Is introversion a character flaw?

Is introversion a character flaw?

Yes
so is adhd

Not if you have 9/10+ facial aesthetics.

explain?
is this the whole ryan gosling drive theory where you can be autistic as fuck and girls will take it as mysterious or shy

yes

t. Introvert

No

t. introvert

introvert master race reporting in

Yep. If you're hot you can do no wrong.

Evolutionary speaking, yes, and it has evolved to the much less extreme version we see exhibited today

No
But there is huge difference between being introverted and being autistic.

Also, being an introvert doesn't mean you can't talk to people and have fun as well as others
Also, there is no such thing as a "pure" introvert. Everyone is a little bit introverted and extroverted at the same time

>me in the office kitchen
>everyone talking to each other
>i'm on my phone eating lunch, and trying to understand why i am such an introvert most of my life
>i am nearly 30

I'm not an introvert ; I'm a lone operator.
I refuse to lower my standards to Hollywood and Mainstream Media crap.

>what's that shadow behind you ?

the kid in the OP looks like he's more shy than anything

The problem with being an introvert is that most people are not introverts, or at least not to the extent you are. Unfortunately many people cannot understand how someone is anything but genial and outgoing and, instead of accepting that you're different and that's fine, will think that you're an asshole if they try to interact with you and you don't match their exuberance. So basically you're forced to either conform to someone else's expectations or risk being labeled an antisocial prick, which is totally unfair. But there's not a whole lot you can do about it, unfortunately.

Fuck man. This picture describes my entire life.

You're a weirdo

You should be a smooth operator instead yaknowwhaddamsayin?

I can only truly socialize when I drink, and I rarely drink for fear that I would become an alcoholic. Such is life.

>Is introversion a character flaw?
No. It's actually a very good thing. Being introverted means you don't mind being alone and can be entertained or happy alone or with a small group of people. Extroverts rely on having other people around. You'd be better off being more independent. And introverts can still have social skills. It's just not put to work as often

Being extremely shy or autistic, on the other hand, will always be a flaw

>try to become an alcoholic so I'll have something to do at night
>make it like a week before I started making excuses like "well I have to drive in 18 hours"
>give up after two weeks

I can't even succeed as a worthless drunk. Christ, even homeless people can do that.

Can pretty people be introverted?

me on right

I'm a pretty good looking guy according to a lot of people... But I cant talk to girls. Pls help.

The only way to get good at it is to practice by doing it a lot. Also, don't put pussy on a pedestal and think of women as little fuck toys, they have feelings and goals in life too that don't always pertain to fucking us. They aren't from Mars, they're just like you with a few different organs.

not if you're ok with it. but if you are desperately waiting for someone to talk to yout then you're a fucking loser. same goes the other way. if you can't manage being alone and need to be surrounded by people you're a fucking faggot

You are this fat kid.
What do you do to get included in the group?

he may be an outcast and intorvert .

he may be an outcast and an extrovert, but because he is an ouctast he has no one to socialize with.

social phobia is different than introversion

This desu, the difference between creepy/wierd and hot/quirky is if you're attractive enough to pull it off.

I don't know how genuinely ugly people must live, it must suck to have all of society pitted against you for something you can't control

You sound like an asshole. I'm one of the most introverted, reclusive people people on the earth who isn't on full-on hermit mode and only strangers think I'm an asshole. Anyone who interacts with me, unless they are themselves assholes, enjoys my company and respects that I'm not someone who wants interaction or company 6 days out of 7.

Yes. There's this guy who works at the walmart near me who is easily a 9/10 and everytime I see him I wonder why he works at walmart and isn't literally easy-moding through life on his looks. He's pretty swole but quiet and keeps to himself. I have no idea how he go that way but it doesn't seem to be from abuse or anything.

I don't understand the premise. How can I be a fat kid?

nobody is introverted naturally, it's a coping mechanism they lie to themselves about in order to cover up a serious flaw which makes then unfit for reproduction and therefore rejected by their peers.

>go to table
>'let me tell you all about the jews'

not a flaw but it kinda sucks a lot of the time and it would probably be a lot better to be extroverted

oh fuck, user, you made me laugh out loud in a public place, my introverted self can't take the pressure of others judging my outburst

>turn around to people looking at you laughing
>'it was the jews I swear, I'm not deranged'

i do this often, i rather sit alone with my thoughts because i dont know how to talk to people, specially women

today a coworker told me why i did not sit with her to eat lunch, i said because i wanted to eat outside of the cafeteria

not true, i just get really nervous i isolate myself

All it really is, is lack of confidence.
I used to be a shut in and now I just don't give a fuck. Lose some weight and be proud of yourself.

that's a solid scientific perspective

>literally incapable of viewing interaction from another person's perspective

>introverted
>don't talk to many people
>recently been brought to my attention that I don't have facial expressions
What do I do Veeky Forums? It turns out people think I'm homicidal or something. I wasn't even aware I was different. For years people have told me my sarcasm was hard to catch because I keep a straight face but I didn't realize I was scaring people

Accept who you are.

I feel like i was cursed from an early age, my parents are very religious and isolated me from other kids because they deemed their upbringing immoral. Now I'm a 20 year old girl and can count on my fingers how many sleep overs ive been to or that i wasn't even allowed to go to any parties or school dances.

Not that I really care, I just like to be around people sometimes and connect with them... even though I know im different. I feel as if most peoples introversion is more of a causation of being ostracized or from earlier trauma rather than true introversion. Now I just study, read, and workout. I feel like I don't know how to communicate with others and I'm doomed for life. oh well maybe ill kms soon.

The whole feeling different thing will go away as you socialize with people. You may seem a little off at first but you'll meet people who will give you a chance and allow you to get comfortable with them. My family sheltered me too growing up so I never went to parties and stuff or talked to a lot of people till I went to college, so I'm deathly awkward when I first meet someone. One of my friends referred to me as an "acquired taste"

>Now I'm a 20 year old girl

There is no such thing as an introvert. There's just people with social retardation and their pathetic "oh, I didn't want friends anyway" excuse which is the essence of "introversion". You'll literally never see charismatic people with successful, gratifying social lives describe themselves as introverts.

They either get crushed down or use it as fuel to excel.

>"oh, I didn't want friends anyway" excuse which is the essence of "introversion".

huh, great thing it's not

No, but you still need to be comfortable with yourself. Introvert doesn't necessarily mean that you're socially recluse, it just means that you interiorize stuff more than other people instead of expressing it outwardly which leads to a tendency of preferring small groups or alone time to revitalize yourself. You have to understand though that because you prefer to be alone doesn't mean that you don't have to talk to people, other people aren't introverts themselves most of the time and you'll have to make an effort to at least keep a conversation going to get to know people. Sometimes it will feel draining but that's just the cards you were dealt with in life and that doesn't mean that socializing isn't a skill that you can practice or that you shouldn't even try, eventually you won't have to overthink everything even if you'll still feel that you have to make an effort for all this.

That doesn't mean that you should try to be something you're not, once people get to know you they'll be much more accepting of your character.

No. Introversion is characteristic. A byproduct of the person who is displaying it.

>says the guy on Veeky Forums

Dubs confirm that this is mostly true, especially the part about having to make an effort since you'll sometimes meet retards like Of course that doesn't mean this kind of people should be your friends but they'll sometimes be your colleagues or acquaintances so it's always good to at least have a healthy relationship with them.

I feel like my socializing skills are actually above average, I can hold conversations and make them funny, it's intuitive for me and I don't need to struggle in order to find something to talk about.

Yet I simply don't enjoy the accompany of most people. Very few people have the same interests that I have and very few people think and act like I do.

I feel like nowadays everyone has so many platonic friendships, many of them through text, that the average friendship quality is just kind of whack.
You don't even have the time and energy to adress every single person with enough thought.

Yeah; it sounds kind of weird but it's the way I see it.
I'm proud of being an "introvert" and not adding everyone I meet to my phone in order to engage in a "friendship".

>what is 'projecting'

there are lots of extremely successful, charismatic and popular introverts. a healthy introvert will find the right balance between socializing and spending time alone.

Being an introvert is just being so narcissistic and having such a fragile ego that you are afraid of even infinitesmally failing and therefore never trying at all

doesnt work this way Introversion=Autism, this is how it comes out sometimes. There is no excuse for autism, this is antithesis of social game

they're more inclined to be introverted because when you're constantly barraged with compliments in makes you lazy socially

t. attractive person who gets lots of attention from the opposite sex, and knows lots of attractive introverts.

yea you can keep holding onto the past and complaining about how damaged you are or you can at least try and get past it.

Im introverted as fuck but still confident in myself.
Never had trouble talking to girls or getting sex. I don't struggle keeping up conversation with people.

I just prefer spending time alone when I have free time.

If this thread proves anything it's that some people are even too retarded to know what introversion means. Introversion in itself has nothing to do with being asocial, it can lead to it however.

Yes. Introversion and high inhibition are death sentences. Just end it right now if you aren't a hyper-NT extroverted loud jock.

>meat isn't well done

cooklets are really proud to show their ineptitude aren't they ?

>he eats his meat well done

wow what a fag

There's introversion, there's being a loner and there's being socially inept.

The later is a character flaw, introversion is how you regenerate (e.g regenerating b y being alone vs with people) and being a loner is a about preference (see Richard Proenneke)

introversy no
social anxiety yes

>well done

Whew lad your taste sucks.

>they fell for the medium-rare meme

This.
Introversion is not the same thing as social anxiety or being an autist.

Introversion is simply just a preference to spend free time by yourself.

Says nothing about social ability.

>a healthy introvert
dude Ive been beaten down on this characteristic my whole life. Not like I want to whine or anything, but for me it has always been a challenge to make people not judge me/misunderstand me. I can make relations work but I dont enjoy them/feel they are being faked by me. I kind of wish I was somebody else, however shameful that sounds

I don't think you're alone in that case lad. I've been trying since high school and now I'm in my mid 20s in a comfortable job where I need to be social and even though I don't have to overthink stuff as much anymore it's always a challenge when meeting new people.
About that feel of "lying" to people about yourself, it's probably just because you haven't met someone who will understand you or maybe you still feel defensive about showing your true colors to someone. There is always going to be a person with whom you can be more honest with, whether it is a good friend or a girlfriend.

The only concern I have:
Are there women that are truly introvert?

I have had 2 gf's which seemed like the were at first, but it turned out that both were just too scared / insecure before the relationship.
That eventually changed throughout the relationship (presumably because of the confidence boost from the relationship) and ended in shit.

I don't want a partner to be completely asocial and shit, but I want them to see things at least a little like me.
But that seems hard in modern times.

>Are there women that are truly introvert ?

I've met a couple but they definitely seem more rare than introvert guys, I don't know if it's just my personal feeling or if it's true.

same for me, i'm the most confident person you will ever meet when i'm drunk. when im sober on the other hand, i keep to my self in fear of embarrassment

It might not of been 5000+ years ago, however when people started living in big villages, towns and cities in ever larger groups it has definitely become a character flaw and lost any survival benefit it may of had

However if the introvert is happy, is it really a flaw ?

Try smoking weed instead

>However if the introvert is happy, is it really a flaw ?

tis possible?

No.
There is nothing wrong in spending your time alone and enjoing it.

No. There was an experiment with newborns in which they popped a balloon. Those who cried aged to become introverts

This

You sound like an asshole

No. It's a personality trait just like extroversion. The problem lies in society trying to pretend people wanting to be alone is such a horrid idea.

grew up extrovert my whole life

joined the navy, decide fuck meeting people fuck making friends my shipmates were all coworkers to me

carry this personality on. i choose introversion in continuing college.

it works out. 10/10 face fuark

girls always asking if i have gf which i do. see me as alpha because i seem reserved.

reality is i don't wanna fucking talk to slootz right now

boosts my ego more and more. gg

got it all figured out I see

>have meal with colleagues
>nobody talks but I find it to be a pleasant time anyway
>leave cafeteria
>one guys says "dude that was awkward as fuck"
>"why ?"
>"nobody was talking"
>mfw I actually enjoyed it

Of and have are two different words, learn to distinguish them.

My fiance texted me "The office is so quiet. No one is here. I didn't talk to anyone until 10am."

>>mfw that sounds lovely

>However if the introvert is happy, is it really a flaw ?
I read about an ethical study about a psych patient that thought he was living in the garden of Eden. Literal paradise on Earth. A utopia. He was delusional, yet happy and upbeat all the time. The doctors had a serious moral dilemma as to whether of not to treat him with drugs. On one hand, he is clearly not in state of mind able to function in day to day society. On the other hand, why would you ever want to take someone away from what the view as paradise? He was harming anyone else or himself. On the contrary, the reported him to be an upbeat presence and a joy to be around at the center he was committed to.

They ultimately decided to treat him medically because the goal of the facility was to help people be able to function in a normal society as well as possible. The man ended up killing hanging himself in his room 5 months later.

>The man ended up killing hanging himself in his room 5 months later.

So they actually cured him right? I've managed to open his eyes, after all

Yes.
Quiet sub 8/10 = creep.
Quiet 8/10 or higher = real human bean.

Yes, one of the biggest

No. Introverts are the ones who spend more time with their own thoughts, and by extension create and innovate. Most top scientists, philosophers, inventors, etc. were on the introverted side of the scale. They are integral to human society and we would still be hunter gatherers otherwise.

Also to clarify I don't mean you have to be a total autist or shut in to be introverted, it just means you err more towards inner versus outward expression

Evolution clearly intended for humans to possess varying degrees of this

>Evolution clearly intended for me to put my dick in yo moms vagina
ftfy

Being average is the worst

>cant complain
>Constantly trying to improve something that can never be achieved

Not at all. Being able to be happy by yourself is great. It doesn’t have to mean being a shut-in.
I’m introverted, but I don’t reject the company of others when it becomes available. I just prefer to be by myself.

Being legitimately anti-social is bad. But that has nothing to do with introversion.

As always, Balance.

this. im actually great with other people but if i dont know them well i usually rather sit alone in uni class if i can choose

>Being extremely shy or autistic, on the other hand, will always be a flaw

This. Introversion =/= shyness
The definition of an introvert is "Someone that loses energy from being in crowds/parties."

An extrovert would gain energy from that environment.

>so is adhd
Access to free pharma grade amphetamines is way more of an asset than adhd is a liability