Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all

SS is NOT a meme

Squats every other day are fine because of how large your quads and glutes are

SS also hits back every single session, because these are also large muscles

SS does NOT hit pecs and delts because they are much SMALLER and this is not the most efficient way to do so

Isolation exercises are NOT a meme, but they are unnecessary for new lifters

Glad we could settle that Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

andersnedergaard.dk/en/kropblog/sarcoplasmic-hypertrophy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean anyone with a brain knows SS isn't a meme, I don't know how that all even started. DYEL brosplitters shitting on a routine that gets you stronger faster

Starting strength is a powerlifting routine
It won't make you aesthetic
If you wanna get strong then cool but most people aren't aspiring powerlifters

get a decent strength base first, then do a split. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to grasp.

you don't need the sort of leg strength that comes from squatting 3x a week to look aesthetic tho

Bu-but those t-rex pics and bubbles...

>'powerlifting routine'
>Does OHP just as much as bench press

The golden six routine is a better beginner aesthetics routine

Fuck off Rippletits.

Find an aesthetic dude in the gym and I guarantee you he never did SS and I guarantee you that he can still push and pull big numbers.
Lifting heavier weights progressively over time makes you bigger. SS is a waste of time for anyone who wants to focus on aesthetics/BBing. SS is geared towards PLers.
Go eat your McDouble, tubby.

>no direct arm work
>no chest accessories
>no direct traps or core work

Do this for aesthetics tho

if you're starting out SS/SL any full body 3x5 5x5 routine will get you stronger faster than a split routine starting out.

Exactly. I'm new to lifting and I'm generally following SS. Working an area once a week would be a complete waste because of how fast I recover and make progress at this point.

A true full body 3-5 x 8-12 rep bodybuilding type workout will be more beneficial.

I feel like people who talk shit about SS act like you need to commit to it for years, you do it for a few months and burn out your noob gains then switch to a split.

I guarantee you compare someone doing SS starting out and someone doing a split and they're relatively the same strength level beginning the noob doing SS will be much stronger after 5 months and have a solid base to build off of when moving on to a split for aesthetics.

Generally speaking Strength = Aesthetics too

>no direct traps or core work
Holy fuck, what are cleans? Specifically the power clean.

Please kill yourself fucktard.

Why? You can incorporate compound lifts with insolation excercises and grow both stronger and more aesthetic over time. Starting strength is a waste of time.

you can do starting strength and add isolation just not that much, you'll get much stronger much faster than doing a meme split as a beginner.

uhh .. a power clean is a trap workout in the sense overhead press is also a pec workout.

if you think one relatively small muscle is lifting your bodyweight (if you're not DYEL) off the floor to your rack is your traps you're a retard.

Why do you need different "routines" for strength vs aesthetics?

Don't they go hand-in-hand?
Maybe it's because my starting, DYEL state is basically otter-mode-lite, but for me I'm assuming if I get strong then I'll just be even more aesthetic.

The prime movers in cleans are the legs you gargantuan faggot

Nah strength comes primarily from muscle fibre hypertrophy and neural adaptation

Size is about sarcoplastic hypertrophy mainly
There's all sorts of really strong guys out there who don't look huge

>Size is about sarcoplastic hypertrophy mainly
this is old broscience. see for example:
andersnedergaard.dk/en/kropblog/sarcoplasmic-hypertrophy/

Is this good for both strength and aesthetic?