powerliftingwatch.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

thestrengthathlete.com/tshirts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM THAT IS
>MODERATE TO HIGH IN VOLUME
>3X/WEEK
>NOT MADCOW/TM/SHEIKO
>HAS AN EXISTING SPREADSHEET SO I CAN JUST PLUG IN NUMBERS AND DONT NEED TO THINK

greg nucklos ones, he explained how % on your RM so its ez pz

sheiko int med/large load :)

I ran 3x int med from 28 free, worked very well even with me making both lower sessions full body, and benching between squatting and deadlifting

2 8

modify C6W

>asks for what is essentially sheiko
>doesn't want to do sheiko
For what purpose

Should I do belt less or belted front squats on nuckols 2x squat int?

Does it mean I'm acoustic if I get no pleasure from food or really anything for that matter and just do it to live and appear normal?

F R E E
R
E
E

Yeah it means you're acoustic

I wore my belt for them.

Thanks boss

Let the bodies hit the...

which is the correct way to apply force in the deadlift?

Is it

>A - Apply force by pushing the middle of your foot through the floor?

Or

>B - Hinging at the hips and extending the chest up?

Why not both??

You know what to do...

Also, who else is gonna cop one of the TSA raw worlds shirts?

thestrengthathlete.com/tshirts

28 or Dietmar, tho 28 is a little low volume for squats due (I think) in large part to Greg's squat talentchaddery.

The FREE MEMES train is catching YUUUGE momentum

I'd actually be interested in seeing some 3-day RTS templates

Sparrow you look rlly good in that white dress with the flowers on your insta story

wtf is with people squatting with their necks? it looks ridiculous.

look at this shit

why are people even squatting

59kg class

Just modify this years momentum for three days.

>Prison officer position available
>Base salary 52k
heh, what a meme

trappy-chan says to think about pushing off the floor at the beginning then after you get past the knees, thrust your hips like youre fucking a cute brazilian girl :3

Question:
Currently doing RTS (the first version from the book)
How the fuck do i get progression in there?
Im currently in the first (volume) block (week 3) and i got no progression yet..

Who?

Rafael

he looks like the guy who killed a kid in my city lmao

Who?

some dyel who deadlifts 100kg

hi from bochum

The old generalized intermediate program that Mike put out way back when has a 3 day section in it, that could likely be studied and adopted.

We all saw Haino's deadlift user

Yeh I guess

>unironically being german
kys you are selves

He's also addressed the issue in a couple coaching calls, iirc.

It basically involved either a) dropping the 4th priority day entirely or b) redistributing the less specific protocols throughout the week.

so, PM for example is something like

>comp squat, comp bench, overhead acc
>comp dl, bottom ROM bench 1, quad acc
>bottom ROM squat, overload bench, chest acc
>bottom ROM dl, bottom ROM bench 2, lat/back acc

if I had to cram it into four days, I'd probably do something like

>comp squat, comp bench, overhead acc
>comp dl, bottom ROM bench, quad acc, chest acc
>bottom ROM squat, overload bench, bottom ROM dl, lat/back acc

that leaves out the second bottom focused bench movement for the week, maybe it could be added to day 1? idk.

basically full body er'ryday which might be a tad rough.

That's kind of what I was thinking, it seems like it would be main-lift dominant and kind of repetitive week to week, which I personally can't really tolerate for too too long.

Well, you could always swap in different stuff.

I know that Mike seems to have a preference for keeping the main lifts consistent at a 1x weekly frequency, but changing accessories up weekly or biweekly. Like doing pin press for 2 weeks, switching to 3ct bench, back to pin press or maybe something else if gains aren't being had with that movement.

when I was getting guided programming I had accessories being changed weekly, which was kind of fun but I don't think it let me #buildmomentum very much on them, but I'd imagine this preference is more psychological than physiological.

I'm thinking about getting into powerlifting because I've really enjoyed what weight work I've done but I'm entirely amateur. I hurt my back recently from what I assume was bad form and want some hands on. I've got a powerlifting gym nearby and I'm thinking about joining and getting a coach/trainer for a few months.

What would you say is a decent rate to make sure I'm not totally jewed?

I modified 5/3/1 to do it three times per week.

Day 1: shoulders
2: deadlift and squats
4: bench

This seems bad desu senpai

FLOORRRRRR

Of course, it's 5/3/1

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
TWO
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
THREE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

*holds breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Any 4x a week beginner programs /plg/ recs?

5/3/1 is fine it's just that if you're doing it 3 times a week you should probably just stop doing The Press

ONE TWO FUCK GO

I WANT TO FEEL LIKE I FEEL

WHEN I'M ASLEEEP

Why is rafael such a fucking nerd

I would bully the shit out of him. . . Fucking nerd

Right you bastards, someone give me an honest run down of 5/3/1. Is it good for natties? Good for cutting? Good for PL? Bad?

candito's linear

anyone have a 4-5 day program thats not c6w so i can deadlift more

The original 531 is a bit sub optimal for PL, instead of too light 5x10 you could replace this with some more heavyer 5x3 or 5x5 work

>5x10

the fuck

He could try boring but strong which is 10x5 at 85% if i remember correctly.

Does anyone have a Sheiko 4 day spreadsheet for me, please?

thanks guys I thought i was gonna get ignored

You got a problem bud????

It's a compound lift you moron

It's more of an upwards pull of the hips followed by a pelvic thrust like you're fucking the bar.

Is 'misgrooving' just an excuse that powerlifters use? I hear that word thrown about SO much by lifters or is it a legit reason for missing a lift

Can i sub the front squats in nuckols 2x squat for ATG paused high bars?

I'm gonna do that because I'm getting finger/wrist aids and front squats just generally feel like shit and I'm not convinced of their carryover. Might finish the last 2 weeks with fronties but fuck it next time im doing highbar

It's fine. The "new improved, latest and greatest" 5/3/1 includes a shitload more volume so read Beyond 5/3/1 if you decide to give it a try.

All it really means is you lacked the strength/skill to keep the bar where it was supposed to be. It's definitely more of a thing equipped, but what it means when used honestly is that the bar drifted from the path where your muscles were most efficiently moving the weight (because you were too weak, you had bad technique, or both).

"I misgrooved my third" usually means "I was too weak to move it the way I normally do and couldn't complete the lift"

>"I misgrooved my third" usually means "I was too weak to move it the way I normally do and couldn't complete the lift"
yeah this is how it should be taken IMO. Just watching a video of a lifter though and he said the strength was there but he misgrooved and could've got it if he didn't misgroove (raw).

Especially raw, I think this basically means "If I sucked less I would have had it." If it's not a strength issue, then it's a skill issue, and raw, those two things are pretty much the same fucking thing.

LaaaaAAAAAADS... I've got a problem

well aren't you a smartass, genius.

A pelvic thrust??

yeah. i'm not being paid 52 grand to get shit thrown at me on a daily basis. not to mention having to deal with the worst people in society such as criminals and rapists.

Like you're fucking the bar.

Thanks

>fucking the bar
This is Veeky Forums lad you're gonna have to use a different analogy for him

are you implying i should fuck the bar with my COCK?

If you have short arms fucking the bar is normal

what if i have a big THROBBING, VEINY COCK?

>mfw lockout like 3cm under my balls

Do rows
>can't go heavy without fatiguing posterior chain
>poor back engagement never get a good pump
>feels like shit to do

Pull-ups
>can go much heavier and deadlift the next day fine
>lats grow big
>instant pump
>cock got bigger
>more fun to do
>doesn't destroy lower back
>functional in every day life

Honestly, other than seal rows, why do rows at all?????

rows work your whole back and carry over to deadlift well.

Pull-ups work your whole back and carry over to deadlift well.

>Pull-ups work your whole back
not your posterior chain and they don't carry over to deadlifts anywhere near as well as rows, rows as a movement are much closer to deadlifts than pullups.
Pull ups and rows are both fucking amazing exercises and you should do both of them

Do cable/machine rows and reverse everything you said about rows, then get enough shoulder and hip tweaks and reverse everything you said about pullups.

I mean okay, pullups are fine, yes, but very far from necessary.

Wait is that aussy monopoly dollars or something?

just row after you deadlift, I get great activation and stretch from cheaty dumbbell rows

yeah i don't know what that is American. Probably like 40grand?

Reminder that lats are a meme muscle and while it is still important to work them, a few sets a week is enough.

Be real. Most gyms don't gave the equipment for seal rows.

>not your posterior chain
They do, but more importantly deadlifts do and deadlift variations do, rows and pull-ups are for the rest of your back
>and they don't carry over to deadlift anywhere near as well as rows, rows as a movement are much closer to deadlifts than pullups.
Citation needed
>Pull ups and rows are both fucking amazing exercises and you should do both of them
You don't need to do rows if you do pull-ups

They are necessary for a big back, strong lats and strong arms.

Rowing is literally the most unnatural and uncomfortable movement and the tiny range if motion hardly pumps up anything

>Be real. Most gyms don't gave the equipment for seal rows.

find one that does.

Because the back is composed of more than one muscle.

I got to probably the baddest PL gym in an hour's drive and there's no way I could reasonably set up seal rows there.

>baddest PL gym
so find a good one? or ask the owner to buy one, it's not hard.

just pull up on the bar lmao

like a row???

>I stop posting on plg
>it dies and becomes slow

Really makes you think

What's the best alternative to squats when I don't have a spotter? I always use leg press and squat machine but I'm looking for more variety. Pic somewhat related it's similar to the squat machine I use.