QTDDTOT

This is a pic of me in the "hole" of a squat. Is it low enough?

Also, QTDDTOT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMFCKhmcKtI?t=700
youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtu.be/x51msTAIi9I
youtube.com/watch?v=zcf0lHF1lY8
youtube.com/watch?v=IxAVJkbTf0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no. Sink your ass and keep your back in the neutral position at all times. that acute triangle your making is gonna fuck up your L5.

your calves are long as fuck wtf

>lowbar squat

That is the worst squat I've ever seen christ man I'm going to fucking vomit it's so bad

:)

you're gonna get injured, lad

I have a lot of difficulty reaching a low bar rack position due to shoulder flexibility. Ways to improve?

What does this mean? Keep my back str8er?

no op

>when your calves are longer than your torso

that's a terrible squat. rounded lower back because of muh lowbar

It's a weird angle, my calves really aren't that long

I don't even squat and I can tell you this doesn't look right

first thing is first, put a bra on.

I didnt know Joanns Crafts had a gym

is this post serious? you're back is more horizontal than your thighs are...

your feet are too wide and you lack the mobility to support that position.

This has to be photoshopped.

You have the body of a kid that wears flame shirts and airwalks.

Post body

You have the weirdest proportions I've ever seen

>these are the people making manlet threads

>scratches out face

would be near impossible that your face isn't your best attribute considering the train wreck that is your body

Thanks for a good response

This is shopped right?

I mean... isn't the femur supposed to be the longest bone you have?

I swear it's the angle. Me calves are jutted outward. They are actually not long at all.

U guys bully too much for me to post body

It seems like you don't have enough flexibility in your hips, so work on that. For now, find a way to elevate your heels so that you can squat deeper. Also, the bar seems to be too high on your shoulders.
Find the spot where the bar 'falls' just above the scapula and bend your chest over more. Watch this vid youtu.be/dMFCKhmcKtI?t=700

Thanks bud

Brah, keep those feet on the width of your shoulders and stand in smaller angle, or the only thing you gonna make is trip to snapcity

Please post a full body shot op.

Veeky Forums, how do we continue to live our lives knowing that we're just a dime a dozen?

>an actual good morning low bar """squat"""
huh

also someone pls post that image with farmer walk rep count / rest time

Then your legs are too fucking wide
Keep them closer

and by "rep count" i really meant "steps"

>tfw you realize pretty much nobody on Veeky Forums realizes how fucked up leverages can be and how it affects your lifts.
youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

The kid has long as fuck legs and like 1/3 of is body is torso. Of course he won't be able to squat to depth.

1. Hang from pull up bar for 1 minute arms shoulder length apart

2. Up and arounds using resistance band

3. Lying resistance band pull aparts

Can tell bar placement from pic, but it looks like it is placed too high for the width of your stance the the levels of your flexibility. Biggest glaring issue I see is your ankle inflexibility.

Ask me how I know you don't even lift

rate my garbage 2pl8 box squats then.

and yeah op pic has some funky proportions

youtu.be/x51msTAIi9I

forgot link lmao

THANK YOU
Not even op

how long should I usually wait after lifting for recovery?

Do linear progression routines always assume you're bulking?

The reason I'm asking is, I want to switch to Texas method, but I'm afraid it is horrible timing since I just started a cut.

I was/am on starting aesthetics bulking edition.

first question are you lowbarin the bar? with this levarages its only option, second try with plates under your heels I feel like with wl shoes you will just touch the depth and that is all that matters desu you dont need to go ASS TO GROSS

you need to get your knees out more and get better ankle fleixibility, possibility hip mobility too, looks like your lower back is rounding to allow you to lean forward to maintain balance.

They assume you are adequately recovering from the stress being put on your body through training.

Try switching to the TM and attempt to continue making progress while cutting. When you begin to stall deload training weights by 10% and maintain deloaded weights until the end of your cut.

starting strenght or texas method where never intended to make you a asthetic bodybuilder but strong motherfucker, If you acutaly read the book texas method was from programming for weighlifters

texas method is to max out int strenght, not max out asthethics

If you want to cut and you are really int (maxed all out what starting strenght had to over) you will likely lose strenght, you can mantain if very slow cut, but cutting + getting stronger happens only for roiders at real int level

for me

cutting: do some strenght mantaining routine (do not aim to be stronger, like if it goes for 2 months choose weight that is moderate to you and keep it for this peroid, if you own it like a bitch you can add like 5 pounds)

bulking: TEXAS METHOD BABY

also

>cutting before 5pl8 squat

pic related

Why am I looking better despite shitty strength gains?(lifting 6 months)started off at 155lb skinnyfat, cut to 135lb, bulked back up to 150, and I'm now at 145lb looking as lean as when I was 135lb. But my bench only went up from 95lb x5 to 130lb x5, Went from 1 pull up to 8. I'm definitely not big but I'm still improving in appearance more than strength.

>TFW lifted today and consumed maybe less than 2000 kcal
FUCK
Can I make it up tomorrow, or do I need to go to the corner store for some protein bars

New to getting fit, started around the turn of the year.

I've been cutting for almost 3 months, around 700-800 calories under maintenance and I feel like my workouts are getting worse and worse. I'm lifting less, and when I run I'm feeling completely out of breath much sooner.

Is it normal on a cut like this to have shittier and shittier workouts? If not, what do you think I can do to get better? Sleep more? Eat more protein?

Holy shit this needs to be stickied. This is me the other day. I have been struggling with squats for fucking years now. Why the fuck does no one ever mention this???

Also is there a way to measure your proportions and calculate how low you should be squatting?

Hip pain

I've been having hip pain and tightness for about 3 months now, I haven't squatted or deadlifted in 15 days and it's become better, but I still feel tightness in my hips when I externally rotate, so much so that when I bench and try to spread my legs apart, I can barely do it, and if I manage to do it my hips pop and I feel pain from it.

I've realized I have slight ATP and I'm working on fixing it (stretching hip flexors, back, strengthening abs, hamstrings) and I've heard how that can cause hip pain and tightness.

I'm gonna post a vid of me squatting as first post, any help is appreciated, I've tried loads of stretches and none of them seem to help (maybe I didn't have enough volume? I only stretched 4-5 times a week)

tl;dr I got hip pain and tightness in my flexors and when I try to externally rotate and stretches won't help.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcf0lHF1lY8

op from future

Rather a dime a dozen than a drop in an ocean.
We're all going to make it, man.

S N A P
N
A
P

It's an impressive lift, but what really fascinates me is how it is possible that this person hasn't snapped their shit yet, seriously that looks like it's all back doing the work

well layne is lifting like for 20 years now?

false, look up how his hips shot up first, he squats it but its true he need fucking solid back to get up from this position

>800 calories
What the fuck, how do you survive?
I´m not an expert, but this seems really unhealthy.
You are not eating enough carbs for your workout.

>Special

No one's special. All you can be is your best. Who cares if there's a million other attractive guys? You have to be in there. Imagine that was just a webm of attractive girls, I'd want to fuck all of them regardless.

Every now and then this happens in my form. My ass and legs will rise slightly quicker than my back. Next thing ya know I'm doing that shit

You are all wrong.
He needs to work on his flexibility and put those feet a bit closer, but anyone, short of grossly disproportioned bones (not like OP's case, I'm talking actual genetic defects), will be able to squat A2G once they train some proper flexibility.

if not stupid proportions like layne you arent tight enough in upperbody and you dont push your chest high enough, happens to me too from time to time

How dangerous bench dips really are? I'm a cheap fuck and looking for a substitute for regular dips, for which I don't have the equipment. However, I don't want to destroy my shoulder joints.

When I'm front squatting how the fuck do I keep my tris parallel with the ground? Do I just have shit mobility? I can't seem to get them parallel unless the bar is on my Adams Apple

T. 5'9

>bench dips
>dangerous

bench dips are for weak fat folks and old ladies arent dangerous at all

Loooooool

havent been here in a few months, do we still have that google drive with all the ebooks on it?

I recognize flexibility is a factor (and one I am working on) but are you really ignoring proportions? Look at the 2nd half of the vid that posted with the comparison of the two guys. Do you really think that second dude with the mutant femurs is gonna be able to squat like the first guy just by being more flexible? Fuck no. Proportions have a huge impact and worse yet you can't improve them like flexibility.

Do people stay on creatine forever? Should I stop taking it for summer to improve aesthetics? Would doing so improve aesthetics?

No, even with your lower back rounding, you are about an inch above parallel(hips crease does not go bellow top of knee ). You need to get your knees out better, and probably move in your stance a bit. Your legs seem to be caving in a bit which is affecting your depth, because you don't have the flexibility to maintain a knees out position in the bottom of your squat. Work on the flexibility of your hip and groin muscles. Also, if you have 50 bucks to spend on some cheap squat shoes, then get some. You appear to have long femurs, and squat shoes will help you get another inch or two deeper without rounding your back. If you are poor, then try putting some small plates under your heels. Do not worry too much about your forward lean, so long as the bar is staying over your mid foot. Those are simply your low bar squat mechanics. Retards with oompa loompa femurs like and will insist you front squat your low-bar back squat. With your proportions, you will be lucky to quarter-squat without your lower back rounding with that form.

Buy a micro-mini band(the red one, doesn't really matter which brand), and do band pull aparts and shoulder dislocations every day. Doing that I moved each of my hands in an inch after a month.

You have a beautiful rippetoe-style box squat.

Depends on your level of training, and what workout you are doing. Assuming you are a beginner and doing a standard LP routine, you can workout every other day. After 3-4 months it usually becomes every 3 days or so, and so a light day is usually added on the mid week workout. Buy SS and read it.

Texas method is pretty brutal. Unless you're genetically very gifted, it isn't a good idea to do on a deficit. I'd recommend a 4 day split(main lift for each day with accessories ) or PPL while you cut, and then switch to TM when you transition back to bulking.

It should improve aesthetics, you'll retain less water.

Thanks I was looking for a fix

Have any of you experienced deep vein thrombosis? If you did, were there any physical symptoms or was it something like a throbbing feeling in the back of the leg?

I'm not a hamplanet but I was on a long plane trip two weeks ago, got sick for a few days and my leg started feeling odd since then.

Honestly, it doesn't feel that bad. When I'm not exercising, I feel fine, don't even feel hungry because I'm eating a lot of satiating food instead of shit food that leaves you hungry.

I can try and get more carbs before an exercise, maybe I'll cut harder on days I'm not going to the gym. I just don't want to fuck up my weightloss progress because that's my number 1 goal right now and it's going really well.

Try checking for it in the archive

How do I learn to like squats. They kill me and I dread them every session. On the other hand I fucking love diddly ohp and benching

>short of grossly disproportioned bones
you need to study physics. lmfao

>conveniently ignoring the "short of grossly disproportioned bones" part

what's your point

You grow to love the DOMS, then they leave you forever, then you do squats to try to get the DOMS back.

My last round of doms was serious shit. Physical pain on the heads of my quads. Shit sucked. Also I usually throw in an accessory to chest or shoulder on the respective days. Did incline bench for first time yesterday. Front shoulder and upper chest are destroyed today. How bad is my ohp gonna be tomorrow

what the fug :--DDD

Creatine makes you retain more water.

KEK

Did you remember to put a squat plug in your "hole" op?

not even parralel

Your ankles and hips are very inflexible
Your core is soft
Put some plates under your heels and work on the issues mentioned above

>Leg DOMS
>Loving it

Maybe if you're NEET and can just sit around all day

some honest advice that helped me, is to train split squats and really anything else that will help hamstrings. you're probably a quad dominant squatter, and once you're tired or distracted, your hips, glutes and hams pass a lot of work on to the quads, resulting in the ol' SNAP form.

take this with a grain of salt, obv, but try out working more glutes and hams, then hitting squats, it might help

Redpill me on water weight.

Is it normal to lose weight more quickly at the beginning stages of a cut, or am I screwing up with my dieting or TDEE calculations?

Could you explain what you mean by acute triangle please?

too much internal rotation
use 2 chairs, or just do close grip bench

>Muscle weighs more than fat
>hypertrophy builds more size than strength

>miss calorie intake fire 1 day
>think any and all gains are lost for the day
How's you're first 6 months of lifting?

My diddle is 450 for one. I can only squat 225 for 5. I don't train my squat but imma start again. Will diddle go up if i squat only 3x per week and rest diddle for month or two?

Assuming the pain is occuring at the bottom of the squat, you are more than likely impinging the labrum of your hip on your femur(anterior femoral hip impingement) by squatting lower than your hip anatomy will allow. ATP exacerbates it because your pelvis being tilted means it impinges sooner, but, even upon fixing that, you will still need to be careful about your depth. You won't need to cut it much. Only an inch or two so that you no longer feel that impingement. youtube.com/watch?v=IxAVJkbTf0M

Probably not, if there's that much of a disparity between your squat and deadlift. You probably won't get much weaker (although your tech might be off for a session or two once you start deadlifting again) but it likely won't go up noticeably either.

Thanks. Would you just LP squats in this scenario?

If you can make progress that fast (you might need to start with deflated squat numbers if you haven't been doing much of it - give yourself some sessions to build momentum and make sure everything is looking right before it gets hard) then there's no reason not to.

i like this approach