Alcohol

How do you lose weight when your entire social life is built around drinking ? Honestly I can restrict my calories a lot, but I meet with friends everyday or every other day in the evenings and it ruins all my efforts... It's not really the calories from the beer itself because I make sure I don't have dinner on those evenings so I get drunk after two pints and I dont't need more. It's the slight hangovers the next day, I just feel like if I don't eat mountains of pasta I would just puke.
> How to keep drinking and still eat better

Just hang out and drink water. Save the drinking for once a week or once a month. If you wanna see results you need to make a change. If your friends can't deal with that maybe they aren't really friends afterall

Liquor has less calories than beer, start there

He specifically said its not the calories but the hangover.

If you want to avoid hangovers, drink more water when you're out having a drink.

How much water are we talking ?

M8 thats like saying "how do you lose weight when you need to eat to live"
IIFYM, drink clean spirits, mix some lemon and fizzy water. Drink pleanty of water, drink most of your alcohol early in the evening.
Easy.

water and ibuprofen before bed and a banana in the morning. How do you not know how to deal with a hangover at this point in your life?

Drink max 0.5l of beer. Drink tea, water or cola or whatever for the rest of the evening. That's literally what I do. It's that easy. I enjoy beer, but I absolutely despise the hangover. Even if it's just a slight hangover.
The thing is your friends will want to bring you more beer even if you refuse they will offer you for free. Just be resilient

How about you just don't drink alcohol every night? Is it really that hard?

Be strict during the week on everything, if you do go out to the pub drink water or once in a while diet coke, you can have a few beers on the weekend (max 2 pints if taking calories into account, eating a proper meal before helps with the hangover) then move on to spirits with fizzy water/diet coke if you are staying out. I like gin and tonic.

> I just feel like if I don't eat mountains of pasta I would just puke.

why don't you just puke then?

Alcohol + ibuprofen really fucks up your kidneys man

>Is it really that hard ?
Yes

>I get drunk after two pints
>I would just puke.

You silly Americans...

Vodka soda my dude, shitton of carbs in tonic water

Moscow "Fool"

1shot vodka (66 cal)
Lemon juice (~0 cal)
Diet ginger ale (0 cal)

On ice.

By soda i mean seltzer, not fatty hydration

How old are you?
If you're over 25 and still drink cuz of 'muh peer pressure' you should kill yourself.

Otherwise, just drink something else, NO one will give a fuck after the 2nd or 3rd time you do it

Yeah I know but I have like 2 week maybe as a treat on a Saturday when I limit my carbs anyway

If i was going full alcho I would drink vodka and carbonated water with a slice of lemon, I'm an ex-big drinker (3/4 times a week) and ever since I started lifting and getting in shape I've cut down to the point where I don't even wanna drink outside of social situations, which is amazing for me.

I had the same problem as you, and never really "cut" for years as a result. This year i started off with a "dry month" - i still went out or had people over but i'd chug seltzers all night to keep something in my hand. Sometimes i got high too - but i never drank. I changed no other habits and lost 6 lbs in a month. I guess drinking was bad for me.

The dry month was a good reset. At first it was awkward, but i got used to not binge drinking every time i go out and now, even after, i don't really drink much anymore. My abs show more than they ever have.

If you care about making it, you already know the answer to your question is "just stop drinking." I'm telling you a way how. Just fucking do it OP.

I'm 25. I don't drink because of peer pressure, I just like feeling drunk I guess.

> I drink to the point of a hangover almost every day
> I eat mountains of pasta to help with the hangovers
> How do i continue doing this without being a fat fuck?

Did you really need to make a thread about this? If you're too stupid to see the multiple obvious solutions, or if you have the personal agency of an 8 year old child and can't act on those solutions, then you are destined to become a useless fat fuck.

Not American, also girls get drunk faster it's science (especially on a en empty stomach)

If you're doing it on a daily basis, sure.

You can eat two packets of ibuprofen and wash it down with a bottle of whiskey and wake up with less of a headache the next day.

Source: Mother was an A&E nurse

The number of times people tried to commit suicide with ibuprofen and liquor was considerable.

That's not to say it should be a routine thing to combine painkillers and strong drink, conversely if you're well hydrated and otherwise eat healthily...there's not particularly much cause for concern.

Change your social life then. You sound like an alcoholic and it's pathetic.

>Pretty much got drunk 1-3 times a week club/friends/alone for the past 2 years.
>quit drinking 2 months ago
>haven't felt this good in so long

Just quit its easy as fuck if you're not a full blown alcoholic.

Eating some eggs and a couple og pieces og bread before you go to bed and after you wake up works wonders. Not that high in calories either. But I feel you. I just gotta eat eat eat og I've been dronning.

You gotta make a choice and be at peace with it.

You know you can't drink alcohol and get Veeky Forums, you said it yourself here
>but I meet with friends everyday or every other day in the evenings and it ruins all my efforts

So you gotta choose.

Btw, I ditched all my friends and went full cocoon mode focused on boxing, now I have better friends, a gf who I met at my boxing gym and I don't miss drinking at all. I go boxing 4 or 5 nights a week, and even when I don't go boxing I still work out somehow because of all the free time I have.

Drinking alcohol is just a way to make the boring times pass faster; you gotta find a better way to spend that time. Most of the time I am so exhausted from training everyday that I don't even feel like alcohol, I usually just want to relax because I feel lethargic.

>Liquor has less calories

It depends famalam. 1g alcohol has 7kcal. So a 70 proof shot of vodka will have around 60kcal. The higher the proof, the more kcal it'll be. Now obviously most people around going to be downing everclear or 151 like crazy, but those drinks are pretty kcal dense. Beer is calorie dense in itself, yes, but if you're doing shot after shot, you're still ingesting lots of calories.

Live the AESTHETIC LIFE.
>cocaine
>MDMA

Drink martinis its very low calorie per unit alcohol and you can pretend youre james bond

try matching the amount of alcohol to start with

If you honestly can't stop being a gross low-class mongrel who drinks every other day, start drinking gin and tonics and order a glass of water with every drink.

Im a bartender and frat boy so I know your pain. Started lifting ~year and a half ago.

When I work, I only drink water and tell people i have to drive when they want to buy me shots. When I go out and am social which is about once a week, I get gin and SODA with lime, maybe a splash of cran or sour (about 110 calories a drink). Ill have about 2 and alternate with water so I dont drink so much. Ive lost about 40 pounds since I started. You can drink, but its all moderation man.

smoke pot

>entire social life is built around drinking
That's pretty sad my dude.
I'd say your best bet is to listen to You can't just drink every other day and expect to maintain a calorie deficit, maximize nutrient intake, and increase strength. Something's got to give

pop other drugs, like perks or morphine.

In terms of outright energy yeah, but the body has a really hard time converting alcohol to fat. The liver converts alcohol to acetic acid then combines it with salt to get acetate (hence why you fee so depleted after drinking). Your body will stop metabolizing fat and burn through the acetate as fast as it can. So beer ducks you coming and going since th carbs can turned to fat and your body delays burning fat to take care of the alcohol converted to acetate. Liquor, like scotch for example, tastes great if you can tolerate the strength, gives a really clean buzz, and leaves the body cleanly. Beer is the worst, especially hoppy beer. Read about brewers droop or people who work in hoop fields.

The best solution I've encountered is investing in pedialyte. Downing a whole bottle of pedialyte with 5 advil (800mg is the minimum an average body needs in order to get a noticeable anti inflammatory response from Advil) before crashing after a night of drinking. My hangovers are mild to nonexistent.

I piss so often when I'm drinking, I don't think the calories accumulate.

Control yourself you autist. You can have a beer or two a night without ruining your gains. But if you get blasted every night non stop then of course you won't make gains.

IF + clean foods with lots of fiber + lots water and electrolytes + cardio + sleep. And probably a mineral supplement cause your dumb ass is probably not getting all the shit back that alcohol strips out.

After 1. Exercise
2. Sleep
3. Food

Booze is the 4th most likely thing to be fucking up your gains and feminizing your body. And remember, Allah (swt) knows best

Develop a personality and find something not completely shallow to waste your time on.

You really shouldn't be drinking everyday if you want good gains. However, if the hangover is the problem then Adult Pedialyte is your solution.

It's like gatorade but actually effective.