QTDDTOT

Last one hit the limit. New thread

Other urls found in this thread:

sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/
youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc
t-nation.com/training/sticking-point-therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just had a workout where I benched 135 pounds with full extension and lowering to my chest for 5 reps and 2 sets.
This is impressive to me since I could barely do a proper bench press a week ago.
How should I improve upon this? Should I maybe aim for 10 reps or should I add 10 pounds on each side or maybe try both methods?
Also, would losing 120 pounds mean I bench less? I would like to comfortably bench 200 by the time I hit 180 or 175 pounds. Is that a realistic goal?

Do 3x5 at 135 next workout. If you can do it and get all sets/reps then add 5 pounds next workout, same thing next workout, etc.

just finished 4th month of SL
want to cut now because skinnyfat here
what would be the best routine?

How do i activate, and then hit glutes?
Also are there any definate signs you have a pelvic tilt?

How do I activate my almonds?

Is that the proper lingo of sets and reps? 3 sets of 5 reps right?

I've been casually lifting for a bit over an year now and I've always been a bit skinnyfat but have definitely gotten more muscle definition over the year.
My question is, is it possible to cut if I don't track calories / macros? I've been just eating whenever I felt hungry and trying to eat clean. Is it possible to efficiently get rid of some bodyfat by maybe skipping a meal each day whilst focusing on getting enough protein in or something?

Yes it's possible, as you're just eating at a deficit, but keeping track definitely makes it a lot easier to know exactly what you need to do

My groin area has been hurting recently when I squat (high bar)

Anyone also experiencing this and know a solution?

You won't want to hear this, but don't cut yet. As a fellow skinny fat I learned the hard way that you don't have enough muscle to look good unless you want to go skelly mode. Finish your first year, slow bulking when necessary when your lifts start stalling. If you've hit >= .6bw/bw/1.5bw/2bw 3x5 but have stalled, then switch to an intermediate routine, but keep lifting.

Madcow is usually the progression from SL.

Hows my first day of gym looking? All 3x5

Bench 90lbs
Squat 145lbs
Deadlift 145lbs

And for increasing weight do you add 5lbs of weight in total or a 5lb plate to each side?

Tight hip flexors that you might've pulled. If it hurts too much to squat take a couple weeks off. Sit it 3rd world squat position for as long as possible while pushing out on your knees to help stretch them out

I experience burning and a almost pinching link sensation. Only sometimes and usually only first set of reps? Strange af

I've been doing strength training for about 10 months now after being a skinny boi. 2 months ago I started having unbearable pain in my left shoulder. So much so that I cant even lean on it. It hurts when I barbell bench or do any form of dumbell press. Anyone have any ideas on how to ease the pain away? I'm already stepping down on weight as it is as to not fuck it up more. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Pic is goal body

I need some help, I'm not making a whole lot of gainz and I'm really not sure why.

So I'm bulking at 3300-3500 calories a day, 40/30/30 macros approx. Have been very autistic with my diet.

My workout program is:
D1: Chest/tri (main lift: bench)
D2: Back/Bi (main lift: diddly)
D3: Shoulders/traps (main lift: ohp)
D4: legs (main lift: squats)

sometimes in the weekend I'll do an extra day of whatever I feel like

I've been at it for about a year now and saw some good gainz in the beginning. I'm eating quite consistently, and trying to up the weight whenever I can, but I just can't seem to get out of dyel mode. Am I forgetting anything? What am I doing wrong?

I have a slightly herniated disc and arthritis on the same disc but can move fine for the most part other than bending down.

Is it safe for me to do weighted squats? I am thinking maybe I could start on a Smith machine.

Has anyone managed to fix their winged scapula by working out?

Pretty good. Keep it up so you can be a sick cunt! 5lbs total (2.5 on each side)

Yes, correct lingo

>you've been bulking for a year at that amount of calories
Are you fat/chubby? Lifts?

Try the bar, see how it feels. Keep adding 5lbs each workout until it hurts or you go to snap city (I'm not a doctor). But DO NOT use the Sith Machine. It locks you into it's bar path instead your bar path. I'd do leg press before it.

I am a 5'8" manlet and will never draw pussy based on looks alone. However, I really like weightlifting and the gym is the highlight of my day. I'm curious as to what build I should go for to look least retarded?

Basically I want to be able to work out and lift heavy because it's fun, but I don't want to look like I'm compensating for my height. Should I try to stay as lean as I can or just say fuck it and go full turbomanlet or what

All 3x8:

Bicep curl - 41kg
Tricep extension - 59kg
Pec fly - 73kg

Why is my bench press only 40kg?

How does this look?

Day One:
Flat Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
DB Chest Fly 3x12
DB Incline Chest Fly 3x12
Side Lateral Raise 3x12
Bent-over Side Lateral Raise 3x12
Triceps Pushdown 3x12
Triceps Extension 3x12

Day Two:
Bent-over Barbell Row 3x5
Upright Barbell Row 3x5
Wide-grip Lat Pulldown 3x8-10
Alternating DB Curls 4x10-12
Hammer Curls 3x10-12
DB Wrist Curls 3x8-12
DB Reverse Wrist Curls 3x8-12
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Shrugs 3x10-12
Rack Pulls 5x5

Day Three:
Squats 4x5
Good Mornings 3x8-12
DB Squats 3x8-12
Leg Curls 3x12
Leg Extensions 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 3x8-12
Seated Toe Press 3x12

123x123x

What is the sips meme? And what's its origins?

How do I know if I'm overtraining?

viral marketing from Monster targeting their zero calories, zero sugar specifically at people in the "health conscious" demographic.

Finishing my noobgainz on SL and thinking about what to do next, I heard that if you want to train for strenght you need to go for Texas or 1/3/5, and if you want aesthetics go for PPL or Upper/lower split, is this ok, isnt there a mid point where i can keep getting strenght and gain muh aesthetics too?

>Unbearable pain
>Decides to keep lifting and not see a doctor
What did you mean by this?

I'm getting sore lower back muscles when I deadlift, is that a sign of poor form or a weak lower back?

I only recently got into heavy(er) lifts with a bar from a dumbbell routine. I have no issue getting the weight up, in fact I could definitely go heavier, but I'm terrified of snapping my shit up

>With my emperor, and your hanged man, we we will be unstoppable!

>start paying attention to girl at my school
>realise that if I ever want to be with her I have to ignore her
>hangs around me slightly more, mires occasionally (this could be placebo)
What does it mean?

it means say hi to her you fucking autist

how many calories/protons would you say are in 25 assorted piece of sushi, each about the size of a quarter?

10 of those piece were just the fish on rice so those must have a decent protein/calorie ratio

Other pieces were mostly some fish, avocado and rice

Any ballpark guesses?

no but google gave me this
sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/

Genuinely, does anyone have any idea? What might be weak? How do I isolate it. or do I just keep pressing?

Will do
Wish me luck brahs

>Is it safe for me to do weighted squats?
I don't know, but in your position I would do leg press, db squats and lunges, isolation machines and cardio that hits legs like sprints. Obviously stop if you get any pain

This is probably a stupid question but If you were gonna start lifting for the first time and were a 6 foot 150 pound skinny fat how much would you start with for a bench press?

how many pushups can you do?

Also how would you progress like start off with low weight work your way up to heavy weight ever time you hit a certain amount of reps and sets like 5x5 or just
Whenever you feel strong enough add like 10-15 pounds and try that

just did 15

Was in your position, couldn't even bench the bar first time i went. Do one set with just the bar for technique, if that's easy add 5kg plates.

Okay cool thats what I've been doing and now I'm up 65 pounds

Then keep going?

What's the best preworkout? Also is preworkout mainly just caffeine and b vitamins?

bumping muh question

Depends. Do you have good flexibility in your back? No pain from bones when stretching? Then your spines okay. Back hurts when you deadlift, at the start but squating is alright? Pain when you sit for long periods of time? Probably from hip/muscle imbalance.

Former skinny fat that ran an garbage bulk cycle and then basically lost it all after going starvation mode for a year and a half.

I've still got horrible stretch marks in my delts and arms from the first bulk, will doing a clean bulk now make them worse?

Thanks

Turbo manlet for sure. The shorter you are the bigger your muscles look. You could lift the same amount of weight as a 6'2" lanky mf and look jacked.

extremely good flexibility, I've struggled with bad posture forever though. Squats are good, no problems there. I deadlifted tuesday with no issues, maybe weak lower muscles are still sore? idk

If I was doing my max weight and getting pain that would be one thing, but I was doing rep weight and getting way more sore in lower than upper which seemed weird, no pain in my spine though just the wrong muscles.

Which booster, of this three, should I try out.

> use once or twice a week
> hitting gym straight after waking up
> need to work later that day

Experience. Just listen to your body. There's usually a difference between in the types of pain. One is kinda like "wow I'm tired and sore holy shit" and the other is kinda like "my joints are making noise and something other than my muscles hurt". The latter is overtraining

Any good tutorials for shrugs?

Do I pull my shoulders back?

>goal body

I hope this is a meme im unaware of.

Those boxes are really cool, just sayin'.

How are the buff dudes to teach beginners proper workouts forms and tips?

youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc

Should i listen to them or are they full of misinformation?

Her face reminds me of the grinch that stole Christmas

They seem to have good advice. Check this webm also for optimal deadlifting form.

Has anyone seen crazy gains with HMB like some of the studies have reported? I don't want to waste $25 if it was all smoke and mirrors.

What's your ohp?

25kg

Midpoint is Madcow with accessories.

And where's your sticking point? (Lockout, midlift, getting off the chest, etc)

Off chest through to midlift.

Sounds like your front delts are your week spots.

This is a good article on different techniques to get past it.

Woops
t-nation.com/training/sticking-point-therapy

>How do I isolate it
I'm guessing that's the problem - you did those 3 isolation exercises for a year or more and your form on bench is shit because you don't know how to use your muscles together

My sleep is terrible. I've had insomnia for 9 years at this point. How do I improve sleep gains

Lately I've been trying to incorporate Yoga into my weekly routine (once or twice per week, after muscle training) and I was wondering if Yoga helps with flexibility and muscle endurance? Because I seem to be sweating up a storm in every Yoga class.

Have a set sleeping schedule and routine that you do every night before sleeping. I always fap, take a hot shower, brush my teeth etc. Now if I try to take a hot shower at a random time of the day I'll feel tired as fuck after because I'm so used to it.
Also read about melatonin and sun light and how it all affects your sleep

Thank you

Only lifted for 3 months, bench has been the biggest problem the whole time.

how long before i look like i actually lift

are SI hip injuries common for deadlifting? After I pointed out the exact location of it to my doctor, she suggested it was the HI hipjoint ligamints that are probably inflamed and need healing?

Have some pain in my mid back, can squat okay other than racking/deracking but Deadlifting makes my whole body go nope.

Is the Hepburn method good for a beginner?

Upper Body day
> Press from Stands (out of the rack, if you prefer)
> Bench Press
> Two-hands Curl
Lower Body day
> Squat
> High-Pull
> Deadlift

Compounds done 8x2 -> 8x3.

How bad is it if I have to take a a session of squats out of ss. My legs can't keep up. I'm not sure if it's since I'm cutting or because I work a physical job and average about 20k steps a day or both. My quads are dieing and my form was shit today.

dyel?

How do i keep my shoulders from taking control of curls?

How is my routine?

A day
>Squat 3x5
>PC/Row 5x3/3x5
>Bench 3x5
>Chins 3x12
>DB rows 3x10
>DB curl 3x10
>Cable row 3x10
>EZ curl 3x10
>GHR 3x10
>Cable crunch 3x8

B day
>Front Squat 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>Deadlift 1x5
>Dips 3x12
>Seated DB press 3x10
>Fly 3x10
>Machine Press 3x10
>Pec Deck 3x10
>BB Lunges 3x10
>Ab roller

Doing this 4 days a week. Is it too much?

Can anyone tell me if a bulged disc heals over time. I hurt it back in November it has gone down in pain. No longer feel numbness in legs but it's still achy if I carry more than 15 lbs on my back for a hour or more.
I'm not asking for any deadlift comments it was due to falling off a roof.

It means the hip joint is degrading due to the femur bone moving against it. I would stop deqdlifting for a while and get a mri. I also have si joint issues due to my misaligned femur bones.

I want to be in peak physical shape within two years.

I understand a lot about lifting but my concern is cardiovascular health. I know that you should do cardio but if I want my heart to be as strong as it can be, how do I go about achieving said goal? I started C25K but what do I do during off days? Shouldn't I be doing cardio everyday? Maybe that comes from various studies claiming 30mins of exercise a day will keep you healthy but im not fully educated on the subject.

What would be the baseline of physical activity for a 20 year old to maintain peak cardiovascular strength? If not peak then very good.

Does squating do that as well? It feels like its honestly the muscle that runs up my ass. When I first start the lift thats when I get the pain spasm and the exact location.

One day when I woke up I had those weird pinkish marks on my skin, on the front of my armpit, just about where your arm bends. At first I thought it may be some illness, but I've had them for about 3 weeks now, and if not for a mirror, I'd have never realised I even haD those - no pain, no itching, nothing.
I have no idea what it is or what do, it doesn't seem to be going away. I thought they might be stretch marks, but I haven't been losing weight at all, and they appeared overnight so I'm completely out of ideas.
What do?

You could do some HIIT. Just straight Tabata sprints will burn out your lungs nicely. Kbells. Sled pulls. Anything dynamic. Be creative.

Mine is right in the Grove connection the si join to the hip pelvic area on my right side. It happens in the front and back when I used to squat but I bulged my disc due to my femur bone being out of alignment.
Have you ever hurt your bac?

Yup. Look up Bill Starr's back rehab. And Dr Stuart McGill's big three. And lie down on your stomach in the cobra pose after a workout.

Thanks very much, it seems like it's getting better but the progress is very slow. Did you also hurt your back?

Not a hurt disc, thought it was that before but I haven't lost mobility. My ass hurts to sit on for prolong periods of time. had some sciatic involvement but that has gone away.

The pain is primarily on the back, none at all on front or side. Goes up to my lower back.

I am having some knee pain during squats that seems to go away once i get to do a couple of reps with heavy weights but up to that point theres some pain that i get,it's not stabbing pain but i don't know how to describe it and it lasts for a couple of days if i keep squatting,any idea what might be causing it and how to solve this issue?,i've heard i should warm up first but i have yet to try that out yet

That's also where I have pain but it's also the si joint. I'm getting surgery to correct my leg alignement so I can actually fix the root cause. My sciatica also went away thank God it was horrible.

Yeah. Romanian deadlifts with lmao3pl8. Cutie got on the ass machine right in front of me. Lost focus and snapped my shit up. Those two programs helped the most.

God damn I never even tried more than 20lbs on squat. Do you still experience pain? Have you returned to a good life.

Ultimate gym nooblet here, 5'10" and 148.8lbs, weighed today. my question has to do with caloric intake: I consume around 1300-1500 calories a day, I measure, but it's not in any kind of particular food, just whatever the dining hall at my uni is serving for the day. However, If I'm burning upwards of 300 calories a gym session, am I losing gains because I'm not eating much? Should I eat more or less?
Also, When I'm at the gym I do a lot of cardio on treadmills, which doesn't really count because they're treadmills. I used to be Track and field/XC in high school so I run about a 5k every gym visit without being tired. Should I cut out the running for more lifting? I feel like it's the only thing keeping me skinny.

Start eating more. Your noob gains will come, but if you don't do a cal surplus you'll plateau in 3 months.

Pics?

holy shit gains goblins are real

Used to weight 110 I weigh 155 now, try to make your own protein dense calorie shakes plus if you can try to spend more on food get just anything you like and eat it in mass. Don't get garbage though try to ear healthy.

you only get stronger if you gain muscle mass

if you're not gaining weight, you're not gaining muscle mass

if you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough

How tf do you curl more than you bench? Did you fuck your pecs up at one point?

I've essentially avoided exercise for 13 years.