/fat/ - Fatty General

How's that cut going, /fat/? Done your 1h exercise today?

Last Thread - Reminder to read the sticky.

Who is /fat/ for?: Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

Why is my bench 60kg and OHP 20?

What exercise does /fat/ do and how often? I ran an hour every two days but have twisted my ankle and need something new.

I'm a poorfag with only dumb bells so I do an hourly dumb bell workout three times a week

>ate 100 calorie food
>1200 calories left
Cant decide how to divide them between ice cream/milkshake/chocolate crepe D:

Why not all 3?

Feel somewhat related;
>always use boiled egg as a snack food when I'm desperate but at my calorie limit
>finally weigh what 2 eggs is
>230 kcals
kill me

B-but 2 eggs is 140 cals i thought

surprise but they come in different sizes, thats why you should buy a food scale and weigh them.

But in the US you buy them according to size, so they're all within a certain margin of weight and you shouldn't need to weigh them.

This, you cant weight fucking everything.

You just assume based on their size

Anyone can help with a good workout with 2.5kg kettlebells?

Currently i have
2x 25 deadlift
2x 20 squats with kettlebell
2x 20 raise arms with a 2.5kg kettlebell each
2x 20 russian swing with both kettlebells
2x 50 moving the kettlebell around me
2x 15 american swing
2x 20 pulling up both kettlbells with one hand

Is this enough? do i need to add more? This is for losing weight mostly

>not gonna make it
i actually bought a food scale for work so i can weigh food at my work.

are you asking why they're different, why they're low, or something else? how long have you been lifting? what sort of progression are you going for? are you hitting your macros? are you utilizing proper form for maximum gains?

so you're doing weighted aerobics?

i guess so

as far as aerobic workouts goes it looks all right. you're using different muscle groups and a wide range of motion. but with that sort of cardio you need to make sure to keep your heart rate up and sustain it for the duration of the exercise. as long as you're doing that you're golden. go up in kettlebell weight once it becomes easy.

also, make sure you don't use momentum to move the kettlebells. i've seen a lot of people do that when they run a low weight/high rep routine. start each rep from a dead stop.

>March came in lion
>ED also came in like a lion
Are there any techniques to curb appetite? I started drinking tea religiously and that has helped curb some of it. But I'm still having +3000 calorie days and when that happens there's only so much I can purge out.

Tea is good, as you've seen. Black coffee is also good (make cold brew, which has less acid and is a bit sweet naturally.)

IF can help get you on the right track as once you're able to restrict your eating to a 6 or 8 hour window it'll be more difficult to binge eat without feeling a lot of discomfort.

Ice water is good, too. I munch on the ice cubes while browsing or playing games. It keeps me occupied and full (to an extent.)

Pickles are excellent since they're calorie free (or virtually so.) Look into other zero-to-low calorie snacks.

If you feel the urge to eat try delaying feeding for thirty minutes. That's all. After the time's up reevaluate. If you have to eat, grab a small portion and force yourself to not get more for thirty minutes. If you're successful in maintaining that little bit of self-control you'll soon be able to curb your desires on a larger scale.

Figure out what you're doing when you decide to binge. Are you sitting around watching TV? Playing vidya? Make sure you aren't eating out of boredom.

Ex-fatty here; finally looking normal.
Aiming for sixpack til summer

>hairless
sissy

I grow hair like a monkey
Just shaved yesterday
Proof ?

Didnt shave legs

Yeah lol, show us that gay leg, lets ignore your sissy hairless face.

Go suck a dick homo girlie, real men have facial hair

use real measurements. not this eurofag shit.

I lost 12 pounds over this past month.

>winning
Alternative reality i see ;^)

pathetic

wrong board shareblue

From reading these threads, I've concluded that you guys have a really fucked up idea of what healthy looks like and want to lose weight way too quickly. There's no reason an adult male (yes, even one that is losing weight) should eat less than 2000 calories. You guys are setting yourselves up for failure by eating so little and restricting carbs. You're gonna end up in a binge-refeed recycle and stress the fuck out of your body.

Also it seems you guys only do cardio? Don't believe the lies that you should lose weight before doing weightlifting exercise. Do that as you lose weight. Even if you don't build the full mass you could if you were bulking, you'll build some. Barbell lifts are the best exercise and sure beats doing 40+ minutes of cardio.

I wonder who will get destroyed next for treason ;^)

i agree with the first part, i say it all the time but a lot of people just want to lose weight as quickly as possible, then they come here and say i ate 8000 calories today help.

About the second part, i think lifting is a meme, the issue i have with lifting is the risk of injury is just too high. It is so important to do everything with correct form and if you have ever been to a gym half the people do i wrong.
Most sports will also lead to general fitness and an aesthetic body, you won't build muscle as fast but thats totally fine.

Hey I got a question; 234 here, used to be 250 at the start of January. if I just eat 1000 calories max a day and take vitamin C and multivitamins, is it a healthy way to lose?

My stats:
>6'3"
>(now)234.9 pounds
>Bench: 185 for 3x5
>Squat: 215 for 3x5 (I know I've been slacking)
>Deadlift: 275 for 2x10
>OHP: 120 for 3x10

>You're gonna end up in a binge-refeed recycle and stress the fuck out of your body.
Speak for yourself user, I'm doing IF with a 1000kcal deficit and have zero desire to binge eat. I lift weights and do cardio

Mind over matter. Should be done my cut april 1st. I'd shoot myself in the face if I was losing weight at a 1-2 lb/week rate, 3-4 lbs is where it is at.

1000 seems really low. You must have some killer willpower
I'm 216 down from 245 and im doing 1300 to cut.

>tfw it's only been a month and I have lost 8kg
who /waterweight/ here

I'm literally taking caffeine and drinking water all day until my one meal at night. It's tough.

>tfw lost 50 lbs in two months

Holy shit! I've never lost so much weight in my life. I'm gonna make it bros!

Why not have two 500 cal meals instead?

That's what I'm saying, though. Dieting that way is stressful on the nervous system. Most of the fatties in this thread aren't bodybuilding style cutters, they're just cutting for general weight loss and this method is not as sustainable longterm. They will end up yo-yoing between weights and fucking up their body chemistry

I guess I could have a top ramen meal for lunch and some salmon and rice for supper

Although risk of injury is there, that's true of any exercise. There's a little bit of wiggle room, I think. Your form would have to be real fucked up to just snap your shit up. If injuries are of concern, then use the cable machines. The point is just that strength training is just as important as cardio.

Great micros in that, bro...

what did you do?

Nah, stick with your one meal a day, it makes the cravings way more manageable. You don't get hungry at breakfast, I assume, and lunch is piss easy to skip.

Nothing but methamphetamines and dancing from midnight until 6am, my friend :^)

>Tfw just ate a chocolate crepe and chocolate milkshake
Hope it isnt beyond 1000 calories :o

>300 calories already today
>been awake 1 hour

What a I gonna do bros?

Stop eating, eat a big 1500 calorie meal and then cucumbers

Have some willpower. You can do it man. Just get caffeine supplements or drink coffee if you have hunger, and if you are feeling hungry drink water until you're gonna throw up. Easy peasy

His steak cook preference is literally the worst part of his presidency, that's winning

>worst part of his presidency, that's winning
t. Russian agent

>Had honey nut cheerios for breakfast, roughly 240 calories worth
>Had a chicken wrap for lunch, about 600 calories in all
>about 1000 calories left in the day

This is the worst.

190 pounds
5'10

Im on a 1700 calorie diet, should I restrict more?

I already do a small bit of cycling every other day

Any treatment/solution for strecht marks ? im down 10kg/ out of 30kg goal and they started appering

95% of men will lose weight on a

But Im really stalling after only losing like 4 pounds

A very strict keto diet, with exercise at least 4 times a week.

Time, drink lots of water, moisturize them daily, get a tan

They will fade a lot, but can't get rid of em.

how long?

>wanting to get rid of stretch marks
for what reason? Let them be a reminder as to what you were, and why you should never get that big again.

5L of water a day , dont drink anything thats not water sicne 6 months ago

then again I use a scales in my bathroom and its supposedly very inaccurate

Like 2-3 weeks?

what? why do you think a bathroom scale is very inaccurate? Most bathroom scales measure within a 300gram margin of error.

>sure beats doing 40+ minutes of cardio
you should be doing both. cardio should be a staple of everyone's fitness regimen. i definitely agree about resistance training, but you can't neglect your cardiovascular health. and unless you're maintaining a good tempo while lifting you aren't getting enough during a workout.

Chopped my arm off.

>bout to go to a Mongolian bqq
it's fine

>he doesn't buy his massive eggs from the neighboring village
confirmed not going to make it

I've been sick and the medicine isn't cutting it so no exercise in 4days. Stalled in weight loss ;-; been eating carbs and oil. The hunger isn't going away as easily. Im going to try to run today. Hopefully my nose isn't too stuffed up

>not exercising
>eating carbs and oil
FOR WHAT PVRPOSE

What in the literal fuck would be the point of weight any of that food? Bread, meat, and cheese give you exactly how many calories a slice is. And a small piece of lettuce hardly matters when counting.

I didn't cook for myself this week:c I had to eat something and mom made delicious pork steak coupled with black bean rice.

That's clearly a stock photo, no? Obviously nobody would weigh it all together.
The fat has gotten into your brain lad

Anybody got any advice for high protein meals that can either be whipped up in 5 minutes or prepared n frozen?

I always end up too lazy to cook healthy and look for the easiest thing. Frozen chili is great but looking for more.

packaged tuna or salmon
frozen fish
cheap cuts of beef, like flat iron steaks

as far as a whole meal, stir fry is quick and easy (especially if you prep the vegetables one day so you can just toss in a wok and get shit done)

omelettes are always good, too

i like making a couple of shepherd's pies and freezing them in individual containers. they hold up pretty well.

Nigger, I only own 1 '25 pound dungbell and I do a hour session 3 times a day, every day. My arms are in constant pain, but it will all pay off when they have gained.

Not a full dinner if that's what you're thinking, but cottage cheese + jam (I like strawberry, sugar free) works great. Lots of protein, slow digestive so keeps you full as well.

>not using a special egg scale

not going to make it

Try meal prepping, you only need 2 hours to prepare food for a week.

On home days (3x/week) Pilates/Barre, cardio and yoga.
Other 3 days per week, gym for compound lifts and swimming/sauna/jacuzzi.
Rest 1 day.
I don't wanna end up with loose skin so going for recombination rather than cutting but still count and limit calories and carbs to reasonable amounts on all days.
It's working so far, I'm losing, getting stronger and no flabby parts.

Thanks

Does cooked chicken make it a whole week in the fridge fine? What kind meals do you prep?

If you don't mind the chicken drying out a bit then yeah, it's fine. I grill chicken once a week starting this time of year and the last piece isn't the greatest, but it isn't rotten by any means.

I'm not into a lot of meal prep nowadays. I used to do stews, one pot meals, etc and freeze the leftovers, but now I eat a lot of salads, which can be prepped from day to day. It's nice because the meat is cooked and I just have to assemble it with pre-cut veggies. When I eat potatoes I wrap them in a wet papertowel after puncturing the skin and microwave them for about eight minutes.

Why not just buy the standard 8kg beginner kettlebell and do one of the many standard routines for it? More effective.

I put on way too much weight because I wasn't actually calorie counting while lifting.

Now that I'm trying to eat only 1800 h

I'm only trying to do it for Lent but it's given me far more appreciation for healthier food in terms of calories.

But I really want a burger.

>Does cooked chicken make it a whole week in the fridge fine? What kind meals do you prep?

i prepare pretty much any normal meal, if you cook the chicken properly and put it in a sealed container it will be good for a week, if you are paranoid you can just freeze it.

My parents got me chicken sausage because they know I don't eat red meat anymore.

About to taste it.

Stew, kinda similar to chili I suppose, but still different.

Grill up a bunch of tasty meat. Frozen veggies can be microwaved in a few minutes

>I had to eat something
fat logic

>and mom made delicious pork steak coupled with black bean rice.
should have told your mom to fuck off.

Former hugefat here. Now am swolefat.

Started at 295 pounds last June (I'm 6'2"). Began with weightlifting, cycling (for transportation), and cutting out fast food and sodas. No calorie/macro counting, just abstaining from obviously shitty food.

Got down to 255 by October. From there didn't lose any weight or gain any strength for 2 months. I must've been eating at maintenance (like I said didn't count cals/macs).

Decided I needed to track my calorie intake if I wanted to continue to lose weight. Downloaded MFP and set my goal to lose 2 pounds a week. Adjusted the macros in the app to get 35% cals from protein, 35% from carbs, and 30% from fat.

Am down to 231 now. MFP had me at 2,340 cals but I dropped it to 2,200 and kept my macros at the same %. Everyone is telling me I'm too skinny but my goal is to cut to 220, bulk 5 pounds on a clean bulk, then cut again to 210. Probably stay on a bulking/cutting cycle until I'm completely satisfied with my physique.

My only setback in my eating habits is getting my kids on the weekends. I buy them chips and snacks because they're 7 and 4 and deserve a treat, but after they go to bed I'll end up digging into their junk food and regretting it the whole time. Willpower isn't great. It's easy to eat right when I don't have the junk food around me.

We're all gonna make it guyz

This is me. Also worth noting that I jumped headfirst into bodybuilding at the very beginning of my weight loss. Muscle burns fat even while you sleep. It is possible to make strength/size gains and lose weight at the beginning. When you run into a plateau you'll have to decide if building more muscle or burning fat is more important to you.

My lifts are currently at (5RM)
Bench: 275
Incline Bench: 205
OHP: 155
Pull Ups: 4 Bodyweight
Pendlay Rows: 185
Diddlies: 375
Squats: 275
Preacher Curl: 110
Standing Curl: 95

I'm not sure why fatties just leap up off the couch one day and decide to try and lose quick by getting super strict but every single diet/exercise program that's decent says to check with your doctor first.
That said, something doesn't have to be sustainable long term if it works meantime and then they go on to something reasonable and don't regress to their old ways. If they are reasonably healthy, they can fast some and their weight + lack of endurance at first is going to restrict the amount of cardio intensity they can put in.

Let them starve and flail about a while, it won't really hurt anything.

Why would you need to weigh any food? It doesn't make any sense.
Chicken says how much it weighs on the package. Simply divide it up in to even portions and do the math.
The +/- 50 calories really isn't going to matter.

Stop purging. Nothing else you do is going to help you until you can get it under control. I'd do small strict calorie-controlled meals rather than one meal with IF, one big meal feels a lot like a binge to some people where 4 smaller meals may not. It depends what's triggering you.

Carls jr turkey burger is 500 calories.
Homemade turkey burger, or lean beef, can be about the same but bigger meat.

You can fit burgers in your diet.

This is my most recent progress pic

Fresh fruits, fresh veg, grains, serving sizes of sauces, dressings, portion size/weight vs just eyeballing it, lots of reasons to weigh and measure. Many people are surprised how inaccurate their estimating can be, others are better at it.

People crying about it, well then don't do it. But if your weight loss stalls, that's the first thing to suspect, inaccurate calorie counting and over-estimating portion sizes.

>Having to measure fruit/veggies
They're so low calorie and you can literally just select the largest calorie sizing on myfitnesspal for fruits (apples, bananas, etc)
Grain you can use a measuring cup.
Who the fuck measures sauces or even uses so much sauce it'll make a different

Measuring food is autistic unless you're already a low weight trying to bulk a very specific amount in very slowly, or even cut to a really low bf% (body builders and so on).
If you're unsure ALWAYS overestimate how much you're eating.

>stretchers
your weight was not the only mistake you made