Boxing

I've started practicing boxing.
And I wanna know if you have any tips on this? What is the best way of training, how getting strength, how improving dodging, etc.
Do you have any experience for share?

Other urls found in this thread:

titleboxing.com/title-gel-world-bag-gloves
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

join a boxing gym, they'll tell you.

boxing gym, sparring, then shadow boxing

Wrestling beats boxing

i did that... but it was sanda (chinese boxing). i wanna know training that improves only the boxing part; videos or sth with specific trainings.

First of all, be a student of your sport and of your improvement. Question after every gym what worked well, what didn't work well, and try to figure out what it did.

When you identify something you're not good at, try to break it down into its individual parts. Try to create a drill to train those parts. Anything where you can start slow and then gain speed is great.

Your punching power is in your hips. Jewtube proper stance and hip rotation.

At first dont focus too much on the strenght of the technique, just take it slow and get the technique down to your spine. After that you can increase speed and strenght.

yes, i've started recently; but it is chinese boxing (because it has a complete fighting). and i want to improve the boxing part. i've started some exercises regading boxing, and i wanna know (vids or sth) that have specific training for that.

The only way to get good at western boxing is to train western boxing with guys that already know western boxing.

You can emulate techniques but you don't get the practice of applying them against guys that are already proficient in them, and so what already is a difficult sport to master becomes nearly impossible.

Hello OP, I too, would like to enter the sport of boxing. I have started by shadowboxing in a hoodie in the corner of my gym using the dumbbells, I have worked my way up to 15lb dumbbells for fast sets and I am wonder how do I take my training to the next level?

i see... truly is difficult to improve it. but not impossible. in the traing i get a lot of boxing, but western boxing is all about it. so i really want some tips on that. so, would you think that is a bad idea and i should stick to the chinese move set?

yeap... i'm doing that, taking slow... but sometimes i really put strengh in order to know how much i could take. find out i was a physical wreck.

First, stop shadowboxing with dumbbells, you're begging for an injury. Use a punching bag.

Second, join a boxing gym.

Pirate the Duke Roufus instructional set (its for muay thai but nevermind that) It has 2 or 3 basic blocks, slips, and counters for the standard punches. Find someone else in class that's willing to just drill throwing those at you and you lightly but quickly and you practice countering without flinching etc.

It's important that if yo udon't block or sip the punch that it hits you.

You won't become a good boxer, but it will help kill off some shitty reflexes like flinching and other stupidity when someones fighting you and help you instinctively use some basic defense.

Similar drills are great for any skill, but again, if you can't then implement it against other people skilled in the sport, you're never going to get good at it.

Still something probably everyone should do.

Btw, the way I put that into practice just to keep my reflexes sharp when I coldn't afford gym dues.

I'd 'spar' with my fiance, an at first I'd just let her jab at me. I'd intentionally eat some of them to get control of my flinch reflexes and only allow myself to parry or slip with the set techniques I intended to practice.

Once warm, I'd let her throw either jabs or crosses but still only pot shotted one at a time.

Then jabs, crosses, hooks, pot shotted.

Then anything she wants pot shotted.

Then I'd let her beat at me.

She had a blast trying to hit me, and it did help me keep my techniques semi sharp. STill got my ass whooped the first time I got back in there.

fwiw

thanks a lot.
i'll be doing that. i'll keep with chinese move set and absorb part of this traing; and i'll be good at it. i have a friend who will be doing that.

Offensively, most drilling is gonna be done on focus pads. One thing you'll want to work on that will help you a ton in sparring is learning to step in with your punches as you throw combos. If you see guys that don't box wel spar, you'll notice they rarely connect with their rear hand and are always leaning. It's because the only step forward once with the lead foot and then finish teh combo statically there.

You gotta learn to step forward with your left when you jab, then follow with you rright back into stance when you cross. You should be able to march like that, then plant to finish a cobo once you'r emaking contact.

sorry for rambling, im pretty high senpai

I don't actively practice the sport but bagwork is part of my routine for my off days.

Be sure to wrap your hands.

I'm doing Starting Strength meme routine and my punches got naturally stronger as I kept on progressing.

one of my difficulties is this boxing dynamics, this "dancing". i'm more statical when fighting; more defensive ( a mistake, i know). i'll be needing improving this a lot.

i'm about to buy proper gloves; any suggestion?

and how works this strength meme? you punch the bag with all of your strength? you feel stronger with that?

>implying wrestling could beat boxing in a boxing ring with boxing rules

there's no striking in wrestling.

you'll have to throw the boxer on the ground. and the boxer will have knocked you out before that.

boxing>>>>wrestling

So I'm just picking up Muay Thai and I've noticed that some dudes train in a hoodie, sometimes even put the hood on and pull the strings. When we're doing physical conditioning, the coach likes to shut the doors and flip on a space heater. Why? What does all this heat train?

in what? stretching your sphincter?

It helps you stay lean, you gotta melt that fat off bro. If you really want to get shredded, wrap plastic wrap around your abs then put on a hoodie. You'll have a six pack in no time.

Learn a real martial art.

Like Tai Chi.

Don't try to learn shit by yourself or you'll develop a bunch of bad habits that take forever to break if you ever really want to learn how to box.

pls... i picked sth with combat efectiveness.

Not too hard desu

This is what works for me:
>put more weight on your front leg but still keep it on the bulge
>don't over spread your legs
>remember that doing a cross effectively is about bringing the right shoulder at the same line the left shoulder was on a jab
>in other words, just practice body rotations to bring upfront one shoulder then the other untill you have good core and balance
>sit your punches and aim in an angle going up, do not punch straight forward, you will only do body shots
>practice slipping by using a rope and a tennis ball, attach that rope on your ceiling and swing the ball and avoid the ball with your head (go on the outside of the shoulder that throws)
>skip rope like a mofo
hold it helps

titleboxing.com/title-gel-world-bag-gloves

Just got these literally today, so I haven't actually had a chance to use them. But, they came well recommended from a few sources. They feel quality, full leather, good support.

>skip rope like a mofo

One thing I think is pretty common. Learn how to jump rope. If you are doing it wrong, it will fry your back and shoulders.

Rotate your wrists

For fighting in the ring I believe 10ounce padding is normal. For sparring I'd use 14 or 16 ounces since it's easier on the face if you punch. For working on a bag you ideally get bag gloves since bag work compresses the padding of regular gloves. Also, I felt that regular gloves feel bad for my joints when working the bag since they kinda bounce back and give energy from the punch back into my arm