Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLjOg0DBjTo&t=174s
youtube.com/watch?v=dR1lyt8PsbQ&t=384s
youtube.com/watch?v=nKBCLcR82xQ&t=245s
youtube.com/watch?v=ptKDpj9AuWQ&t=338s
youtube.com/watch?v=KURLmHPMq8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Submission wrestling > Judo/BJJ

I prefer Judo to BJJ, though. Unfortunately, there are no Judo gyms in my town, so I've only had the pleasure of training for a few months. So I have tosettle for BJJ. I hate always starting on my fucking knees, even in "advanced" classes.

youtube.com/watch?v=gLjOg0DBjTo&t=174s
I like how the BJJ offers his pussy up every time

Sambo>Judo

objectively, BJJ > Judo

Judo practitioners with the exception of Ronda Rousey rarely have much success at the highest levels of MMA, and she's fighting soccer moms

you have Akiyama, Lombard, Parysian, and that's all I can think of at the top of my head

and old guy who just beat Rashad Evans

meanwhile you have tons of BJJ fighters at the top of each division, Werdum at HW, Jacare at MW, Maia at WW

it's really not even an argument

BJJ would be improved if pulling guard counted as a takedown for the opponent.

MMA is built for BJJ ground game. And Rhonda Roussey has always been weak as fuck.

>Rhonda Roussey has always been weak as fuck.
the whole division is a joke

not the bjj fag but do you think if the ring was twice the size would bjj be as prominent?

you do 100% BJJ and can probbably beat me 7/10 times on the ground. I do 100% judo and beat you 10/10 standing up.
If you want to win. i want you to get on your back and show me your pussy baby

you wouldn't even get near me manlet

Butt scooping in bjj is literally the dumbest shit ever. Any time some dude just sits on the ground like a little baby, he should be getting a penalty.

6 ft 5.
K

I like judo better than bjj, but I like stand up and footwork.
However, there is no realistic adult track for judo and bjj can be started no matter how old you are. If you are in high school, judo is better. Older than that, bjj is better. Because that's what the culture supports.

Freestyle wrestling > BJJ/Judo

It depends. For what purpose? Self-defense? If someone points a gun or show a knife at me I wouldn't use any of them.

its for when you don't live in a shithole country. doesnt apply to Americucks

You know the real difference is when people say dont do judo as you'll kill somebody but fully advocate BJJ because its 'safe'

Jujutsu>judo>bjj

>get in my guard bro

There is nothing to back up this claim and the original spirit of judo lives now in Sambo anyway. The Olympics were a cancer to judo as a sport.

>you have Akiyama, Lombard, Parysian, and that's all I can think of at the top of my head
>not based Yoshida
casual

pfpf.. yes in some areas.

Thats like saying "ohp>bench" yeah but you should do both.. fucking idiot

catch wrestling+wrestling+bjj is the goat combo
add muay thai and boxing for standup (maybe taekwondo too)

This is truth. Thinking one martial art is better than any other is backwards thinking that they did 20 years ago. Anyone that is good at combat sports just looks at them all with an open mind and tries to get something from everything. Judo has things to offer than BJJ doesn't and vice versa. Learn from both and who cares what is better.

Khabib, yoshida etc etc are judokas

Truth.
This is like comparing which gun is better for a fight: a revolver or a semi-automatic handgun.
They're both useful.

would be more prominent. easier to get up from against the cage

I like BJJ because I had to quit rugby because of an injury related to impact. Judo would rape me if I was getting consistently slammed.

I've never done judo though so idk how it feels.

How does judo compare to BJJ for cardio?

MMA is not built for the ground game, judo is just a shit martial art

the IJF turned it into a shitty kiddy point scoring martial art, total garbage, not effective in a real fight as proven by how few successful judokas there are in MMA

sorry you wasted 10 years to get your meme belt fag

Who gives a shit about its performance in mma, bjj looks gayer than wrestling and is a shit sport to boot.

Judo = wrestling for oldfags.

Wrestling > Everything

There is a reason wrestlers dominate MMA. A lot of wrestlers have 1 punch KO power.

>Woodley
>Hendo
>Mendes
>DC
>Rumble

Lol wing tsun > all.

>Judo>BJJ
Actuylly BJJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judo since Judo is copying bjj in everything bjj does, e.g.
youtube.com/watch?v=dR1lyt8PsbQ&t=384s
youtube.com/watch?v=nKBCLcR82xQ&t=245s
youtube.com/watch?v=ptKDpj9AuWQ&t=338s
Not only Judo is copying bjj, but as you can see, the copy is only a pale version of the original, some technical points are lacking, which make the technique rely on strenght and speed instead of technique, balance and timing.
For you to understand the video: Uki waza, aka Knee on bely is very impractical in Judo since it is difficult to score a proper osaekomi (25s immobilisation on the ground) with it. This not to say that the uki waza most used in Judo is a variation of this which is usable only with juji-gatame (armbar). So the guard pass leading to uki-waza is coming 100% from bjj and not from judo.
You showing a fight of a national ranked blackbelt against a blue belt at best to show your point?
Are you a fucking retard?

If any cunt try to answer me with this video of kosen judo match were the one of the bottom use his hooks in kind of different bjj guard, I answer SLX ... Yes it's japanese name is ashi garami, but never in Judo it ever close to be as developped as it is in bjj.
Implying winning the stand up fight is meaning full when you cannot stand on both your feet ...
None of them was ever in the top 5 but for Karo Parysian.
Khabib is 100% sambo and wreslting, but the overlap is greater than ever in former Soviet republic
Woodley...
fucking casual.
I like your style.
Why BJJ is superior:
.webm related.

This has got to be bait but lll take it. Judo was introduced to Brazil from Japan. Brazil made it all ground work. BJJ techniques all first existed as Judo techniques. There is nothing original about BJJ. Not that an armchair warrior like you would know that.

Ground is faster due to the rules.

>This whole thread

>bantamweight

I was 18 when I realized BJJ > Judo

Judo is a meme. A black belt can throw you to the ground if you're wearing a thick jacket, that's about it. They absolutely suck once they're on the ground, so if you toss a BJJ fighter, get prepared to have the tables turned and turned quickly.

>Judo was introduced to Brazil from Japan.
Yeah, tell me more about leg locks in Judo... or even better, their atemis, that you have to be a 5th dan to start to learn.
Still bait you noob?
There is a difference between knowing that a technique exist and fully mastering one. Bjj stand-up is laughable compared to Judo. Most of the basics come from Judo, but a lot was borrowed from wrestling.
The 3 kuzure from kibiszu gaeshi and the 3 from kuchiki taoshi added to morote gari won't ever be as developed as the single leg and double leg in wrestling where they originate from.
Yet calling Judo wrestling with pajamas is just showing how retard one can be.
Why cannot Judo recognize that Jiu-Jitsu (bjj in this case) is more than only Judo? Because great fighter did dominate the scene 130 years ago in Japan?
So why is not Judo as relevant as it was?
Yes Bjj in this area (not only this one, but not all areas) is better.

I don't really like either to be honest. Judo, from my experience, is a bit too wishy washy and is designed for one judo practitioner to fight another judo practitioner in a safe environment. Competition style.

BJJ is shit for anything involving more than one person, which in real life is a likely occurrence. Once you start locking up the cunt that was dumb enough to attack you first, his mates are already stomping your head in. Again, great for competitions, shit for reality.

I would much prefer to block any strike they may throw at me, take their arm and then throw them and then locking them up in a manner that will allow me to remain upright to deal with other threats, such as his mate that's about to come and open my skull up with a bat, whilst still controlling the downed attacker. From there all you have to do is tell his mates that if they don't stay right where they are, you're gonna tear his fucking arm off at the shoulder. If they listen and leave then you're good. If they don't listen and continue to advance, guess what. You're gonna tear his fucking arm off at his shoulder. Or at the very least break it, then it's just rinse and repeat until they either stop attacking you, or they're all lying on the floor with broken limbs/dead.

But both judo and BJJ are good in a competitive setting, but that's not really my background so I can't really speak about it.

>MMA is built for BJJ
>MMA is dominated by BJJ
>Because out of all the martial arts, BJJ comes out on top.
Kys

How am I a casual for stating facts? Woodley's overhand fucked up Lawler

Judo wins for cardio. grip strength and throws take alot out of you

>Implying winning the stand up fight is meaning full when you cannot stand on both your feet ...
you lie on your back and show me your pussy and watch me kick your fucking head off and stomp you into the dirt

>designed for one judo practitioner to fight another judo practitioner in a safe
generally speaking yes the Gi is important. i dont know about you. but humans wear clothes and jackets that provide the same grips. not to mention all the leg sweeps

>They absolutely suck once they're on the ground
bjj babies actually think this
Bjj is only popular because its so easy for fatties to learn

WMMA is trash, so you shouldn't even mention Ronda Memesey.
> the only successful fighter who uses judo: Dan Kelly, an Aussie grandpa

>so if you toss a BJJ fighter
you're knocked out or you have broken bones. shit even a Uchi-Mata can paralise you
youtube.com/watch?v=KURLmHPMq8w

Owning and knowing how to use a firearm > all martial arts

> yfw this is a guns free zone
> can't use guns xDD
> gets choked out by flying gogoplata

women's MMA is by and large a joke

>and she's fighting soccer moms
She was fighting soccer moms. She's not anymore and she knows it, that's why she's been such a faggot about her losses.

How about we train no gi where most of what you learn is useless and you have to watch as I shoot a lazy single just to enter my leg lock game that's illegal in your sport?

Bjj wear Gi's?

go back to your Karate class son

Do you even 10th planet, dawgity dog?

I'll take your ACLs in a take home box please

>thinking that because we cant use leg ground techniques in comp that we dont practice them
Pleb give me your conscious in a go bag

you don't know the difference between 50/50 and honey hole, good luck trying to spin out of a heel hook scrub

is this before you offer your pussy up to me by dragging your ass on the ground?
or after I drop you on your head?

Although I will always love Judo more, I hate all the traditionalism and focus on competition. When I first went to a BJJ gym, I got the impression that it's more "adult" like if that makes sense and the atmosphere was more chill but that just could be that specific dojo.

Anyway, I wish there were more people teaching "Freestyle Judo" that incorporates both but that'll probably won't happen for a long time.

In all its good to learn both but I'd rather pursue Judo a little more. I don't really intend to fight on the floor during a street fight. However it's still good to know in case.

>Person participates in a grappling sport where both parties agree to withhold any form of striking (and often slams)
>Show me your pussy, baby

It's like if we started playing Super Smash Brothers and you insisted that you HAD to be player 1.

If your out numbered your out numbered.

With any style. Striking, grappling, knifes, firearms.

It comes down to how many freinds you have in combat.

Dem asses, tho

I've consistently had my shoulder pop in and out of place everytime I shoot a single leg and my opponent sprawls. Anyone have trouble with shoulder shit? I had to cut my wrestling season short and I just aggravated it again last night.

ITT: People who do either a little judo, or a little bjj, but not both, or a lot of either.

It differs a lot between different gyms and their coaches how much you work takedowns in bjj. I cross train at a judo gym to get some take-down work in.

Having trained both for a while: after a year of training almost anyone can stop takedowns if that's all they're focusing on. So when I get paired with the guy who used to be a national judo champ at open mat at my bjj gym I'm OK with starting standing. But over time judo does give guys a CRAZY solid base. You are going to have a fucking hell of a time if they get a strong dominant position, and you'll struggle to sweep them.

Both sports have all the techniques, just different focuses. Stop arguing, start drilling, pussies.