Counting calories

Who /countingcalories/ here?

This was my first day having started.
My goal is fatloss. I'm a 6 foot 2 man, 140kg (approx 308? lb)

I'll totally start

Tomorrow

(not really)

Keep busy man.
I went from 110kg to 75 in 9 months and thank god I had stuff to do everyday.

You're gonna make it.

What app is that

I fucking hate counting calories all day and it always furthers the defiance in me against the diet.

Wouldnt it be as effective if you did IF and ate 85/15% healthy/unhealthy?

pls respond

I use bmi calculator app, pretty comfy to me
im not into being sticked to my phone and posting what I ate every while

It's fatsecret.

I was in a thread a couple days ago which was talking about the best apps for tracking calories, out of the ones suggested I found this app to be the best imo.

If you do intermittent fasting and eat 4000 calories you will still be fat.

Calories in calories out.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

I'm pretty monotonous, so counting all day is pretty pleasant and easy for me.

What's IF, after typing it I'd guess intermittent fasting?

Calories is easy, eat less then you need and guaranteed to lose weight.
Seems easy to me, every 1-2 weeks readjust your rdi and keep doing it.

>be you
>6'2
>fat bitch
>TDEE is 3k

And then
>be me
>6'2
>186
>Eat less than 2000kcals a day

You're fat for a reason.

>protip from a guy who's tried it all
Don't count calorie all day everytime you eat something.
Instead plan your meal in the morning and tell yourself those are my calorie for today and nothing else.
Reasons ?
1) people always cheat, themselves firstly (subconsciously forgetting food)
2) if you eat random shit while trying to stay below your calorie limit, you're going to reach the limit in 20 min after you wake up and then starve for the whole day (noone can survive that long term)
3)Don't believe in people telling you you can eat whatever you want so long as it stays below calorie. Eat a fair balance of protein carbs and fat. Dont eat veggies if you dont want to, but occasionally eat a fruit for the sake of vitamins

I'm still going to make it though.

>I was about your weight 2-3 years ago
>though more like 200-220
>I gave up lifting and gym
>Got fat
Now I'm cutting from a very long bulking period, back to training and everything is back on track.

I planned out my dinner and protein powder after gym before lunch while I was on break.
Will continue to plan my main meals and stuff as I enjoy planning what to eat throughout the day anyway, even when fat eating I'd plan what I'd eat. Just wouldn't track calories or plan to eat good. Lol
I'm not retarded enough to cheat myself or my own goals.

All good advice though.

What is the lower limit for calorie intake? 5' 8" about 195 lbs, Im only making around 900 cal but I dont feel hungry (mostly protein)

yeah and if you eat 1500 kcals of atomic waste you die, you fucking dolt

yes it is. I do alternate day fasting anyways which means I eat 500 kcals every other day and basically what I want 50% of the time. and of those every other days where I eat what I want I eat 85% healthy but I dont sperg out when I go to a birthday where cake is served and bring my rice salmon mix contained in tupperware with me.

I've been lifting for 2 and a half years and started counting a month ago. Discovered that most days I was eating 1000 to 1500 below maintenance and some days that same amount but over maintenance. Thus explaining why do I looked like shit.

I've been counting calories since the new year.

It's actually easy, and really helps me keep track of what I'm eating. I don't know what my TDEE is, but I think it's around 2200-2400. Trying to eat around 1500 a day, that's made me lose about 2 pounds a week, which is nice.

Honestly, once you start counting calories, you'll realize how strict you need to be on a cut. Certain foods that you didn't think were that bad are actually awful and just ruin your counts. 200 calories didn't seem like a lot before I started counting, but now it's a massive chunk that I need to avoid in order to get my meals in and stay cutting.

You're an actual idiot

> think peanut butter + whole wheat bread is healthy
> both are actually crazy calorie dense

> think white bread + marshmallow fluff is unhealthy
> both lower in kcals, 80cal a slice & 80cal for 1/4 cup
> get a tasty preworkout snack for 160 cal

>Preworkout
>Just a bunch of sugar

Seems like a terrible idea familia

> not wanting a sick pump from glucose
> implying any nutrient other than carbs before a workout will be beneficial

Never gonna make it

I'm 6.2 ft 270 doing a 1700 calorie diet , 8 scoops 100 cal each , 2 eggs , 2 white bread slices , 1 sweet potatoe 1 jar of veggie juice, doing a push an pull 5 days a week [wed is more cardio day] , since I'm weakened I stick to 2 plates bench , 2 atg squat , 1 ohp, 4 dl , 2 rows , also 20 to 30 mins of cardio daily