QTDDTOT

Hasn't been one in a couple hours so I'm wondering if it's ok to do chin ups til I'm strong enough to do my pull ups for 5+ reps or if I should just do 3-4 reps

I'd recommend weighted pullups. Before I was only able to do three or four, but after adding just give pounds I was able to do five un-weighted pullups. I've also had some success with doing negatives if I can't do a full pullup.

*five pounds

Who here right handed but faps with the left?

I'm pretty happy with my gym routines, but how does this sound for a weekly routine?

Monday: Cardio
Tuesday: Gym (Back and Bis)
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Gym (Chest)
Friday: Cardio; Gym (Legs)
Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: Cardio: Gym (Shoulders and Tris)

Every cardio session is 1 hour on the treadmill, between UT2 and UT1.

Pulled a muscle in my upper right lat at work yesterday, it's only minor but hurts a bit when I breathe.

I want to go the gym to squat but not sure if it's a bad idea, should I try and give it a few more days or just lift.

Cutting and I'm stalling at low weights (115 OHP & 150 bench). Should I deload or are deload only recommended while bulking?

I tried it years ago because my forearm was growing and could see the different size in forearms when flexing.
I only stopped because it was never going to catch up to my right arm

How do I progress on OHP? Doing SS currently and at 42.5kgx5. Have tried 45kg but I can only do 2 reps. I've tried doing 35kgx10 for the past couple workouts now. 81kg btw

I only have a shit once every 3-4 days and they always clog our toilet up.
I forgot to speak to the doctor about it twice and my mum is irritated at me for forgetting.
Would it be easier to increase fibre intake?
My dad says that increasing fibre won't do much because "rice has a lot of fibre and that binds me up" so there's no convincing him there

whats the correlation between losing muscle and losing strength?
Since I started my cut i lost some strength, does it automatically mean i lost muscle?
Kcal deficit wasnt that big, about 500-900. and started at 205lbs 15-17%

Flush halfway through you absolute madman

Want to achieve younger Isley mode aesthetics.
I am thinking of running sheiko 29. Eating on a slight caloric surplus. Good idea?

>Kcal deficit wasnt that big, about 500-900
There's a world difference between 500 and 900 calories deficit. What was your average weekly deficit?

You haven't read the book or even the instructions on how to deal with stalling.
You have to attempt a weight for 3 workouts. After stalling 3 times, you deload to 90% of the weight. (45*.9=40.5 ~40kg) and then you start progressing as usual.

how do I get some pep in my step?

>have yesterday off
>do some errands in the morning
>lunch with mom
>do a work out
>play vidya on the couch
>get a full 8 of sleep
>get to work
>fucking drained and don't want to do anything.

PS already had coffee, and a large breakfast

What is a good doorway pullup bar?

Any good routines for home workouts with no equipment? I can't afford a gym membership right now but I don't want to use that as an excuse to not work out, is there any good routines for a beginner or is it unrealistic to expect any good results sans gym equipment?
>pic very much unrelated

is it normal for my bench press to stall as often as it does? I just stalled again on 175 lbs for 5x5. I stalled previously at 165 and did pyramid sets on the incline bench to break it, but this doesn't seem normal for my weight.
>5.11 172 lbs.
>Currently maintaining cuz I don't want to put on any more fat.

I had an old Golds Gym one that was basically a bar you could extend the distances of, and it came with two mounting brackets for the doorframe you had to screw in.

That was by far my favorite, and most reliable

But, I couldn't find another one like it, so now I have one of those ones you just slap up there, and it only fit in one of my doorways, and it ripped the frame down after about 6 months of use.

If you can find a bracket hardware type go for that, but the leverage ones work too, if you don't mind a little damage.

probably 4500-5000

I want to ad barbell shruggs to my pull day, I've never done them before.

How many reps, sets and where to place them?

Deadlift 3x5
Pull ups
T-Bar Rows 3x12
Cabel rows 2x12
Cable Curls 3x12

I bought some yohimbe and i was wondering, how much i should take for fat burning. Also I keep reading about dangerous side affects, but I've never heard in person of anyone feeling them. How much should I take

Utter dogshit. Read the sticky.

Can someone please rate this routine? It's basically a PPL but with delts on leg day

ABCABCx

Chest / triceps
>3x5 Flat barbell bench
>3x10 Pec deck
>3xF Dips
>3x10 tricep pushdowns

Back / biceps
>1x5 Deadlift / 3x5 bent over row
>3xF Pull ups
>3x10 seated cable row
>2x10 hammer curls
>2x10 isolation curls

Legs / delts
>3x5 overhead press
>3x5 squat
>3x10 lateral raise
>3x10 leg curls

How many cals are you consuming? You might be cutting too harshly. Or alternatively, you could progress weekly, using a volume/light/intensity format such as texas method. While TM is recommended for intermediates, you can still make progress on it with a caloric deficit at the weights you are on. Personally though, unless you're fat as fuck, I would suggest clean bulking and cut later. You will get few opportunities as a beginner to make linear gains.

.2mg/kg of BW taken with 200mg of caffeine 15 minutes to a half hour before LIGHT intensity steady state cardio

Rowing for weight loss
Is 3 times per week enough?
Is just rowing continuously for 30 minutes getting faster and intense near the end good enough "plan", or should I go for something more fancy with sprints, breaks and so on?

google hundred pushups
gains are calling

So basically, jogging? Is there any time limit to how long I should do steady cardio, will half an hour be fine? thank you btw

some Veeky Forums guru pls respond

Right now I'm cutting at 1700 cals a day when I am 5'8 @ 168 lbs, fairly sure I'm around 20 - 25% bf. On most calculators my sedentary TDEE is usually around 2200 - 2300 (I'm doing that reddit ppl so including exercise for 6 days seems to shoot the tdee up by 500 cals).

I already look fairly fat and I don't want to end up in a position where I am hesitant to take my shirt off during the summer, so I'd really rather not bulk at this point.

2.5 mg per kilo , I weight 270 at 6.3 so I took 22.5 mg aka 9 pills , took it after waking up with a flask of water and a caffeine pill then walk 20 mins and it it do it's thing , the under effects are horrible , you feel nauseous and void inside , like a queasy feeling , also if your heart suddenly speeds up then stand still and breath deep , I heard ppl getting random erections from it , so you don't eat 4 hours before and after taking it but the effects won't wear off at least 4 hours after eating something, start with 1 pill and work your way up . Does it work ? Hell yea it does

If you started fat get used to the idea of loose skin , the only thing left for us is bear mode, work lats alot if you have handles

Is starting at 191 lbs at my height enough for loose skin.
I have been fat all my life

triceps(if youre doing barbell OHP) and front delts gets twice the frequency compared to rear delts and biceps.
changing lateral raises to a rowing movement or pulling movement that heavily involves the biceps.

and you 3 exercises that work the pecs, 1 muscle. compared to 2, sometimes 3 exercises which work the whole back. The back consists of so many different muscles, and have so much more volume. It would be better to work more back.

other than that it seems fine.

are compounds + hanging leg raises enough for ab and oblique work ?

Could I effectively replace breakfast and lunch for a ~260 calorie protein shake and eat a ~400 to 600 calorie dinner while keeping healthy?

What pressing variation should I do tomorrow? Not feeling bench because of slight pec weirdness, if I had to I could, don't see the point rn. I'm gonna do rack pulls and weighted chins so far, already did behind the necks Wednesday. Anything better than ohp? It's a little boring desu

which row variation is the best for lat development please respond

its enough for abs
But not for obliques, Unless you do heavy dumbell rows as a compound.

well and is it needed? I'm at low bf and my V line isnt there unless I flex my belly/abs which makes everything pop out

I want to get into lascek mode but it seems even at 13%bf theres still no v line

You only got overhead press variations if your pec is struggling.

The one you can use the most weights with the elbows close to youre body.

Just get big and strong. How much of a V-line you will get depends on your anatomy.
Training to obliques can help, but dont overdo it.

Trash. 1x weekly bro splits are garbage.

Pardon me if I'm wrong but isn't lateral raises the only thing really hitting rear at the moment? Wouldn't removing them increase the disparity?
Also, what do for rear delts? Upright bb rows?

Your dad is a retard.

Eat a high fiber breakfast every day. Like a triple serving of oat bran (18 grams of fiber) or oatmeal (12 grams). There lower calorie fiber bars out there that have 9-12 grams of fiber in them. Have one of those around midday. Eat a couple servings of beans and lentils at dinner for another 10+ grams.

Drink lots of water. Drastically increasing your fiber intake without getting adequate water will fuck you up.

Can someone recommend a good shake I can make with a blender? I'm having a hard time eating enough calories so the more calories the better.

> what do for rear delts?
You have rear delt flyes, any rowing movement heavily involves rear delts, chin-/pull-ups.

Lateral raises doesnt do much for rear delts anyways.

Whole milk. You can easily add half a liter whole milk to every meal. Or start easy with just a glass. If you need more kcals then add chocolate powder. If you need more kcals and protein then add protein powder to it.

drink one teabag of a senna(senes) tea and your colon will start working again

how do I get my maintenance calories up? I got shredded as fuck, just need to lose 2kg of fat for 10% bf but my maintenance is only at 1992 right now

Shit used to be like 2.5k when I was kinda fat

The only things determine your caloric needs are activity and weight. If you lose weight, you need less kcals.
The only way is to lower your kcals or increase your activity.

What is the exchange ratio of high bar squats to front squats?

How shit is my routine? 3-4 times per week at ABABAB cycle, with rest days whenever I don't have the time to hit the gym.

A
5x5 Deadlift
5x5 Bent over barbell row
5x5 Overhead press

B
5x5 Flat bench press
5x5 Squat
2xMax Pull ups
5x5 Bicep curls

Looking to improve this, been doing this for 2 months now.

Whenever I do forearm planks what stops me isn't my core but my shoulders. Is it because I am pushing downward too much?

this is a besterized version of SS.
Heres whats wrong with it:
-Triceps get NO rest at all. Muscles needs ~48hours
-Your legs gets NO rest at all
-Why are you doing 5x5 deadlift? Squats are better for increasing your deadlift. Thats why SS only has them every second workout
-Triceps gets twice the frequency compared to biceps.
-Pecs doesnt get much work at all, unless youre barrel chested. Even then its not worked as often as other muscles.

Have a rest day between workouts when you do full body. Your muscles grow outside of the gym, and your program is very unbalanced
Other well made programs would be better.

Im on day 5 right now and feel great, is there a reason I couldnt move to the day 8 dosing for a couple days and depending on sides move to day 15 after that? I just want to know if im dosing for 15 days to build a tolerance or is it okay to up it based on how I feel?

>besterized
I really don't understand how you could even type that.

I understand it varies widely between people, but for an average jackoff, is 180 lbs at 10% bf when 5'9 height barefoot as a natty quite possible and reasonable as an end goal? What should expectations be tapered to?

How is your TDEE less than 2,000 kcal? Are you an adult male? Do you weigh like 120 lbs? Do you not workout?

>5x5 deadlifts 3 days a week
This is why beginners shouldn't try to make their own special programs.

At 5`9 you can be almost 100kg with 10% bodyfat, if were talking about the genetic limit. Maybe more, maybe less.

I'll bump my question
also alternating those 3 days with rowing with 3 days with pushups (like the hundred pushups plan ) seems like a decent idea?

177cm
65-66kg(been having too many special ocasions each weekend fucking up this past 3 weeks in weight loss)

lifts all above intermediate and some advanced level iirc

that's massive. would that number apply only to people who have exceptionally gifted genetics?

The most important part for weightloss is diet. Have ONLY a 500kcal deficit. Because when you stall you can lower the numbers. Which you cant if you start with a too big deficit.

People in the gym rarely gets close to their genetic limit. People with exceptional genetics can get fucking huge.

I do actually, i feel my right hand is too controlled so I go left and it feels smoother.
Rowings awesome but will tire you and prevent you from doing any other exercies.
Fruit, peanut butter, whey, milk. Blend it.

Frogot to mention I rarely do two days in a row, so there is a day between the routines. Also it is the stripped 5x5 mentioned on the sticky.

SS with Curls on the day youre not doing chins and chest isolation on the OHP day would be more balanced.

If you want more volume then add a 4th set of 8 reps with less weight on upper body compound lifts.

yeah, I know.
I've cut down all the snacking, sweets&sodas, I drink alcohol like once every few weeks or even less. Counting exact calories isn't exactly my strong suite I must admit, partially because I usually buy lunches at the cafeteria in my workplace instead of making them on my own, but I try to pick things not to large and healthy-ish looking.

Still my main question is: is just rowing for 30 minutes with picking up pace when end is in sight good enough, or is doing a some sort of sprint/break/sprint/break... routine significantly more beneficial in some way?

Why do I feel db flyes more in pic related, than in my chest properly? I never really did db flyes, but they're a staple in my new program.

Because despite what some tards here say the chest is three muscle heads. The top is hit with flies and incline, the mid is flat bench, and lower is decline bench.

I hurt my back 5 weeks ago in a squat. It was probably bad form, because it was a warm up squat and I was in a hurry. Made it worse by exercising (Crunches in particular) a week and a half later.

Anyone have experience with this? I have a considerable pain if I put my spine into far extension, otherwise it's pretty manageable as long as I keep my back straight and stretch occasionally. I bought James McGill's book on back recovery and I've been following it with stretching, but I haven't worked out for real since then.

I want to restart my fitness. I found a powerlifting gym about 25 minutes from home and I'm considering going whole hog and getting coaching there (particularly someone to be a complete nazi about form to me) if I go in and like the place. I'm not sure if this is how I start my recovery or ruin myself forever however.

Why do I get numbness/cold tingles in my back during/after lifting? I've been lifting for a few months now and whenever I pull my shoulder blades all the way back or move a certain way a cold itch will shoot through my whole body.

It's difficult for me to count calories.

How hungry should i feel on a -500 cut?

I have a noticable and constantly empty feeling in my stomach and have a shorter temper, not sure if that means im going over.

Anyone know the proper form for face-pulls? Looking online I've seen conflicting information on whether you should pull from below the chest and your elbows should be above your hands or whether you should pull from above your chest and your hands end up above your shoulders.

strange things are happening to me. when I lie in bed my heart wants to beat faster. like when you are rally high on caffeine or just binged on sugar. but my brain is actively keeping it down, so when I focus on just let the heart do whatever it wants the heartbeat goes up. wtf is wrong with me.

arrhythmia, get it checked and reset

My dad had it at 64 but it can happen to young people too. If you dont fix it you can just die randomly.

Sounds like a nerve issue in your spine but I'm just guessing

>I have a noticable and constantly empty feeling in my stomach and have a shorter temper
I get like that when cutting, I hate it so much I just recomp or cut really slowly

well it doesnt feel like Im missing a beat or anything like that. just that my heart wants to beat hardcore but my brain doesnt let it.

Irregular heartbeat is literally what it is, you cant tell if it misses a beat really

My dads been working out for 30 years and is the definition of bear mode. I havent worked out for him for a few years and when I was back for spring break we lifted. I was doing 4 sets per exercise and says I should be doing at least 8 sets. To clarify my dads big as shit so I feel like he knows what hes talking about.

>TLDR
Is 8 sets per exercise too much?

Your dad has massive work capacity and he's more then likely lifting well below his 80% max.

You do not, you'll have to drop the weight to do that much work and not completely kill yourself.

Is getting a bicep pump twice a day better or worse for growth? Already hitting arms at the gym twice a week

How do rest periods work? Don't different muscle groups require different amounts of rest?

There is no official textbook form set forth by the International Facepull Committee. As long as you're doing external rotation pulling your elbows back to work your rear delts, it's fine.

More sets is more gains. That's why programs like Sheiko work. They do take more time.

The most efficient work out possible (most gains for a given amount of effort) would be simply doing 1 set of 70-80% to failure a couple times a week. Most EFFICIENT and most EFFECTIVE aren't the same thing though. It's more EFFECTIVE to do more sets.

maybe stupid question: what are the symptoms for having really high test?

Is it unhealthy to do heavy rotator cuff exercizes?

When I do sit ups I dont feel it in my abs, but more in my lower back. Am i doing it wrong? How should I do it/how to work abs?

>Don't different muscle groups require different amounts of rest?
Yes, good rule is the bigger it is, the longer it needs. Biceps are really fast, calves are extremely fast. Back and legs need a bit more time. You can do bis twice a day but probably better to do it every 24 hr period.
yes
situps suck, dont do them.

Acne

So what should I do to work abs?

after reading around Im pretty confident that all the shit Im experiencing is linked to my cut and all my cardio. but I will make sure and see a doctor when I finish my cut.

I exploit the spotter when doing sit-ups and just use my legs a lot so i can get more reps in 2 mins

let the muscle heal. wait for the pain to go away before you stress it more. Lats aren't prime mover or anything in the squat, but they play a part in keeping your body braced against the bar correctly. why risk turning a minor injury into a major one?

I was thinking of doing the following routine on a ABABABABABAB basis, 3-4 times per week with sometimes two days in a row. What muscle groups am I not hitting or hitting too often? What should I remove or add?

A
Barbell Bench Press 5 x 5
Barbell Curl 2 x 5
French Press 2 x 5
Overhead Press 5 x 5

B
Bent Over Row 5 x 5
Dead Lift 5 x 5
Squat 5 x 5
Standing Calf Raise 2 x 5
Pull ups 2 x Max

ab roller, planks. Many gyms have a crunch machine with adjustable weights, that is better than actual crunches as its done siting up. If they dont, get a yoga mat and kneel infront of a cable machine and wrap the tricep pulldown around the back of your neck and pull down with your abs. Kinda awkward but will do in a pinch.

Stop posting "ABABABABAB" when you mean 3-4 times a week. What you actually mean is AxBxAxx BxAxBxx or something similar.

Do more than 2 sets of curls and french presses.

Don't do 5 sets of deadlifts.

Do more than 2x5 calf raises. They respond better to high reps, high volume. Like 4x15.