Acne Treatments?

How do I cure my acne? I've had this shit for 3-4 years now! Nothing seems to work out.
*Pic unrelated*

Other urls found in this thread:

acne.org/myths.html
activatethecard.com/7395/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If its really bad then go to a dermatologist and get accutane its worked for everyone i know.

Decided I'll post a pic of my acne.

just wash ur face

How much is it?

Tried doing that. Just makes it worse.

what country do you live in?

stop eating so much shit

I had pretty moderate acne for years. I tried a lot of different regimens and nothing seemed to work. But changing regimens all the time actually makes it worse. Get a good routine going and stick with it every single day. Your skin will probably get worse for a week or so but that's normal. STICK WITH THE ROUTINE. I also cut out almost all dairy. Milk made my face look worse.

My person routine is:
1. Cereve facial wash
2. Witchhazel toner
3. Bezoyl peroxide cream
4. Acne control moisturizer

I do that twice a day. In morning and then before I go to bed. I also wash my sheets and pillowcases every week. If you do that, keep up with it for a few months and you should notice some good changes. Then after your acne is totally clear, you will probably have some acne scars that will slowly fade over years. Chemical peels can help fade them later down the road.
Or just go see a dermatologist.
Good luck man. Acne fuckin sucks.

Retin a, Accutane

~150/month for me

I just squeeze the sebum out and it doesn t leave a mark

Gotta figure out the reason for your acne.

Bacterial Acne:
Benzoyl Peroxide
Clean pillow cases
Stop touching your face

Dietary Acne:
Eat less sugar/carbs (I always break out if I binge on sugar)
Chocolate for some reason does seem to actually be worse then other forms of sugar for me.
I've heard of other people breaking out from dairy as well, but that may be hormonal. Which brings us to our next cause:

Hormonal Acne:
Accutane will wreck your liver but fix this for most people. A less invasive option is cutting down on food that has hormones added (dairy, meat, etc).
Lower your stress levels. Too much stress = acne.

Good luck. Keep journals and be a scientist about it.

acutane is the only cure

you're cute

You need to do all of the following. If one thing slips the acne will return.

>wash every 12 hours with a gentle non-comedogenic cleanser
>blot your skin dry with a clean towel, don't rake a towel across your face
>5 mins later apply benzoyl peroxide to entire face
>5 mins later apply gentle non-comedogenic lotion
>don't ever touch your face unless it's to do the above
>drink a gallon of water per day, minimum
>get 8 hours of sleep a night
>change your sheets and pillowcases weekly at minimum
>sleep on your back, don't be a baby, just fucking do it. if you can, then stop wearing hair product because you're just smooshing it into your pores while you skeep
>stop shaving. grow a beard and keep it trimmed with an electric trimmer

You're welcome

/r/skincareaddiction

Keep your face clean, don't touch it after washing. Don't pick your face.
Always use clean towels, change your pillow cases daily. Hygiene is imperative.

Don't eat any sugar. Don't eat anything with added sugar. Research every food you eat, it probably has sugar in it. Drop that shit.
Dairy could also cause acne.
Best is to daily write down (morning and evening) what you ate and what your skin looks like, so you can easily track what could lead to breakouts. Noting stressful events could be good too, that shit can lead to breakouts too.

Start with a cleansing routine. Patch test every product on the back of your hand before you go to smear it in your face. (Good product recommendations are on the skincareaddiction leddit sub.)

Also see a dermatologist, but not just a random one or you're pretty much guaranteed to get fucked. Seek out one who specializes in acne treatment and takes this shit seriously.

lol at all this
literally accutane and you can eat whatever crap you want and never wash and your skin will be crystal clear

Drink a shit ton of water and eat properly
Get stridex pads and use them once an hour whenever you're not home
Get an over the counter face wash and use it every time you come home and every hour that you're home
Use an exfoliating scrub before bed and when you wake up
Get those biore pore strips and use them once a day
Get Aztec secret Indian healing clay and use it every other day when you have a half hour to spare
Use a fresh pillowcase each night
Shower before bed and when you wake up; moisturizer after your morning shower. Shower immediately after sweating. Make these showers hot as fuck to open up your pores.
This routine will dry your skin out to the point that acne will only have time to form when you're sleeping, but it won't crack your skin. If you're really dedicated get up halfway through your sleep cycle and use the otc face wash. Either way after a couple of months your overnight oil production will drop to nothing and your face will be clear.
Prescription gels and acutane will make your face crack, peel, turn red, and make your acne worse before it gets better.
I had acne for years and tried various prescriptions with no success because the side effects were more embarrassing than the acne.
Stopping acne is all about cutting oil and keeping your pores clear. Follow my steps and you'll be good

Enjoy your side effects.

If the acne isn't severe enough you won't get that stuff though.

STOP POPING THEM

male nurse bro. I never post but I really want to help

I pop them every day and my face is smood

sorry wrong screen shot

these should help and no script needed. If you can get Accutane that would be best research recommended dosage. If you can go to a doctor do that.

try tanning to speed the process along. Ultraviolet light kills bacteria.

>tfw tried proactive and now face is darker everywhere I applied it, permanently look like I got a sunburn with sunglasses on
Acne cures are a fucking meme

Don't listen to him, it's perfectly safe to pop them.

acne.org/myths.html

>just went out with a girl yesterday
>we kissed and such
>go to the bathroom
>go look at myself in the mirror
>see acne marks all on my face
>rest of the date I try to avoid having her look at my face

Is acne something I should be super depressed about or am I going to be okay?

ordered online from india, 6 months of 20mg a day and my skin has been clear for 4 years, best decision i ever made

>go out with pizza face guy because I feel bad for him
>kiss him to stop him from killing himself
>he leaves for the bathroom
>think about leaving him when he is gone
>Chad sends me unsolicited dick pics
>smile at how enormous his dick is
>text him "see you later (winky face)"
>decide to stay since date is almost over
>he comes back looking sad
>doesn't even look me in the eyes the rest of the date
>go to Chads house for pizza and sex
>feel his perfect skin during post coitus cuddling
Why do acnecels even try?

You are fucking evil m8

activatethecard.com/7395/
Click link and activate card it helps with copay. I work in a pharmacy.

>20mg for 6 months
Sucker. Higher dosages for shorter terms is more effective

Veeky Forums is full of broscientists, half of the posts itt are retarded af.
Go to a derma and get a prescription, if this is you He'll most likely prescribe a tretinoin/antibacterial combo cream.

kek

>If the acne isn't severe enough you won't get that stuff though

unaware goys. most steroid sources stock pharma accutane in the UK. Most US sources stock at least ugl versions.

I had moderate acne many years ago and got an accutane prescription. After 4 months i had permanently chapped lips and still had acne.

It's been 8 years and i still have to apply chapstick every single day. Accutane is garbage unless you have a really severe case.

Drink a gallon of water a day.....wash face with soap morning and evening.....dont touch face to pick spots....try it for 3 weeks...1 gallon or spots for life

Providing your lips with moisture while expecting them to feel the need to produce their own....

I cannot recommend this more.

I had awful acne. My cheeks would be swollen red with pimples and white heads every morning. I tried new shit every week and nothing worked. eventually i just bought myself a face wash, toner, benzoyl peroxide (very important), and moisturizer. I didnt give a shit what I bought as long as it said "acne control" on it i just bagged it. Sticked with it for 2 weeks and notice very tiny changes like how my acne was receding and not red/purple anymore. i'm 5 months in and my face is mostly free acne. I get less than 2 breakouts every week compared to before.

tips that helped me -
dont touch your face after applying the products. it may itch but damn dude you gotta fight the temptation.

keep hair away from face. use products such as pomade/ wax to get it away. also helps you look fly AF

stick with the routine. do it twice every day and dont ever skip.

I had horrible acne in high school and went on Accutane immediately before college. It works fantastic but it is some intense shit. My face dried out so badly I looked like a fucking lizard man. If you take it, make sure you take a week off or something until the major dryness goes away (if you even experience it).

My skin got extremely dry from that shit.
I have to moisturized all the time.

I can't go swimming any longer. When I get out of the water and dry off my skin starts to flake off and itches like hell.
It also gave me chronic depression and damaged my liver.
Fuck that shit.

nofap + cold shower.

check the nofap subreddit and read the countless posts of people who got a clear skin by doing it.

I can tell you that it worked for me.

Shaving everyday religiously. IDK why, but whenever I try grow even a 1/4 inch of facial hair I get acne around my jawline and mouth. If I keep it up its fine.

Benzoyl Peroxide works if you can put up with the nasty side effects in the first month. Was put on it in my teens during a nasty outbreak and cleared that shit up fine.

But as others have said, go see a Derm.

Seconding this, Used to have terrible forehead and backne. Now I fap only once a week.

Also eat as clean as possible.

that's a cool name

>shave
>clean pillowcase every night
>go to a dermatologist and ask what your medication options are

i stopped eating excess sugar and mine went away

friendly reminder that nobody notices your acne as much as you do

Did you try high dosed beta carotene? Takes a few months to work by the way.

If that doesn't work. Go to a doctor who is willing to prescribe you oral pills based on Isotretinoin. I think in the US the commonly prescribed brand is called Accutane. In Germany it's Aknenormin. Not sure what its called around the globe.

This
I tried EVERYTHING and only accutane fixed my acne

Stop hot showers
Stop eating dairy
Eat a serving of beef heart every day
use clean sheets and wear clean clothes every day

if you do that for 3 months and your acne hasnt greatly improved then you should go on accutane

Yeah had the same experience, was acne free for like 4 years. Now its coming back.

Is this true?

No, acne is fucking obvious as fuck, especially outside under sunlight. That guy probably thinks his little puberty pimples are comparable to full-blown acne.

True. If I look at myself in the mirror 1.5-2 feet away it's not even noticeable, maybe a bit if I focus.

I notice acne, but I acne are my sexual fetish.

Fuck. So that's why people have been looking at me weird. Lighting at home makes it look not that bad.

Get a tan, makes it less obvious.

Nutrition wise you can also get beta carotene and omega3 suplements, gives you a healthier skin tone which makes the red spots less obvious too. Pic related, second pic shows beta carotene glow.

of course it is

that isn't to say that if you have mild-severe acne nobody will be aware of it, but it's not nearly as prominent as you think

let me put it this way: nobody thinks your acne looks as bad as you think.

When will this shitty meme end, you're even worse than brap posters.

>getting a tan to help with acne and acne discoloration.
That's the dumbest thing you can do. To actually fade your scars and discoloration you should be lightening your skin.
Use sunscreen, avoid direct contact with the sun, use chemical exfoliaters, and maybe mess around with some asian skin lightening products.

ACCUTANE

nice shopped pics m8

Exposure to sunlight without sunscreen can cause darkening of scars assuming your acne has already caused skars. The pimples themselves will look less red on tanned skin though. Generally everyone should wear sunscreen when getting a tan, ultraviolet radiation fucks up your skin in many different ways.

I just used google image search, it's a real thing so, google it.

I tried a lot of common treatments before, but one day I decided to start taking cold showers and no joke, since that day, my acne has significantly reduced. Now, I just wash my face with cold water after showers and throughout the day and I only get minimal acne when I eat like garbage or drink alcohol.

Not sure if it was a coincidence or what.

Go to a dermatologist asap. Seriously, fucking do it. You're not going to fix it any other way, natural cures are bullshit and over the counter products are for only very light cases of acne.

You are going to require an anti-bacterial/anti-inflammatory medication and some topical cream. You will see improvement in a few weeks and then wonder why you didn't go earlier.

>been there, done that.

It can take over a year to see a dermatologist in this country (canada)

just fucking shave them you pussy

drink water
change sheets
dont touch your face
moisturize if you have dry skin
use coverup until acne gos aaway so you dont get the urge to pick at them
congratulations, you no longer have acne

Get some accutane off of the darkweb

Tretinoin gel is the best treatment by far. That's what my dermatologist gave me, and has given me the best results.

My friend called me today saying he'll hop on accutane and stop lifting because of it. I've known him for a while and am aware accutane is his only cure. The question is, does he really have to stop lifting? Any anons here have experiences with lifting on accutane?

a flamethrower

yes actually i went on accutane for 6 months, cleared everything up, I was worried about the same thing and the doctor was flattered and said that I didn't have anything to worry about lifting weights even though on the potential side-effects it said weakened muscles and bones, must be a minimally reported side effect as she was confident I would be fine lifting. I had no problems whatsoever lifting while on it

It causes joint pain, so you have to do low intensity. The doctor can change the dosage depending on your activity level, so you can take a lower dosage over a longer period of time and still train. But you need to clear that with the doctor beforehand.

I was on accutane and I still get acne. It's still kind of bad on my chest and back

Side effects depend on the dosage.
Your friend's doctor will know more than a bunch of autismos on Veeky Forums, if he was asked to stop lifting while on accutane he probably should.

>dont wank your little guy
>take zinc
>dont wash your face
>go outside and got plenty of sun
the last two is the most important, you probably wash your face too often because you feel ugly, while killing the oils of your face especially if you use face creams too.Your body can take care of itself but you are retarded and intervening, and make it hard 4 your body.

Soon there will be summer, so use a lot of time to get some second degree sunburns, faggot. It will be good for your body.

I was on it freshman year in college, worked pretty well. Don't really get acne anymore and it's been almost 10 years.

>pop zit
>clean with rubbing alcohol
>repeat

Probably need to start changing your pillowcase every night too

go to your family doctor then. They can prescribe most of the same stuff that a derm can, and most likely it will help.

I had similar issue like you except it was on my forehead. I got prescribed some retinoids from my doctor and it helped immensely. There's no need to suffer through that.

The only valid answer.
/thread

OP dont fall for the acutane meme. eat fruit, cut out meat and dairy as much as possible, go outside, dont fap
pretty muchbut make sure you cut down on meat and dairy and boost up fruits. It helps a lot (go vegan)

Tips for blackheads ?

chemical exfoliation (AHA and/or BHA).

It killed my acne. But it was hell going through it

This.

Same reason why instead of baking for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, I bake for 3 minutes at 3500 degrees.

EWWW JESUS STERILIZE YOURSELF IN A BRAZEN BULL YOU FUCKING ATROCITY MAKE IT STOP AHHH

I can't afford Accutane right now and don't want to deal with the side effects.

But Pantothenic acid 750 mg and 250 mg l-carnitine 3x a day and Niacinamide 500 mg 1x a day has been just as effective as Accutane for me while being dirt cheap.

No side effects. Yet.

>This
Limp dick, coudn't focus, depressed.
It did work though.

This shit right here nigga

28y reporting in and finally got rid of my bad acne, jesus fucking christ what a relief.

took accutane during freshmen year

Only got one or two pimples once in a while when I didn't get enough sleep

have hideous fucking scars though

Accutane is truly the one and only miracle pill for pizza face acne

Alright here is my plan.

1) Wash my face and back 2-3x per day with cetaphil cleanser

2) moisturize with cetaphil moisturizer

3) use prescription meds I got from dermatologist

4) get facials 2x per month

5) cut out foods that are shitty for my health

6) do the Le Vegetarian may may do a bit

7) monitor situation over time and adapt if necessary

Hello Charles

accutane is literally chemo

what do you value, your looks or your health?

No it is not. Dumb ass

>cut out meat and dairy as much as possible
this is the dilemma, we're on Veeky Forums and cutting out meat isn't entirely feasible