/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Real eggs & real thread edition.

Last thread at 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qY3iExEYr7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you cheat this weekend, /fat/? Confession time

Eaten 2 muffins yesterday and 3 cookies today, but didnt cross the 1500 kcal line so Im fine

Yes, I had a bit of banoffee pie and a beer last night. I wish I had better motivation. :o(

I keep having that beer I say I won't have, eating some desert, or just snacking over my calories. I can only stay where I want to be in calories when I do 23:1 intermittent fasting, but my dad yells at me then.

are those units lbs or kg? stats?

How the fuck do you eat only 1500 calories in a day? I know you just put the fork down, but is there some trick to not being extremely hungry?

I want to know how many of you guys have obese family members.

Personally I have quite a few but the fattest is my little bro who has a gut twice my size even though I'm 245lb 5"10

Apparently, he's less heavy than me but then again he's 5"8.

anybody here have any family that is obese?

Not him but also been eating at 1500 for a month; IF, a lot of coffee, a lot of water, and low carb.

lbs. I'm 145-lbs 5' 10"

I want to be about my weight but with a bit of muscle, but my back is fucked up so I can't do a lot of exercises. So either want to get to 140-lbs and then try to add 5-lbs of muscle to get back to 145-lbs or so...

What's your eating window?

Yeah I've been trying to avoid the carbs because I found out those just make me more hungry. I swear eating rice just makes me hungrier at this point.

I eat 800 psmf type diet, just fill up on low cal veg, cottage cheese and lean meat. Also do IF so I consume all my cals in the evening and go to bed full.

I don't stick to a general timed regimen, I just cook a massive dinner and count the calories. I guess it's generally from 7pm-11pm. Yeah, do avoid rice for that reason.

anybody else never been thin their entire life? I was always fat and I am looking forward to losing the rest of the weight i need to

Thats too skinny, you need more muscle than that. You should do a lean bulk, you'd look way better than being some stringy looking guy.

what can you do if you have thin friends and they want to eat fastfood?

I'm exercising as much as I can getting six days a week. About 25 to 40 minutes a day, the only problem is I don't know how to eat well. Every where I go is meme diets and mom's science. I just need to eat at 1800 calories. Where could I go to get good recipes, meal plans and other things to help me finish slaying this beast I'm almost there im so close but zip believe I've hit a wall.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think it was that thin...I'm like right in the middle of a normal BMI right?

How do I lean bulk? Eat my TDEE and exercise? I don't want my waist size to go up / have to buy new clothing.

I've been trying to do bodyweight work, but my job keeps me so busy I'm exhausted at night.

>is there some trick to not being extremely hungry?

At the very least you can control when you're hungry by controlling when you eat. By concentrating most of your eating into a smaller window of time you can avoid being hungry during that time, if you get to eat enough. If you make this window of time the latter half of the day, you won't have to be hungry when you go to sleep. This is what intermittent fasting is.

Another trick is to just be hungry. Hunger doesn't force you to eat. You think that you can't withstand the hunger. But maybe you can. Keep reminding yourself that you control your eating and not your hunger. Maybe it'll affect how you actually feel about being hungry. You might stop considering it a problem that needs to be eliminated.

There are choices of foods, drinks and activities that can reduce the actual amount of hunger your diet causes. But this is really hard to predict as people react differently to things. A starting point from which you can begin experimenting to see what works for you is to drink more and eat more fibrous and watery foods. Protein and fat are usually more satiating than carbs. But carbs come with fiber which also increases satiation.

You can of course combine intermittent fasting, meditating on your attitude toward hunger and trying to satiate yourself more efficiently.

Fastfood is easy to fit in. Just get a burger, no fries, and water. Or a salad or w.e. Check the nutritional guide, Kcals out > kcals in.

youtube.com/watch?v=qY3iExEYr7w

Thanks. I wish I could do a tighter eating window, but I have to entertain people at work for lunch most days. I eat small amounts, just enough to look like I'm eating, but just that bit of food generally gets my appetite going really hard.

I've been for sure trying to eat foods that keep me fuller longer. For example lunch I try to eat no - or very little - carbs, which does seem to help a bit.

It sounds like I need to practice accepting the feeling of hunger.

What's the lowest calorie way to order a burrito? Could I order one with no rice or something?

Please recommend me good My 600lb Life episodes that AREN'T like James.

>not watching Kay's Good Cooking

here
I'll tell you how I do it
Go IF - I eat around 11am then snack @14 and for the rest of the day I just dodge occasions to eat and drink fuckton of water/tea/coffee. By fuckton I mean fuckton, yesterday drank 2,5l of water + 3 cups of tea and 2 cups of coffee.
Also chewing gum helps to have something in your mouth.
Don't eat pasta - you won't ever get full, it's a lot of calories and you will be hungry an hour later.

I love plain brown rice 150g cooked + 120g steamed broccoli + 100g steamed carrots + 200g chicken breast boiled without skin. Veggies are hard to swallow at first - Ive never eaten vegetables before in my life and they tasted awful, but after week or so forcing they become an acquired taste and I kinda like them now.

Drink water to your meals and remember to chew - just gulping down won't make you feel full and you'll use all your calories.

Don't sit bored and browse web - I find myself prone to eating when I'm bored, so I constantly read books, watch movies, work, sleep or workout.
This works for me and I wish you success too, user

Oh, also COUNT CALORIES.
I find myself overeating when I dont add entry to myfitnesspal. I don't feel hunger, I'd call it urge to eat, so I force myself to eat only as much as I need and I eat even when I dont feel hunger - always 11 and 14

Thanks user

>Don't eat pasta

*white pasta

yes you're a normal bmi but normal guys look like shit. If you're worried about waist size maybe cut another 5 lbs of fat then start eating tdee+250 cals and lift weights. In 6 months you'll have a decent base.

I ate pizza and ramen with friend.

>tfw last 10lbs to lose

But on the other days I stuck to my 1500kcal regimen!

If I just eat my maintenance can I gain muscle - or rather convert fat to muscle? Recomposition or whatever you might call it?

No but i had an ice cream cone on my weigh day for beating my expectations

I binged but threw it back up.

Started to cut 2 and a half months ago at 105,7 kg 193 cm tall BF 22,7%.

Currently I'm between 90-91 kg, around 15-17% BF and still eating 2300 kcal per day while going to the gym and doing regular cardio.

I haven't really lost any muscle which is great but I'm at a loss right now. Should I keep cutting to 85 kg or bulk and cut again after 2 and a half months?

Praise Kek, keep your fats away

no recomp is eating a surplus on days you work out and a deficit on days you dont. again 250-500 over and under should do the trick. I dont know if it's gonna do shit if you dont lift weights though.

yeah, obviously whole grain is better, but I dropped pasta completely - my personal choice
felt bad as fuck at first, because spaghetti and lasagne were my favourite dishes, but I've managed to stop myself from eating them everyday and the world wont collapse if I eat them say - once a month

bro, thats called bulimia
dont do that

Keep cutting, you're too close to quit now.

Almost all men in my closest family are either obese or pretty fucking close to it.

Thanks. Yeah, I know I need to exercise. I'm doing bodyweight stuff and have some low weights. I'm really weak and my back is fucked up so limitations to what I can do :/

>Post happy fat feels

I used to hate going to the grocery store, i felt like everyone was judging me because i was a fatass buying frozen pizza, snacks, bread and sausages almost no veggies or anything healthy.
Now i love going to the grocery store, i feel like i'm buying adult food for the first time in my life. Half of the stuff i buy is fruits and vegetables, the rest is rice, oats, milk, eggs, lean meats, fish and generally foods that are considered healthy.

>tfw could've cheated when dad gave me his half-finished banana vanilla oreo whatever the fuck shake but I just put it in the freezer

If you google recomposition, you will find lots of information and diet plans. There's even a forum on lyle macdonalds website devoted to it. Good luck m8

>tfw social anxiety being a fatty buying only autistically healthy food that sometimes I buy a pack of pasta so the checkout person judges me less, then throw it in the bin when I get home

Awesome. I'm on it! Thank you. Shoot for ottermode you think?

Who /ECstack/ here? I feel like a cock buying it at the pharmacy. I'm not doing anything illegal but I sure do feel like it

Wanted to try it, but ephedrine is illegal in my country. I mean you can get medical prescription, but it's hard and you won't get it because youre fat.
Also I want to try natural methods before blowing my heart up while doing cardio

this
I used to feel anxious while buying sweet, because was afraid that people will say
>haha fatass buys sweets, what a retard
now I feel anxious when buying healthy food, because people might think
>look hes buying veggies, juice and water and is still fat haha, fucking tryhard, I bet hes stuffing his face with sweets later on

I know Im overthinking it and people don't care, but its stronmger than me. I also have social anxiety, going to psychiatrist for some SSRI next month, hoping Ill get better ;_;

>tfw 285, 6'3 when I started by diet 2 weeks ago
>279 after first week, feel that's a little too fast, don't want vaginabelly when I'm done
>eat 500 calories more, with deviation at only about 20 or so calories a day
>all macros are handled
>283 at this week's weigh in, and 282 the next day
Wtf happened m8s?

When I see a fatty at the grocery store buying healthy stuff I think really positive of him/her. Yeah they //might// stuff their face later on, but, everyone has their struggle and as an ex-fatty I support them trying to get going in the right direction even if they fall down along the way.

Where I get a bit triggered at the grocery store is when I see a fat guy buying mostly healthy shit, but then I notice all the pitfalls in their cart too like fruit juice or "low fat" snacks.

I'm sure there are others that think exactly what you said, but, they are assholes.

I am, almost a week. Pretty sure I need to up my caffeine dosage considering I take it with one black cup of coffee and already have a large caffeine resistance as it is. Not really feeling the effects.

ate a bit extra on friday but no biggie. got hammered after that, though :/

>is there some trick to not being extremely hungry?

keto

What's for dinner /fat?
Mine's chicken, broccoli, carrot.

humans build tolerance only to __stay awake__ caffeine effects as far as I know

and you get insane sweets cravings instead, cool trade off for people with willpower weak enough that they binge on normal diet

At 285 and 6'3, fluctuating five or six pounds is fucking nothing. You let one data point in a highly variable system convince you to change the method. Now you're letting a second data point convince you to doubt again. You need more time for the sake of consistency.

Stick with the original plan unless you are actually feeling wrong from lack of nutrition, at least until you can observe a trend.

true, either way think one cup of coffee is like 100mg of caffeine and you are suppose to do 200mg with E

don't fall for the ssri trap. Learn to meditate and read on stoicism.

Also, no one gives a fuck what other people buy in the grocery store. The real world isn't an FPS thread.

>and you get insane sweets cravings instead
Why do you say that? Not that user but I've been doing keto for a while now and one of the benefits I've seen is lack of cravings not more of them. I don't have any interest in chocolates and shit now, and the few times I do have them I end up getting a tummy ache because my body isn't used to it (I'd say that's a downside of keto, the rare times I break it with a rich desert or something like that I get really ill)

I thought you take E + caffeine in pills + coffee and don't see effects
then yeah, maybe calorie free energy drinks/moar coffee/caffeine pills

Not that user, but, what's the best thing to read to introduce my to stoicism?

>and you get insane sweets cravings instead

not really m8. after the first month it has been a breeze. 18 pounds gone so far.

how is meditation and stoicism going to help with my sweaty hands, diarrhea and guts twisting when I have to make a phone call or go to schools headmaster? Its clearly something forcing my adrenal glands to pump shit into veins. Also Ill agree to psychotherapy, so I guess its kinda like meditation

How did you guys get so fat?

>tdee calculator
I always wonder what setting I should pick on these things for the exercise question. Most of them say 1-3 hrs a week light exercise and 3-5 hours of moderate exercise. I lift weights 3 days a week at ~1 hour a day and I do some fairly intense cardio 3 times a week 20 min each. That's 4 hours total. Should I choose moderate? Because I don't see myself expending many calories while lifting weight so idk if that can truly be counted as "exercise". Enough to raise my tdee that is.

years of not giving a fuck and being scared of changes

I started with marcus aurelius' meditations. But it can be a little random and slow. I'd look up introductory stuff or start with the Enchiridion of Epictetus

>tfw used two spoons of oil too much today
I should still be fine, but still feels bad.

>humans build tolerance only to __stay awake__ caffeine effects as far as I know

I think the more accurate belief in this case would be that the tiredness alleviation is one of caffeine's effects that humans build tolerance to. Not necessarily the only one.

I also only know of the adenosine receptor adaptation that occurs with caffeine use. But caffeine affects other receptors in the brain too and I have no knowledge of how that works. So I can't be certain that I know all of things you build and don't build tolerance to with caffeine.

how a ssri's gonna help you with anxiety? try getting on a prescription benzo for anxiety then. ssri's are a horrible meme.

I hate life and eating feels good.

always sedentary

I don't really know, I just read that in case of anxieties, doctors prescribe ssri, snri and benzo, so I assumed Ill get one of these.
I don't want to selfdiagnose more than I need it so I won't force something on the doctors opinion

>Enchiridion of Epictetus
I might be too dumb for this desu baka senpai.

So you're saying I should just eat my sedentary maintenance calories and use the exercise to create the deficit?

Are you feeling better about life now that you are starting to manage your weight?

By being raised in a household with 0 discipline and a bunch of food. I was spoiled as fuck m8, and undoing that shit after all those years of complacency is hard af

I'm borderline obese according to BMI.
I don't want to just cut, want to do strength too.
Is diet where I go in calorie surplus on training days and in deficit in rest days ok? Or it's stupid?

no, just do sedentary tdee -500 and keep doing excercise.

I believe in your potential, lil' user.

>started dieting
>check tdee calculator
>sedentary expenditure is 3400 cal
>check another calculator with same stats
>3800

Meditation changed my life. I used to have such bad anxiety and used to overthink everything which would create many problems in my life. Meditation teaches you to not get too caught up in your thoughts and just live in the present moment without judging every little thing you do or thought you have. It made me realize that almost everything I was insecure and anxious about were all in my head and were just holding me back. It's very simple, yet freeing.

Years of consistently snacking and eating just a bit too much. I've never been thin, really.

Read the sticky you dumb fat fuck. Don't do that, just cut, work out, do cardio. You'll build muscle from noob gains. You just want an excuse to pig out.

If you haven't been lifting for a while already, it's perfectly normal to gain strenght on a caloric deficit. I'd most likely just stick with it.

It's telling me that my sedentary cals are 2100 so that means I'd have to eat 1600 cals a day. I went from 196lbs to 178 on 2200 cals based on scooby's calculator on the moderate exercise setting but now I've started to stall a bit. I haven't been so on point with my diet lately but nothing major.

Thanks. I'm trying a lecture now.

whats your stats are you 400pounds?

Weightlifting does burn a lot of calories. You can set sedentary as an 'extra buffer', but you'll probably end up running a higher deficit than you think. If you get super hungry and lose weight fast, you should adjust your target after a few weeks or so.

I managed to hit normal weight two years and half ago hoping it would fix my shit and it turned out I didn't hate my life because I was fat but the other way around. Which in retrospect should've been obvious. So the answer is no, this time around I want to get in good shape to unfuck at least one aspect of me.

Ok. What do I do when I'm literally starving?

>literally starving?
quit saying that you fat sack of shit. Going a couple hours without food isn't going to kill you

>literally starving

you do realize that would imply you're actually dying. not just a hungry fat fuck, right?

I've heard of a lot of people "recomping" where they eat their maintenance calories and add cardio so they slowly but surly reduce bodyfat without losing too much muscle. I'm only like 15% bf and I want to get down to 10 or 11% but I've stalled for the past few weeks.

I think a 20% deficit is safe.

>synonyms:dying of hunger, dying from lack of food, faint from lack of food, deprived of food

Few hours after lunch I can legit get faint secession if I stand quickly and head just feels dizzy in general

How do I start? Can you recommend something to read about and guide me into meditation? I've read an article moment ago but still dont know jack shit how to start or how to do anything.

beans and rice motherfucker

>SSRI
Anti-depressants can be gains goblins. I suggest you ask for a low dose and to be referred to a CBT counselor to work out your issues