/OWG/

Keep this thread alive longer than an hour edition

/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CpIHmJkF5bQ
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm also a vegan weightlifter like clarence but no where near as strong. Feels good man, making great gains, recovering fast, and not paying the you know-whos to torture and slaughter animals. meh

>veganism
>crossfit
Cancer like this is what is killing Oly Lifting

what happend to all the trips that used to post?

I think Panzer still exists but it seems most just stopped posting

he's usually in PLG

what age did clarence started cycling?

clarence just became vegan recently you won't even come close to what he is now.

Lads my entire posterior chain is too weak. Wat do?

squat

I would trip, but my lifts are unimpressive and I'm pretty new to Oly lifting.

No real coaches in my area bug there is a crossfit class, Should I fall for the meme to get some advice on the oly lifts?

anyone got the mobility pic?

also dropbox is not working.

Has anybody had success working deadlifts into their routine? Heavy deadlifts seem to wreck my back and I lose explosiveness for at least a few days afterwards.

How much do I need to lift to get a trip

What's a good exercise for practicing the third pull to the catch in the snatch. It's been nearly four months since I broke my right wrist and I've only been able to finally snatch close to my old numbers since last month, but my right wrist can't go into the catching position as fast as my left hand, making me miss lifts.

No amount of lifting justifies getting a trip

Maybe try snatching from high blocks? How'd you break your wrist?

Muscle snatch, hip muscle squat snatch, and tall snatches.

youtube.com/watch?v=CpIHmJkF5bQ

Links!
>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

Anons, I need some advise on stretching and flexibility. Specially shoulder flexibility.
I've been training for three months now and I feel I've made 5% technique progress.
>tfw I still snatch babyweight

Nigga I squat erry training and it's coming ahead, but I just meme through on my quad strength.
That's what has caused my problems in the first place.

>thinking anybody knows about clarence's **programming**

how new r u?

lowbar squats

Max Aita seems to have a very quad dominate squat, and he has pretty decent numbers What exactly are you being limited by your posterior chain in?

He hasn't shared his **programs** but any of his legit training routines he has shared always had amazingly high volume, which makes me believe he has been juicing for some time, even when he was in the lower weight classes a couple of years back. I don't know how someone would be able to squat 6 times a week, including high intensity and high volume throughout the week on top of snatches and clean and jerks almost every workout without burning himself out hard after just a couple of months. He's been doing routines like that for years and even killed his knee with it. Aside from his tendons he was able to recover from that shit.

sadly, one might add

t. literally just came here to plead for you to take him back

fuck no. you keep that cancerous retard

>be le strong powerfat man
>get injured (not important how)
>no lifting for quite a while, to finally start again physio recommends clean and press and snatch grip high pull with laughable babby weight
>u wot m8, but hey at least that means back to the iron
>try it
>upper body explodes in size and strength literally overnight, even with wayyy sub maximal load
>mfw

thank you based oly lifts

:(

but thought as much. not even as active as he once was, but still.

>crossfit
>advice
no, not even for advice. Especially not for advice.

Did this really happen or is it anti plg pro owg propaganda

Could be either.

But if he's coming off a long enforced layoff, pretty much anything would make him blow up.

nah i speak the truth, but as said it comes from the fact the only thing i lifted for close to a year was my dick to piss, so anything would have helped. am just glad my physio incidentally memed me into oly because i enjoy it tbH

high pulls ARE pretty based though no matter what

I jerk and clean my dick too, twice a day sometimes.

heh

well i was wondering if someone could estimate it

i think he started at 18-19 years old

Xfit Gets à bas trip because there are a lot of bad coaches out there (the only thing you need to open and use the xfit name is just 5000$ and go to a weekend seminar in California; ANYone can become a CrossFit trainer).

But there are good coaches out there, a few. My advice is to go and check what they tell you for OW. If it's retard, stop going. If it matches what you read in books and elsewhere, then stay. Having a coach will do wonders for your olyfts.

clarence used to do gomad and eat meat while he made gains, now he's vegan and just about maintaining his overall strength level while blasting gear. you wont get stronger as a vegan

Lads, I'm noticed I'm fucking up the third pull on the snatch and failing to keep the bar close because of elbow positioning. When I do snatch pulls this doesn't happen and my elbow positioning is good, but the second I decide to get under the bar I go back to throwing the weight forward. What can I do to address this? Muscle snatches?

? i been gone heeh

lel, i can snatch 110 and clean 140

at [spoiler] 82kg [/spoiler]

I was vegan a year before I started WL and i've only been training for 3 years. Also, the fact that clarence hasn't gotten smaller and HAS gotten stronger since going vegan, is a huge redpill to most retarded americans that a plant based diet is extremely beneficial for strength and endurance sports. In the current year, if you actually consume dairy you are an embarrassment and you don't belong on Veeky Forums. Seriously, there's a leddit weightlifting subreddit you should check out.

>In the current year

Tall snatches

Snatches from block

Nice, gonna try those next time. I warmed up today with muscle snatches and snatch pulls and it already helped reducing my horizontal displacement to the point where I did my last PR comfortably and looking good. I'm still just learning the movements, anyway.

Any tips on squatting lower for receiving the bar? Right now my snatches are more like power snatches, even though I have the mobility to go atg. Or is this an issue that should solve itself as the weights get heavier and I can't lift them as high?

>letting owg die

>Clarence hasn't gotten smaller and HAS gotten stronger since going vegan
you do realize that hes been pumping roids since he went vegan, right?

>Steroids
>Vegan
LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Stop shitting up the thread with vegan arguments

Thanks.

Nope. He started actual lifting when he was around 15

dropbox is not workin

Probably knee tendonitis, and issues in his pulls. He should probably do rdls.

Are you actually proud of those numbers? I started last fall (with desu a good background) and already hit them.

post video of lifts

i meant when he started taking roids i doubt he took them at 15

My pulls are okay; it's mostly balance in the dip and in the clean receive that's off.
Also exploding knees when I try heavy dippydrives.
I'll add some rdl the following weeks then. Thanks lads.

tbqh Behdad Salimi had a better lockout at Rio than Ilya did when he did 242 at Almaty.

>if you actually consume dairy you are an embarrassment and you don't belong on Veeky Forums
Do you know where you are?

Besides Clarence himself says that he found literally no difference when he switched from omni to vegan.

Clarence is weak

Fuck off i bet you dont even squat 2 plate you fucking DYEL faggot

Go and fuck Ron you fucking faggot

Tall lanky fag here

I've been going to the oly gym for a year +

I had to fix all kinds of mobility issues and shit in my back shoulders and arms

Coach says now he's read to teach me snatches

I've seen new guys come in and get way further than me in half the time. Feels bad man maybe oly lifting isn't for me? Anyone here go from complete trash to somewhat decent

Don't compare yourself to others. Chance is you'll never be competitive on even a national level. Do weightlifting because you like it.

Floating snatches (snatch high pull, sustain, pull under)

Keep at it until you do that one fast, beautiful snatch that makes you feel like all those webms, instas and youtube vids you're looking at.
The moment I had my first "good" lift, at

Fuck you I bet you snatch press like 180kg, you overachieving cunt.