Why do girls work their lats and arms? I see this all the time at the gym, they're all doing it...

Why do girls work their lats and arms? I see this all the time at the gym, they're all doing it. Why the fuck would a girl want bigger/more muscular arms and back?

Lats give us the illusion of a smaller waist

they go to the gym to be able to post on instagram and brag to their female friends and betas to get attention. once theyre at the gym they actually have no clue what to do so they just use every machine they see and then do some meme exercises they saw on facebook. there is no thought or goal behind it.

If they want to squat they have to be able to pick up the plates

This.
It's about hourglass look. And girls usually want to have "toned" arms, with no upper arm fat. Even tho upper arms fat is simply gynoid fat distribution and there's no such thing as target fat loss, but what do girls know about it...

Yeah but it also makes your torso look bigger which is a masculine trait
I guess
kek

osteoporosis exercise

The modern female ideal is looking like an athletic, slim 15 year old boy.

Lats on women give the impression of wider breasts. It is only flat chested roids monkeys that look bad.

If I was a girl, I'd just be doing SS for the rest of my life. Legs for days.

>Yeah but it also makes your torso look bigger which is a masculine trait
Most girls won't go anywhere near enough loads to get thicker torso. Being able to do 10 pull-ups @ 130lbs won't make any girl manly; and even that is more of "goal" than actually something they're able to pull off.

>stronger back
So they don't cry about back pain because of their breasts.

My gf has a D cup and back strength helps her to avoid back pain.

They don't necessarily want them to be bigger, just more toned.

>why do girls not want an imbalanced body
Why oh why could that possibly be

Hm, I hope I'm not using too high of a weight. I'm doing lat pull-downs at 150 lbs for 5 reps, and I weigh 120 lbs. Mb I should stop trying to add weight at this point... but it's a lot of fun.

So they can look good in dresses that expose their backs you retard

Girls naturally don't get bulky. They won't get big from doing lat pull downs.

lats helps women withtheir hourglass shape.

Because not all women are perverted disgusting whores whose only aim in gym is to make themselves more attractive to men's eyes by constantly training butt and legs which often results in making them look like horse hybrids. Some women, believe it or not, want to workout to have a healthier more proportional body and train every part of the body equally instead of looking like a centaur as all instagram slut models look like.

Why not?

>implying women know what they want

>implying women have enough test to grow muscle anything more than minimally

you literally dont have to lift a single dumbbel in your entire life to look like pic related

why would females even lift? muscular girls are disgusting and there are way better ways to stay lean

It makes their waist look thinner in comparison. Good for grills who lack a good waist/hip ratio

shut up roastie

It's all about the upper arm fat. I'm lucky to have always had muscular arms even in my early teens but I'm short/have short limbs so if my arms ever get flabby it will really show. 'Bingo wings' age a woman.

Because its hot you dummy

Girls don't have test unless they use roids
Any weightlifting isn't going to make them look masculine or even as strong as men.

>Girls don't have test
hmm......

They have some test, but its very little.
Don't be pedantic

why don't you ask them? moron

You helped me discover a new word.
Cheers you bloody pleb.

Have you ever been defeated by a jam pot OP?
Some women have, and some of them refuse to experience the humiliation again.

I legitimately want to look as masculine as possible. I'd be a man, if I could.

To be proportionate?
Also tight toned arms > flabby skinny noodle arms. It's not like girls really build muscle like this anyway.
Believe it or not but people have different views on what they consider an ideal body.

As for me, for example, I'm just trying to gain strength to be able to perform at least half as well as the guys with certain tasks at work, since I do carpentry.

why not get yourself a nice female job?

I'm autistic and I enjoy making stuff, useful stuff. And I'm good at it. I just suck at carrying heavy shit.

I bet you get paid just as much as the guys who can do 2x as much work

Yes we get paid about the same, but different people specialize on different things. It's rather joinery than carpentry that this company does. We do fine custom furniture. I'm mainly on marquetry and carving and technical drawing, which I can safely say I'm one of the best at. Still doesn't mean I don't have to carry planks and shit occasionally, which is why I'm working on getting stronger.

>didn't know the word "pedantic"
>calls others plebs

They want a
>t o n e d. b a c k

i think they think it looks good but dont know that it doesn't look good and that likely /thread

Because they're belying the meme and actually trying to accomplish a reasonable balance of strength. Also I'm guessing you've never seen a girl in a backless dress with a toned, defined back...

HAHAHA HOW THE FUCK can you do a Lat pull down heavier than you? You'll just lift yourself out of the seat and be doing bw pullups.

That's what the pads are for you dip.

They think they're toning it up and keeping away the fat. They don't back boobs.

If anyone answers this mystery, please also get on this one:
HAHAHAHA HOW THE FUCK can you do 1XBW squats? You'll just start flying.

Self-efficacy and self-defense? I can help friends move and shut down creepers. I have more confidence in general, too. I Find that shirts fit better and bigger arms/shoulders definitely make my waist look more slim.

Because girls with a bit of muscle definition are god tier

Its almost like females lift for more than sex.

Tbh I do it because I read in Cosmo that it keeps your tits perky

Inb4 you're a fucking idiot

Accentuates hour glass

I don't do this, but I do wide pullups. I do a sport that requires a strong back and shoulders. Maybe they do sports too? Do all the women at your gym do this?

Also strong lats and a strong back are just generally good for you. Resistance training on both lower and upper bodies decrease the likelihood of osteoporosis and other muscular and skeletal disorders that are common as women age.

Larger lats also give you a better hourglass shape. And no woman on the planet who's not on steroids or has a hormone disorder is going to get so big doing this exercise that she looks like a man. That's not a thing, it just doesn't happen. No exercise is going to make a woman look like a man without steroids.

I think a better question is why do you care so much about other people's gym routines? It's something that will never affect you.

>Have you ever been defeated by a jam pot OP?
What did he mean by this?

failing to open

because a nice back is hot

Women doing this generally have no idea why they are doing it, or what muscles they are working, and the only reason they come to the gym is to feel superior to other girls, despite being almost as lazy. For the few that actually know why they do it, believe it or not, some women actually care about being strong and healthy. From an aesthetics standpoint, women don't gain upper body mass that easily without steroids, so this will help them to maintain good posture, and have some definition to not be a saggy fat fuck

Roasties are always training legs/doing crossfit m8. They rarely are seen doing upper