Any religious or spiritual fags?

How do you deal with the fact pro bodybuilding and gym culture is one of the most vain and shallow hobbies out there?

I've been lifting for quite a few years now, but have become a spiritual individual only as of last year.

We are spirits temporary experiencing "human life" in humanoid vessels made of flesh and bones. This life is only a small % of our existence.
And the material world is nothing compared to the spiritual world.

Even Veeky Forums is mostly garbage, so many young men that think the goal of life is to engage in as many sexual activities as possible

So how do you cope with it?

It's not about looking hot and sleeping with all the pretty boys. Fitness is a very personal endeavor to better yourself, live rightly, and lead a sincerely wholesome existence. Hard work and dedication truly do build character, and this is quite obviously a healthy exercise in self-discipline.

There you go :)

>We are spirits temporary experiencing "human life" in humanoid vessels made of flesh and bones. This life is only a small % of our existence.
>And the material world is nothing compared to the spiritual world.

Damn senpai, that's how I feel as well.

> So how do you cope with it?
Masturbation

>tfw to intelligent to lift
>tfw to intelligent not to reply to this thread

Your body is the only thing on this Earth that you can claim as irrevocably yours. There's no reason why you wouldn't want to make it strong and beautiful. You can lift for morally unsound reasons but the fact remains that training your body is a positive practice regardless of the reason you do it.

I like to lift/train my body because it benefits my most productive hobby which is rock climbing. Having a specific purpose towards your excercise to me has better rewards than just trying to get juicy.

Admittedly I like staying lean because of it and I still catch myself being vain but I'm trying to cut back on that and mainly pursue climbing harder.

>We are spirits temporary experiencing "human life" in humanoid vessels made of flesh and bones.
Congrats, you fell for another ego trap. Also Veeky Forums and gym culture isn't more shallow than any other culture. Oh yeah, and thinking that everyone here just wants to bang makes you a shallow fuck as well. You have a hell of a road before you, if true enlightenment is a goal of yours. I cope with it, just how I cope with humanity in general, I just don't hate people.

>You have a hell of a road before you, if true enlightenment is a goal of yours.

Tell me more, "enlight" me brother, tell me about yourself

A developed body is the result of a disciplined mind

Why is your first instinct to ask for an identity on a website specifically made to hide it?

Lmfao god is fake retard

Bodybuilding can be vain, I just lift weights
The Bible clearly instructs against sloth

i cope with it by living my life the right way and benefiting from it, nothing these retards say to me can change that fact.

as for the gym-culture aspect, these people are all faggots or live hedonist lives, i don't associate with it, and i don't participate in the faggotry.

I don't ask for your identity, I'm simply wondering what you're about

You cannot save anyone from drowning if you yourself are a sinking ship. Think on that.

Ur a gnostic faggot. In big three abrahamic religions, you are your body as well as your "soul" which is most like an "essential form" of you.

Lifting weights helps increase self mastery and discipline, and living healthy by honoring the human form honors the creator in whose image it was made. As far as modern hobbies go with spiritual benefits, lifting is more similar to fasting and mortification then other pursuits. Video games are far more corrupting and innervating.

haha we are actually just the product of chance that our floating rock in space we call earth happened to get caught in the gravitaional pull of a star that we call our sun billions of years ago.

Over time billions of species were born and extinct, and new species were evolving over hundreds of thousands year periods (which is .00005% of earths total lifespan). We are just the product of trial and error over a span of time that we cant even really comprehend how long it is. There is no god, there is no afterlife. Your conscious is just electrical signals firing in your brain. Once thats gone you no longer exist for enternity. It will be an everlasting darkness.

>pro bodybuilding and gym culture is one of the most vain and shallow hobbies out there?
It's the opposite, you apply the resistance that cold heavy steel offers to a soft, bourgeois body to transform it into a hardened, fascist one. The most important transformation here is that of one's spirit. Viva la muerte!

Nice sci-fi fan fiction bro.

the main thing about world is its full of retards like you who do not remind themselves that they are just stupid apes and their ideas are retarded as fuck but you believe them anyway because you feel like they makes sense kys

I don't consider myself spiritual for disliking what someone else likes. A great friend of mine lifts and he's a lot more engaged in his existence than I am (I do cardio + MAs).

I pity the person who thinks that their thought patterns cause them to be spiritual.

>I took psychedelics once and now I think there's a god or something more to life: the post

>being an 80 IQ bodybuilder and a 60 IQ religious retard at the same time

How is that fiction? literally everything I said is proven by science.

my body is a temple

fucking kill yourself you shit eating faggot

Not every spiritualist is ascetic.

Stop educating yourself on that matter via Youtube videos of women dual wielding crystals.

Pursuing meaningless sex is a stupid thing in our society, the rest of your lost is all wrong. Someones motives for being physically fit may be shallow but that doesnt make fitness shallow itself. Theres nothing that stops someone from being physically fit and spiritual. Even if you can prove there is a lofe after this one, that isnt an excuse to not do something in this life with the body you do have. If youre not going to have it later on, why not enjoy it now?

>How do you deal with the fact pro bodybuilding and gym culture is one of the most vain and shallow hobbies out there?

>Implying Exercise and sport have no spiritual component

>basically calls out lifting for girls

I agree desu. In this life the only thing I can 100% control is my body. I'll be damned if I let that get away from me.
>where's the manga strip of that kid who basically says what I just did, the last panel he's like doing a split but with one foot on the ground

Hiddur mitzvah, brah. Our bodies are a gift G-d has given us and we glorify Him by making His work swole as hell.

not darkness just nothing, exactly like before you were born

you sir, i like the cut of your jib.

A disciplined mind is the result of a developed body.

what do I care? I'll be dead by then

frank yang does it

>non existence
>everlasting darkness

Pick one, you deluded faggot

>Tibetan monks spend months making big mandalas from coloured sand. Then they destroy them.
Our body is like mandala, temporary. Soon to decay. You push yourself hard in the gym. Alone between strangers. Solitary warrior on his way to meaningless self improvement, inevitably doomed to failure.
Truth is that even your knowlege, wealth, social status etc., everything is nonpersistent.
Howewer, your body will be the first thing to rot and you will have to witness it, until dementia envelopes your mind.

>With this in mind, fitness is like buddhism of sports.

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

Their vanity isn't something that I think I'm above. At the end of the day, your genes want to replicate with the best genes out there and everyone else is doing the same. So you could get into your "I'm too good for this" schpiel but I don't buy it. You're still just a bunch of fucking nerve responses obeying the laws of physics and following your base animal instincts.

You have no free will.

You must lift.

You must die.

This is all we know.