New to this kinda stuff. Some context, a big boy just trying to get stronger...

New to this kinda stuff. Some context, a big boy just trying to get stronger, will probably do some cardio to drop the weight, but I want to primarily focus my question on weights.

So I bought a 50 KG dumbell set, unfortunately I don't have a bar, probably gonna buy one from my friend later.

But I am mainly looking for a pretty beginner friendly routine, I will probably start out @ like 5 kgs per dumbell because from the years of being reasonably lazy haven't left me too strong. But that aside, looking for some kind of general routine I can follow with just the dumbells I have, and perhaps one I can follow after a bit of time once I get used to it, etc. If you can keep it as uncomplicated as possible, that'd be sick, too.

any help would be really appreciated, cheers homies.

Sell the dumbell set, buy a gym membership

i knew this was comin, lmao.
it's genuinely good advice, of course.

For now, I want to just stick with this to see where it can take me, and if I like it I'd definitely hit up a gym

you don't have the intelligence to lose an ounce or gain any muscle
read the goddamn sticky

>will probably do some cardio to drop the weight
How about you eat less?

>looking for some kind of general routine I can follow
READ
THE

Not OP but happy to see this thread is as autistic and unhelpful as I thought it would be when I clicked on here

I mean no shit, that's a little obvious, but doing that kinda helps.

>I don't want your obvious solutions, I want your secret shortcuts to a 6 pack
fuck off

I don't think asking someone on here to shit out a general beginner's routine is going to help you honestly.

In your case I would focus more on my diet. Do you want to lose weight or gain muscle? Can't do both at the same time of course.

Once you decide you go to google, look for foods you should eat and the calorie intake you should have, get a calculator and see how much of each food you need to/can eat each day and stick to that. There are even websites that provide preplanned diets for you to follow.

As for your the routine: Just go to youtube and type "dumbell routine" or whatever and randomly pick something. As a beginner it literally doesn't matter as long as you do something and don't hurt yourself.

Good luck

thanks for the kind, and helpful comment. I'll keep this in mind, and as everyone pointed out, read the sticky. Cheers.

Holy shit, a semi-helpful comment, wtf happened.

No it doesn't help you, it will make you quit because its hard work.

He's a newfag.

Pic related is me. Just used purely dumbbells, bench, pull up/dip bar. I basically followed my own version of StrongLifts but with dumbbells and in the 3x8-12 rep range. For progression i had to increase sets as well as weight to compensate for the lack of a barbell.

This may not work for you because i am a prince of manlets.

Btw i know i took a flattering angle. It's an old pic. But it's just to show that u can indeed get aesthetic without a barbell to a point.

Also keep in mind that i was on a permacut. So there's potential for even more growth with just that set up

so you basically did StrongLifts without Stronglifts?

height?

Dumbbells are mostly for assistance exercises. To make real gains you really need a barbell. But legit dumbbell exercises would be mostly pressing movements like dumbbell bench or OHP.

You'll mostly be a curl bro though.

What i mean to say is I used the skeleton of Strong lifts. Replaced the barbell exercises with their DB equivalents, worked out in the same AxBxA pattern etc. But yeah. That's about all i followed from it.

5'4. Like i said I'm a prince. It could be argued that any routine could have worked for me

>big boy
>5'4
when will turbo manlets learn

good bit of motivation man. Good shit - op

Of course, hard work is something all fat people stay away from, because we are lazy fucks.

>will probably do some cardio to drop the weight
>probably

No you wont.

>But I am mainly looking for a pretty beginner friendly routine
Read the sticky. Pick one and join a gym

>But that aside, looking for some kind of general routine I can follow with just the dumbells I have
Sell them and buy a gym membership for a few months. No routine is going to get you in decent shape with only dumbbells and trying to do so shows just how uncommitted you are and how little you care.

Take yourself seriously or nobody else will.