Pull-ups

How to get better at these. I've added them to my routine and after a month I can still only do 3 or 4 reps before being unable to pull myself up. I've never had this trouble with any other lift.

I'm skinny and have been gaining weight so I thought that might be it, but it doesn't seem like adding one more pound a week should make me unable to stop being a bitch. How did Veeky Forums get better at pull-ups? I've been lowering myself slowly on the last rep of each set to make sure I stress the negative action but it hasn't helped. Should I try focusing more on negatives for the next month and try full pull-ups after?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Listen to Scooby and starting doing negatives

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

you can do 3 or 4 so wait a few minutes then do more. then do it again until 20-30. do them frequently and as it gets easier add weight.

do them all day everyday

by that i mean do 3 pullups in the morning, wait a few hours and then do 3 more, wait a few more hours etc

repeat everyday, that's how i went from being able to do 1 to being able to do 6 in about two and a half weeks

This. I went from doing 3 and dying to full reps in a couple of months.

OP here, just in case this thread doesn't get more replies I'll say thanks for your tips. I'll try them all until I find something that works. Thanks Veeky Forums

Do them EVERY workout. Every day ideally
Doing them 2-3 times a week is no good.

>After a month
That sounds about right you dumb bitch

With pullups you are pulling 60-120kg of body weight

Contrast this with your barbell lifts

I imagine him doing those grunts when he cums in his fag bf

>tfw 59kg bw

I would suggest doing hammer grip chins at first, because they should be easier and I think there's a lot to be said for getting your chin over the bar as many times as possible when you're struggling for reps. Build up your numbers on them and then come back to overhand pull ups after a few weeks.

Nigger I haven't laughed so hard in a while

Doing them every other day is fine for me. I actually need the recovery time, if I do them every day my reps keep dropping.

How many could you do at the start, are you making any progress? 4 pullups are a starting point, and they're sort of hard to get increase. You still get better.

One thing you could try to do is increase the reps per set to 5 or 6, even if you can't do them all yet. Once you can't do a pullup any more, do negatives for the rest of the set.

>all that kipping
>zero form

Do not listen to this guy

I'll give you the ultimate redpill: change to neutral grip pull-ups. Healthier for your shoulders, easier to do and virtually the same involvement of your back (more biceps)

Ive got shoulder instability so I don't lock my elbows at the bottom, am I fucking up?

Is proper pullup form going all the way back down to hanging position? I see a lot of people at the gym going half way down, or 3/4 the way down and they are just hammering them out. It looks like it makes them a lot easier

I don't really see whats wrong with him, he isn't doing anything wrong

isn't kipping allowed during muscle ups? you need to circumvent the fucking handles

Lat pulldowns.

Weighted pullups.

Pullups x a large number

This. It really is the best of both worlds.

lat pulldowns are absolutely ineffective to help with pull-ups

t. faggot who does a lot of lat pulldowns and still has shitty pull up endurance

tell me why I shouldn't pull with palms faacing?

You're doing well desu. My fat fuck friend can't even do one despite "trying" for six months.

Do them heavy. More than your bodyweight. A lot more. I think it's superior to a weighted pull up, honestly.

How do I pull off my dick with red palm tribe facing southwest and palm of the earth tribe hiding beneath the balls?

allegedly in the seal teams a good pull up workout is 500-1000 pull ups

just rest, then do more

rest, then do more

do 1 at a time if you have to

keep going at it

you could do 100 pull ups in an hour if you decided firmly on it, maybe less time, maybe 200

How do I do quick lat rundowns?

>implying you could do that.

I've started with chinups first, when I was able to do around 12 in a row I added pullups. I too was able to do only a few at the time, after that the upper part of my forearm started to hurt. So I mixed them in with chinups, did around 20 per day (in small sets, 3-4). Atm I can do around 10.

they're good at squeezing and contacting your lats without moving your body. the lat pull down doesn't carry over to pull up but the neuro pattern and mmc will help you increase reps for pull up