/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Weekend feels edition

last one is about to die because of bmi > 300

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

flamefile.com/598552
slimdownload.co/598548
slimdownload.co/598543
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fat bros, learn how to cook. Cutting will be a lot easier if you know how to cook actual tasty and healthy food.
flamefile.com/598552

also if you want to cut a bit harder you can try out the aggressive fat loss 2.0
slimdownload.co/598548

>last one is about to die because of bmi > 300
kek
anyone know how to stop the sugar carvings? I have some kind of almost addiction to that shit and it fucks up my weight loss..

keto my man. It killed all my sugar cravings. fuck carbs, they made us fat in the first place.

recipes looking good

>st patricks day was 1 year since I decided to stop being a fat piece of shit
>down from 235lb to 140
>actually a little too thin now
>went out, drank got high and completely binged

first time I have strayed from my routine in a year, felt good.

Just how bad is smoking for trying to lose weight? it fucks with your respiratory system for sure but other than long term effects can you expect to get any sort of problem besides that when going for weight loss?

Also wanted to know just how many calories you guys go for in your deficits so that I can get an idea of where to go right now.

what has worked for you? how do you stay motivated?

>didn't bother linking new thread in last thread

what the fuck, do you know how long it takes fat people to migrate, let alone when they aren't told to???

don't smoke to lose weight idiot

I started with maintenance and just kept subtracting calories as I got used to it. Down to like 1300-1500 with a 2400 TDEE, not going to go any lower.

I don't smoke but was wondering what effects it had when losing weight.

Thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it and I'll try it out to see if it works for me.

done faggot

>swapping obesity for lung cancer
just eat less fatass

Oh I didn't like that very much.

But I understand your criticism.

Just throw away your chisel

Wow! Thank you for the recipes. I've been meaning to try to cook better for myself. I just need to learn how to exercise properly now.

It's Saturday which is the most common cheat day for fatties.

whatcha eatin' Veeky Forums?

I'm having an Asian-style turkey burger.

the recommend diet worked for me. IF is nice because of how it regulates your insulin. the book helped me a lot when I started my cut.

Could anyone offer advice for a girl trying to get toned? Such as, good exercises apart from just squats. I'm not very strong, and I'm quite small.

how do you know if you're obsessed with weight loss?

I tend to think about it a lot, and have had a few nightmares where I've eaten something and not recorded the calories.

reading the sticky helps

Swimming

read the sticky and do SS. The program is unisex, and since it contains squats and deadlifts it will hit your legs pretty good.
slimdownload.co/598543

b my gf pls

I see, sorry. I'm just kind of new here and was too nervous to make my own thread. But thank you.

Okay, will do! Thank you!

Everyone has to start somewhere.

>girl trying to get toned?
meme on

Anyone have experience with a keto diet? Just starting mine today. 210, 5'11

Also I'm almost at three weeks without cigs or vaping. I feel amazing and people have been telling me I look better

2 halo top pints, jerky stick, muffin, protein bar. Now going out to eat at a diner.

You know I think I like the ritual of ordering pizza more than I like actually eating it.

>cheating
>making it
choose 1 (one)

had a prawn sandwich it was okay

so what cardio yall doin?

Jump rope HIIT 3x a week
3-5 mile walk 5x a week

how goes it my blobby brethren?
was today a win?

30min run every second day

Swimming laps for 30 minutes, stair climber 30 minutes, or HIIIT running.

I log 5-6 hours of cardio a week.

If I do PSMF and cardio (which isn't recommended in the book) will I be burning muscle mass? Want to drop from 230 to 200 or lower before my friends graduation in may. Last time she saw me I was 270, want to leave a good impression.

Couch to 5k, I jog 3x a week. I think I might up it to 4x though

none until my leg heals

>spend a year losing weight
>decide to have 1 cheat day
>wtf im 236 now

Went and got groceries for the week, walked right past the junk food and wasn't even interested

Found out a guy I knew had a heart attack recently

I am now worried and think the same might happen to me

Got my levels checked and I am really in a dangerous spot

6;1
275lb
Basically a couch potato in the office and at home
Been on a steady cut for a week now and doing alright, just gotta keep going I guess
If I do have a heart attack for some reason, I just want to die and not live with these health issues at that point

Had a smallish döner. But it's okay because I didn't eat much today and saved up the calories. Unless it was over 1000. In which case I'm fucked.

>Cut calories and avoid high calorie foods like soda, ice cream, etc.
>Try to do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 3 times a week ((Run 2 minutes, Sprint 1 minute, 20 minutes total))
>Get some protein within 30 minutes after your workout
>Try to lift a couple times a week (the more the better) ((generally takes 24 hours for a muscle group to recover from a workout so try to be flexible with your lifting routines))
>Vary your order of lifting and exercises, this is beneficial so your body doesn't become resilient and adapt to your workout patterns
>Get a good work ethic
>Go to the gym to the point where you enjoy it and can't stay away (This will happen if you go enough)

Just saved you time reading the sticky. Follow this and you will see fat loss and muscle gains. The most important thing is to enjoy working out!

Smoking is a minor appetite suppressor, but it also negatively affects digestion.

Also, Smokers are Jokers

Keep at it m8! Don't give up

Start bulking my man, or at least eat at maintenance over the summer if you wanna follow the typical Veeky Forums seasons. You're halfway to making it.

At a pace of about 1 cookie per 5 minutes.
I need something I can feed from the package into my mouth when playing vidya.

those are biscuits

>toned
Ride a bike a lot, maybe do some bodyweight if you don't want your arms to be straight gauge tubes (although it doesn't matter on a girl).
Strength training for legs will give you disproportionate oversized thighs and ass which is NOT what guys like despite what Veeky Forums wants you to believe.

Another week another pound lost :3

Not every guy likes thin girls, just like not every girl likes muscular guys.
I like centaur looking woman with huge quads because lifting made me forget how normal humans need to look like

Cashed in my good boy points today for Mod Pizza and Whataburger. I feel disgusted but at the same time good

Just do walking. I wouldn't do more than that if you are following PSMF to the letter

Yeah take a long hard look at those two pictures and ponder which one will appeal to more men.

45 minutes on the elliptical three times a week

Its all I do actually I haven't gotten into lifting yet

>tfw down to 240 from start of the month when I was 250 and haven't even started exercising yet

desu I dont know if I should even bother because I feel like exercising on a 1200 calorie cut will drain me whereas I have been able to stick to it so far by not being tired

Today was pretty swell

Rate my meals today /fat/

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and flax seed

Lunch: Spinach salad with carrots, onion, cucumbers, beans, and lemon juice and olive oil.

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Sauteed spinach and fried egg

4 fried potato piroshki
2 fried beef piroshki
3 russian sausages
1 russian/turkish ice cream
2 apples
50grams imported russian seeds

Thats all I ate today and I a on a cut, I'm hoping I will be fine but at this point feeling like shit and I don't care

yea, im russian btw

breakfast: potato, egg, bean burito
dinner: carne, fideo, squash, corn and beans with couple corn tortillas

did alright. 1425 calories all together

>Eating carbs
>Making it

pick one

>1200 calorie cut

How big is your deficit?

priviet

1200-1300

I am 26% bodyfat at 6'2'' 240 but I look fatter because of my wide frame and man tits

You shouldn't be eating at a 1200-1300 deficit that unsustainable

Eat 1800-2000 calories if your TDEE is really 2400.

Ive been on it for 2 weeks no problem

I mean its up to you bro but you're more likely to give up on such a deep cut.

I'm tired of this meme posted every thread. People can cut on more than a 500 kcal deficit. Worst case, they binge and up their daily kcal intake. Not everyone got fat binge eating, a lot of people it was just years of poor diet/lack of exercise.

I mean you're right about it being posted constantly in this thread, but this guy is literally not exercising because his deficit is too large.
So you say there are people in this thread who gained weight through lack of exercise...maybe they should...I don't know... exercise? And not use their ridiculously unsustainable cut to justify their laziness?

these links look dangerous desu

Does anybody have any tips on how to avoid eating out of stress?
When my life is going relatively smoothly, i can diet, exercise, and other things like it's no problem.
But when I get too stressed, i cant explain it. Things I'd never even crave im suddenly picking up and shoving in my face. I actually eat myself sick.
I have a big renovation going on in my house thats been stressing me out a lot. Thursday it all culminated and I went on a two day food bender. I got my shit together, but I want to see if anybody has any tips on how to avoid this in the future

Stopping by as a skinnyfat guy asking what worked for you for cutting weight. I'm 190 lbs , slowly building muscle on a PPL over the last month but have a fair amount of fat I want to shift. I use an exercise bike in the gym before every workout and have begun consuming "diet" forms of soda instead of the originals, what else have you guys found successful?

those really, REALLY obese people that can lose 1lb of fat in a single day;
you're telling me that they sweat, piss and breath that out over 24 hours?

I know this probably isn't helpful but a lot of it is just will power. You have to like reteach yourself not to depend on food for comfort.

Exercising lowers stress and I have found that I feel happier and more at ease on weeks where I exercise consistently

>consuming "diet" forms of soda instead of the originals

Dropped.

water
proteins
feces
chemicals
juices

For me watching calories is absolutely key, I've not missed a day logging into MFP for over a year. Intermittent fasting helped a lot also, I do a mix of OMAD and just skipping breakfast. Also I never went full Keto, but watching carbs helped me a lot. It keeps energy levels more stable and hunger under control. All eating rice is going to do for me is make me hungrier.

I think I need to find some outlet other than eating. You might be on to something with thathe second bit, though. I've constantly been running around doing shit for this renovation, so working out has been put on the back burner. That could be making things worse for me.
It'll be over and done with in a week or so, so at least I know it won't last.

It's all about percentages. I mean for me to lose a pound is a big deal because I'm tiny, but some 6' 3" 400-lb Pepe losing a pound is an extremely small percent of their body.

Trying to cut weight, but sometimes I get cravings for foods and just things I used to enjoy. Anyone have a recommendation for a substitute of ice cream on brownies? I really just want something cold on top of something really hot that's been baked, it's a fucking amazing experience right now. Shit ain't gotta be too sweet, just got to hit that craving.

Yes.

>All eating rice is going to do for me is make me hungrier.

I eat brown rice is that okay? I always feel full after.

Ice cube on whole grain toast.

>ice cream on brownies

I used to make a baked banana with peanut butter and nuts with a side of greek yogurt

bretty good desu

fuckin kek

>peanut butter
not gonna make it eating that shit

It's better, but still not great. It has some fiber in it to smooth out the insulin spike, but the spike is still there. I'm not saying never eat rice, but, it's certainly something I'd avoid when trying to get clean. Then just have it in moderation when maintaining or bulking.

Gotta get your daily minimum fats from somewhere user. Need at least 20% of your calories in fats to stay healthy

thoughts?

I don't get the anti-PB meme as long as you're not literally eating spoonfuls of it it's a perfectly fine food? Especially when you're craving something creamy/sweey/salty it has the perfect combo for cravings.

I like the second one. But only as a novelty.

Weigh myself.
>78kg
I don't like the sound of that, I should be lighter.
>move scales slightly across the floor
Weigh again.
>77kg
That's bet... Wait, no it isn't. How the fuck am I supposed to get a correct reading out of this shit if it changes depending on where on my floor I put the things?

Yeah I feel you. It just makes my meals feel more substantive. I am trying to cut out more animal meats too and without brown rice and whole wheat bread I would just be eating salads all the time and that is suffering.

Keep it in the same place every time you weigh yourself and don't move it, ever.

Please enjoy life.

this, and also stand on the same place on the scales every time, a good way to do this is to spread a little talc powder on the scales then stand on it with wet feet and it will leave a good outline of your feet so you know where to put your toes and heel

take an average

>went from 243 pounds to to 220 in 2 months
>go to gym with crush
>she wants mcdonalds, it's cheating day and haven't cheated in 2 weeks
>order 2 mayo chicken
>she cooks and gives me pizza aswell
>enjoyed cheating but i feel guilty now
Although my progress is going really well and building muscle mass really fast i feel like i shouldn't cheat even a single day untill i get a good body and my crush falls with me. Does anyone else feel guilty for cheating although your progress is going really well?

I don't really cheat, I adjust