/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Friday night alone edition

Morbidly dead thread: Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no wojak

Not real /fat/

Drumpf Ameridumb edition i see

3rd for keto

4th for IF + Keto

i-i thought it was time for a change ;-;

What does /fat/ think of Dr. Jason Fung? youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

I've been doing IF for a while and like it, but I haven't found what he says about being able to eat more calories to be true. My TDEE seems to still be the same, it's just easier to meet my goals if I don't eat for half the day.

I've been meaning to watch his interview and read his book, i'm on IF aswell.
Thanks for reminding me.

No problem. That video is my favorite, this is also great: youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

But I'd think Veeky Forums would be calling him out on saying a calorie isn't a calorie.

Hello, /fat/ I am just starting to go to the gym and I wanted to figure out a diet plan.
I heard that you can either cut bulk or maintain and I was wondering which one of these I should do.
I have 21% body fat weigh 162 and i am 5 foot 9 inches tall.
Any constructive reply is appreciated.

What scale number should I trust?

Some times I'll get on the scale and it'll flash like 241.6 but then less than a second later it will say 240.3.

I get off and get back on it says 240.3.

Who do I trust

>tfw weighed in at 226 late last year
>now at 208

Will I make it to

Right in the middle. Eggs for breakfast. Chicken salad for lunch. And chicken breasts and rice for dinner.

Take all 3, add em up, and divide by 3 and you'll probably get the closest real number. Part of the scientific method yo.

if you're 6'1 then that's the minimum you should aim for

thank you

I was bad today
1200kcal
that's brought my average up to 850

Do you or others move the scale? In that case you have to zero the scale there some differences between scales but for most you have to turn it on, wait until it turns off automatically, and then weigh yourself normally.

dude 800 a day is not healthy for anybody. You're going to crash

I need some help /fat/. I have 2 calorie tracking apps and they both say i need 3200 calories a day to lose weight. For the past month I've been eating 2000 a day while doing cardio every day and weight lifting 3x a week 5x5. Weight loss has stopped for the past 3 weeks and people are telling me it's because I'm in starvation mode so my body isn't losing weight while I ready on fit everyone says cals in vs cals out and you will lose weight. Is this just a meme? Do I need to eat a lot more to lose weight and hit that 3200 cal a day? Thx for reading this noob asses question.

t. Fattie

3200 calories?

Are you like 9 feet tall dude?

not every day, average
ranges from 500 to 1700, depends on how busy I am

How do I avoid stress eating /fat/?

I managed to lose 8 pounds in the past few weeks, I know it's not that much, but it's a start and it means a lot to me that I'm on the correct path. But it's 10PM and I already ate my daily calories, yet I'm still hungry. All I can think about is food, and what a fucking loser I am, and it makes me want to raid the fridge and eat until I feel full and safe.

fasting including if is one of the main causes for gallstones, also can lead to blood sugar problems. Not worth the risk if you can just eat normal meals with self-control.

I know at least for me when I get these urges I try and translate them into something else. Like when I feel awful and upset I go to the climbing gym and climb until I'm physically exhausted.

It might not work for you, but it works for me.

you know when you pick up the food and put it in your mouth? Don't do that

gum
eat some fruit/veg

Can we put this in the OP from now on?
youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA

You're not accurately counting calories. Also what's your weight?

6'2" 338lbs

I put my weight and picked the least active mode on both apps and both say to lose 2 lbs a week I have to eat 3200 calories. That's why I'm confused is 2k not enough and putting my body into starvation mode or am I just counting wrong though I scan everything into my app and use that to calculate everything ? I just want to find out so I can correct it and make it.

Read the sticky!

cliffnotes:

Don't use the term starvation mode ever again, its SJW bullshit. Sure metabolism slows down eventually but not enough to stop weight loss it will just slow down.

You are probably calculating calories wrong or you eat calories that you aren't tracking. Get a scale and weigh your food, a serving size is usually less than the whole bag.

It's a Lent Friday B O I Z, any other Catho/fit/'s here?

Where you getting your fish tonight?

What style?

What sides?

I'm getting broiled cod from a place in my neighborhood. I always eat light on Friday's because they have some bomb ass french fries there and their red skin potatos (no sweet potatos there) are burnt to shit.

Count your calories better, at that weight you should be losing incredibly rapidly, so obviously you're putting more food in than you think. It's probably something you don't pick up on like too much cereal or a drink with calories.

how should you handle returning to maintenance after a deficit without triggering a weight rebound?

How bad is drinking when you're trying to lose weight? Can I do it once a week or is it too bad?

drinking is fucking horrible man, just don't.

You just eat what you think your maintenance calories are and adjust the calories based on weight changes.

Slowly. And don't stop counting calories for about a quarter of the time you've been losing. Set MFP or whatever at maintenance and keep counting until you can be sure you won't binge. Good luck.

Terrible. Makes it really hard. You'll drink a fuckton of calories and have no self control in regards to food as well.

I've been doing that from the start, that's why progress has ground almost to a complete halt

> started 96kg (211 pounds) and 30% body fat
> Now 71kg (156 pounds) 16% body fat

A-am I going to make it?

You were wrong.

Read the sticky

Wtf? 1200 is minimum?

I like this idea that or this

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

no, the bmr of my goal weight is 1700, so that's my limit
but I haven't hit that in so long that my average is 850, so 1200 is a lot

Im 6 1 and currently going for 145 lmao

I am catho/fit/ but i just didn't eat any meat today because white fish is gross and tasteless

If the BMR of your goal weight is 1700, don't go below 1700 you fucking dumbass.

explain why
pretend I'm retarded

not sure that's possible désú

using my bf% I worked out that devoid of fat completely I'd be 150

He's retarded. You can go below that in order to reach your goal faster. That being said, you're retarded with your diet too, you're eating irregularly and way too low, enjoy that muscle loss. 1500 is generally considered minimum for men.
If eating at 1200 for one day effects your average that much, it's obvious you haven't been doing this long. You're going to fail. Next time you decide to lose weight don't be retarded, read the sticky, and do it properly.

lots of assumptions friend
wrong on five counts

Post your progress then

"BMR measurements are typically taken in a darkened room upon waking after 8 hours of sleep, 12 hours of fasting to ensure that the digestive system is inactive, and with the subject resting in a reclined position."

Basically BMR is what your body uses in a coma. Calculate your TDEE and eat at a deficit but you shouldn't be going below BMR.

Also Y-you're r-retarded

are you the girl that pretends she isn't anorexic but actually is? Even if you aren't the retarded thread in Veeky Forums is probably more your speed.

110lbs since september
could easily carry on forever

I'm not posting a photo
it's up to you if you want to believe me, but what reason would I have to lie?

a pro-ana thread or something?
nah, those freaks are vacuous dingbats

I remember that girl too.

Pls go and stay go.

Ah yeah, you are one of the anorexics. You really should just start namefagging so people can filter you or not post here, why ask for advice if nobody can give you the apprpriate advice? Veeky Forums is over there

anorexia is an eating disorder
I don't have an eating disorder

how about you fuck off instead?
not like the thread is better for your presence

By eating only 800kcal you would fit right in there.

A V E R A G E

I know you're baiting but your presence is actually hurting the thread and also,

You're fat. Go starve yourself some more and fuck off.

oh, you said the magic word
I guess this is over now

so? That changes nothing, you aren't getting enough nutrients.

because nutrients are essential for weight loss

think before you post

>its 1am and you're arguing with attention seekers on a siamese tea brewing papyrus
th-they said losing weight would make my life better ;-;

>You're fat
ouch, that hurt

are we talking anorexic fat?
stands to reason that you're fat too

you really would like the thinspo thread in Veeky Forums, many likeminded folks over there. At this point you are obviously trolling, so please just stop posting here.

you think calling me baiting or a troll will resolve anything?

if you want to stop engaging me, stop engaging me
be an adult

do you guys try to calorie count restraunt food. I just are corned beef and potatoes with cabbage and I am just going to guesstimate that was 1500 calories

>do you guys try to calorie count restraunt food
Of course nigga.

Coffee / chewing gum / cigarette

>fish sandwich for 1.79 on fridays
>if the LA kings win you get a big mac for free

could have been worse

Also I keep getting a weird tightness below the right side of my collarbone when I increase the intensity on the treadmill (~160 BPM). I was freaking out and thought it was my heart but I remembered that it's on the other side. Any idea what's causing this? I can go on the elliptical for and push to 190 BPM without getting the same pain.

Do you eat out regularly? Because that's a bad terrible idea if you're trying to cut weight

I eat out a few times but normally I stick to some 200-300 calorie meal from the dollar menu. I only ate the big meal because it was a special for St Pattys day

make sure your scales are on a hard floor. Or better yet get some medical scales

I like that vid. But I know even if I lose weight ill never get a qt gym girl.

Its st patricks day, you could eat meat today mate. If you dont like fish just do greek yogurt. No requirement to eat fish, just dont eat meat or snack as well desu.

I had a nice big steak, was great

I usually forget about the "don't eat meat on friday" schtick and this year I don't really care because I gave up beef/pork for the entirety of lent. I can eat chicken when I damn well please Jesus.

I am talking anorexic fat where they think they're obese for not being 3lbs smaller

Ofc I am fat

Well when you put it like that...

You'll still be Veeky Forums

Yeah same here man I haven't even looked at a red meat in months

I FUCKING HATE WATER WHY IS THERE NO GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO PIC RELATED.

Coffee isn't an alternative.
Tea isn't an alternative.

Fuck. I'm having such a hard time replacing my diet in which I've lived for so long essentially replacing water with Soda/Coffee+Creamer/Milk/Juice but juice is super expensive.

yeah, im losing weight for myself at this point. I dont mind, its tough and im really bad at this. I was 225ish in 2015 and im only 183 now and I still have another 10 lbs roughly. Its so tough I dont know why I cant drop. Im thinking of going drastic measures soon and doing a super hard cut.

>I hate water
LITERALLY subhuman

yes there is
drink that zero calory lemon sparkly water shit
stuffs good, plus you're gonna burp like mad
tons of fun

>tfw stop drinking soda
>pee turns dark yellow from its original mildly yellow over a few weeks
>its because I'm literally just not drinking liquids because its not worth it and the only time I end up consuming water is when my saliva gets all bubbly and gross and my head hurts super bad.

Is a beer really like having seven slices of bread?

keep at it dawg
it will be better

For the caffeine energy drink try Monster Zero.

I'm a tourist, is Monster Zero a meme here?

Sort of. Some people here think that it was started by literal shills from Monster themselves so it's sort of taboo to use the maymay.

No, but it is shilled here fucking hard.

Alright lads, I've lost about 10 pounds over the past two months and I need to lose about 150 total. Is there any way of boosting this weight loss up? Losing a pound or two a week is infuriatingly slow. I want to be Veeky Forums.