Fasting

Has anyone fasted? Not IF but actual fasting of 22 hours+

I keep seeing thousands of clinically proven benefits to it and hearing hype about it like it's nofap- gives you super powers, but this actually seems credible

Is it mostly nonsense or is it worth it? How do you maintain gains? Fasting general

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i fast atleast once a year for 5 to 7 days. the first 2 days are hell if you dont ween into it but after that its smooth sailing you have more energy then ever before and tou lose thw hunger....BUT oncw the hungers comes back you must EAT ir you will starting eating yourself(muscle) hydrate the shit out yourself too curbs hunger

I fast for 24 to 72 hours regularly and it gives me great energy and clarity. I always go to the gym fasted and that is a great boost.

Your body was literally designed to fast for many days a week and to eat food max once a day. Eating 3-4 times a day is the shit that causes most metabolic diseases, that and carbohydrates.

Fasting is a lot easier than people think, it's just a little mind game against cravings, and it makes your metabolism flexible over time.

>I keep seeing thousands of clinically proven benefits to it
Can you post a few please?

>Your body was literally designed to fast for many days a week and to eat food max once a day
Being this retarded.
You body was actually designed to munch on plants all day long. Not fast for days. You think gorillas fast for a day except under rare circumstances? Fuck no they eat every day all day.

>Not IF but actual fasting of 22 hours+

but that is IF. what you mean is "not the 16/8 protocol of IF".

How do you get past the first couple days?
I'm already weak in self control when it comes to binge eating and I'm scared fasting will simply encourage me to binge eat like fuck

16 is less than 22

>16 is less than 22

and?

Yes.

Your recovery time goes into the shitter and you lose at least 15 iq points.

Good sleeps after the 40 hour mark though.

>gives you super powers
no wonder muslims are ubermenschen

kinda unrelated but what's the point of shit like 16/8? since it takes about 12 hours after your last meal to enter a fasted state that means you're only really fasting for a few hours

So that's not what he means.

I do it a few times a year.
Especially before summer season. It helps you to lose the stubbron fat, fat which is even with IF and Keto hard to lose.

I do IF with my feeding window being midnight to 1 after my work out on week days with a 4 to 7 feeding window on Saturday and Sunday. I work out from 10 to about 11:30 then start making all the food I'm going to eat. If you count your calories and stick to it there's no reason you'd end up binging.

I honestly don't know on that. I started with 16/8 and asked myself the same question. My guess is they want the few hours of the benefit for when they work out but not that pain in the ass of eating over 2000 calories in 1 sitting. If I didn't have weird work hours and I didn't work out and eat immediately before bed, I probably would want a longer feeding window.

To retrain your metabolism and develop more efficient calorie and nutrient partitioning.

Our digestive system is much more similar to like a wolf or a bear than a gorilla. They have a huge stomach and intestines that hold massive amounts of food for a long time while their aggressive gut flora digests it. We shit out food hours later.

but fasting for 22+ hours, which is what he's asking about, IS a form of intermittent fasting.

I do ramadan, does it count?

>no water

no

No, IF typically lasts for only 16-18 hours hence the 16/8

Ramadan is usually less than a day I think?

>No, IF typically lasts for only 16-18 hours hence the 16/8

and i refer you to my original post

>what you mean is "not the 16/8 protocol of IF".

16/8 is intermittent fasting
the 5:2 diet is intermittent fasting
alternate day fasting is intermittent fasting

do you understand now?

It's from sunrise to sunset, during a whole month. So depending on the time of year and your geographical location it varies.

Isn't that 12 hours? And you can drink water during that time?

Nah that's not fasting. Especially if you can eat a generous supply of calories in between no food times.

I think a fast is at least 24 hours.

There's more than one kind of intermittent fasting. 22/2 or 23/1 would be just as much IF as 16/8.

Basically all wrong.

Our digestive system is much more like a herbivore than a carnivore. Carnivores have huge stomachs and short intestines to be able to consume enormous amounts of meat in one sitting. At a typical meal they'll eat the equivalent of us eating 20 hamburgers. They have a short intestine which doesn't need any plant fiber to push food through, and they have a aggressive gut acidity to break breakdown bacteria in meat. We need fiber and have to cook meat to digest it.

I understand now, you're being autistic

Right on. Seems like it encourages the negative parts of fasting more than straight fasting

>someone pointed out my error, better call him autistic!!

neck yourself.

Chimps hunt and eat meat senpai.

Vegans, when will they learn?

Sources bru?

Chimps eat insects and consume feces regularly as part of their diet. Their diet is not necessarily ideal, nor is early man's diet. Early man was often malnourished and did not live to an advanced age.

It's ironic that just before you were arguing that our body is close to a wolf's so we should eat like them, but now that you found that's not true, it's closer to a chimp's so we should eat like them. In reality, it's closest to a gorilla's.

We know at this point that the saturated fats and cholesterol in meats are detrimental to our physiology and that we're adapted to a diet of primarily plant-based food. The only time we should consume meat or animal products is when we are unable to get enough calories otherwise, like for tribes living in Africa who have no choice.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

LOL gorillas are the great ape we are the most genetically distinct from.

Am I triggering you?

You keep implying that our diet is most like a chimp's and that because a chimp's diet include less than 2% of intake from animals and insects that we should consume copious amounts of animals.

I would say that you are wrong, but you already know that.

>less than 2%

This is more horseshit like your retarded theory that we are more genetically/evolutionary related gorillas than other apes.

If I post a picture of a chimpanzee eating a plant, does that provide proof that their diet is mostly plants? That's how your retard logic works, right?

>How do you maintain gains?
bodyweight in protein.

That looks comfy

Didn't the Romans eat one meal a day?