Whats the Veeky Forums verdict on keto?

What's the final verdict, is keto a meme? Or is it worth doing, I've lost over 100 pounds and ive been stuck and i was considering going full meme to lose the rest of the fat.

It's psychologically easier for some people. There's very little evidence that it'll do more for fat loss than an equivalent calorie non-ketogenc diet (although it will do more for weight loss thanks to glycogen depletion). If you are going to do it, eat your damn veggies and keep an eye on your bloodwork if you're using it longer term.

Most people *see* it work better due to the initial water weight loss and *feel* it work better due to feeling full

But there is no reason not to just eat a balanced healthy diet and lose weight that way

i figured as much, I have trouble sticking to keto anyways guess i'll just keep going with what has been working for 100 pounds already.

thanks anons

>What's the final verdict, is keto a meme?

You'll lose weight the same way you'll lose weight doing additional cardio, however you'll often feel much more tired(most feel that way). You'll drop some weight quick, but can easily gain it back pretty quick

It's simply more easy to do a low carb diet than anything else.

what's the difference between keto and a low carb diet?

Keto is very low carb and low protein, very high fat.

Low carb is just low carb, which most people raise protein with.

Not him, but keto is low protein?
Shit, I've been eating only meat.

Keto after the first week is easy as fuck. Was prediabetic 3 months ago, now my counts are near normal, and I've dropped 60lbs with keto and IF.

Keto is sometimes praised because some people manage to maintain it better than a traditional diet.

are black beans keto?

Keto is usually considered no carbs or about as low as you can go on carb intake. Doing meat could easily be considered keto, just a more extreme form than what most do.

Low carb is just that low carb, and is usually more easier to manage and plan diet around.

This as well, most people are just paying attention to what they eat more so than people who just stuff stuff stuff

just do a psmf, fattie

As someone that cycles ketogenic, yeah. This is accurate.

good shit user, keep it up

it's good if you want to drop 15 or so pounds, anything over and you'll be constantly fatigued with acidic blood

this guy again.

How do you screw up this bad? Do you do any research?

Real keto is 90% fat, obiously nobody on Veeky Forums does it. But real keto is used only for certain medical problems.
Our low carb version of high fat, moderate protein diet is equaly fat burning like any healthy known to a man.
Looking leaner because no glucose in your muscles=no water, but also looking deflated.
Forget about intensive anaerobic activity.

Easier if you tend to overeat on carbs, you just eliminate them and no problem. Reasonable refeeds once a week would make it more optimal for someone who is lifting/doing sports/cardio, but you should wait a month until your first refeed. ( that's called "anabolic diet")

Good diet for people who cannot stay themselves from carbs, great for longer runs or cycling ( you cannot bonk ), but it's a hell to adapt to it and first few weeks to a month you'll be a useless sack of bones, muscle and fat.

The body can convert excess protein into carbs and maintain glycogen reserves.

You want to keep your protein intake moderate if you're doing keto. E.g. eat chicken thighs instead of breasts, or better yet fattier red meats.

Used periodically it has its place. Like many other meme diets.

what the fuck is real keto? as long as you are in ketosis you are doing keto you idiot

Nothing is that simple.
As long as you have ketones in you blood you are in ketosis.
But the amount of ketones on a 90% fat and our version is vastly different.
You should not do medical keto, but you would loose more fat on it.

Keto increases my test.
I'm at maintenance right now, but I do keto when. I need the test boost.