Hyperhidrosis

Okay so this used to be HEALTH & Fitness and I still regard it to be so.
Does anyone here suffer from excessive sweating? I don't mean when working out, that's fine. I mean sweating linked directly to anxiety.
I'll end up with sweat patches like pic related just from going shopping, meeting good friends another relatively comfortable situation.Something like a job interview is a nightmare - I'll sweat through a suit.
I've tried extra strong deodorants and while they're somewhat effective, I'll sweat straight through them if I get a little anxious.
Has anyone else had this problem? Researching this problem brings up results recommending deodorant-type products. I want something different, short of surgery. Tips?

The surgery isn't invasive. Anti-perspirants won't do shit. I think the best you could do otherwise is better clothing that wicks sweat more effectively.

height/weight?
country/state?
Try polyester type clothing, moisture wicking, dry shirts, etc.

6 foot, 90kg, UK.
I recently bought some t-shirts which are made of 94% cotton and 6% elastine which appear to show sweat patches a little less than fully cotton ones.
Can you recommend a certain material or brand of t shirt?

I used to have this very bad in highschool and for a while afterwards. And ive tried quite a few clinical strength deodorants. And for certain the best thing ive ever used and the only thing what worked was Certain Dri. Apply at night before bed and wash off when you take a shower. Apply a regular deodorant and i guarentee you it works. You dont even have to apply it everyday.

don't wear shirts that are super tight in your armpits

I'm in the same boat, OP. I've found that heavy duty antiperspirants like certain dri and stronger are pretty effective for the pit sweat. My biggest problem is the back/ass sweat, and I've yet to find something that prevents this to my satisfaction. I use certain dri around there occasionally, but it's generally too much effort for a pretty subpar result. I've been meaning to order one of the even stronger brands, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

>94% cotton
You want clothing that actually drys or dissipates moisture, not absorbs it. I'm a fat fuck (5'10, 105kg) in CALIFORNIA and had to wear a suit for work.
Right away I'd start sweating bullets. What I found helped was wearing something akin to underarmour beneath the suit or dress shirt. You can get actual polos and shit made from stuff like this.
Look up dri shirts, dryblend, and so on. They're usually 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester type shirts and the polyester is a type that wicks away moisture.
Very stretchy material and almost never shows wet spots.

Okay, great. Though, say I'm wearing a dri shirt or whatever underneath a regular shirt. The sweat from my pits has to go somewhere, and there's often a lot of it, so where does it go? I assume it will either trickle down my body if the shirt is loose enough, which I can deal with. Or it will be pushed through the fibres of my dri shirt, creating patches on my outer shirt?

I've used Odaban and Driclor. I can't see how Certain Dri will be any more effective but I'll give it a try anyway, thanks.

>so where does it go
The shirt wicks it away. Magical stuff.
I'm talking like you can literally wash the shirt in a washing machine, and by the time you go to transfer it to the drying machine, it's practically dry already. Fantastic workout shirts and great every day shirts.

GET THIS

100% serious it changed my life. You put it on before bed like once a week and you'll never sweat from your pits again.

>wicks it away
I'd like to know what that actually means. How can sweat evaporate away if its enclosed in 2 or 3 layers of clothes? I
Either way, I'm going to invest in one and if it works, a shit load more. Thanks.

It evenly divides it among the clothes making it less apparent and drying much quicker.
The only time you should do 2 layers is if you're in a suit. Otherwise one layer of a moisture wicking normal clothes is good enough.

Is this in the pharmacy section at the grocery store?

I dont get so anxious that I start to sweat. I've had too much sex and done too many drugs and had too many friends to give a fuck anymore about anything. I only start to sweat if I go to my grandmas house and she has the heat on and is baking something awful

I've tried this and it didn't work! I think the crucial factor in my case is that my sweating is linked to anxiety. I get anxious, sweat, get anxious about my sweating, sweat more. It's a vicious cycle. When I'm working out in the gym (my happy place) I sweat less than I do when I'm at the pub with friends I love and am totally comfortable with. It's just my mild, underlying autism that most people have. Sadly, it triggers my sweat glands and makes me slippery so I can escape a body grab from predators.

Anyway... does anyone else sweat directly due to anxiety/nervousness rather than heat or physical exertion?

another anxious/over sweater user. I used to sweat shit ton just sitting in class, standing in lines, etc. one thing I realized is instead of covering up the sweat; find out why you have anxiety in the first place. I started meditating 30-40 minutes a day and realized my anxiety came from impatience. I began working on having more patience plus just the general meditation and started sweating less. I still sweat more than the average person but my super over excessive sweats are gone

I use drysol, same shit as you. Got it from the doctor and worked when i was younger. Now it leaves really nasty chemical burns that turn to black scabs under my pits. Also doesnt work lul.

I have no anxiety, just a sweaty pit boy. Thinking about getting the surgery. Sometimes it gets so bad it creeps from my pits up to my shoulders.

Yeah, I suppose treating the problem at it's source is always the most viable solution. I was thinking about starting meditation anyway. My brother says I'm always rushing towards the next thing and never enjoying the moment I'm in. Thanks for the insight.
Shit doesn't burn me that bad, but I do get very itchy after applying it, so I wait until I'm just about to fall asleep before doing it. Ultimately this often leads to me falling asleep without applying it... figures.
Maybe CBT is my best option.

I can use driclor on my pits but fucked me, i can't put driclor all over my back, face , ass, balls and legs. I hate the sweating curse lads.

> the aluminum Jew
Enjoy your Alzheimer's