How long after an intense workout should you wait to take a cold shower?

How long after an intense workout should you wait to take a cold shower?

Is it even safe to take a cold shower after an intense workout?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cold showers are in my meme book, but you should be ok.
Swedes go from saunas to making snow angels, and they seem to be fi... Wait.

>Is it even safe to take a cold shower after an intense workout?

No, man, have you ever put a scalding hot pan into cold water? Same thing happens with your body, steam shoots everywhere and it warps your spine.

Topkek

I take them after 20 minutes in a sauna for about a minute. You feel drained as fuck after that

That's fucking genius.

Have you ever put a hot test tube in cold water in chem lab? The glass shatters. That's what happens to your skin

Yeah I get the idea. thats not what I asked

my question is, how long after a workout can I say that my body has cooled down enough for it to be safe to take a cold shower?

you're being memed on friendo

Take an ice bath 20 min ice bath instead

Cold showers are always safe.

Hot showers are not after exercise. Vasodilation leads to lower blood pressure, which when couple with the elevated heart rate from exercise, leads to a heart attack because all your blood is in your extremities and your heart thinks you're bleeding out and it's trying to keep your brain alive. This causes you to feel drowsy which means you stat in the hot bathtub to rest, and boom, you have what we in the medical profession call an athlete's death.

Listen cold showers are great but yes you need to wait. Not for the reasons and said.
There was some DR chick on the joe rogan podcast. Her segmentes get posted her alot so good luck finding it. But she talks about how cold showers are great at reducing inflammation, but thats bad right after a workout cause you need to stay inflammed slightly so your hormones will respond accordingly. She said wait at least 1 hr and your body will have responded with its own actions then hop in the cold shower to help as well.
A quick google/youtube search should find the clip.

they're mad refreshing, back when I used to run I used to jump into a cold shower afterwords every time.

Cold showers inhibit muscle recovery and reduce gains. Prove me wrong.

That sounds like absolute total bullshit mixed with the shittiest broscience ever.

I can imagine that it actually might be bad for your skin if you are going from really warm, like after sauna, to really cold, but I doubt that there will be a noticeable difference after a workout.

>caked on makeup in the shower

no complaints whatsoever

>tfw you will never fill her pussy with cum in the shower

Jesus Christ why even live?

How do you think they wash it off.
>retard

Do you think it just comes off the way clothes do and it doesn't need to be WASHED off? Retard.

Most girls will take it off in the shower if they take one before bed.

Shower sex is shitty anyway, water makes the shitiest lube and it just hurts. One of the few times sex was BETTER with a condom (Less painful friction).

Well, shower curls are the ideal cool down, so I always take my showers immediately after I workout.

I disagree, a nice hot shower fuck is nice imo but I can see why it might be shit to you

She has a phd. Did you even listen to it and google the study or are you talking bro science yourself?

shower sex is more of a novelty, unless you have a really large shower and something on the tile for added friction and support, it can be cramped and unbalanced. it's honestly just better for foreplay and lighthearted sexual bonding.

damn nigga I can't. good proofs and memes

Cold showers are a meme. Worse than doing nothing.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154

Youre fucking retarded. Read Its already been said you have to wait.

Have you ever thrown boiling water into sub-zero temperatures? it freezes almost instantly. That's what happens to your blood.

Have you ever smashed two atoms together to produce nuclear fusion? That's what happens when you lift weights.

cool links memelord but read the thread. I'm not defending cold showers, I am asking how long after working out can I take one

I don't have the option of a hot shower huehue

I feel like this one of those things that is true but you only need to worry about if you are a top 0.000001% percent bodybuilder trying to etch out those last drop of gain. just like eating protein at the right time of day.

none of us are gonna fucking lose gains cos we took a cold shower too fast after working out.

I doubt they do much scientifically. But they feel pretty amazing once you try it a couple times and get used to the shock of the first 30second hit of cold.

>girl taking a shower with makeup
>"i-it's supposed to work like this"

No you mong, if she's really showering then why isn't her face wet ?

"S-She'll do it later"

wait an hour after workout
QED
/thread

I get head rush and real dizzy whenever i have shower sex. though i like my showers with very high temperatures

Man, that brings back some good HS memories. Exploring a girl's body by soaping her up was pretty righteous.

>mfw I laughed but then I realized that I recently got a fucked up back not long after I started taking cold showers
w...what do you know user?