Any consensus on egg consumption?

Almost since I started working out 3 months ago, I've been drinking 1-2 eggs (with yolk) in milkshakes 5 days a week.
About 3 weeks ago, I started taking 2-3 during the workweek; my flatmates have started telling me I'm a fucking idiot for taking so many and I'll destroy my liver ect. One of them although he's in relatively good shape for mid 30's still drinks 2-3 coke cans a day, surely that's much worse?
Anyway I'm tired of getting constantly nagged about but there seems no agreement on this.

As far as I can see, there's no damning medical evidence that eating eggs everyday is bad for you, but what's the limit?
So far I've had problems from it, I've been getting good results out of 3 months effort; but I'm not sure if there's any longterm health implications.

There's contradictory opinions on eggs all over the place, what does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303863/
athero.org/commentaries/comm564.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IlVe9mWYI_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

bump

So anyway, I'd appreciate if anyone can give some sources on this, personal anecdotes or whatever.
Still new to this whole Veeky Forums thing.

I eat 6 scrambled eggs a day. All I see is massive gains

I have eaten six eggs every morning for the past two years tell your mates to fuck off with their pseudoscience bullshit

>eating eggs in 2017
>not putting them through your plumbus to make delicious gooberts

When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large

Now that I'm grown, I eat five dozen eggs, and I'm roughly the size of a barge

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303863/
Here's a source literally any fitness related question you have will have a dozen pubmed studies you can read
Eat your eggs they are a nice easy source for protein ignore hate from others

brip brap broop brop brep brup breop BAZZZIINNNGAAA WEEEOOOWEEEEOOOOWEEEEOOOOO *air horn noise*

Can you give something a bit more substantial than that? Like how long you've been doing it, if there's any side-effects, feeling sick or cholesterol effects or whatnot.
I've tried googling but all that comes up is vague platitudes, warnings or huckster bullshit.

I'm not trying to get super-yuge, I play sports and do outdoors stuff so I'm aiming for performance more than aesthetics.

dude what makes you think Veeky Forums will give you scientific testimony you couldnt find in a google search?

"too many eggs" is a meme, simple as that.

I'm this anonYou realize you are looking for concrete evidence of a topic because your roommates who have about as much knowledge as you do on the subject are telling you something they heard in passing
Unless you have diabetes or a predisposition to heart disease the yolks will have zero negative effects
The egg white itself is classed as s highly valuable source of high-quality protein food
You're gonna be fine once you stop worrying about what others think and just looking out for yourself
You are eating clean and living an athletic lifestyle
You aren't eating eggs then family sized portions of McDonald's and super big gulps

Basically your grandpa ate the GOAT diet: eggs, bacon, butter, liver and onions when he got it. More fatty stuff and minimal carbs. All diet advice after 1950's is bullshit probably perpetuated by marxist jews to get everyone unhealthy to surrender their money to stay alive.

Watch cereal killer, a documentary. Pretty much all you need to know about eggs and animal products.

this

Can't find it.

Just tell me the general synopsis.

Okay.
>be 41 year old athlete
>standard irish diet
>Dad had a heart attack despite being a very well known athlete in his day, never smoking, minimal alcohol, "good" diet according to gubmint standards
>think about this for years. anxiety for days. How could this happen if gubmint diet is okay?
>Decide to try low carb high fat diet, a shitton of eggs, bacon, so much butter, macadamia nuts
>"u having a laff?"
>"nah"
>blah blah blah for 28 days of eating that way that
>loses 1.7 kg, decreases body fat percentage from 13.1% to 12.4%, lean muscle goes up
>set a personal best in his workout at forty-freaking one. Afterward says he feels like a spring chicken
>His cholesterol went up by .9 points from 6.5 to 7.4. Higher LDL.
>Doctor says "Hmm. Let's test the particle size because there's actually good LDL and bad LDL."
>It's all large-particle good LDL. His cholesterol is basically the best Tim Noakes has ever seen. The human ideal for his age.

All from high fat, low carb, moderate diet for just 28 days. So, yeah, eggs are good af for you. if you're also eating minimal carbs. carbs plus fat? Not so much; so I've been led to believe from doctors who've studied the difference.

>So, yeah, eggs are good af for you

uh, no. you're conflating the benefits of a ketogenic diet with saying that it's just healthy to eat high fat and protein. it's two different things

eggs aren't bad for you, but what you're posting is literally the definition of broscience, especialyl when you're so unfamiliar with ketosis that you greentext a story about it

I specifically said if you're also eating minimal carbs. I guess I could have clarified this also entails moderate protein as well so you don't ruin your health gains with neoglucogensis. But stfu asshole. The comment wasn't for you.

>goes on shit diet
>his cholesterol rises
>"no no, it's large LDL so it's safe"

Large LDL particles are just as atherogenic as small LDL particles, and Tim Noakes is a quack.

athero.org/commentaries/comm564.pdf

His risk of having a heart attack went from high to very high.

Even the green man ripped that documentary a fresh asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=IlVe9mWYI_E

lurk, don't post, you don't have anything to add to this board right now.

Whatever I don't care. I still like it and I'm not gonna keep talking about it. People can make up their own minds. There are debunking videos for literally everything under the sun. Someone's gotta be wrong.

>Whatever I don't care. I still like it
>There are debunking videos for literally everything under the sun. Someone's gotta be wrong.

It's pretty clear in this case.

>guy loses weight and his LDL manages to increase
>this is supposed to be good because of a myth about larger LDL particles being harmless that isn't accepted by any major medical institution

I guess you can believe whatever you want but this is no better than the fatties who claim obesity doesn't negatively affect health

>>set a personal best in his workout at forty-freaking one

>admittedly works out 8 minutes a week