HERNIA GENERAL

Sup Veeky Forums, so I was recently diagnosed with a minor inguinal hernia. My surgeon recommended an open repair with no mesh since I'm young "27" and because its so small. Oddly enough I was thinking of starting a program within the month before I was diagnosed. Was just curious to hear any of Veeky Forums's experience with procedure/recovery and training afterwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/64_hTy7wRcs?t=30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did you get it?

Got a hernia doing lying leg curls and trained for a couple months on it. Hell I thought I pulled a muscle a first and didn't realize for about a month.
Got surgery and couldn't sit up for a few days but eventually everything was back to normal. Didn't loose much strength coming back either.
Just get rid of it now you'll be glad u did

Idkman, I used to be a trashman never had a problem, now I work maintenance. I lift pretty moderate shit but nothing crazy. I actually went to the doctor for pain in my left nut, nothing was wrong with my nut so he felt around, felt something and sent me to the surgeon who in turn felt a small hernia and even I could feel him hitting it.

What procedure did you get scoped or open? How long before you started training again?

So, I really am not an expert on the procedure, but it should not take longer than a few weeks to recover. During that time you can easily do some stretches, focus a bit on your technique and mobility (with a pbc bar, no weight) and you'll be more than fine OP.

But I would recommend you also talk to your surgeon about that.
Best of Luck

bump

bump

pudzian :3

BUMP

I had an inguinal hernia like 6 years ago. The cause is genetic. The defect is there since birth and years of stress will slowly open up the hole and allow the inner stuff to poke through. If you don't have the genetic defect, you'll never get a hernia

Anyway, I was fortunate to have health insurance at the time. I paid $3,000 out of pocket for a $12,000 surgery. Had surgery on a Friday and was back to work the following Monday. Was back in the gym only 2 weeks later.

Also the repair was done using titanium mesh.

What was the nut pain like? I've had pain in my left nut for about 2 months and I'm worried it might be a hernia. Don't feel any lumps in the nut itself.

It's a tear in the abdominal wall

Here, you can watch this and get a general idea of what they are and how they're fixed.
youtu.be/64_hTy7wRcs?t=30s

I know what a hernia is, already had an abdominal hernia repaired. I'm specifically wondering what the nut pain felt like.

With my abdominal hernia I could feel when I tore it open, but don't remember ever feeling something like that near my nuts.

this

there is a misconception about the cause of hernia, I have a friend who got hernia and blames lifting for it.

Yo not op here but one day after deadlifts i felt like someone hit me in the Nuts softly, did i tear something

Similar story dull/throbbing ache in my left nut. Doesn't seem too correlated with when I lift, though.

When I got the abdominal hernia I could feel the abdominal wall tearing. Not sure how to describe it, because it's the only thing that's ever felt that way. Didn't hurt too badly, though so I pushed through it and finished the workout. Then I lifted my shirt up and say a lump in the middle of my gut. It hurt less than some of the more intense DOMS I've had.

To avoid getting hernia or diastatis recti train your inner abdominal muscles often. And always pull your stomach in when lifting, like a vacuum. Don't bother doing ab crunches.

also do kegels to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles to avoid getting a hernia into your scrotum.

Well but with deadlifts u need to breath in through stomach, thus pushing it out right

what are the long term side effects of a hernia surgery? I think I might have a minor one but I'm still able to lift and exercise, I don't want Add to dictionary surgery

It was like a dull soreness, you know how like if you get kicked in the nuts or ball tapped, that soreness about 20 minutes after. It's not pain per se...but its something. I just went because I was getting that from nothing, no nut kicks or whatnot.

Damn, that's pretty close to what I've got going on. Hitting the doctor on Monday.