How many people at your gym even do beginner routines like SS or SL?

How many people at your gym even do beginner routines like SS or SL?

Zero.
>Home gym master race

0 as far as I know but almost everyone uses steroids here so...

I thought you needed a good routine for roids too.

You realize they're called "beginner" routines for a reason, right?

Not many, I've only met one dude who was doing icecreamfitness, lel, and that was it.

Most popular at mine in terms of people doing X thing:
>random "my bro said I should do this"
>brosplits
>some BB routine
>crossfit (they made space and added those monkey bars, those ropes people slam on the ground, boxes and so on)
>cardio only
>PL routine
>curls only
>PPL (only me afaik)

I still recommend SS since it's what I started with (with accessories) but most friends I've taken to the gym either quit, or end up doing splits they read on bb.com

I wish I had a gymbro, I would finally start going to the free weight area then.

Theres a handful at my gym. Most get to about 245 squat and stall pretty hard for a good year or 2.

Absolutely no one. Not even the jacked dudes do anything like squats or deadlifts.

When I first started my friend had us doing some crazy shit like 8 sets of full body everything and then when we finished do it again 3 more times. I did it with him once before I told him I'm going by myself and doing SS

a lot that i've seen, had some guy recognize i was doing texas method years ago

most of the really jacked guys just do super high volume brosplits, though, because in the end volume is king

if my only goal was to get jacked i would never do a squat or a deadlift again probably

the effort and risk / reward ratio is too high

You really don't, I mean roiders run 5/3/1 and building the memelith and shit like that and unironically make gains

at my uni gym I always see half a dozen or so people doing SL, but they always quit after a month once their course workloads get worse. not a single one over the years followed through

on the other hand the Big Guys are always running stuff like Smolov and 5/3/1 and openly discussing them with each other

Most people at mine do shitty brosplit programmed by the revolving door PTs.

There's even an older guy who I talk to a lot, he wants to get bigger and always asks the PTs how to get "big" but then wonders why he doesn't make any progress, he does light dumbells and machines and sees me doing heavy deads, squats, and benches and 'mires but never decides to actually fucking do what I'm doing - despite him going, "user, you're doing the right thing doing heavy lifts, those are great for you."

The biggest guys I see are doing some form of starting strength. Fuck ton of deadlifts and low bar squats with minimal OHP and Bench. No cleans though.

I've seen about 10, myself included.

>some form of starting strength
Are you actually a fucking moron?
You think squatting and deadlifting was invented by starting strength?
>minimal OHP and bench
SS has those exercises every workout you bell end.

How come these exercises are touted as the end-all of mass builders then

I've seen one guy at my gym who is actually a powerlifter and was rackpulling 5pl8 for reps

Yeah, the biggest guys in the gym only do squats and deadlifts and very little upper body work.

>SS has those exercises every workout you bell end
One or the other every workout, not both you autistic sperg.
>You think squatting and deadlifting was invented by starting strength?
You're reaching a bit. Nothing I wrote implied this, arguing something that is not being argued m8. SS is a squat heavy routine where you squat every workout. I can see why you would be confused :^)

You want to be mad I bastardized someone'a routine simply to SS because I see them doing squats and DL every time with a lesser emphasis on upper body, then go ahead and feel like you were "right" about something today cause clearly you need that pick me up.