>afternoon - recovery swim

Friday
>morning - traps/bis
>afternoon - HIIT row

Saturday
-endurance ruck

Sunday
-recovery swim

Been working pretty well for me so far. All pretty much geared towards combat effectiveness/endurance.

what are you trying to accomplish ?
what are your goals and what you trying to get into?

>combat effectiveness
cringed

going to rtac in 2 months so im doing the 90 day ranger preparation. its actually a really good program for military fitness and is a fucking smoker. ive never followed a program like it and it keeps it interesting.

daily reminder to change your socks

how can the US even compete with a terrorist group that left humanity behind?

Monday:
> 5k (aim for 7 minute miles)
> 4 sets of PT (in 10kg plate carrier), of which 1 set is:
> 4x50 metre sprints in with rifle
> 30 rifle OHP
> 30 jumping jacks
> 20 push ups
> 15 burpees
> 2x50 metre overhead jerry can carry (jerry can filled with 20 litres)
> 20 metre bear crawl

Tuesday:
> 1.5-2 mile jog
> calisthenics workout including:
> 240-300 push ups total
> 40-50 pull ups total
> 200ish leg raises total

Wednesday:
> Shoulders and arms

Thursday:
> 5k
> PT

Friday:
> 1.5-2 mile jog
> calisthenics workout

Saturday:
> 5k, sprints or pack march

Sunday:
> rest

Command PT is at 630 every morning but it's a fucking joke so I show up early and lift at around 5-530ish. I never do cardio but I'm about to start because I'm fucking tired of how retarded our PT sessions are, so I'm gonna push to become an ACFL and then eventually CFL.

Navy fitness is a joke.

Is weight lifting for infantry preparation a waste of time? I do alot of bodyweight + cardio just wondering if i should cut the weights and replace it with more pushups

If you can bang out 50+ push ups in a set, and then still do sets of 20+ up into a few hundred total pushups, then youre probably in good shape. Weightlifting can help supplement bodyweight and make it easier, i.e doing back and biceps will help with pullups, chest and triceps helps with dips and push ups etc, but its better to be more wiry and able to run for days than be built like a brick shithouse and slow. If you can be built like a brick shithouse AND run for days, all the better.

What're the fitness requirements for special forces groups like Rangers, Seals, and Delta?

thanks.

Nice roids. I bet you stick out in the gym on the base

If you cant find the initiative to use google, and instead rely on a Tibetan throat singing forum, youre probably not gunna make it lad.
I know for basic SEAL candidate fitness test its minimum 42 push ups, 42 sit ups, and 1.5 mile run in 11:30. Recommended is 79 push ups/sit ups and 10:20 run. Check it out yourself though, could be wrong, only remember those stats from something I saw the other day.

Check /meg/.

>be me
>be at uni
>know guy who is a total wannabe marine type
>not actually a marine
>he dresses in the millitary style, marine shirts
>marine bumper sticker on jeep
>has changed his "shipping out" date a few times
>always talking about shooting and doing workouts
>he looks pretty average
>probably 5'9, 165-170
>he eats like shit
>see him in gym also
>he asks me how to gain weight, get strong, etc
>he never played highschool sports
>I give him a simple gym plan which would focus on ohp, pullups and farmer walks
>he doesn't do it
>continues to complain about his lack of strength
>wants to get biceps bigger
>mfw

Genuinely curious, do guys like this actually make it in the marines? How much work do you actually need to put in to make sure you would not fail the physical aspect of the training?

Nah, I've been the same size for forever, growing is a pain in the ass since the submariner schedule isn't consistent. We get shitty food and stand duty a lot more than surface sailors. Definitely a lot of carrier dudes at the base gym juicing their brains out. I like to think I'm not small, but one would hope so after lifting for over a decade. Still dwarfed by a lot of the surface dudes with nothing but time to pick up heavy shit all day.

Spoiler.

If you show up out of shape to the military, they will get you in shape, even if it means keeping you in boot camp until you can pass the fitness test. Threatening someone with more time in boot camp is often enough of a motivator to at least meet minimum standards.

If you're gonna lift at all, I suggest doing a lot of posterior work, particularly the butt and back. More of an injury prevention thing than strengthening.

Basic military fitness requirements are pretty low tier, especially at the entry level

If you show up to basic training super fit, your gonna lose a lot of that fitness over the course.
If you show up unfit your gonna gain a little.
By the end of basic training the aim is for everyone to sort of meet in the middle of the fitness scale

>Genuinely curious, do guys like this actually make it in the marines?
Yes they just don't make infantry, though its usually their personality rather than the lack of fitness that causes them to corps transfer from training

>How much work do you actually need to put in to make sure you would not fail the physical aspect of the training?
Once you pass the first test and get in and your uniform, its just as much, perhaps even more the responsibility of your training staff to get you over the line and complete training

Navy? Chair Force here, we fucking did YOGA for PT the other day. Oh but if you didn't show up to do that for an hour, god help you since you're clearly on your way to a PT Test failure!

so what would you train for if you were in the military user? holding back tears while we fuck your mom?

Yeah that's how it is at my gym. Active duty are usually surprised at how many civis are huge on juice

>Genuinely curious, do guys like this actually make it in the marines?

Yes. In fact, guys like that are what the Marine Corps is entirely comprised of.

t. former Marine, current Army

Hey guys I have about 51 days left until I go to BMT and I need a little insight. Well I'm practicing my calisthenics (crunches pushups) and after doing about 10 of each my body is in extreme pain that carries on to the next day and I feel it when I'm working. I'm not complaining, just wondering if I'm supposed to ignore it like I'm doing now and keep practicing and increasing the amount of crunches/pushups I do until I reach my goal

The pain goes away right? And am I not eating enough maybe? Drink more water?

I feel you on a spiritual level. Fucking ultimate Frisbee is not a workout, but command seems to think so.

Graduated from Navy bootcamp in 14. Used this:
gymbull.com/tags/pre-cut strength
plus TRX when I didn't have weights.

> Should of run more for great lakes
> still was in the best shape in my c school

In order to get a special warfare contract with the navy you need to be pushing numbers close to 90 push-ups in 2mins 100 situps in 2 mins over 10 pull ups in 2 mins 10 minute or less 1.5mile run and 11 mins or less 500m combat side stroke swim. Then just drop out in dive school and turn into a fat piece of shit like me. Fuck the Navy