Why do so many guys not train their legs ?

Why do so many guys not train their legs ?

Do they not see how ridiculously out of proportion they look ? Do they not realize that a girl's favorite muscles are the glutes ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOaO0aG2x90
t-nation.com/training/no-weights-calf-training
youtube.com/watch?v=8yrUenyGeA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

xo

am I doing it right op?

im 6'3

they're going for the spongebob look. you're just jelly because you can't pull it off

inb4 hordes of "aesthetics"fags enter this thread flexing their 11'' biceps in anger

>tfw hurt shoulder
>can no longer focus on gorilla bench press chest
> now, squat and deadlift are best friends
Some day I will have nice legs, lads.

>tfw the 16 year old deadlifting next to you is doing 460 lb
Kills me.

they aren't athletes and instead simply workout because it is something they enjoy and it makes they feel good about how they look neither of which require them to train their legs.

the real question is why are you so obsessive about what exercises other men are doing

Totally

>>TFW when squats and deads were your favorite but your physical therapist tells you that you still can't do them yet...

joff has acl surgery, he has an excuse. I had a friend that tore his and these injuries are no joke. They are very hard to recover from and take a lot of rehabilitation. You're also critiquing a successful physique competitor who many women would willing throw their pussy at. Stay mad OP

Easier to find abd wear pants. That's why most models don't train them.

It's disgusting when I'm a DYEL skelly and I see buff guys with legs smaller than mine when they lay on the bench to bench/incline press.

I have thicc legs for my weight though

But Seid's legs aren't smol he's just got a ridiculous frame and is a secret manlet

Training legs for size is stupid unless you're a bodybuilder or lazy powerlifter.
You don't need big legs to be a good athlete, strong and explosive sure, but huge power/oly lifter quads? nah.

s-ssure nfl and rugby players which are best team sport strenght atlethes in world dont have big legs

in real sport legs are literally most important

you want strong chest, core and legs nobody cares about arms

I never said you need huge legs. Read the thread . I was asking why some don't train their legs at all. I'm saying it looks stupid to train your upper body all the time and never train your lower body. You will be disproportionate and not very athletic if you never train your legs. You don't have to have huge legs to achieve the aforementioned, but you do have to at least train legs sometime

Girls like butts though

:( lad!

Wot? I don't like Joff but he has legs.

intimidating for those who know. Just your average Joe for the rest. Girls won't fall for this, that's for sure

My male friends say they don't work out their legs because "they already got enough muscle there".

It's the most logical to keep your 1RM bench and squat the same weight. Means you've balanced your upper and lower body.

HAHAHAHA
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Big thighs, no calves, little hand.
Jeez

Yes but what about off cycle?

Op is literally retarded.

no, you should keep your OHP the same weight as your Squat.

this means you have to do OHP every single day

calves are incredibly difficult to build up.

>You don't need big legs to be a good athlete
lol

In no way shape or form will I be benching 455 any time soon, friendo. I'm 100 pounds away from that goal
>tfw can't bench the squat weight, forever disproportionate

I bet you're fat, aren't you

This. I always OHP my squats to make sure my shoulders have legs

The train for strength, not size. Read the fucking comment lol

Jeff has good legs he just has ridiculously broad shoulders. His lower body will never compare width-wise

Yeah just look at all these athletes with their small legs

i balance my physique by making sure my legs don't get too large. whatever i curl, that what i squat.

Jeff is a calf-let tho

well since im 6'3 i intimadate a lot of ppl just by being big and staring at them

hard, round, gropeable butts.

Why is there always that guy who can only point out bad things

looks like you have tumors on your upper legs.. go get that checked breh

but those are small legs?

Calves are genetic.

>pros
>ever going off cycle

because training legs is harder than training upper body, and is much less rewarding in terms of aesthetics gained

wow this
crabs in a bucket, most of the people coming here are total losers with no redeeming qualities

how did you hurt shoulder so i can avoid it

99% of the people who fucktard on about this bullshit are retards who follow a plan that does the exact fucking opposite of that though.
99% effort and work is focused on or indirectly works the legs and you end up with huge thighs that suck up all of the test(which is a finite resource in your body)in your body to maintain it's mass and function.

Naturals have to make a choice. Even muscle distribution(which no one actually gives a fuck about, not even the people who make fun of people who only work their upper body) big upper body(which intimidates men and pulls bitches) or big lower body(which intimidates no one and makes you look like a woman).

Proportionlet kys

can't critique physique contenders for flaws in their physiques, got it

There isn't much to do about calves, though

he's just damage controlling since he doesn't want to admit Jeff has breddy good legs

>99% effort and work is focused on or indirectly works the legs and you end up with huge thighs that suck up all of the test(which is a finite resource in your body)in your body to maintain it's mass and function.
This is complete bullshit, just look at weighlifters and powerlifters.

Middle of my back hurts after squatting today. I felt a small tweak during the third set but did two more after just fine. Any ideas?

You mean the group that injects testosterone into their ass on a daily basis?

Yes, tell me all about the infinite supply of external testerone and god knows what else they fucking inject into themselves.

>roiding for this

>nearly + 2
>girls don't give e a flying about legs
this guy doesn't fuck, meaty hams and glutes or bust

Your form sucks

Probably also going to deep and losing tension in the hole. youtube.com/watch?v=OOaO0aG2x90

See how he loses all tension as he drops into the bottom (catch) position and then retenses on the way up? This is a part of weightlifting technique, yes, but is suboptimal for powerlifting as you are working with far greater loads, work on stopping just below parallell instead of descending further.

What do you look like

Here's a natty PL, doesn't look disproportionate at all to me, in fact he looks well-rounded and athletic.

>PL
>athletic

>Here's a natty PL, doesn't look disproportionate at all to me, in fact he looks well-rounded and athletic.
he would look good if he was clean shaven or had a goatee, why does he wear the shitty beard?

The fuck is the point of being in shape if you still deal with chub rub?

thanks ill work on it

If you ask me, that guy looks like he'd do well in any sport if he just put his mind to it, especially being that size helps.
who knows, maybe he was trying to grow a viking beard.

but simple. you need to train them everyday, multiple times.
3x20 calf raises for each foot three times a day.

t-nation.com/training/no-weights-calf-training

as a 6'0 200 lb powerlifter i can say thats beautiful

>Natty
Bitch, get your simple ass out of here.

fucking idiots i swear posting pictures in jeans or shorts where you can only see calves.

B-BUT HE SKIPPED LEG DAY!! I HURDDD TRAINING LEGSS IS COOL MAN!! HAHA ONLY PUSSY BOY DONT TRAIN LEG XDXDXD

Jeff has better legs than any of you will ever have even taking the same shit he does

Lets be real. He looks like shit.

>maybe he was trying to grow a viking beard

Nigger, his mustache doesn't even connect with his neckbeard.

People who dont know anything about lifting propably think you have big salamis or metal pipes or something in your pockets

mirin

lmao you can't even put aesthetics and this guy in the same sentence

He's an international level Norwegian athlete, which means he is subject to random doping tests at least once per month, I'd be curious to hear how you suppose he manages to avoid being caught.
Really? I think he looks strong, athletic and proportionate.
I didn't say it was a successful attempt.

big legs give you great symmetrical power but you fall apart when you're not moving in a straight line

thing legs are agile and generally more useful unless your life revolves around standing in place while holding 500 lbs

How much did he squat ?

>autism
>the post

>Why do so many guys not train their legs ?
Because they aren't a man

How much did he squat..?

youtube.com/watch?v=8yrUenyGeA4

this is what tyson did in jail lmao

>Thinking IFBB Men's Physique don't have legs simply because they pose in shorts

The shorts are there so they look like they don't have big legs and have a beach body.

Do curl bros use ancient rituals to transfer muscle from their calfs into their arms?

>strong
Yes.
>athletic
No.
>proportionate
No. He looks short and stumpy.

Same guy, in competition shape, posing with a semi.

>You don't need big legs to be a good athlete

then why do all elite football and rugby players have a donkey booty and thicc legs? n-no homo

I can't train legs too much because of fucking fat distribution in thighs, I'd become a TREX in no time

I don't train my legs. Guys who obsessively train legs, talk about leg day, talk about other peoples legs & skipping leg day are the biggest tools on the planet. They all fell for the leg day memes a few years ago and now think they're hot shit. In reality they look retarded. More so than the people they make fun of for not training legs.

uhh .. that is in proportion

.. what exactly is this thread about?

pussy excuse I bet you are not even close to 29'

>He's an international level Norwegian athlete, which means he is subject to random doping tests at least once per month, I'd be curious to hear how you suppose he manages to avoid being caught.

You still fucking believe that ANY fucking pro at any fucking level is fucking natty on any fucking level?

Are you fucking retarded?

Fucking look at him. He's on ridiculous amounts of gear.

>curlbro
>calling others tools for training their whole body
Ayyyyy

>be prison guard
>inmate keeps asking for a deck of cards
>he's actually behaving well, so you speak to the warden and eventually his got his deck
>go check on him to see if he's playing solitaire or doing some weird shank with the dec
>see an autist picking cards from the floor

having tree trunk legs and a SS-tier upper body admittedly looks retarded, but actually being big and having literal stick legs looks even more absurd.

The same reason why 99% of girls who aren't trained by their boyfriends only work legs and never their upper body.
Why bother on something you know the opposite sex doesnt care about and the same sex neglects too.

If I'm in the gym 3 days a week, why waste a day on legs? If I'm there 5 days, why make that into 4 days + a leg day where I'm making basically no gains for the muscles I care about. Why waste time training a muscle group just so insecure people wont pick on you?

Granted I've been working legs as long as I've been lifting, but I can definitely see why guys ignore it, just as I can see why girls neglect upper body.

But a guy with solid legs and glutes, along with a great upper body will always look better than guys with no legs.
Same way a girl who actually knows how to train and has a well shaped upper body will look better than a girl who just squats every day.

The main reason I train legs is so I can be strong enough to effortlessly carry around gf or sister on my shoulders. It's fun to be able to pick up people and stuff. It makes for a fun way to show off gains at events or parties without being a flexing asshole.
Also it's hilarious to play beer pong with a mate and run the table with him sitting on your shoulders the entire time.
That and I cant feel like a monster while I deadlift heavy ass weights without having strong legs.

>SS/SL powerlifting fag
>Implying your entire workout doesn't mainly focus around legs
>Implying you fags don't spit on anyone who works on or wants to work on their upper body

Go away. Adults are talking.

let's be realistic here. the people who have stick legs and can grow a big upper body are genetic freaks. your legs, unlike your upper body, have a naturally powerful stimulus built right into them. if you walk, run, jog, jump, ride a bike and do any kind of activity on your feet, your legs will already be far stronger than an untrained upper.

Carrying random people on your shoulder isn't a flexy way to show off?
Dude, looking good without a shirt on and with a shirt on doesn't make me an asshole. Being that faggot that says LET ME PUT YOU ON MY SHOULDERS!! MUH LEGS R REEEL STRUNG!! makes you look like a try hard.

2-3 sets of squats and 1 set of deadlifts A WEEK is more then enough for the average man.

Jeans are just plain uncomfortable for me to wear, now. I leave the belt loose and wear them as far down as possible otherwise they chafe.

Sweatpants bum master race.

>tfw girl next to me who squats more than me says I should put the bar lower
>implies mid bar but that doesn't feel natural and I can't even move it down
>leaning too forward as I do high bar squat
Is this even a problem ?

If you think putting your little sister on your shoulders so she can see over a crowd and actually watch a concert makes you look like a try hard, you've got some issues.

Any non autist wont be running around shirtless nor doing that bullshit you said every chance he gets. It's just fun to be able to do on occasion, when appropriate. You dont have to jump to either extreme, m8.

I like training legs but they are much bigger than upper, what can I do? I'm still squatting twice a week