/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Done your cardio today, fatty?

Morbidly dead thread: Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
(Cross-thread)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/ejcn/journal/v67/n8/full/ejcn2013116a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you guys do for hobbies? Losing weight doesn't exactly take much time and I don't want to play vidya anymore

>fat
>hasn't gone keto
pleb fucking shits

>there's a benefit to keto other than increased insulin sensitivity
>there's a reason to do keto if you're not pre-diabetic
nah

HIIT vs. LISS

Discus.

Lately i've been enjoying photographhy a lot.
I'm still shit at it, but it's really fun, and i walk a lot during practice.

i work out, until i literally can't feel my own arms and sweating, then i play hearts of iron for few hour, make memes, then go to bed.

the majority of people don't know much about the differences between these.

only that running is good.

I know nothing about the differences between them.

>skimming the wiki entry
>entirely missing the point that in ketosis, mitochondrial energy production is based primarily on the oxidation of fatty acids, vs oxidation of carbohydrates, thus resulting in almost the entirety of your energy needs coming directly from fat, minus the small amount of protein consumed in gluconeogenesis, which is used to fuel the brain and other neural tissue.
>being this terminally retarded

>burning fat and carbs is somehow worse than burning just fat

>you somehow burn extra fat even when the amount of calories you consume stays the same

I'm just gonna assume you're the same ass-damaged dragon dildo wrangler from the last thread.

>implying people trying to loose fat shouldn't concentrate on losing fat
>implying I said anything about caloric intake
lrn2reading comprehension

I study for college or play vidya

>>implying people trying to loose fat shouldn't concentrate on losing fat

Do you know how your body stores carbs brother? as fat.

so as long as you're eating at a caloric deficit and maintaining adequate protein intake you will be losing fat.

are you trying to post b8?

Read a book nigger

nature.com/ejcn/journal/v67/n8/full/ejcn2013116a.html

day 8 on keto
1500 to 2000 cals a day
no more than 20 carbs a day
fill full , this seems too good to be true
weighed 349 at doc the other day
this morn my scale says 345
on a diff topic , last nights episode of my fat 600 pound life made me rage
ow my leg!!!!!!

Don't worry there is that vegan thatll cite ncbi report on the keto diet as well. Funny its the only source. While there are more sources and even a documentary that loosely ties to ketosis and the changes over the food pyramid

>it's good for diabeetus and vagina diabeetus

wow

MILK

how the hell do you fill 2000 calories worth of cheese and bacon?

Hoi 4? I just finished a playthrough of the soviet union. Germany did its normal historical shit, except this time barbarosa was quashed and the Soviets took all of Germany including poland and parts of france. After Hitler was kaput a conventional land invasion of japan had to be realized, as all british and american landing were being repelled. It took about 180 days of preparation but I managed to land 300 divisions on Japan. Forgot to mention I was building nuclear reactors in like 1941 so I had a stockpile of nukes. Fed Japan nuke after nuker after nuke until theit infrastructure was pebbles. Due to the peace treaty the ussr was able to annex all dutch territories so I got all the east asia colonies with rubber and oil imports. Emerged as a new world power and started building missile silos in western europe and securing the duch east indies. New German Republic joins the Commintern.

stop responding to my gifs loser

KETO is a good deal because it also crushes your appetite. Youre simply not hungry.

Its a good deal.

I was supporting them you faggot

Just google keto cookbook. I do keto yet i eat no bacon or cheese at all.

Day 150 in My Fitness Pal tracker
>haven't felt the need to blog or brag about my diet
>just been making better choices overall and still living life
>conscious about macros and calorie intake
>still drink beer, eat pizza, and order fries once in awhile
>still losing weight
>dropping pant sizes
>building muscle

Why do a fad diet, when you can just make some smarter choices with the diet you already have?

>I was supporting them
try doing things less autisticly from now on.

This is true. But you have to want to stop eating. I still have bad eating habits even though I lost 35 pounds. I have to listen to what my mind says and stop and chug tons of water to get that old feeling of eating till full

Nope
When i see big tits i think milk
Her fucking shirt said mega milk dude

Maybe you havent been on long enough or are still getting to many carbs. I can resist food so easily now not only cause im fuller but i just dont crave the sugar anymore.

>lose 25kg and gain some muscle
>get mires from girls

If this is just the beginning my life is gonna be bee-uh-tiful.

I can say no to a bunch of stuff too. Problem is once I eat I want to eat a lot. After wards I can go a while without eating. I do keto and IF. But there are few days out of the each month where I don't make my meal family brings some delicious garbage

>brings some delicious garbage
I think its fine to cheat once you get to your goal weight. Until youre there you shouldnt id say.

is it weird to feel proud of stuff like turning down a complimentary biscuit?
I don't feel like that is behaviour worthy of pride
it's actually really pathetic now that I think about it

blogging and bragging makes for great motivation though, plus here we actually encourage that. Show us your MFP weight loss progress.

I was 225 wanted to get to 200. Finished before the end of that month, so I set to 180 and I'm nearly there, 10 more lbs.took longer since I had to eat a bit more since exercising. And now I want to get to 160.

Come one nigger, it's a small step but you have overcome your inner fat.

That's about 200 calories less for that day.

Keep on trucking motherfucker.

>eating a deficit for ages
>can't imagine having to eat at maintenance
what's going to happen when I hit my goal?
2000~ is a lot to eat in a single day, not sure I can/want to

>160.
Dude are you a woman or a midget?
Id say get to 180 and then try to maintain that weight and really put effort into lifting.
Wayyyy better than cutting down and then re-bulking

what's your goal? It will be far easier than you think. You don't even have to eat maintenance every day, just a couple beers and a pizza on the weekend and you'll have made up for it.

>2000~ is a lot to eat in a single day
you managed to do it before which is why you got fat.

Nah, be proud of yourself. It's lots of little steps like that which make normies normal weight.

Midget ;-; 5'5

that's the bulk of the problem right there
I don't want to turn into one of those skinny fucks who will not eat because they're terrified on putting the weight back on

>Midget ;-; 5'5
Oh well than ya 160 might be right

>I don't want to gain weight
> I don't want to be anorexic though
>>there's literally no middleground

m8 you're fucking dumb

>tfw cardio time, I have nothing else to do, and I'm still slow about leaving
WHERE IS THE MOTIVATION FUAAAARK

>MOTIVATION
doesn't exist past the 3rd week.

you're better off learning to willpower

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed my earlier post

(you)
>>eating a deficit for ages
>>can't imagine having to eat at maintenance
>what's going to happen when I hit my goal?
>2000~ is a lot to eat in a single day, not sure I can/want to

(me)
>2000~ is a lot to eat in a single day
you managed to do it before which is why you got fat.

(You)
that's the bulk of the problem right there
I don't want to turn into one of those skinny fucks who will not eat because they're terrified on putting the weight back on

(me)
>I don't want to gain weight
> I don't want to be anorexic though
>>there's literally no middleground

m8 you're fucking dumb
>>
I might be projecting but you sound like you're saying
you don't want to go back to eating 2000 calories because it's a lot of food
but you also don't want to be anorexic

oh, so you are just retarded

yeah m8, so are you though.

I try not to let it bother me

>tfw everyone is pissed off in these threads
cutting anger is real

yeah, low blood sugar.

Germany always does jackshit in my playthroughs. theirs been games where fucking Italy took all of France and did semi decent in Africa, while Germany just wasted all their troops and gained very little ground before getting BTFO'd by the soviets. also japan doesn't do much. i wish they would fucking attempt to make the game little more even on the axis side. the war usually ends time its 1942, always resulting in an Allies victory. even when i play as a country like Spain or Brazil or some shit, and try to aid the Axis, we still always lose. i hope the next DLC adds in some more shit, for the Axis like it did for the commonwealth nations last dlc. its a fun game, but if it wasn't for the Mods, i probably wouldn't do more then 30 hours before getting bored

5'8" 190 lbs here. Looking to lose some weight while staying lean (dont wanna look skinny just fit) Sticky says if I want to lose weight I should eat around 1900cals but I've been eating 1500 or less and feel perfectly fine (I eat a lot of vegetables and low calories high protein foods) Im worried I'm not getting the right amount of nutrients I need to stay healthy, should I increase my calorie intake or is anything below 1900 OK?

1500 is fine you're only 5'8''

>HoI4
>not HoI3
reddit is that way, fellas

Anyway, so if I jog 11km/day and burn 1100 cals each time, then every week I burn an extra kilo ON TOP of what I was burning just by cutting? Seems too good to be true. Have I calculated something wrong here?

pic related, losertown seems to agree and that only takes half the time required.

>TDEE is 2500
>I should be eating 2000 calories a day
>ate less than 1500 for a week
>gained 5lb

Maybe my TDEE is wrong...? seems like a lot of weight to gain while trying to lose...

Are you working out? Maybe building muscle faster then burning fat?

Hey guys, I'm trying to lose weight I'm 180 cm, 132 Kg, but I really hate cardio, I'm not tottaly lazy, I walk a lot from home to my job and viceversa, Can I expect good results only by lifting weights and counting my calories (eating well)? btw. I'm building my own gym at home.

just coming up to six months
in that time I've;
>lost 107lbs
>done cardio for 43.5 hours
>consumed 159,900 calories
>eaten over limit 11 times
>eaten chicken wraps 88 times
>eaten pizza 11 times

spreadsheets are fun

Why does a cheat meal always make me lose weight? Whenever the scale isn't moving, I'll eat something shitty and the next day I'll be down like 2-3lbs. Probably has to do with water retention but I have no idea.

Yeah but your not gonna be healthy

Did no cardio, ate carbs everyday, ate peanut butter everyday. this was about 11 months difference. Eat right and train consistently and you can lose it.

If you guys want to lose weight and muscle QUICK just eat at 450 calories a day. How can anyone be fat when you can drink one formulated complete meal replacement a day and lose all your weight healthily?

why cover your tattoo in one but not the other.

Anime
Manga
Books
Vidya
Lifting

is there really anything else in life to do

but soylent turns you gay

>lose all your weight healthily?
yeah man, good luck with your skin.

So nothing would change for you, it's the perfect plan.

This is the most retarded shit ive ever seen a new person post.
You mis counted on calories.

you look siq man props to you

I'm 5'10", 243. I lost a bunch of weight pretty consistently the last few months, but the last week I've fucking plateaued. I've stayed the exact same weight for 7 days. I eat around 1,500 calories a day and exercise a few times a week.

How do I get out of this hell?

Also 5'10. I was stuck at 240 for a long ass time, dropped down from 300.

Workout harder at the gym, count calories better, don't cheat as much. Now I'm stuck at 225-230.

Life is hell.

>healthily
>lose all your muscle
enjoy your 1000 TDEE after you have finished dieting

fellow fatmans how do you deal with your thighs? since i have carried arround so much weight my thighs are thicc as fuck and its weird looking honestly

I lost weight and they were the first things to go away.

Two separate photos I put together. Didn't noticea

What the fuck do i do i have been cutting on my food i have been doing cardio 3 days a week why am i only losing 1 pound a fucking week

1lb a week is healthy pajeet.

If you'd done cardio though you'd probably be a fair amount slimmer, on top of the muscle you seem to have gained. Great work though.

That being said, shaving your beard was the best decision you made, although your face in general has improved quite a lot.

Can protein shakes be used as meal substitutes for breakfast/lunch? Need around 1500 cal intake, shakes about 260 and I eat about a ~300-600 cal dinner

You sure buddy?
Also what is the best cardio exercise? i do cycling

Sure, why not. If you're eating 1500cals sometimes protein shakes are the best way to get enough protein and stay under the limit.

I lost about 60lbs in 11 months. Didn't need cardio.

>tfw nobody answered me but I'm going to try it out and let you all know the results
see you in 2 months

Yes absolutely, as long as you get protein from actual food sometime in the day too.

1lb-2lbs a week is where you want to be when losing weight. Except your first few weeks, which typically people can lose 5lb-10lbs in a week due to water weight and drastic changes.

Im worried I wont get enough macros though, is that a stupid concern?

Yes. The whole point of protein shakes is to get enough protein. You don't really need to worry about fat/carb ratios when you're cutting, as long as you can get enough protein. Although lots of people say fat>carbs because its more filling.

Yes. Protein is the most important.
Are you drinking your protein shake with water or almond milk? Anything else and you're doing it wrong.

Gained 4 lbs last week. I'm not gonna make it bros

I don't understand how anyone can get "stuck", just drop your calories by 200 until something happens.

Water, Im still way below my 1500 range with what I eat & the sticky says I should be eating at around 1900 but people say theres no lower limit to how much I should be eating as long as I'm not starving, just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any essential nutrients

Spring break or something?

The heaviest I've ever been officially weighed at was ~285. I guess I'll start working out harder and much more often.

I'm mostly worried that I've fucked my metabolism beyond repair. Plus they say it isn't good for any guy to eat under 1,500 a day.

>literally me at my worst

stop being a gay cunt and do something about it, lift more instead of sooking and eat a real meal for once

Hey Veeky Forums, I've had a lot of "I'm gonna get motivated and lose weight" stuff in the past I always fell off the wagon and just went back to eating w/e. But this most recent time I cut down to 1200 calories a day, and limited carbs to 50 carbs a day.

I've stuck with it for 2 months. So I decided to try keto, drop my carbs to 20 a day, and only eat around 800 calories a day. I've been doing it for 2 weeks and I created some great meals. Is this healthy?

Breakfast

2 Hard Boiled Eggs - sometimes plain sometimes w/1 tbsp mayo and some red onion.

Lunch

Chicken, Avacado, a Gala Apple, Celery,Red Onion w/ lime and 2 tbsp Olive Oil

Dinner

This is where my issue is, I don't know what to have for dinner. I'm thinking some type of fish, cauliflower, idk really. Any tips would be appreciated.

My breakfast and lunch are all meal planned in the fridge. Breakfast is 138-256 Calories, Lunch is 462 calories, dinner is what I need to make up.

The only other thing I have is this tea I make with plain black tea and 1 can of rockstar lemonade per gallon (6 carbs in a can), I maybe drink 1/4 gallon a day which gives me a kind of energy drink and the rest is water or plain tea.

I'm 400 pounds, I can feel I'm not motivated because I;m big, I'm depressed, so many things I want to do (I do digital media, motion design, etc, online content) and I just sit in my chair and watch podcasts because I'm just so depressed.