/homegym/

Let's see your setups lads

I just saw "let's see your setup" and picture of a room in the corner of my eye, I got so mad that someone was making a thread about nerd shit until I enlarged the pic.

I don't have any space inside for my gear, forced to use the garage. It's not even attached to the house so I have to work out in the dark. Still better than when I was going to the gym.

Go start user
>A squat rack is all you need

I want to be /homegym/ but I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment. What do?

all tricked out, just need to buy a decent bench seeing as its the only thing i'm gonna be able to use for a while after next month

About to move and will be /homegym/ since there aren't any gyms nearby, can I make it with just a power rack, a set of dumbbells, and a pull up bar? I do my running outdoors and I can also swim for cardio.

dont slam your weights

i used to live in an apartment and had my entire power cage set up, always put everything down lightly and slowly, if anything it helps you build your strength

never once got a complaint, even made friends with the guy below me and he was flabbergasted when he found out i had an entire gym in my apartment, said he never heard a peep beyond me stomping around always had heavy feet

I'm normally quiet and gently lay my weights down, I guess what I am more worried about is just having all that weight not on the ground level floor. I guess I could ask someone what the weight limit is?

For clarification yes I am getting a barbell with a complete set of weights

Titan T-3 rack, on a wooden base I built to avoid bolting to floor.

Rogue 2.0 bar

Rogue, X bumper plates

Random kettlebells for weighted pullups

Repp weight bench from Amazon

Brute Belt for weighted pullups (not pictured)

looks pwetty neet

Fat people weigh like 250 lbs right? What if a fat family of four owned your apartment. When they sat down for dinner, there would be over 1000lbs on one small area. I wouldn't worry about weight limits until fat people start bursting through your ceiling.

Nice. How much did it cost you total?

I wish I had been smarter and got a squat rack and a bench instead of a actual weight bench cause then I could do OHP and squats

I was thinking about the home gym for a while, what's the cheapest, high quality rack I could possibly use, cheapest high quality barbell.... etc

why don't you do some research and find out

Already did, wanted to get other opinions in a thread with people who have already done what I am looking to do. So I don't learn from others mistakes.

That's a strange lookin bench you got bro

Poo in the Loo side of the room

Dumbbell side work in progress.

3 of 3 and stuff

Is that your squat plug collection in the middle there?

Clubbells and persian meel stuff.

SHOULDER GIRDLE!

R8 no h8

Gadsden flag Bros unite!

10/10

About $1,250 total

T-3 rack: $409
Extra j-hooks: $45
Barbell + 2x25#+collars: $200 (Craigslist)
Other weights + kettlebells: ~$250
Brute belt: $55
Bench: $270

>airbnb.com

>pic related

How do you like the Indian Clubs? Seems an interesting tool for mobility+strength

Having a party with a group of people dancing to music will be far harder on your floor than whatever babby weight you're lifting.

Hell the tiling in your bathroom probably weighs more. That shit's heavy, especially if it's natural stone stuff.

Ex demo or second hand quality brand goods is the way to go. You probably won't have too many problems with chinese made crap but it has no resale value whatsoever, isn't trustworthy and isn't much different in price to used quality goods.

They are bar far my favorite thing to use outside of heavy conventional lifts. Nothing warms up the shoulder girdle better and there is a lot of skills to learn and fun to be had with them.

The lighter ones are super fun, the heavy ones (25lb +) take a lot of skill, stability and build old man strength.

Need to do some tidying again

Literally in here right now doing weight dips. AMA

>weighted dips

The weights are in my fedora. Good catch

>Caution: Cleaning In Progress

Nice touch.

Looks like something from a SAW film.

Kind of reminds me of Charlies Bad Room from always sunny.

Much nicer during the day desu, but i woke up late.

I can see it

What type of weight bench do you guys recommend.
I'm looking for an adjustable bench similar to pic related so i can do dumbbell exercises.
needs to support at least 170 + 100lb
craigslist has a bunch of flimsy pieces of shit that probably wouldn't support my weight alone
amazon also has flimsy shit that way too expensive for what it is.

any recommendations?
my uni gym uses precor but those are like 400$

Do you molest children in there?

You probably can do without an incline bench, are you really willing to pay $100 just to do incline dumbbell press? A flat bench will pretty much never fail, unless you buy one made of tin foil

i was also thinking of using the back of it for preacher curls, incline/decline and whatever else i could think of.
i just prefer the versatility, but you're probably right.

Hey guys. Well, I want to build a home gym. got an olympic barbell and made some plates with a local blacksmith, I'm a building a power rack by my own, got the 2" structural tubes, made some CAD plans and started today.
Well the thing is, I dont know the standar diameter for the J-hook holes, I bought a 1" drill bit, but I dont know if the holes should be small. Any ideas?

no, but sometimes i jack off for the asian lady across the way

where can i get the cheapest power rack gentlemen

dude patriots lmao

Shit....should I try setting up my cage at my apartment? It's a large studio but my biggest concern is stinking up my apartment.

how much was the bike and is it any good? running sucks dick

I got pic related recently (Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench), and it works pretty good. Good capacity, very nice stability. Downsides are that it only has settings for flat, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, and a slight decline. I wish I'd realized before ordering, because I'd really like the option to set a smaller incline. Also a few of the plastic parts seem a little shabby, but nothing that would affect its functionality. Overall a 3.5/5 I'd say.

Why go to all this trouble? It's hard to believe that after materials and labor that it'd really be much less expensive than simply buying equipment.

Bike was $10 at a garage sale and it has a resistance adjuster

You can find bikes like it on Kijiji or Craigslist

I spent $267 on the plates and $107 in materials for the power rack, how's that expensive? and i'm doing it myself

is that a rogue rack?

That's less than I thought it'd be. Proceed, fampai.

Rogue echo is a great barbell if you want affordable and good quality. They also have a boneyard selection of bars that are marked down.

Most all power racks are fine. Just go with the cheapest you can that fits what you want.

It's the green mile. "We got a dead man walking here"

Homemade power rack. Has a bar at the top, isn't showed in the picture. Works well.

>dat wooden power rack.

>perforated wood
You're either lifting babby weight or you're about to die.

>that guy who checks structural integrity of his equipment after each set

This is actually a bdsm dungeon

You dumb shit. You can do a lot more than benchpress on it.

building things is fun

Is that a fucking spear at the corner? Kek

The key is pressure.
When you are deadlifting the weight are supported only from your feet, while the family's weight is more spread apart

uh, you were right the first time. how easily you are dissuaded, youngling