Gym Culture Shock

Here we talk about the weird shit we see other people do in the gym in countries different from our own.
I'll start.
Been moved to Germany for work for half a year so I sold my soul to one of the expensive as fuck gyms nearby.
After three months I have concluded that the Germans follow these rules when in the gym:
>always begin your training without any warmup and with a set of bicep isolation
>"set" because never do more than one set of anything, or two if its pullups
>always do stupid meme exercises that involve some kind of swinging motion
>if you happen to do a compound exercise, never go beyond 1/3 rom
>never ever rerack
I don't get these guys.
I've only seen one manlet who looks like he has an idea, but even he does dumb shit, like deadlift-row-shoulderrolls and highbar-one-legged-standing-on-a-stepper-with-a-foam-on-it.

Are all German gyms like this, or did I find some bizarro place?

Germans are easily confused when they are not in a structured environment

In mexico people don't ask if they can work in with you, they all just work into each other's sets without asking, even if there's a person next to the machine waiting to do their next set.
It's fucking weird i was offended at first thinking wtf guy i'm right fucking here, and then i realized everyone fucking does it to everyone and there's no such thing as asking to work in.

Saudi sand nigger, been going to gym since highschool, now going to gym at a us uni. Never noticed the difference until i went back home again for break; Saudis like will go out of there way to make you gain.

>be doing chest benchpress @ 185
>struggling with last rep
>some dude jumps in and help with last rep
>also helps with laying down the bar
>i say thnks, heavily breathing
>twenty sec later dude comes back and puts 215 in my hands.
>dude says "you gotta DO DIS" and i say wtf
> mind over fucking matter
> i do like 6 reps with him spotting
> "holy shit i had no idea i can lift that"

And other similar incidents and advices.

Did you visit a budget gym?

Italian gyms are cringeworthy as fuck, everyone does really low weight, 3/4 of the gym are cardiobunnies including the men.

Everybody constantly tells you to "calm down", "you're going to hurt yourself" and "take a break".

The worst thing is girls actually like guys that are buff, but the men all want to look like waif soccer players. The only girls that lift heavy are lesbians.

I have been to 3 different gyms in germany, granted only worked out more than once in one of them.

Seems pretty normal compared to back home. The only weird guy is a spaniard, about 28-30yo, which does the most memed workouts I have ever seen. I think half of my reasons of going to the gym is in the hopes of seeing this guy training and teaching his ridiculous shit to his skelly gf.

Guess the machines not being parallel to the walls agitate them.
Reracking and everything?
I guess Saudi guys like to "blow up" their gains :^)
There are two other gyms in town, one is jam packed with niggers, the other one has shit equipment
they could use some Saudi folk

Where exactly are you OP?
I moved here six months ago and found the same thing, no one seems to have any idea what they're doing yet there are random huge dudes walking around like they were just bred hu..wait nevermind

Prime time fitness in Munich has four Elieko racks. The owner is obsessed with having proper equipment, by far the best place I've seen here, also pretty much everyone reracks

That's fucking awesome.

>tfw no saudi bro in my gym to push me 30 pounds past my PR

>stupid meme exercises that involve some kind of swinging motion

there are a couple of German guys who workout in my gym and I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY what you're talking about

>tfw stayed in Italy with GF's parents for 3 months
>Tuscany
>found a gym there
>FULL TO THE FUCKING BRIM with cardio bunnies and yoga mums
>very little weight equipment
>only the basics, no machines
>dumbbells only went up to 20kg
>barbell had like 8 20kg plates and THATS IT, NOTHING LOWER
>lucky i can lift a fair bit
>Still kept my gains over the 3 months but only slightly improved my deadlift and squat, couldnt work on OHP at all because the weight went up in 20kg increments
>did a lot of bodyweight stuff
>lose 2% bodyfat in 3 months even on a high carb diet (her parents kept me fed with great protein sources and lots of pasta)

It's so good, because it was really quiet and there were no skellies or fatasses there, just the women I mentioned who usually kept to themselves and sometimes checked out my glutes as I walked past

I'd go back but I wish I could donate some equipment from my home gym to them seeing as I'm moving to Tuscany in a couple of months

also sorry for bad english, native norwegian/italian with english as third language lol

Poland. In small gyms you shake hands with everyone inside even if you see them for the first time. Nobody reracks weights ever. Almost nobody does squats and if they do its usually in the smith machine. Almost nobody deadlifts and if they do the never go past 2 plates. Most guys only train chest and arms.

ITT: evidence that europeans are fucking retarded

>northern Sweden on exchange
>gym is the biggest in Scandinavia, free weight room has 10 squat racks
>always in use
>people usually use proper form
>everyone is dyel because 99.9% are natty (steroids are a big no-no up here)
>douchy gym culture, people unironically wear shirts that say "STFU AND TRAIN" and shit like that
>everyone lean because biking is ubiquitous

Overall 8/10 would go again

>wales
>4 or 5 people at most in the weight room
>at least 10 people upstairs on machines at any one time
>women only training room

Its a uni gym though

it's spelt 'thirth'

>Australian gym
>Rules state must bring a towel
>Didnt bring a towel
>Gymbro lets me share with him
>Its wet by end of session

Is this normal?

do guys allahu akhbar between sets

Is danish, living in Scotland.
Scottish people always stand at worst place. In a door? Let's stand here snd surf. Infront of leg press machine? Let's stand here and conversate about shitty weather.

They do much less DL and squats than in Denmark, but more bench and especially dumbell press.

Good mix between casuals and gym bros. In Denmark it's 90% gym bros.

netherlands

>people just run really fast around in the gym instead of using treadmill
>drink goat milk as pre workout
>sometimes wrestle in the dressing room
>jump up the stairs 2 legs at the same time

i hate this place

this sounds fucking awesome

I wonder if dl and squats are a Scandinavian thing. I was surprised how few spots in uk gyms for dl and squats and how many benches for chest exercises there are

In Britain there is a weird underclass of unintelligent white people that doesn't exist in Denmark

That is as much as I can tell you

If allah wills it, you will succeed. Mashallah my friend

Netherlands confirmed for autist nation

British plers like 50 or so years ago would start squat in the bottom position (no cage or anything) and had curls instead of deadlift.

>Never heard of an indoor track

Sounds fun

>people just run really fast around in the gym instead of using treadmill
>jump up the stairs 2 legs at the same time

Going to the gym high be like this

>bad english
where?

That anabolic chicken

Germans are cuck beta males. They can't even protect their own women from Muslim rape gangs.
All german males are dyel.

The fat guy who looks like he is going to cry on the treadmill

>that guy is me

Germans haven't allowed many if any muslims into their country.

>browses /pol/ once
it's like you guys don't even care about looking like complete retards everywhere you go

>Been moved to Germany for work
What kind of work?

natty doesn't equal dyel lol

>sometimes wrestle in the dressing room
man wish that happened in the US

>northern Sweden
City

>implying he didn't have his hands on the bar helping you the whole time
"THAT WAS ALL YOU BRO"

>In small gyms you shake hands with everyone inside even if you see them for the first time
literally shul

They did

Saying truth = being retarded? gb 2 reddiy

In England, at least 55% of Pakistani immigrants are married to their first cousins. Muslims have been inbreeding for decades and it has lowered their iq by several points over the years.

> Only over two million muzzies let in
Yeah barely a drop in the bucket amirite

>chalking up before stairmaster

Korea:

>Never, EVER do deadlifts
>Always do 10x10 rack pulls

The first thing I see PTs teach anyone, from young men to old women, are rack pulls

>penis inspection day

they forget all the fucking time.

in thailand no one gives a fuck if you just start shooting up test in the bathroom

C A R D I F F

>leaving the basement, ever

Doing bicep exercises to warm up is normal op you dyel faggot.

Your example isn't country specific like some of the anons posting
I've had similar experiences here in the US in local or small gyms, some people just want to get in shape so they have no clue what they are doing

I think it might be a cultural thing. I work with a bunch of mexicans at a resteraunt and people are constantly getting in each other's way. It's extremely inefficient, but I guess that's how beaners do things.

Australia
>aussies do compounds
>wogs and arabs do curls and lat pull downs
>asians and africans only do cardio and squats
>people here are either full DYEL or full roided to the max, no in between
>cardiobunnies always slutting it up in the hopes of getting a Chad and spend more time taking photos than doing anything
>not uncommon to see some wagie lifting in work pants with an old shirt like he cbf changing out of his trousers into proper shorts for some reason

>India
>Every person is on a bs brosplit of back/bicep, chest/shoulder/triceps, and legs
>rarely any compounds, minimal deadlifts (if any) with pussy weight
>Old aunties doing cardio and walking at a crawling speed
>Hot grils in Zumba in the next room
>Squats on Smith machine with pussy pad
>Trainers discouraging people from squats and deadlifts because they don't want any liability

Did you fuck each other?

True. But their women like Arab and African cock, it's not rape

>not uncommon to see some wagie lifting in work pants with an old shirt like he cbf changing out of his trousers into proper shorts for some reason

you got me
>go to gym straight after work
>forgot my gym clothes
>had the old shirt on because I don't like wearing uniform to and from work

there are people in between but it's hard to notice when there's roided up to the max people standing next to them, making everyone look dyel

what gym you go to?

You realize thats literally PPL and a pretty good routine?

>Each part is done only once a week
>If someone comes in 6 days they're told to split chest/shoulder/arms/legs/back/abs
>Mostly avoid compounds and free weights

I know how bad it is m8

(fellow Britfag). i found myself almost helping one the other day, he looked like Mr. Clean only with tribal tattoos and that Jeremy Kyle look. i kept my distance after that

>never heard of maximising quad gains by jumping up the stairs two feet at a time

>>drink goat milk as pre workout
>>sometimes wrestle in the dressing room

I don't think that's goat milk

>Be retarded and underage
>Go to /pol/
>Accept memes and satire as facts
>Return to other boards and post those "facts"
>b-but how are my facts retarded... go back to plebbit

The thing is, the migrant problem isn't just memes. Tensions are actually increasing in the native populations and wing parties are beginning to gain traction as a result of the millions of culturally incompatible and occasionally violent third worlders that many European governments are forcing on their citizens. The issue clearly exists, whether or not you choose to be informed on it.

If you're just referring to the shitlord who initially posted about fighting off rape gangs, ignore this.

>France
>Most gyms here allow minors to subscribe
>15 years old kids everywhere
>No one squats bellow parallel because it is "bad for your knees"
>Bench press is used strictly for volume. No one does heavy weight.
>Blacks and arabs only ever do calisthenics
>Powerlifters are always white
>Asians are all into bodybuilding
>People openly flex for long minutes using the mirrors. No one does this shit in the US.

Nah it was the rape gang shit. I don't mind people disputing immigration policies and how forced multiculturalism isn't working

One of the things that makes European gyms so funny is that they all love soccer. Like, they're obsessed with it, more than Americans are obsessed with football, and most of the men obsessed with football just watch it and recognize they can never be like football players. Europeans, in the meantime, all think they can look like their favourite soccer players, so they follow the stupid meme exercises they see them do on Instagram.
Americans and Australians both have dedicated bodybuilding gyms and a "physique" culture that has really died down in Europe.

Where in Germany are you located?

I'm a skinnyfag, but I noticed that most German men are skinnyfats, it's almost disgusting. Yes, we have a lot more fatfucks in the US, but we also have a lot more well built guys and girls.

Also
> go to exercise in the park
> wearing some old shit clothes
> everyone wearing brand name adidas shit, whole sets (pants + sweatshirt + bottles + headphones)
> men wearing tights and headbands
> people stop at bodyweight station, do 3 1/4 rom dips or 5 kipping pullups, and continue running
> people afraid of me, probably think I'm a refugee wearing old clothes

Also, more:
> no idea about personal space, people will breathe down your neck
> no concept of sharing with others ie. people will stop in the middle of the running path to tie their shoe or theyll stop and rest against bodyweight equipment.

Yeah, it sounds petty, but if this happens every single fucking time I workout, it kind gets to me.

I'm
Yeah, I get your point about physique culture dying out in Europe. In my eyes, it's something like the feminization of society. Basically, it's bad to be strong, bad to take off your shirt, bad to do dangerous things. It's good to drink beer, get soft, get fat, never try anything, never fail anything, etc.

Irish fag here. This is basically Irish gym culture

>Most gyms are full of DYEL doing bad bro splits
>DYELs want to look like their favourite football player
>Some will have lads just looking to improve their functional fitness for Rugby or GAA that they playing the weekends
>Women are usually massive whales, middle age women or cardio bunnies
>A lot of gyms have shit quality equipment and lots of machines as they know their clients don't know better and not worth the cost
>There are fitness clubs with good quality equipment but your gym membership will be high and you are subsidizing meme stuff like gravity fitness for soccer moms
>There is dedicated bodybuilding and powerlifting gyms. Very niche though
>Everyone interested in that gravitates to the same gyms so at least you get to know everyone competing
>CrossFit has started to grow but it's for yuppies
>Every CrossFit gym is situated near a multinational company like Google, eBay, LinkedIn or Microsoft
>CrossFit gyms are extremely expensive and most members are there through corporate deals
>Most Mass media fitness advertising uses Rugby or GAA players
>ON doesn't really use bodybuilders for selling whey. They use a Rugby player in Ireland
>We now have meme products like protein milk. Basically a dairy put a scope of whey in a litre of milk and sold it at a markup
>DYELs buy it kek
>Anyone in the know doesn't buy supplement products like ON. It's all bought from bulk suppliers in the UK like my protein and basically whey. No meme stuff

To add on

>Don't join a cheap gym in Dublin City Centre
>They'll be full of Brazilians
>Brazilians are absolutely the worse clientele
>Hog every piece of equipment, do stupid stuff and all you head is HUEHUEHUEHUE
>One showed up looking like DYEL Mr T

jets? the 24hr gym i go to is pretty casual and i get mires from the local dyels

>jump up the stairs two legs at the same time
Do you mean people skipping a step? Or people actually jumping up the stairs?

Sounds like every commercial gym on the world.

Ben Dunne gym on Jervis street?

insha Allah you will be blessed with gains.
also check that triple dubs subhanallah

>Australia
>Aussies usually do compounds; for some reason about half of us are allergic to actually doing all 4 of the main ones though. Usually only 2 or 3
>A lot of fkn broscience floats around; it's rare to see somebody doing a proper routine
>People often look good because of sports like footy since highschool, but attribute it to their shit programs, which makes them annoyingly condescending
>Everybody has a better tan than me because I'm a disgusting shitposter
>Not many people here can change their weight properly; calorie (or kilojoule I should say) counting isn't a thing here, and schools basically call it unhealthy, so nobody really learns how
>A lot of curling, benching and squatting

Kek. Tradies in the gym are fine by me. I've seen a dude lifting in boots and hi vis shit before because he clearly forgot his shit. Weird, but I have yet to see one who didn't say hi when eye contact is made, and act relatively nice.

Far cry from the high school fucktards who wear all the latest shit but don't re rack.

Yeah man it was grand in the morning and was near work but fucking hell in the evening it was a joke

Also,
>gym dads bring their sandwich grills to the dressing rooms and make grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone
>while naked
>it's normal to pull a raw herring out of your coat pocket and eat it before your workout, great source of protein
>people rarely do a warmup because finding a spot in the vast fields of bike racks is cardio enough
>nobody needs to shower because it always rains in the Netherlands

Source: I'm hella dutch

>A lot of curling, benching and squatting.

What else is there honestly

>Visiting my brother's wife's son
>Workout in Manila near UST
>Costs P20 ($0.45) per session, no membership or whatnot
>Place is unwashed, dust everywhere
>see a roach run from one underneath of one of the rubber mats to another
>No lockers, just shelves to put your stuff on
>open window, neither fan or airconditioning
>cat hangs around the windowsill, judging everyone's form
>1 liter bottles of coke, Cobra, and Red Horse scattered everywhere
>Nobody is wearing shoes, all slippers
>No squat rack/power cage, only smith machines
>Bars are leftover metal from construction (some half-bent)
>"Plates" are cement in milk cans (No indication of weight whatsoever)
>Stationary bikes are Mountain bikes raised on hollowblocks
>For some reason there's a hi-tech threadmill, turn's out it's not plugged
>One leg of the dip station is on the floor, the other is the mat, making it uneven and shake if you so much hang on it.

But for some reason I like it, rat's and all.

Czech Republic: been to a bunch of gyms while traveling there, lots of steing white dudes on barbell programs, almost no gay brosplits or cardio bunnies. Lots of mma and boxing crosstraining.

Normal gym etiquette.

>In small gyms you shake hands with everyone inside even if you see them for the first time.
they would kill you if you did this in sweden kek

Why do niggers not do powerlifting?

Saudi for highschool now canada

Saudi gyms are way better than the gyms I go to now.

>No women
>Only big swole Arab guys who are really intense about it
>Lots of roiders
>Gyms close for prayer time, entire gym prays together
>Soccer fields outside most gyms
>Gyms offer training and nutrition help for absolutely free
>Every gym I went to had a coach who walked around and form checked everyone (I miss u Rami)

I wish I could go back

It's not memes bitch, go outside and see for yourself.

Man this makes me jealous.

I don't like seeing any women in the gym, period. The best gyms are fucking sweaty dungeons with a bunch of racks and heavy bags and loud rap all day and dudes with 20+ years of lifting experience who just got out of prison. THAT's where you learn a lot and get big.

Gyms need to be segregated, women kill the whole fucking experience.

>(I miss u Rami)
kekd

Yeah only a few million

What do you call preacher curls over there? Imam curls?

Germanfag here.
This guy must be retarded, it's a freaking epidemic.

>Serbia

>only 3-4 guys doing squats/dls
>everyone else does half ROM bp
>cardio bunnies doing meme exercises
>smith machine bonanza with PTs
>MMA guys using treadmills and doing bodyweight stuff only

welp atleast squat rack is always free and nobody gives a shit what you're doing

>The best gyms are fucking sweaty dungeons with a bunch of racks and heavy bags and loud rap all day and dudes with 20+ years of lifting experience who just got out of prison. THAT's where you learn a lot and get big.

agree but what are you? gay? no women? kek