How the hell did everyone learn to swim?

I've been to the pool like 20 times and I can ALMOST breaststroke (still can't figure out how to bob up for air). Don't tell me everyone's parents had time for this shit.

Breastroke is hard for me. I assume you can swim and not drown and want techinique tips. The best way to get gud tech is to swim until you're exhausted and keep going, at which point you will figure out how to be efficient

Dutch so swimming classes are semi mandatory I guess at least every parent sends their kids to swimming classes at age 6-8.

my mom tried to teach me how to swim when i was young but she almost fucking drowned me kek

now as an adult i'd like to learn how to swim but i'm insecure and too embarrassed to get lessons

learned by myself at the pool as a kid

Mandatory in school but my parents but me in swimmingclasses when i was like 5. I really think it should be a priority to teach your kid these things, especially if you in any way is in vicinity of water.

>Parents this shit.
My dad literally pulled the stereotypical "throw him in the deep end" I made it back to the edge.

My grandfather found out and kicked his ass. Then tought me how to swim proper.

t. Swam at state

Literally no-one cares about that man. We're land mammals, not fucking fish. No-one's going to mock you for something literally everyone needs to learn to do.

Like with most things, us whites are intuitively good at swimming.

Forced into competitive swimming for 6 years

I do, I think it's funny when grown men can't swim.

That's different. You're sub-human.

ITT faggots who can't even SWIM

Its racist to make fun of black people user, please stop.

just because a disproportional amount of black people can't swim doesn't mean one white person might not be able too as well.

that's like assuming all murderers are black m8.

>tfw black and can't swim
What a dumb fucking stereotype anyway

My mom was a lifeguard when she grew up so my brothers and I were all out into swimming lessons at a very young age (3 y/o iirc) and did them until I was 16.

I love swimmin

Everyone didn't learn to swim. I bet you take the average American male and ask them to do a proper front crawl and they'd do it shitty.

No, it's subhuman to be a grown man who can't fucking swim LOL

I was on the swim team at my HS for a year. It felt bad coming in last for literally every single race and dragging the team down during relays.

Instead of gitting güd I just became numb.

I was having a laff m8, now if only we could apply this reasoning to "tell men not to rape" fems.

R u fuckin kidding me m8? You better learn

my uncle threw me into the ocean. I wish I was joking

I went to the pool when I was younger and I learned how to hold my breath underwater this was like 10 years ago though
This was in Trinidad though and my cousins were there

My dad dragged me out deep in the water then swam back without me. Learned a lot that day

like how sometimes even your family won't be able to help you so you should learn to not be useless?

Man, how many parents accidentally killed their kids teaching their kids to swim?

I learned how to swim at age 6 because my father taught me and took me to classes as well.

they didn't kill any children worth keeping.

Only an absolute fucking retard would possibly let that happen.

We got the same numbers wtf?

My parents gave a me a personal swimming coach when I was like 5. At 10 years old I could easily swim 1km+ without stopping. I never did it as a sport or anything though. Now I almost never go swimming anymore.

natural selection, what kind of retard drowns? LOL

Parents are suppose to teach kids with floaties and armbands and what not. It's not hard, even for kids, most pick it up whiting a couple of hours.

If yours never did then find an adult swimming class for beginners, I'm sure it exists.

My parents had time for that shit

>can swim from one end of the pool to another but can't tread to save my life

I'm white.

>tfw learned to swim by pretending to be a frog

Swimming is easy, but misunderstood. Really it's about controlling your air. Honestly just practice floating in any way in the water and you'll find you can swim easier. I taught swim lessons to kids and the earliest stuff we taught them was floats (back, front, jellyfish, all that shit). But being able to control your air is pretty fundamental, then just work on your strokes and it's really just cardio from there on.

This, I can hardly believe that there are actually people that can't swim.
But if you can't swim, then please take classes, it's still better than not taking them and never learning how to swim.

My family was a member of the local swimming club so I took lessons. Also lived near water so swam a ton with friends

Was thrown into pool and instincts kicked in

also we dont teach fancy swimming moves like breast stroke. we have to much water to care about that. so everyone swims like a puppy here.

>there are ADULT men right now who actually don't know how to swim

I hope you guys can live happy with the fact you guys will dry up a pussy faster than a 5´2" manlet

>tfw thrown into pool
>"swim nigga"
>only words I remember my father telling me

When I was a kid maybe about three or four I went to a hotel pool with my grandpa, I jumped in the deep end and just learned right there, if I hadnt I might have drowned and gotten my grandpa arrested for negligence.

That being said, I think the number one thing that people need to do is to just learn to be comfortable in the water, and just kind of let go of the fear and uncertainty. Floating and swimming will come naturally if you do not over think it.

idk everyone just could. We had this one kid who couldn't and it was hilarious looking at him struggle in front of all these people. When he was swimming it looked like he had a seizure. Great laughs.

so many blacks in this thread!

swimming isn't even hard.

I've never """learned""" to swim I just kinda practiced the motions I saw everybody else doing while swimming. I move forward but it's probably very unorthodox.

I can keep myself afloat and tread water until help arrives if need be so that's good enough for me

Even if you never learned how to swim you an still tread water and move right? Like all you do is flap your arms and legs ffs if you just want to survive in the water.

OP is a nigger. My dad taught me when I was like 5.

Nice blog :^)

Been in the water since I was a toddler, can't remember when I learned proper strokes but I've been swimming competitively since I was 6

Did HS and college (div 3, for fun)