/plg/ - powerlifting general

For the discussion of powerlifting and all things related

>there must be more to add to this meme edition

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RClX2NHaYQ4
strengthshop.co.uk/equipment/benches/deluxe-utility-bench.html
powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf430-heavy-duty-flat-incline-decline-bench.php
instagram.com/p/BROP-f0hngq/?taken-by=theipf
strengthshop.co.uk/weights-bars/bars/strength-shop-powerlifting-bar-chemical-plated.html
youtu.be/e4-VgM6XtRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

powerlifting is for degenerate fatties

this.

Olympic weightlifting > all

trip on panzer, you weak little shit

repost from last thread

ive been tempting fate for ages i think the bench was only rated to about 220 total weight?

was an awful looking set desu my arch wasnt big enough and i hit the safeties but the power was certainly there
>tricep work pays off

youtu.be/RClX2NHaYQ4

MUTE THE VIDEO I HAD SOUND RIGHT UP TO AMP ME UP

That OP image is wrong, it should be an entire SBD kit if it's to be a true starter kit.

KEK sorry bro that's hilarious

RIP in piece

Shit that video is even better than the way it was described.

watching it back is funny, im surprised i stayed so calm

nice to be strong enough to break something

ayyy lmao
Tbh the bench already looked like a decline in the flat position, surprised you even got 3 reps before it happened

>MUTE THE VIDEO
never i missed these distorted ear destroying videos

going to buy one rated 350kg

ill never bench 240 so im golden

Don't you need to take your bodyweight into account though?

Did he died?

just finished my first sheiko week, inflated bench and squat by 5kg because im an ego faggot. im looking forward to all this fatigue and exploding shoulders everyone talks about.

yeah, 350-110=240

so ill be able to bench upto 240 on it

probably better the get a solid flat bench too unless you really want the adjustment

i would, but im doing conjugate so ill be rotating in incline and seated press

got two options
strengthshop.co.uk/equipment/benches/deluxe-utility-bench.html

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf430-heavy-duty-flat-incline-decline-bench.php

the bodymax one is cheaper by £50 and is rated higher but doesnt look as sturdy

I'm taking a shit right now and it's rather greasy

looking into the toilet I'm surprised by how much shit actually came out really didn't feel like all that came out

Yeah I get that sometimes

The powerhouse one looks cheap as fuck, I wouldn't trust that over 200.

Any way you could get some support under the upper part of the back pad? Looks like neither will be particularly stronger than what you just broke.

Wish I could arch like that.

the strengthshop one lies flat on the frame so has more support for flat bench

seated isnt a problem as the weight isnt going into the backrest and incline im not handling anything big

if its rated for 350 it should hold 350, or ill get my money back, im probably going to go for the strength shop one

>the strengthshop one lies flat on the frame
yeah definitely that then

>lies flat on the frame
Definitely get that one.

Drop £100 on a fucking stereo or something while you're at it too maybe? :^)

You shouldn't be making fun of people born with disfigured arms.

Maybe take up a new hobby, maybe powerlifting?

reviews are all commenting on how sturdy it is

i may get some cheap speakers to aux or bluetooth to my phone

instagram.com/p/BROP-f0hngq/?taken-by=theipf
Sheit
Is this streamed? Can't find a link.

>trying to kill the aesthetic of a gbro video
next youll say for him to upgrade his camera too

shame on you facelad

>That one red light for depth

breeeehhhhhh

The fucking speed. Jesus.

Go full tits on a Kilburn man.
s-sorry

im not going to count it as a failed rep, i didnt fail the bench did

W-what, I meant the speaker, Marshall Kilburn.

But yeah, you had that rep.

yeah sorry i was just venting

i think 180 is there for a paused single, got 11 weeks to add make sure

you already benched 180 9 months ago raw what happened?

when are open men 83 93 105 competing? anyone have link to the stream? and dont give me that piece of shit malware infested topkek100 cytube shit either

was touch and go not paused

im not going to overhype my lifts anymore because i know theres a load of variables when it comes to competing that you dont get in the gym

travel, hotels, different benches, potential for a rushed warm up, hurried onto the platform, random doing a hand out, different bench on the platform to the warm up area, width of plates, the list goes on

4 weeks out ill take a paused single, whatever that is ill do 90% 97% 104-5% as my attempts on the day

red and black adipowers are 35% off of the adidas website right now

looks like theyre clearing out of those and releasing these all black ones

yeah but youre on the juice and went from 180x1 raw to 180x3 with a slingshot in 9 months
why are you so shit

What is the purpose of inflating maxes? Gonna start a periodised program for the first time and do all of my reps paused but use my non-paused maxes, because I'm not happy with my bouncy reps, so will it be like I'm inflating my maxes.

>tfw same happened to me using less than half the weight a while ago
A sign from heaven to just stop benching lol

No worries, vent anytime m8.

>A sign from heaven to just stop benching lol
you are interpreting wrong lad

we (me and flatmate) have the strengthshop one, pretty good and reliable stuff, can vouch for. neither of us benches your weight but i would feel comfortable and safe on it if i could (implying non-GDE status).

No. The universe is trying to kill me even when I bench babbyweight. This is an omen lmao

>tfw z press
>hammer curl
>face pulls
>box jumps
>wall squats
>stretching
Rest day well spent lads

It's insane how uneducated people are on juicy juice. Nuckols wrote a great article on this. Roids don't help as much as you'd think

Need a new barbell as my 6ft one doesn't have enough space for the weights I'm getting to without them falling off mid set.

Do 7ft bars have longer sleeves than 6ft bars?
Is there a difference between power bars and olympic bars?
Is there a reason besides marketing for the wide range of prices of bars? If I get the cheapest bar I can find will I regret it?

Ive bent 4 cheap bars, and that was with 220 and under, oly bars, especially cheap ones arent built to take any sort of weight

Yes the sleeves are longer

Why the fuck aren't oly bars made to take weight?

You may not be reliable with bench recommendations (lmao) but if you could link a decent bar at a good price I'd be eternally grateful. I train in my garage too.

(c) Regardless of the load rating of the bar, please choose the bar most appropriate for the type of lifting it will be getting used for. For the bars rated to 700lbs we generally do not recommend going above around 200kg. For the weightlifting/bastard bars we advise up to 120kg for clean/jerk/snatch or any similar lift where the bar would be dropped from height. Anything heavier than this and we would recommend Strength Shop Elite Weightlifting bars. TheStrength Shop Weightlifting bar(s) and bastard bars, whilst rated to 1500lbs, are essentially weightlifting bars, and we would not recommend using it for very heavy squats/deadlifts (roughly 250kg+. For this we would always recommend the The Bastard Power or the Texas bars). The Bastard Power Bar is recommended for use up to 340kg deadlift and 300kg squat. We never recommend dropping bars when deadlifting, the bar should always be lowered to the floor in a controlled manner.

From strengthshops terms

Their power bar is the best priced power bar in the uk, not as strong as the texas bar, but thats £400 over here, the strengthshop one will take 340 dead 300 squat as stated above

strengthshop.co.uk/weights-bars/bars/strength-shop-powerlifting-bar-chemical-plated.html

lmao. my cheapo bar is so bent its practically a U shape. dont have the money to replace it tho

just have to live with the fact it will one day roll out of my hand mid bench and kill me :^(

you mean your chris duffin duffalo bar by duffin

>nobody posting about this

should have posted it with an anime bulge avatar senpai

Tbh it's extremely boring when we don't have a stream and the only information we get is through some random instagram/twitter posts.

This. Why put on a meet where you have some of the 8 best lifters in the world and not stream it

Sumner squats 505 single ply 2m wraps

Multiply record with 3m wraps and untested is 571

If we are believing that he is natty then adding 2 more plys, a meter to knee wraps and drugs gets 66kg

Goes to show these things dont add as much as people think

Where is Blaine's fucking limit? Holy shit, 10 years ago this would've been inconceivable.

What a God.

Sumner says himself he doesn't get very much out of the suit and wraps as everybody else does. Other people get 50-60kg more out of it than he does.

Sumner is just a monster.

F

>£400
i could buy three years of gym membership for that insanity.

those 700lb rated bars - what's the price for those?

thanks

>Sumner says himself he doesn't get very much out of the suit and wraps as everybody else does
Ya but his best raw is like 80kg lower than his best equipped

And other dudes get 100-150kg out of the wraps and suit.

It's harder to hit depth in multiply. There are guys who unrack 1300 and can't get down.

It clearly says dont put over 200kg on them

Home gyms require some investment, you buy a good bar it will last forever

Considering Donnie is the only person afaik to attempt 1300 i dont think so

i guess i could always increase my reps and not ever go near maximum until meets. i'll take my chances. i'd feel far too guilty spunking 400 quid on a barbell

>implying you will never be repping over 200kg

youve already lost lad

good. no need to get the expensive bar then.

by the way
>implying i don't rep almost 190kg on the squats

Im not saying buy a texas bar, the strengthshop power bar is £260 and for 99% of people will be more than enough for a lifetime

oh god, i might just have to get it.

for fucks sake.

Tbh that's usually because of detraining of the raw lifts.

when did he last peak for raw tho

I need a texas bar. I'm now garagecousin, and I'm using a pendlay WL bar with 810mm rings drawn on in permanent marker.

You aren't some kind of pl expert bro.

youtu.be/e4-VgM6XtRA

I don't think you can make any conclusions from one person. Fredrik Svensson have benched like 220 kg raw(strict) and did 400 eq at nats a few years ago. Fredrik Smulter bench at least 270 kg raw and has done like 1 kg more than Svensson eq. The differences are huge between different lifters.

Lol you lifting in a garage now? Your dad's?

The gear gets better all the time. Equipment and drugs.

I wish the strengthshop one had been out when i bought one, could have done with saving the 140

in for Ohio Power Bar is best bar

Drugs dont get better? People are taking the same stuff they have always taken

Test deca and tren are peoples staples and oxys/halo around comp

All that changes is dosing of gear and thats down to having the right contacts

Yea damn right

kek @ emperor Kasich

is there a stream for the animal cage

Holy fuck getting people to respond to political campaign surveys is like pulling teeth. Literally had a dude say, i can't respond, i have lung cancer.

Doubt it, those Arnold cucks aren't streaming anything

How is it? Good for 300+?

This. Everyone is still taking the same drugs from the 70s/80s.

Texas Power bar is basically a noodle bar. So much whip

Yeah gonna split my training between that and OUPLC because the OUPLC gym is hilariously rubbish. I'm literally going to have to buy iron plates for them.

Lmao. Single ply still looks like a squat. This is something else.

I've trained with a TPB and you are confusing it for a TDLB.

hello george, i hope you are having a good evening

could you expand on the people you are associating with that are doping

thank you

kek multiply honestly gives powerlifting a terrible name. Single ply and raw is all that should be called powerlifting

Not saying i am, i said as far as i know!

Very few people have, and 1300lbs will force you to depth regardless of how tight your suit is, getting up is the issue

They say its good for 340 dead 300 squat, but ive seen delroy mcqueen squatting 320 with it, theyre probably erring on the side of caution for recommendation

It will hold up and is a great price

They still take them because they still work!

Texas deadlift bars bend, ive put 320 on for rack pulls and it barely flexed

It definitely is not as stiff as an ohio power bar.