I gotta get into vegetables

I gotta get into vegetables

redpill me on vegetables, whats a good starter vegetable

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=vegetables&fwp_content_type=video
highsteaks.com/do-you-need-veggies-to-be-healthy-a-response-to-marks-daily-apple-caveat-vegor/
youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648
youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4
highsteaks.com/fiber/
caloriesproper.com/animal-fibre/
utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/29/red-meat-cancer-varki-neu5Gc-sialic/
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
circ.ahajournals.org/content/126/24/2880.long
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bell peppers are the best

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=vegetables&fwp_content_type=video

spinach

Buy baby greens, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, chop and toss together in a bowl, add some olive oil

Frozen mixed vegetables. 8 oz with lunch, 8 oz with bedtime snack.

spinach, peppers, and broccoli literally all you need

Yes, they're the best. Except they're fruit.

Multu vitamin+ benefiber=vegetables

Fried (no, not deep fried you animal, only in a frying pan) broccoli is so fucking good.

spinach, soybeans, brocolli are what I usually buy.

Dumbass

And then there's this guy.

Broccoli + peppers are your friend.

1-2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat in a skillet. Add broccoli, peppers, salt + pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and let steam/simmer on low heat for 5 mins.

I like to add hot sauce too.

>redpoll
>vegetables

Let me guess... fruits are some kind Zionist conspiracy created by (((them)))

You should choke on a garlic clove you fucking DYEL faggot

Vegetables are a meme. They're bitter and unpalatable for a reason.

highsteaks.com/do-you-need-veggies-to-be-healthy-a-response-to-marks-daily-apple-caveat-vegor/

Much better to just eat good animals.

I've never eaten vegetables besides corn and potatoes and sweet potatoes.

So now I'm trying to get into more and I just can't. Broccoli is gross and so are a bunch of other veggies.

Only one I ended up liking are peppers of all kinds and onions.

I feel dumb for not realizing I can eat burgers without bread.

It still doesn't seem right but it's good protein if you buy lean.

My favorite vegetable is mayonnaise

It is delicious on sandwiches and even pretty good alone

Buy frozen vegetables and steam them. Easy to do, very cheap, very healthy, and they last a long time in the freezer.

i've eaten hamburger by the pound out of a bowl before. if you get the 93/7 or higher it's like 720 or less calories and 96g protein.

It's really hard for me to believe that people think this.
I don't suppose this is bait? I mean you don't seem to be baiting but it's uncommon for someone to be this stupid on purpose.

>Parents, teachers, scientists, government health “experts” all stress the importance of eating your veggies. Problem is, they also told us that butter would kill us, margarine would save us, animal protein would give us cancer, and animal fat would give us heart disease. They said we should jog for an hour a day three days a week
>Basically, conventional wisdom gets it wrong an awful lot of the time

What a delusional intro

>scroll further down article
>not one single scientific reference
>argument begins with "I myself haven't found evidence that we need vegetables" like that means anything and the rest is just a long rant where he denies everything that's good about vegetables because he for whatever reason believes it all to be invalid
>why?
>he just does

It's no better than any stupid post you'd read on Veeky Forums or any other board by someone speaking about a topic they know nothing about. Being on a different website doesn't make it any more credible or well researched, it just means stupid people exist in places other than Veeky Forums.

No bait in here. That's how the human body works optimally and what it evolved on. There is no reason to endorse phytotoxin infused junk that is at best neutral for health and gains. At least there is no scientific reason. But of course there is a financial reason. Lots of profit to be made by telling idiots the comforting lie that eating petrochemical-fed topsoil-raping fields of silage is good for them.

Eat meat. Not too little. Mostly fat.

>No bait

Just retarded then

>What a delusional intro
Butter and animal fat protects us from heart disease and the normal non processed meat doesn't give us cancer.
And margarine is apparently neutral but not ideal.

>what I WANT to believe is true

No, fatlogic.

No, there was a 100,000 person study that was released not even a year ago that stated this.
It also says that vegetables are basically neutral when it comes to CVD. Except for beans. Those are apparently crazy good.

>no, there was a study

Then post it so I can show you why you're retarded

Okay, I like making fucktards feel bad about themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648

:^)

You don't "need" vegetables, but you will struggle to find anything that is as nutrient packed as vegetables that have significant fiber. Plus, vegetables will raise your intestinal pH while while protein is going to lower it. Have you ever struggled to shit or had serious stomach pains? You probably need to eat more vegetables.

Not a study

This doesn't fit the description you gave but okay, let's take a look at this dairy industry funded review from 2010, paper by paper

youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4

Plant material is a poor source of nutrition, especially compared to meat. All the good stuff is indigestible while counteracting anti-nutrients and toxic carbs prevail. Raising stomach pH is unnecessary and leads to both stomach pains and constipation among other horrible complications like vitamin and mineral deficiencies, SIBO, stomach cancer, infections, etc. Plant fiber simply accentuates those. What you "need" is animal fiber.

highsteaks.com/fiber/
caloriesproper.com/animal-fibre/

Posting that same retarded website isn't adding support to your posts.

No that actually was a study.
And it basically states that everything you just said and most of the stuff in this thread is outright bullshit.

The stuff about factory farmed milk and animal products? Yeah it's not that healthy. Neither are the factory farmed veggies you want everyone to eat either.
But natty milk and meat?
It's definitely healthy and good for you.

No, that's a fat indian man badly interpreting research on stage. Post the actual study you're referring to so we can read it.

>The stuff about factory farmed milk and animal products? Yeah it's not that healthy. Neither are the factory farmed veggies you want everyone to eat either.
>But natty milk and meat? It's definitely healthy and good for you.

Extraordinary claims

If you don't like fresh vegetables (I don't), try canned. Worked great for me and helped me lose a lot of weight. There is a lot of salt though, so be forewarned,

Okay, did you find any of what he said wrong or have anything to state that says he's wrong or badly interpreting studies?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Red meat literally causes cancer. Humans are programmed to be mostly herbivorous. We're built nothing like a carnivore.

utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/29/red-meat-cancer-varki-neu5Gc-sialic/

>plant positive
kek

Oh look, a wild vegan has appeared.

>"highsteaks"

Not a vegan. You're just histrionic. Vegans don't whine half as much as meatfags. And you just once again proved that.

Where did I whine?

By screaming about vegans. Now go away and kill yourself in silence so I don't have to hear you anymore. Being offended over someone being vegan is a personal problem. You don't need to share with the public.

>I-im not a vegan guise
Oh so predictable these days. Maybe their tiny amino acid starved brain composts away due to lack of fiber and its all meat's fault ;)

diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/

I'll use the bit on sodium as an example. He talks about a J-shaped curve where the target guidelines for sodium supposedly increase risk of CHD.

The "J-shaped curve" phenomenon of sodium and mortality, with which he tries to intentionally mislead you about sodium research. This paper by the American Heart Association science advisory talks about the problems with studies that report a J-shaped curve:

circ.ahajournals.org/content/126/24/2880.long

>Reports of paradoxical inverse or J-shaped associations between sodium intake and CVD and stroke risk and a meta-analysis have been widely misinterpreted as disproving the relationship between sodium and CVD and stroke risk and have received considerable media attention
>The 3 most important pitfalls in these studies are measurement error, confounding, and reverse causality. Accurate measurement of sodium is difficult.

The paper lists the most common methodological problems that cause J-shaped curves and studies that refute the idea that sodium intakes at or less than 1500mg/d are unhealthy

deep leafy greens
like spinach, kale, broccoli, and chard

they have a ton of vitamins humans need to thieve including iron.

Bell peppers will help you meet your daily vit C needs.

>Starter vegetables
Dude it's a fucking plant not a dslr
Don't over think it

beets, sweet potatos/yams. chard with a little butter lemon juice and pepper.

yummy crunchy salad, with fancy things like sprouts.

>butter
Way to ruin it with an artery fucker you shitbird

I thought I was the only one.
I fry mine with my chicken when it's almost done, with just a touch of olive oil and limon pepper.

Soooooooooo goooood

I try to aim over 90 from now on. 93/7 if burger 97+ if anything else. Very low cal high protein better tasting than chicken too imo.

That vid is a measuring scale for broscience rethoric

nigger faggot

He politely asked for advice on eating veggies and you attack him

I think they're overrated. Little taste, expensive, and goes soggy fast-- but they're easy to cut and cook and look nice so everyone buys them.

Are my canines to shred that sweet vegetable flesh? Serious question.

Your canines are probably leftover from a time when they were useful for biting a rival ape who attacked you or to win a fight over mating rights. They've since shrunk considerably.

[citation needed]

>linking highsteaks as an impartial source on plant consumption
Fucking hell

So regarding our bodies ability (or lack there of) to control serum cholesterol levels leading to diseases, milk leading to weaker bones as it takes our body more calcium to process it then is in it, saturated animal fats having inflammatory metabolites and raises bad cholesterol, fiber in plants shown to feed and promote healthy gut bacteria, meat causing the body's pH to shift lower, meat causing cancer, milk being high in estrogen and being extremely inflammatory, fish being high in mercury, animal agriculture causing more plants to be grown and the role phytonutrients play in digestion and cell health, you take all this as a sign to only eat meat?

>Starting Vegetables
broccoli 3x5
spinach/lettuce 3x5
peppers 3x5

>Lots of profit to be made by telling idiots the comforting lie that eating petrochemical-fed topsoil-raping fields of silage is good for them.

Yes, the comfort of being told to oatmeal and spinach-- everyone's favorite guilty pleasures. The fools eat it right up!

Cheese, bacon, steak, butter-- if only people enjoyed eating these things. Alas, we deny the truth to save our tongues!

Any leafy green
Throw carrots and onions at then to make them more palatable until you get used to and start enjoying the flavor of them

>fighting bait with bait
doing god's work user

Literally cant remember the last time i used any other vegetables than mushrooms, leek, onion, radish an tomato. I think it has something to do with the diet I grew up with here in Europe.

>cheese
>undone meet
>pig bacon
Fucking disgusting

>Now go away and kill yourself in silence so I don't have to hear you anymore. Being offended over someone being a meat eater is a personal problem
does it read any better with this minor edit?