Lentils

>a cup of these is over 50 grams of protein

Why aren't you eating them, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepaleodiet.com/beans-and-legumes-are-they-paleo/
preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11718588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15987863
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15228991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395434
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know how to eat them or what with. My family was unfit as fuck, I don't even know anything about nuts other than that Cadbury's Fruit and Nut is orgasmic.

thepaleodiet.com/beans-and-legumes-are-they-paleo/

I do, they're delicious

1 Cup, Boiled
Amount Per 1 cup (198 g)
Calories 230

Total Carbohydrate 40 g
Dietary fiber 16 g
Sugar 3.6 g
Protein 18 g

I always add them to my homemade turkey chili recipe.... or slow cooker sweet potato taco filling

Are you an actual fucking retard?

Should I even tell him?

I know OP is talking about dry but if you are talking about protein to how much you gotta eat or even protein to kcals they aren't that great.

in a pot filled with water, add:
lentils
onion, chopped
garlic clove, smashed
salt
peppercorns
bayleaf

it will taste good, i made black beans the same way and they are also very good tasting

if you want to mix it up, you can add a type of curry powder mix and/or some coconut milk

obviously, bring the pot of beans/lentils to a boil and then simmer it until it's all starchy and cooked

I love the lentils.
Try making an Indian dahl, just limit your roti or rice if you don't want to carb up.

It will make your ass pour gravy tho

It's amazing wtf are you talking about

I eat mujadara 3x a week. Lentils are the shit

OP made the case that the reason we should eat lentils is because of protein.

Cup of boiled lentils 230 kcal : 18g protein
Cup of diced chicken 231 kcal : 43g protein

I'm not saying they are bad (I am a vegetarian so I eat them often). I just don't get excited about how much protein they have.

Wtf man lentils (and beans in general) are awesome. Good macros, good micros and if you actually are an athlete the extra kcals are golden. My TDEE is around 3600-3700 kcals, eating ipocaloric foods would kill me

lentils make my ass shit
i hate IBS

>theretarddiet.com

I eat lentils with breakfast

Fish fillet
Whole egg mayo + garlic + pepper + parsley
Lentils

Most people find that weird but I love it

>mad homonym

Las lentejas con chorizo de mi abuela son 10/10

fish fillet and egg mayo, together, for breakfast?

bro..

see

lentils are the staple of my diet
peas are actually the cheapest source of protein and kcalories one can get. Nothing gets close.

>protein to kcals change when adding water

ok man

I don't know how you think that is what I implied.

Fine

>first point is that eating uncooked beans, particularly kidney beans, can be toxic

Therefore, don't eat cooked beans of any kind, the only way beans are ever eaten anyway?

>second point is beans don't have as much protein per calorie as lean chicken/turkey, and although it has more iron than meat it has less zinc than "seafood"
>by seafood I mean specifically oysters, famous for having a ton of zinc, not representative of any other food from the sea

Therefore, you should never eat beans!

>third point is about "anti-nutrients," most of which do nothing noteworthy, some of which are actually benefitial to your health, and the few that can cause harm or impair mineral absorption are either broken down by cooking or by enzymes produced by bacteria in the gut and haven't been shown to cause health problems in human populations, only case reports of people eating raw beans

You scared of beans yet?!

>forth point is that peanut oil based diets have led to atherosclerosis in rabbits and monkeys in some studies in the 60s-80s, back when industry standards for peanut oil were incredibly low and peanut oil was made from the peanuts that weren't fit for normal human consumption due to high aflatoxin (mold) contamination

If rabbits get atherosclerosis after drinking peanut oil, you shouldn't eat lentils!

Dumbass.

Anyone else sprouts em ?

Just requires putting them in a jar and rinsing twice a day. It's delicious, has more vitamins, the protein becomes complete and it gets rid of Phytates.

Then you don't even have to cook them, but if you do it's even more delicious. Fuck i love lentils.

550g of them is 50g proteins

>Therefore, don't eat cooked beans of any kind, the only way beans are ever eaten anyway?
toxins still remain after cooking at HARMFUL LEVELS

>Therefore, you should never eat beans!
average over TWENTY of seas' foods

>You scared of beans yet?!
theyre not completely broken down by cooking or bacterials, damage the gut, and have NO BENEFITS

>If rabbits get atherosclerosis after drinking peanut oil, you shouldn't eat lentils!
lectins damage arteries and lens culinaris agglutinin is basically the same but good job providing yet another reason to avoid them

>toxins still remain after cooking at HARMFUL LEVELS

Show me. What's the study where people eating beans died more frequently or had higher rates of any diet-related disease?

>average over TWENTY of seas' foods

Either oysters drove that average up hugely or the nutritionistpro.com website he got his data from is wrong.

>theyre not completely broken down by cooking or bacterials, damage the gut, and have NO BENEFITS

Show me the studies where beans are killing people. And yes, some do have benefits.

preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_

>lectins damage arteries and lens culinaris agglutinin is basically the same but good job providing yet another reason to avoid them

Fortunately cooking destroys both, while the massive amounts of fiber in beans lowers cholesterol and makes you less vulnerable to heart disease. That's why people who eat more beans have less heart attacks.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15987863
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15228991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395434

They're overwhelmingly carb based. Turn to sugar. Sugar fuck you up both as a slow acting poison (biochemically) and addictively (neurologically). The massive insulin release means inflammation. Translation: more fat storage and less fat burning and more cholesterol required to repair tears in blood vessels.

Stop eating carbs and start eating more fat and cholesterol with your protein. BOBW can be found in fatty meats and eggs. Vince Gironda knew what was up.

I eat them in Chicken broth sometimes

Red lentils are GOAT in stews.