Tries 225lb squat for first time

Tries 225lb squat for first time
Got 5 reps

Good feels thread

Watched some guy quarter squat 5 reps at 225 lb. guy seemed pretty happy about it so I didn't say anything.

Golds gym Alexandria va?

>tfw grill at front desk smiles at me when I walk into gym
>smile back
I think I've finally made it boys

>Strict pressed 1pl8, 2 reps

Op here. Already so the press 1pl8 5x5

Lost 6,5kgs since christmas.
6 pack now visible.
Kept my strength.
Still months until summer - I'm finally gonna be shredded for summer.
Feels good!

I'm still working on my form. I've done 1pl8 but it was by no means strict but it wasn't a push pull either

>Chad texts her an unsolicited dick pic
>She sees his girth and breaks out in a grin
>Chad: lets get pizza later
>She giggles and looks up
>Husky poorly shaven dude in a hoodie and gym shorts
>He smiles like he's happy for the first time in a long time
>Her smile goes away, she looks back at her phone and sends a reply

lel

Squatted 1 pl8 for the first time last week. Perfect form.

Now I'm 1/1/1/2

Man I hate this website. You couldn't let me have my one win..

She was on her phone too. Fuck..

Hope yuo went ATG and paused at the bottom for maximum gains.

hahahaha

>be receptionist
>thinking about this guy who always comes into the gym
>he seems interesting but never talks to me
>one day he comes up to the desk and smiles at me
>I smile too but he's out of my league.
>I mean he works out like everyday
>pull out phone as an excuse to get out of convo

Finally unfucked my sleeping schedule- went to bed at 11 p.m. last night, been up since 7:30 a.m.; have the whole day to be productive, and actually leave the house for reasons other than to go to the gym late at night

Congrats senpai. Keep the lifting up, next thing you know it'll be 315.

lmao it's her job to smile at you

For some reason, I highly doubt that you can military press 1pl8 five times with good form based on your other lifts.

I was one if those with the whole "squatting bad for your knees" mentality so I picked up the lift late. I surpassed my bench though

Wait a second. You mean the 1/2/3/4 thing is for 5 reps? I thought it was 1RM??

It's whatever you want it to be. I take it as working reps but it doesn't matter.

that doesn't mean it feels any less good faggot.

No it's rpm.

it should you cuck

>cuck
drink bleach you baby fucking kike

Can I be your friend, even if I have down syndrome?

My squat/ DL isnt that great either since I have bad knees/ ankles, but for you to be doing Military Press with as much weight as you can Bench is suspect.

I imagine if you do standing Military press-- which is the only one that counts-- you are pushing through your knees some or aren't taking the bar all the way down to your collar bone.

Yea I couldn't do 1 OHP until I was at 2 for BP.

Yeah, I bench 235x5 for three sets and I am struggling after doing two sets of 1pl8 military press.

>pause squatted 365
>cute ginger chick with a big butt smiled @ me
as soon as I get my braces off I'm gonna ask her out

Idk dude. My shoulders just grow at a much faster rate than any other part. To do well on ohp you have to go until you are at that feeling where the bar is half an inch above your forehead and you spend 20 seconds right there struggling to lift it higher.

Do people actually squat at your Gold's? I went to two different Golds in Fairfax Station and Merrifield and I never saw more than 5 people squatting over 225lbs at both locations.

A lot of people do heavy ass squats here

Not that guy but I used to go to a gold's gym in San Jose that had a bunch of squat racks. People were squatting all the time. I saw some guy squat 5 pl8 there once.

>pressing 1pl8
>happy about lmao2pl8 squat

really makes u think!

I squat ~2.5pl8 and DL ~3pl8. I don't know if I can increase those numbers much though since I have shitty knees/ankles.

I 1/2 for reps with OHP and Bench though.

>5'10" 159lbs

Hmmmm, I saw one other dude at Merrifield who could squat, he put up 405x3. The only other people that I saw actually squat there put up 225 at most.

I go to my school gym now, GMU, and it's nice seeing people actually squat regularly. I lift with the powerlifting team though so makes sense that I see lots of people squatting regularly now desu.