Doesn't smoke weed

>doesn't smoke weed
>thinks weed should be legalized

Pick one

I don't, but think it should be legalized.

I think all drugs should be legalized... If a grown ass man wants to do an 8ball, he's gonna get it and do it.

Might as well let him and get the tax benefit.

Give me one good reason why it isn't up to my discretion as a grown adult on this planet to smoke weed without consequence. Im waiting.

are you fucking insane..

100% agree but we need to get rid of all forms of public health care before we legalize other drugs then weed

No?

If people wanna do drugs, they're gonna do drugs. Legalizing Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin and MDMA would kill off the cartel thus making Mexico less of shithole.

everyone hates on drugs because of the nixon war on drugs, before that you could but meth in a drugstore, of course meth is a lot stronger now because of illegal traficking cause it takes less space and is easier to smuggle

You seriously think that having Heroin for sale in stores wont lead to a massive wave of heroin addicts?

>Ad hominem at best

I wish Zyzz were still here.

You sound like you're less than 25 years old.

Would it? Possibly.

However, drugs are a choice. If someone chooses to be a heroin addict, I should at least get some money out of it to fix my road or shit.

Also, you can use the money to educate people on it (I'm a staunch republican btw)

you just hit 25 yesterday that you are using this magical line?

Lol not this guy but he has a point.

You seem young as shit... Legalization of drugs would probably fix a lot of issues... That way, when I go to Vegas, if I wanna take some molly, i'd know it came from a safe place and the medics can treat you if something goes wrong.

I dont think there would be a massive spike in heroin use but i think there would a minor increase in usage. People arent retarded (for the most part) but the legalization of such drug would stop the people from not using it because they are worried about legal consequences. Not that user by the way.

It can be restriced. Legal does not mean free-for all, just that you don't go to prison for doing it.

For example, some drugs are in some places actually classified as 'dangerous substances', meaning you can't sell them or bring them in or out of a country - that's illegal. You're also not allowed to possess them, but it's not illegal to do so; when the police catches you with it they can confiscate it and inform you of the dangers but have to let you go.

There's other options, like not getting free healthcare or having to pay more for health insurance if you use. Or having the register of those who purchase be avaliable to everyone, including employers. Or forbid possession over a certain limit, or make some kind of rehab mandatory for long-time users, and so on. There's a million potential ways to hinder and restrict use without sending users to crime-college (i.e. prison) on my tax dollar.

What do you base this on? Do you honestly think most people don't do heroin because it's illegal?

dont smoke weed anymore
used to, but grew out of it
if someone wants to smoke weed, let them

legalize all drugs
destroys profits for gangs and drug cartels
this indirectly reduces crime and violence
tax drugs, utilize tax to subsidize substance abuse programs and help for those that are addicted
make the minimum age limit at least 21

Maybe in the low income areas this may be true. But on the flip side it would be safe, clean, regulated and taxed. I hear heroin used to be completely legal in up until the 60s, then they banned it, then it was produced and distributed by criminals, it contained all sorts of horrible nasties in it, then it created a heroin addiction epidemic.

gotta admit i have a bias though
i want to be able to purchase adderall easily without having to resort to illegal means

'Cause you'll just make the wrong choice in life.

Cool. Now instead of drunk drivers we'll have high drivers killing people or people ODing left and right because they don't know their tolerance or having someone freak out at the grocery store because they had a bad trip or countless other scenarios.

Unless you're talking about gamfaqs or misc, you're an internet poser. Zyzz posted here all of three times
## noonga

I'm a medic and I don't wanna basic drug addicts like I don't wanna baby sit drunks who can't handle themselves. Grow up, if you're gonna do drugs, alcohol included, don't overdue it like it's your first time you stupid fuck. Act like an adult and know your limit.

That already exists. But rather than it being taxed and controlled all the money is going to cartels.

Babysit drug addicts***
Also, at least 2 times a day i get called on a possible OD.
>show up
>take vitals
>throw on stretcher
>hit with narcan
>hear a call come over the radio about a real emergency
>get pissed I had to miss it
>person becomes responsive and thinks we're cops so tries to get out
>restrain and transport
>waste my time and have to watch he doesn't try to injure or kill me
>see shit bag again a week later same routine
I hate my job sometimes.

Most times people overdose it's from not knowing the potency of unregulated product not from ignorance of their own tolerance. Remember these people's hobby is getting loaded they have a much more intimate knowledge of their body's tolerance than most non users do and it comes from practice. Also you would still have public decency/DUI laws so there isn't going to be an increase in these types of infractions considering that hardcore drug use will always be a fringe of the imbibing community. In fact studies done in places where all drugs have been decriminalized show that overall consumption has gone down and that new users have gone way down.

It happens at a lower percentage. When it's legal people will become even more rash when it comes to going out in public. Before it was legal in Colorado where I live people smoked it at home. Now you can smell it at stores, people smoke it while driving, outside bars and clubs. Before it was legal people kept it hidden. Now they don't care, even though it's illegal to smoke it public or whole driving they think "it's legal it's all good" because they're degenerates.

Yeah but you would get less calls if there was a safe predictable supply of heroin (that seems to be the addict you were referring to) because the ods aren't on purpose they're mostly accidental because potency isn't predictable on a black market. The only real issue I see coming from this is that addicts still can't hold jobs (usually) so theft and other scams won't go away and (may) increase in the short term due to a spike in users using due to its legality. Overall though the trend of hard drug use will decline as young people will see it's negative side effects more viscerally in a freer society. Look at cigarettes. Taxing and visceral experience has made them unpopular in America moreso than a ban could've hoped to do.

I think its illegality is the main reason that keeps people from trying heroin, yes.

>safe predictable supply of heroin

There's no such thing as safe heroin mate. Have you ever had heroin?

>Overall though the trend of hard drug use will decline as young people will see it's negative side effects more viscerally in a freer society.

The whole thing with hard drugs is that trying them one too many times puts you on a road to addiction that's very hard to turn around. I can promise you that very few people can do cocaine a few times and then think "Oh i've noticed the negative side effects so I'm going to stop doing this".

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The war on drugs is a war on human behavior legalize them all.

If you honestly believe that all drugs shouldn't be legal, I really hope you believe and advocate making alcohol illegal as well.

Safe and predictable means that there are no fillers and that a given dosage is predictable in potency. Most people don't wanna commit suicide by heroin (for those that do more power to them) so they will choose to dose themselves enough to get high but not enough to kill themselves. It's not often discussed because it's counterproductive to the drug enforcement agenda but it's actually quite easy to live a long life as an opiate addict as long as your product is clean and predictable. My other point wasn't that people do the drug and then see it's negative effects but rather learn by witnessing others fuck their lives over with the drugs. A phenomenon that is less likely to occur when all the drug addicts are closeted due to it being illegal.

how fucking retarded are you?

are you saying that if heroin was legal you'd hop on board and start shooting up heroin?

i know i fucking wouldn't,

They could sell heroin at the gas station for $1 and I will wouldn't try it

Good for you mate. I have done heroin and my life is better for the fact that it wasn't easily available to me.

I do not. The harmful effects of alcohol are laughable compared to drugs like cocaine, meth, or heroin. An alcoholic isn't very likely to stab a man just to get money for another beer, a meth junkie on the other hand is.

>An alcoholic isn't likely to stab a man for beer
Alcoholics don't buy beer they buy plastic bottle handles of vodka and they will definitely mug you to get more. Where the fuck have you been?

>I think its illegality is the main reason that keeps people from trying heroin, yes.

Yes. As well as cigarettes. Anything that doesn't have a direct and positive impact on someone's health should be banned or have a 100%tax added. And don't give me the "doctors prescribe pills how about that hahaha" that's fine, just like marijuana, some opiates and other types of drugs. They have a positive impact but should only be prescribed by a doctor and the penalty for a wrongful prescription made purposefully should be license revoking.

Alcohol is illegal to minors yet most minors will admit to consuming it.

>Implying I should trust a doctor
Seriously kids go get busy on that homework.

Its a lot easier for a minor to acquire alcohol than it is for a random person to acquire heroin though.

Former heavy pot head here. I think it should be legalized but i also think stoners can be quite ignorant about the affects of weed. My main group of friends all smoked weed everyday and after year of smoking we have all quit. We pretty much all developed anxiety and upon quitting suffered weeklong withdrawls. I think our main issue was we smoked all day every day and out nervous systems became conditioned to being stoned. In moderation i see no issue.

>vaccinations are dangerous
>I read some stuff on Google the doctors don't know what they're talking about
>health care is a sham. I never get sick I don't need it
>the earth is flat
>I was abducted by aliens
This is you.

>The harmful effects of alcohol are laughable compared to drugs like cocaine, meth, or heroin
you're fucking retarded

>He thinks healthcare system has an altruistic interest in the customers... I mean patients
Hahahaha grow up kid I'm not saying I believe in conspiracy but if you think the rest of the world is going to look out for you or take your best interest first and foremost then I gotta bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Real nice, gently used.

You're the biggest retard on this board and that's saying alot. Please kill yourself

you don't know shit about what you're talking about, the only drugs you've come close to are those on your parents meds cabinet

>used amphetamines for 5 years, started on weekends ended up having them every day, stopped when my health almost bottomed out
>have been an avid user of lsd, mdma, ketamine, shrooms, 2-cb and other phenethylamines, cocaine, ghb, acohol and others, reduced intake to couple times a year
>smoked marijuana for 5 years every day, stopped cold turkey when I felt my life and ambitions were taken away for good
>quit cigarettes 2 years ago

I can tell you a thousand more stories about this, friends, people I know as protagonists

hard drugs don't put you on a road to addiction, your life does, traumas, fears, depression, boredom, hate, eventually you realise drugs can't fix these things, so you're left out with a choice, and I can assure you a hell of a lot more people than you think choose to take their lives back

funny thing is, a lot of the times people actually need to hit rock bottom in order to appreciate their lives

Oh how sheltered you are........
Come to Atlanta.

You know heroin = opiate = painkillers, right????
I got opiates for a half inch cut I had to get stitched.
You are deluding your self.

Health care is a business, no shit. Weird how before all these medical advances people were living a long a fruitful life until 30 when they died of any number of illnesses. Now most people like until 80+. But I'm sure they'd prefer dying by chicken pox at 20.

>An alcoholic isn't very likely to stab a man just to get money for another beer
FBI crime statistics show that in instances of assault, rape and murder, where the accused was under the influence of a drug, the number one drug involved was ethanol.
You are mathematically incorrect.

Congratulations on being such an accomplished junkie. You must be very proud. Funny thing is I took speed literally last night and here I am being told I've never come close to drugs.

Are you those guys in the scene that are complete losers and use the drugs way too much because its the only way for you to cope with the fact that your life is entirely empty? Because its always those guy that can never stop talking about how alcohol is the worst drug of them all, to justify their own drug abuse.

History has proven over and over and over and over and over and over that people will find ways to get the substances they want. Might as well tax it because, trust me, people will get what they want anyway. Especially so if the substance grows out of the ground.

>talking about how alcohol is the worst drug of them all
Respond to this , genius.

You know a whole lot of people become addicted to opiates after been given a taste during hospitalization?

You mean the number one most used drug by far, is also the drug that comes forth most often in crime reports? What a surprise! If the same number of people that took alcohol, also used meth, meth be the clear winner.

Please don't try to sound smug about mathematics when you have such a poor grasp of statistics.

opis are great fuck off

Thanks for confirming that I'm literally arguing with drug abusers trying to justify their fucked up behavior. Its exactly people like you why drugs should stay illegal.

I agree. The main appeal from these drugs comes from the fact that it's illegal and is unaccepted. The young imbibe these substances as a form of rebellion not much else. If weed were legal within a few years popularity would decrease because it's no longer such a taboo substance. It should be regulated and taxed much like alcohol is. If people want it bad enough that they'll already risk a few years jail over it, why not at least profit off of it?

Who cares if I know any, it's not a fucking secret. there are shit loads of articles about how opiate prescription is directly facilitating addiction to opiates. And yes, I know 3 people from my graduating class who have died from opiate overdoses.
Also, you have a poor grasp of physiological responses to drugs. Additionally, meth (if you count ADD meds, which you fucking should because they are both amphetamine salts) is about as widely used as alcohol.
You sound like a Regan humping dumb fuck.

You misinterpreted my post, and I possibly yours before.

>Additionally, meth (if you count ADD meds, which you fucking should because they are both amphetamine salts) is about as widely used as alcohol.

Yeah this is just not true.

Fine, I'll hit you more reasons drugs should be legal.
Most illegal immigration would end over night if drugs were legal. Legal drugs = no gangs = no crime = economic prosperity = people not hopping the fence.
Honduras, Venezuela and Columbia are utterly paralyzed by gang crime. Mexico has a goddamn enormous gang problem as well. And the US drug policy is directly responsible for nearly all of it.
Oh, and the war in Afghanistan? Yea that was about locking down opium.
There is no sane reason to ban drugs.
I live in east Atlanta and I shit you not, it is less of a hassle to get weed or coke than milk.

I think all drugs should be legal. Hospitals will get first pick for things like morphine and antibiotics which will be rationed by the government for government health.

Wasting resources stopping idiots from killing themselves is useless. Let them ruin their bodies and minds, the rest of us will get along just fine.

wew the irony

Non-drinker or smoker here, imo it's up to people if they want to ruin their body with shit then let them. Selling it would bring in more revenue for the state anyways and junkies will always be around no matter how strict drug enforcement is.

t. person that never lived in a bad neighborhood

druggies will steal anything to get to buy their drugs.

And drugs being illegal prevents this, how????????
You are so goddamn stupid it actually hurts.

>moving the goalposts so far away you don't even have a point anymore

nice argument retard

>more people will use drugs because the social stigma is gone
>more people will get addicted to drugs

>social stigma prevents people from ingesting substances that release dopamine
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

purge the degenerates, let them fuck over their life, atleast their money won't go to mexicans

>????????

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure if you're underage or baiting but reminder that this is a 18+ site. Making non arguments and acting like this just prove you're a stoner that will do anything for your addiction without even trying to make a defense for your case.

You dumb ass, most people who use illegal drugs are utterly indistinguishable from non-users, despite what you see on A&E.
The "social stigma" ain't doin' shit.
The more you post, the more obvious it is you are hopelessly sheltered.

what social stigma retard, most of the people trying drugs for the first time are teens who only want to feel/look cool precisely because the thing they are doing is not accepted by society

have you actually tried and think long and hard about this question kids? It's a hard one, so you should really get that noggin jogging instead of spout memes

>illegal drugs are utterly indistinguishable from non-users
>hopelessly sheltered.

the irony. You should try visiting a rehabilitation clinic someday kid.

Well, actually, I happen to be straight edge. I'm just a libertarian, first and foremost. I also don't like when money goes to gang members.
There's a social stigma against Veeky Forums, and yet, here we are.
Go ahead and tell me what research supports the notion that social stigma keeps people from doing things (that they can do secretly in their homes) they feel like doing.

>baseless ad hominem
ok, now you're bating because you ran out of "ammo".
I won.
thanks for playing, retard.

>making gang members the recipients of drug money instead of legal vendors reduces crime

Why, specifically, can I not have both?
I'll wait.

I drive better when I am high. I realize any mistake will take my life and my paranoia makes me extra cautious and I keep a way better eye out for anything. Not to mention all my high times playing video games has really boasted my hand eye coordination while stoned so I react like a mother fucker.

Cool story. Wanna email me the rest of it cause I don't give a fuck.

awwwwwwwww. you poor poor thing. Your tiny /pol/ brain must have gotten so triggered. im so sorry, baby.

You say this like it is a bad thing. So a bunch of stupid ass people get hooked on a drug that is known for being lethal and die removing them from society. I am all for it.

Holy shit, people like this exist.

I've personally known four people who have died from heroin overdoses. My choosing not to do it has nothing to do with its legality. It could be legalized tomorrow and I still would never touch the shit.

This guy knows what's up.
Newer studies show that lack of community leads to addiction, not just the drug itself (look into the rat grotto experiment)
I have at times fallen into alcoholism and other drug abuse; in retrospect it was always at times where I was more alone or cut off.
Whenever I come closer to friends and family, I just stop using.

I'm actually really glad to see so many have clear views on legalisation and the war on drugs.

I'm for it being legalized for a couple reasons. First I don't do it, but believe the following to be true.

1. the states that have legalized it, have seen that doctors now prescribe much less opiates to patients.

2. Keeps money out of criminals & gangs hands and can be taxed & regulated - also people will get a better safer product. Money that is slipping through the economy can be used to help with education, treatment, etc...

The problem is that big pharma & big alcohol really really don't want this legalized.

Also any standard you would hold weed to alcohol would never pass. It is not even arguable that alcohol causes more problems and is more dangerous.

Weed isn't the problem. The problem is these high THC strains that are provide opiate-level sedation.

That's like arguing that you should ban alcohol because people drink isopropyl.

Let the retards do it then, I honestly don't even think that would be something negative in the long run.

If somebody wants to ruin their lives fucking let them, instead of making me pay for their stay in a prison system.