Landwhale here (big motherfucker, huge). Is it retarded to lift while I'm trying to lose weight...

Landwhale here (big motherfucker, huge). Is it retarded to lift while I'm trying to lose weight? I don't want to just lose weight, I want to become a monster bearmode alpha. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u0C2cAsIsUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

read the sticky

No, lifting and gaining muscle mass will increase your TDEE making it easier to lose weight.
As well as adding muscle-mass over time will help you in avoiding loose skin

it would be retarded to not lift weights while cutting

Holy shit dude fucking no. Lift like crazy, not only will you shed fat quicker you will avoid finishing your 2-3 year cut looking like a deflated balloon full of dicks.

Muscle helps with your metabolism! It will help significantly! My understanding is that strength training burns calories over an extended period of time and cardio kind of stuff burns calories as you're doing it. Balance between the two ought to be the best way to go.

Don't take my work for it though, read the sticky.

He's on roids m8. Even if it's just TRT doses.
No way does a man at his age have 700+ test lvls to maintain thone muscles. You are delusional.
He'll I'm 24 and I had to be put on trt. That being said yes you still have to cut hard especially Italy if you're fucking obese. It's one thing if you're a little chubby or skinny fat. But you can't pack on muscle without bulking. You prlly don't even eat 1.5 g of protein per pound of muscle do you. Just... fucking cut. You don't have to have absolutely but you can't be obese. Even if you lifted it would take a decade and a half with great test levels to get to his muscle density and it would still be lost in your fat physice.

>Is it retarded to lift while I'm trying to lose weight?

No that's what you should do

If you're a real big fat fuck. You NEED to do cardio and a lot of it. But most importantly and I think everyone will agree FIX YOUR DIET. Cardio and Lifting are redundant if you eat big macs and drink coke. I don't think lifting is bad or detrimental to you losing fat.

Don't listen to these fucks. Lifting while morbidly obese (which is what I assume you mean by "huge") is different from lifting overweight or borderline obese (BMI of 30.5 etc.)
>You have so much fat that aromatization is trough the roof. Test levels are consequently shit and gains will be shit. Plus starting to lift in that condition can spike estrogen and give you gyno if you don't already have it.
>Whatever gains you make you will lose during your cut - unless you lift trough the whole cut - but then it will be much more torturous and slower going.
>Your joints will be ultra fucked.
>There is no way you can lift with proper form with all the blubber.

Get down to sub-30% BF (preferably 20%) and then start lifting.

Been doing keto and only drinking water. Around 2000 cal a day. Need to get stricter with logging calories though, feels like I'm losing weight at snail's pace.

How tall are you? Weight? Currenty activity levels?

If you're really morbidly obese, add to this list:
>Heart attack and blood clots are not out of the question.

Good start. Keep it up. Water is you're best friend. I like keto and it dose work but I only do it when I want to get shredded. Just limit carbs and don't eat a shit load. I use to eat baked potatoes all the time when I lost weight

I've tried just counting calories but it seems like every time I'd eat the slightest bit of carbs (wheat bread) or something, I'd gain 5 pounds overnight and it'd take a week to lose that same 5 pounds again lol.

Being fat is the only time you can gain tons of muscle while losing weight.

But while gaining muscle will make it easier to lose weight because you'll burn SLIGHTLY more calories per week, you're still going to stay a fat piece of shit if you don't put down the fork.

>very time I'd eat the slightest bit of carbs (wheat bread) or something, I'd gain 5 pounds overnight
Glycogen + water retention.

Pro tip if you look like that at that age and aren't married you are 99.9% likely to be a flaming homosexual bear.

Just saying. This guy triggers my gaydar pretty damn hard. Definitely a log cabin republican.

Then that's you're body listen to it. Also I would do jump rope its awesome I lost over hundred pounds doing it. Pro tip if you get bored of water like I do drink Unsweet Tea

Damn 100 pounds jump roping? That's sick, how long would it do you it for?

>jumping rope
>as an obese person
jesus, Veeky Forums has literally become the blind leading the even blinder.

youtube.com/watch?v=u0C2cAsIsUs

Not obese anymore pal.

2 1/2 months