Switching routines

At what point has a beginner gotten strong enough to switch to a purely aesthetics based routine? Should said beginner have reached 1/2/3/4?

The biggest guys in the gym never did "beginner routines" so I wouldn't come to Veeky Forums for advice, bud.

it's a good spot yes

I'm switching at 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 though, so I got some extra to fall back on

When linear progression stops

What does 1/2/3/4 mean?

If you're a 200 lbs male then maybe. Seriously don't worry about it, you can probably switch to an intermediate style of progress (+5 or 10 every week) when you stall once or twice. It's not bad to preemptively switch to a slower progression scheme.

when your lifts achieve sentience and can count to 4 themselves

One thing I've never understood in my 6 months of liftan, when you guys say 1/2/3/4 is that a 1RM? Because I don't think my OHP 1RM was ever below 1 plate.

the digits are plates you load on one side of the bar

1pl8 ohp 135lbs
2pl8 bench 225 lbs
3pl8 squat 315lbs
4pl8 diddly 400 or whatever Im yuropoor

It's one rep.

that depends on whatever the fug you feel like

when I started at 120lbs 6'0 skelly I couldn't ohp the bar, took me 2 years for 1/2/3/4

I hit 2/3/4/5 before I switched to GVT.

I mean, I switched to GVT today and I'm already considering giving it up. It's too fucking hard, man.

Wait, what? I tought it was for sets of 5? Are you saying I already reached 1/2/3/4?

Thanks everyone. So basically whenever I want, but 1/2/3/4 would be a good place to start?

That's because your are doing it seated

yes, by that point you're stronger than 90% of the world and probly 90% of gym goers as well

Strong OHP myths. I can lift more standing than seated. I can also lift more behind the neck and my standard btn and snatch grip btn are about the same.

They all took flu shoots.

Sounds good. Do most people achieve this while still doing a beginners routine like SS/GSLP or mostly after switching to a different routine?

I would bet anything on push press if not estatting. I have known people start at near 1 plate (I am one), but mostly people recognize it's a feat rather than nonchalantly brushing it off like that idiot.

Your still a begginer till you hit this. 1234 is babby

I've always been /homegym/ and haven't browsed a lot of fitness sites so I don't really know what the strength standards are. But hey if my OHP is impressive then I'm glad.

Most people who aren't skelly that follow SS reach it in about 6-7 months.

You have shit form on all your lifts. Klokov is a world class presser and his standard ohp is way stronger than his behind the neck, which is stronger than his snatch press. It's not a myth, it's biomechanics.