

It's not about the amount of years in your life. It's about the amount of life in your years.

That really activated my almonds.

moot?

I'll beat you to death with a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius if you say preachy shit like that again.

Maybe he's right, but for the 30 minutes your heart rate is 180+(and 50 outside of that) vs the 24 hours your heart rate is 90+, in the long run, you'll have more heart beats by sitting around doing nothing.

>le heart only has so many beats meme

The risk of heart failure of a sedentary person compared to a person who does regular cardio is orders of magnitude. Fuck this stupid chink "doctor", he probably thinks that sniffing powdered ivory gives you a boner

>tfw bpm is 70 even though I cardio all the time and can run a 32 minute 5 mile

Damn you father

Yeah even if you go up to 200bpm for say a 20 minute run but due to the cardio have a resting heart rate of 50, and say the heart rate stays elevated for 10 minutes after a run, my daily beats are 77k, while a regular ass person with a resting heart rate of 80 has 115k.

Mathematically his argument still fails with the assumption that what he's saying about a limited number of heartbeats is true.

50 is about as low as it gets. 70 isn't bad, you're doing better than people who don't exercise.

70 is ok, especially if you haven't been sitting around for a few minutes before taking it

> tfw can unironically consciously lower my heart rate 10-20 bpm.

if u paypal me $1000 ill tell u how to extend ur life

The human heart beats 30-40 BPM when cut out of the human body (until it dies). That is the absolute minimum heart rate.

Conveniently those sentences are broken apart and cleverly worded.

Not sure if genius troll or Jewish troll.

I said lower my heart rate 10-20 bpm

Not lower it to 10-20 bpm.

capped

Chink is just trying to make us weak.

nytimes.com/2016/11/29/world/europe/emma-morano-worlds-oldest-person-turns-117.html
Raw eggs and remaining forever alone is the key

> she'll never feel the same.
> he's dead and never coming back.
> she may heal, but she'll never be the same.

>excercise

Maybe I need to start doing more cardio

I'm getting real tired of you fucking faggots, but got nowhere else to go.

Cardio sucks. Lifting doesn't suck.

fpbp award

It's not actually pseudo science. There's lots of indications you have a set amount of heart beats. Experiments with rats found this to be true. Ylure right about the cardio thing though

Is the picture implying he speaks in broken english because he's asian, or is the person who wrote it just retarded?