Is Ice Cream Fitness unironically the best version of Starting Strenght?

Is Ice Cream Fitness unironically the best version of Starting Strenght?

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

icf is for beginners that would more rather focus on aesthetics than pure strength which is probably the majority.

so yeh its really good. but id still say alpha destinys novice program is still better for general strength training. SS is too minimalistic and yeh the book is great but the program has such limited exercise selection which can be good for complete newbs but after like 3 months u need more exercises or u will develop muscular imbalances. ICF and AD's novice correct this issue and give u much better upper body devlopment than SS/SL. SL is complete dogshit btw and ICF is better than it in every way other that work capacity required to run the program

How would you develop muscular imbalances doing:

>squats
>deadlifts
>power cleans
>bench
>presses
>pull ups & chin ups

I'm not saying it's optimal for bodybuilding, but what muscle group is being neglected? I can see maybe a bit too much emphasis on the posterior chain with low bar squats in conjunction with all that pulling

There's a serious lack of upper back work in the program. Also bicep work, but most people won't be on SS long enough for that to start being an issue.

>There's a serious lack of upper back work in the program
>Bent over rows
>Curls
>Deadlift
>Shrugs

What else can you do with a barebell/dumbbells

Only one of those is actually in the program and its for one set every two sessions. Also deadlifts aren't super great for upper back development to begin with (some of their variants are, but the base lift isn't).

>Only one of those is actually in the program and its for one set every two sessions

U wot

Workout A has literally bent over rows Deadlift and shrugs, curls are in A and B.

stop spreading hippie bullshit advice. anyone thats trained longer than 6 months knows that in order to actually get strong biceps and triceps u NEED accesory work that ISOLATES the muscle. on SS/SL ur gonna have a strong core and strong legs, pretty weak arms and shoulders, weak upper back, weak lower back, (dont tell me squats and deads give u better lower back because they do but you also need to isolate lower back and abs with accesroy work or u will 100% injure urself in the future) and u will also have a weak neck. alpha destinys novice program overall has better exercise selection, higher volume, better progression scheme, and actually has the science to back up the program, not saying rippetoe doesnt but u know Alphas program isnt bullshit and it gives u better results imo especially in the upper body. only downside is ur quads will lag a bit but u will have a posterior chain of the gods. but if ur a novice ur quads will grow no matter the squat variation.

not dissing rippe toe he created a great book for complete beginner lifters but id say after ur 2nd or even 1st stall i would switch to something with higher exercise selection that gives u better overlap into all muscle groups.

>stop spreading hippie bullshit advice
I'm not spreading advice at all, I was asking a question you illiterate dimwit

what the fuckprogram r u talking about.. ICF isnt starting strength u mong. were talking about starting strength theres nothing wrong with ICF its actaully goood u dumb cunt

ICF is great even if Blaha is an absolute tool. Reg Park's is better imho.

t. didnt read the full post and read the first line and decided to make an uninformed reply.

another solid program. much better than starting strength and debatable if better than ICf but good nonetheless.

But that's straight up wrong. Squats and deadlifts with good form are king for lower back. I bet you still lift babyweights. Also,

>weak shoulders

Moron. Off yourself asap.

You write like a retard throughout the whole post and every other post you've made ITT

no actually. if ur lifting in the big weights and all u do is squats and deadlifts u will snap up eventually. why cant u hippe motherfuckers understand that doing hyperextensions or weighted plansk at the end of a fucking workout isnt going to do nothing but benefit the performance of ur other main lifts and will keep u injury free. every strong person i know doesnt do minimalist shit so i bet u dont even squat or dead 4 plates yet

t. still didnt read the entire reply. stop fucking replying to me until u actually read what i say and adress something i said not this ad hominem bullshit u fucking monkey cunt

Lol. Actually I pull over 200 and squat 180 - kilos of course. If you want proof I'm happy to upload the results from my last meet which was November last year. Every strong person I know doesn't do stupid exercises like planks. And I sure as shit know more than you.

>stop fucking replying to me
No

another comment where u dont adress any of my arguements and greentext something i said and make a half assed reply to it seriously dude ur one of the dumbest cunts on fit and completely disregard the idea that people should do accesorry work to assist their main lifts and keep muscle imbalances from happeneing but hey why am i even writing this ur only gonna read the first 2 words of this post anyway.

Are you retarded
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

>another comment
Have one more

This tbqh

Fuck the bodybuilding bro science that has spreading around Veeky Forums lately.

On another note, yeh ICF is pretty good. Though in my opinion training calves or wrists for size as a natty is more or less a waste of time.

samefag. ur actually delusional cunt u know people can check post id from IP yeh.

starting strength literally includes back extensions

You are an idiot.

no it doesnt. TM does.

Why don't you check the IP then you little cunt?

Also there's more people disagreeing with you by the looks of it.

??? ITS YOU STILL U FUCKING AUTISTIC CUNT. YOUVE MADE 9 POSTS AND UR THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS REPLYING TO MY COMMENTS. STOP PRETENDIGN LIKE OTHER PEOPLE R DISAGREEING WITH ME ITS LITERALLY JUST U U DUMB FAGGOT

Sharpen up bro.

rofl u used ur pc to post that one. all others are from iPhone connected to telstra

Starting Strength, Chapter 7.
It's literally there.

wow you're retarded

why don't you post a current body pic with lifting stats?