/fat/ Fatty General

Last Thread Who is /fat/ for?: Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2980360/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fatsos should be exterminated

by making them fit

bless

>spend all day with QT yesterday
>qt invites me over for the night
>cooked up some beef and potatoes yesterday around 6 before heading to her place, didn't have urges to eat anything the rest of the night
>hit 248.4 this morning

weekends are always a shit show with me. it's nice having a grill to hang out with and be active with. should be a good summer. i'm gonna make it. we're all gonna make it.

>lost 6lbs in two weeks
granted some of that will be the tumour that got cut out of me a few days ago
god I hope I can run soon

>tfw loose skin after losing 80lbs

Just kill my shit up senpai. If it hasnt tightened up in 2 years Im getting it sliced off.

Clean up Diet, Exercise, Profit

women don't care, if you do, find something more important to care about.

Money and a good job helps

i lost 100lbs last year. it was easy as shit.

im living the shit poor college student life and tried to go cheaper than ramen and mac n cheese for every meal. goal was to spend less money, not lose weight. ate mostly a soup made from cabbage, onions, frozen veg, beans and hot sauce every day. also bought 75 lbs of popcorn kernels (still havent ate all of them, bought more than a year ago). air popped no salt no butter popcorn is extremely low cal for its volume. chuck 1/4th cup of kernels in a brown paper bag and microwave for 2 minutes. itll fill the entire bag

My cut starts tomorrow, I will no longer be fat as fatass

you have to starve yourself to bellow 10%bf if you want to get rid of "loose skin"

Down 95lbs (over 2+ years)

I still eat too much, but slowly losing weight...

down 103lbs over 5 months

how much are you eating?

2500- 3000kcals most days

Probably use to 4500- 6000 day back when I was really heavy

I think I'm going too hard
but I feel fine, like I could carry this on forever

I've splurged a few times, 10 times to be exactly, where I've gone over my allowance of 1700, but the last time was christmas day.

if it ain't broken don't fix it I guess

I've hit rock bottom, I don't suppose I could be any more depressed.
Time to join these threads.
I weight 91 kilograms and I'm 179 centimeters tall

>tfw pancake Tuesday soon
IIFYM is an acceptable strategy, right? Every single healthy pancake recipe I've tried is dry garbage.

not worth the calories imo
you can have pancakes whenever you want, why have them on shrove tuesday

i weigh 92kg and am 170cm tall

don't give up, remember what you're aiming for

6'1" 265lbs start, at 262 after first week just watching what i'm eating. Doc wants me at 210 and reevaluate from there.

Software Engineer by trade, the late nights make it really hard not to just eat all the time.

you went to see a doctor about weight loss?

where you having any medical problems attributed to your weight?

Progress pic
232- 238

This pic was probably around 245 or so

332 rather

Fucking phone

You'll look amazing once you finish. Keep it up bruh.

Thx, gonna keep grinding it out to 225, if that isn't enough I may try for 210- 205ish

6'1.5" btw

298 6'6 feet here have a personal trainer not specifically trying to lose weight 5 months of lifting and squats still the same weight not sure if muscle or just fat. But I feel much better though found out I have sleep apnea so have a CPAP now dad has it as well so it's genetic he's only 160 6,2 so it can't be weight for him. Overall I'm glad I started working out. Keep at it bro's don't do it for the looks do it for the mental clarity and feeling good.

not looking like a sack of shit is a nice bonus though

my only loose skin seems to be on my bingo wings
but gutted, but it's penance

I see my doctor for several other unrelated issues, he brought up the weight issue (He doesn't fuck around, I really like my doctor).

I have psychiatric issues being sorted through, hypothyroidism, and an injury from the Army among other things going on.

I blame none of these for my weight gain but my self, for the record.

Oh ya I ain't denying that lol

12 days in and i've lost 10 pounds.
Is that good senpaitachi?

Probably water weight and good contents in your guy.

You won't keep that level of weight loss up

Favorite ab workouts? My belly fat is waning away but the whole area isnt getting any denser. Its like a waterbed ffs. I do planks and crunches 2x a week but thats it. Can I do an ab workout every other day or is that too much?

Also how much protein for cutting and lifting 3x a week? Is 1g/pound of bodyfat too much?

I didn't think i would

Fucking autocorrect

Food contents in gut

Keep at it though for sure

I feel a ton better for my weight loss... even if it is a grind.

Hell even my asthma has almost disappeared

You need to slowbulk

Have you read the sticky? Its a fun read. If youre not motivated enough for that, install MyFitnessPal and start entering in foods that you usually eat. Their database has every fuarking food on the planet somehow. Then you can track your calories. Eating less than you usually do (even without exercise or lifts) will get you slim fairly easily

If any of that is too much for you, then just start starving yourself ayy lmao the bitches love them some holocaust survivors ;))))))

I broke my keto ;-; I ate lunch which was roast beef and it was all I ate until 7:00. The family ordered in a pizza. I haven't ate it in a few months. I got tempted and ate 3 slices. Still ate under 1,500 calories but I feel like shit now and hungry.

I've read the sticky, I have myfitnesspal installed, I track my calories, I go the gym
The problem must be in my brain, but since I can't go lower I might as well climb up

keto is a meme anyways, try real food.

Full circle.

Any ex-fatties still feeling shame when buying candy? Like, going into a store and the only thing I bring to the register is a bar of chocolate or a pack of wafers, I can practically hear the cashier thinking
>lol, this guy deemed it worthwhile to get dressed, go out and walk here on a sunday evening just to get his sugar fix, how sad must his life be?

I can't buy my cheat sweets along with normal groceries, I can't have candy lying around the house and not eat it.
I thought the guilt would go away with the fat but nope.

B-b-ut I lost so much weight. And actually feel good.

>guilt will go away
Don't think that will

No because i cant justify getting out for just one tiny thing, seriously even if i want something the effort of getting out and all the way to the market just for one thing is silly.

>hey user thanks for inviting me for dinner
>are we gonna eat just 2kg of meat? where are the sides
>right i forgot
>return from kitchen with a family size jar of mayonnaise
>keto is not a meme
kek

It is like asking ex smoker, does he has the urge to smoke. Of course he does it is an addiction, but be proud that your willpower overcome it.

>tfw 800ckal deficit

I'm dying but I'm not taking all this fat to the grave with me

Gonna be 30kg thinner by midyear or I'm killing myself

Bearbro here.
Just finished back day and am bout to make some low carb salmon patties.
>tfw 500lb deadlifts for sets of 5
>tfw fiancé is horny and my back is stiff
>tfw gunna fuger anyway
Veeky Forums is the shit
Feelsgoodbreh.jpeg

I always read that extreme dieting can crash the basic metabolism. Is this true? How long does that state of lowered metabolism persist? How low can it go?

jesus fuck stop turning fit into your personal blog, you're fucking everywhere
I'm sick of reading about your fiance with accented e, post a pic of her to determine if she's even bragworthy or fuck off, thank you.

I'm 90% in fatty threads. I've post elsewhere twice since coming back.
U mad? Lol

>bro starts training with us
>started out as a toothpick
>now a man
>occasionally hear him on the phone with his girl. He almost acts like a puppy when talking to her
>is always excited to see her after training
>figure this girl must be hot shit
>finally catch a glance at her after several months
>six foot tall beast is dating a five and a half foot tub of lard

Am I missing something?

Also, I literally only post from my phone and it auto corrects it to the accented e. Idk how to do that on a desktop.

This is my fiancé.
I'd just say gf but we just got engaged a week or so a go and I'm excited.

Not him but so am I and I don't blog. Do occasionally kinda roll my eyes about blogposting, don't mean to but it just bragging that gets to most anons.

Most importantly, does anyone want the recipie for LC salmon patties? Kek

Then why does it work;-; I'm confused. Simple carbs are shit and I'm to cheap to spring for more veggies and to lazy to actually meal prep. Eggs, bacon and chicken everday with the occasional seafood ,pork, or beef

Also, my bad. I realize I can be kinda spergy. I dont have many friends outside of the gym. You bros are my friends sorta.

Neither do I man, but all y'all kinda fucked sometimes. DONT GET FIT FOR WOMEN. Just do it for you.

I did it for me. It's just a bonus my girl likes it too. :)

people are allowed to like each other for things other than physical appearance

>S&W Sigma
Shit taste desu fampai

Yea idk if I want to date anyone when or if I look better after getting fit. I'm bitter as it is but fake my enthusiasm and happiness to strangers or people I know.

That's a long way of saying ugly duckling syndrome. But you are likely right.

It's a proven fact that almost all men and some women find someone significantly more physically attractive the more they enjoy their personality. It's surprising how often a 6/10 turns into an 8/10 if she's cool and you have a lot in common.

a lot of people buy healthy food for a week for around 20-25$ so money isn't really an argument.
Keto works because fat is very satiating.
Meal prep literally takes 1-2 hours for a full week of meals, there is no way that it is faster for you to daily prepare your food.
Keto is linked to heart attacks and diabetes, if you actually need keto because you have cancer or epilepsy they force you to break keto every 3 months because keeping it up longer is dangerous.

Guys i just reweighed myself
I dont know if i really did lose 20 pounds or not but the scale or giving me different weights now.
I feel so crushed
I was so proud of myself

>Be nearly 300lb after graduating in 2012
>Get a job by the summer
>Fix my eating by winter
>Browse Veeky Forums
>The mix of the three helped get down to 225 by early-mid 2013 when I quit that job
>Stay around 230 from then until I went to college in Spring 2014
>Now about 240
My biggest problem is keeping my appetite in check. I do pretty well when I'm in college, some semesters I'll even lose some weight. But that all goes out the window when I go back home to my parents. Not sure if it's just the comfort or familiarity I have at home or just that I don't keep any food in my dorm save for some emergency ramen and beer.

I'm on adderall now (ADHD ever since I was a kid), which is at least for the time being really helping curb my appetite, and the mix of that and going full cardiobunny on the ellipticals at the university mini-gym has brought me down from 250, so thats good I guess.

I'm wanting to start liftan, but my cardio-buddy is pretty flaky. No big deal with the mini-gym, but I think I'd kinda need a reliable partner for lifting. Anybody have experience with that?

I just want to sleep... I have sleep apnea... I've been using cpap and take stimulants to keep me awake during the day, still feel like shit.

Friend of mine is a body builder and a doctor... today is the first day of the new meal plan he made for me...

Here goes nothing 5'7 90kg (that's like 200lb)

>trying to get big
>need to eat 4000 cal a day because of height and level of activity
>can barely manage to reach something close to that
>borderline suicidal having to consume this much
>all these fatties complaining that it's so hard to not constantly shovel garbage into their face

Fuck you guys, you don't know how good you have it

Not to be that guy but can I get a source on the link between cancer and diabetes

Oh the food we use to eat ain't healthy. You want calories? drink them. Milk. Protein shakes

I heard its the longer you associate with someone, the more they look attractive to ya. But that means you must have a great personality to stand being next to someone long enough.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2980360/

also keto is a treatment for cancer patients, it doesn't cause cancer.

Yeah, I drink a shitload of them, and it fucking sucks.

Well I guess you ll always be small

Not the fatbro but this just made me thing of the words use to and it's use as past tense vernacular. Hmm

Get fucked, porker, I'm doing what I have to while all of you dickfucks whine about not being able to gobble down as many cinnabuns as you want.

>planned maintenance day
>bought crackers, vodka and m&ms
>not drank alcohol or ate junk in over a month
>got drunk, ate some crackers, put most m&ms away
>stayed at 1.5k cal

IM DOIN IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>visible adonis
>fatass

Ok.

This made me sad too man.

Brehs how many lbs should i aim to cut every week

all of them

>>needing to come into a fattie thread to make your self feel good about being a skinnyfuck

l
u
l

Ok from what I read
Pros
Weight loss
More energy
Calorie deficit from not eating since feeling satisfied
Cons
Insulin sensitivity which MAY promote type 2 diabetes because eventually it gets immune to its signal reception to release.
Obese patients that are put on these diets are most vulnerable since they already fucked their insulin.
Shouldn't be long term

I'm a fatty. I gained so much weight due to depression and anxiety. I immigrated and everything went to shit. I'm 5'9 (manlet as fuck) and 207lbs. The worst part is that because of the rapid weight gain I have horrible stretch marks on my stomach and sides.

I'm starting a keto diet and will begin to exercise once I know my diet is fixed.

Will we all be OK?

you'll make it

Idk man. Losing weight won't make you happy that's for sure. I lost 28 pounds since January 1st. Im not any happier even though I'm more active. I'm 5'5 too lol

>More energy
>Calorie deficit from not eating since feeling satisfied

I can attest those 2 are false. You feel like you can't eat anymore, but that's only because what you CAN eat makes you sick to even look at. You're nowhere near "satisfied".

Should have stayed in your home country, leech.

>immigrated
From where to where?

ignore this miserable fuck, i've lost 17lbs since jan 29th and i'm 100x happier

Look into some dermatology treatments (some do improve it in some cases) and make sure you are very near your target weight but then go for it, anonymous, get it removed. No reason not to. You lost the weight, look as good as you can, why not?

Hit 236lbs in October 2016, 4 years ago I ran a half marathon, wtf happened, how could I let it get this bad. Made it to 206lb for 2017.

Since then I've risen to 210lbs. I think a lot of this is diet relapse and salt intake causing water weight.

The main problem was not having my micro freezer bursting with chicken breast. I've been eating clean again for 2 days and have ordered some meal prep dishes.
I eat mainly chicken breast and pork shoulder or loin. I'm going to start adding flank steak into this and have chicken half the time and rotate pork and beef.

I'm about half way there and can fit into smaller jeans and clothes.

>can fit into smaller clothes
Hey me too. Made me happy

Probably getting laid this week, won't have time for a workout so can this count as cardio?

I feel like my job is taking a big chunk of time out of my life to get fit. Need to find a job within a realistic commutable distance as im tired af after work to do cardio. I lift 3 times a week and eating at a 500kcal deficit. Im 179cm and currently 87.4kg as of this morning (started at 90kg end of jan).