Am i the only one?

Is it normal that im hiding the fact that im lifting?
No one knows, i told none of my friends, im never in short sleeves infront of anyone.
Started 5 months ago when it got colder and i got pretty fit and im actually quite happy anout my body. Only my parents know and i get pissed when they mention it infornt of family friends. When people ask me where i was i tell them its not important.
Im not looking forward to summer season because everyone will ask me about it because i was a skinny lanket and everyone knows me as one.
Im guessing at least someone else experienced this too, because im always very secretive and private about everything and im lifting for myself alone, just wanna be happy with my body for once and not be self concious and insecure of it.

That is very irrational dude. Ignore the thought and don't let it affect you like this.

sounds like a good thing, you're naturally avoiding
social affirmation and pursuing your own purpose. alpha af

nope did this too when i started

You have some mental problems bro. Try to work on them. You shouldn't be ashamed of improving your body. If you friends cant accept you for the progress you have made then move up and find new friends. I have a feeling it is all in your head and your friends will be chill with it. Some of course will be envious and will treat you differently, but that is because they are betas.

people around me are noticing and keep asking but i always reply with just some yoga. that usually stops the questions

you're insecure about the fact you spend time trying to improve your body yet you've yet to reach noticeable gains.

You can't be "that guy that lifts" to your friends yet because you're too small

you don't like your parents mentioning it because you don't want it to be another "phase" in your life that just passes without leaving any meaningful impact on your existence

How does he know this. This is me too. Really small results from just starting makes everyone wanna tell you what to do and how to workout and have to try the newest mayo diet. My dad's the worst. Constantly like your gonna get huge. Your gonna be ripped and telling everyone I'm like nigga it's been 2 months

Maybe yall don't accomplish much else in life thus far and making some slight gainz gives the family a reason to be proud.

>Started 5 months ago when it got colder

are you saying you started 5 months ago?
or are you saying you only became a retarded autist about the fact that you lift 5 months ago?

When I first started working out I was overweight and my family and closest friends knew about it, I told them because they are close people in my life. However for random and new people I met I never told them, it seemed stupid to be out of shape and not look like you workout and then telling people you workout, "yeah okay bro lookin good sure you do". Why keep things from people close to you, is their an underlying issue you aren't addressing ?

LOW SELF ESTEEM

In the last week since it got warmer, 4 differert women asked me what do i do, like which sport. Then when i tell them i just did some digging (parents have a blackberry farm and i dug my fair share of trentches and ditches and holes) they say stuff like "well you're certainly doing something" and "it shows".
I never know how to respond to that, i just say "ill take that as a compliment".

I don't shove it in peoples faces that I lift, if someone asks, i'll say I exercise a couple times a week, that's about it, the worst type of people are the ones who crave social affirmation and post those fucking DUMB inspirational quotes on their instagrams, no one fucks if you're on the latest diet, we all know you're going to quit next week.

Im doing this now but with the girls i met this semester. Since its cold as shit they only see me in jeans and jacket. When summer comes theyll be surprised by my gains and mire me.

At least this is what ive been fantasizing about for 3 months.

first pool party give um the great unveiling of your new bod, flex a cep, crack open a fresh SIP pshhhhwaaaah, and wink at the hottest girl in site. you got this op

I'm also secretive, but for different reasons. I used to be skinnyfat and went to skeleton mode. I've been lifting hard and eating right since october and my gains are a;ready showing.

BUT if I reveal them too soon, they won't have a wow-effect, so I'm hiding them for four more months when they're optimal. And then... BAM! A big reveal and all the chicks will line up to suck my dick.

At least I hope so

Yep do this

If you're anything like me then I don't think you're hiding it because you're ashamed of lifting.

It's social anxiety, you're anxious about the extra attention you might suddenly get, and the million questions you'll get. And probably having to repeat the answers to the same questions with each person.

Whether it's lifting, or a sudden change In style, sudden weight loss, or whatever else, I think you'd feel the same way about the added attention.

You niggers are all hitting my feels in this thread
>triggered

post pics

Just tell them you've been playing a lot of wii fit, bro.

That's stupid. The only reason you'd avoid telling your friends is so that they'll think more highly of you once they find out since you haven't been bragging about your hobby like some dickhead.

Moron
Sounds right

That's where you supposed to show them a 'cep

>this is what DYELs believe

You can always just say thank you/compliment them in return.

>not saying maybe i can show you some more some time.
>whats your phone number?

Nah it's normal, I do t like talking about it infront of people. Been lifting 4 months, it's just I feel as if I'm not big enough, or knowledgable enough to say I lift. I feel people will ask the cliché "what you benching?" and my answer will be scoffed at, or people will be like "you don't look like you lift". Just easier to avoid that negativity that people WILL throw at you because your doing something great and they're not.

whats wrong with you cucks

if you're embarassed of lifting then stay dyel, your minds and personalities are certainly dyel

>moron
Not an argument.

Well what do you bench, faggot?

Did you even bother to read the other guys post?
Moron

45lbs why?

i used to be like this a couple of years ago

but then i realized theres no point in being so private and reserved(because we're men) so now when people ask i just say yeh, i don't wanna be a fat fuck and that just gets nods of approval from people in general.. or i say some shit along the lines of i want to get ripped so i can get more pussy.. i usually tell girls this when they ask me about my lifting, it gets laughs because they seem to interpret it as a joke but in actuality it's not.

so what im saying is quit being so shy and reserved and just man up..

do your thing, keep it on the dl. put short sleeve on during summer for shock factor.

>"holy shit, i never realized how swole user is"

It's for a lot of things not just lifting. I didn't tell anyone I quit tobacco. They just ask million questions and wanna parade and bake you a cake. Easier to avoid it all

Me too, I wear long sleeve all the time. People ask me if I've been working out. I tell them no I've just been eating a lot.

Autism

I do the same thing

entirely because I'm a dyel piece of shit, why tell anyone when you can't back anything up appearance-wise

I dont think its anxiety. Yes im a quiet reserved person and i dont like answering questions and i hate attention, but i get along with people normally and never feel "anxious" around them. I just dont share stuff about myself.
But whenever i'd make a small change people would always think im doing it for reasons i dont, like women, or approval or whatever. And i dont feel like trying to convince anyone its not.

Re tweet. When you don't look like you lift it feels shitty to tell people you lift

This
I want people to know I work out because I look like I do, not because I tell them

Also, if someone telling you that you look like your lift without knowing before is the ultimate validation of your lifting efforts